Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 219594 times
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Re: Mario Balotelli > Nice
      Reply #2139: Sep 13, 2016 02:09:20 pm
      Or, since my default view is posts that I've posted in, this bubbles to the top and I have to see it because people keep posting in it.

Don't click on it then
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)
      Reply #2140: Sep 21, 2016 10:25:30 pm
      2 goals tonight against Monaco in a 4-0 victory, 1st one especially was a brilliantly taken goal. Where has this Mario been for 2 years?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2141: Sep 21, 2016 10:31:20 pm
      2 goals tonight against Monaco in a 4-0 victory, 1st one especially was a brilliantly taken goal. Where has this Mario been for 2 years?

He has found his level.............for a couple of weeks at least until he gets bored.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2142: Sep 21, 2016 10:38:32 pm
      He has found his level.............for a couple of weeks at least until he gets bored.

That was my thinking earlier when I saw that he'd scored. He's an Adebayor type.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2143: Sep 21, 2016 10:45:11 pm
      That was my thinking earlier when I saw that he'd scored. He's an Adebayor type.

He's an enigma.

I disagree when people say the talent isn't really there in him I think there's superstar there but his mentality prevents him from realising it...shame
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2144: Sep 22, 2016 01:29:26 am

He's an overhyped gobs***e!

We're the worst mistake of his life apparently. Personally I'd say the worst mistake of his life was thinking he was far better than he actually is.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2145: Sep 24, 2016 08:42:35 am
      Personally I'd say the worst mistake of his life was thinking he was far better than he actually is.
      :lmao:

Although he wasn't alone in that: do you remember the balloons who suggested BR should have built the team around him?  :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2146: Sep 24, 2016 07:37:42 pm
      do you remember the balloons who suggested BR should have built the team around him?  :laugh:

Haha I don't remember that, luckily!....I wasn't one of them whoppers was I? I'm pretty sure I wasn't...I hope I wasn't :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2147: Oct 02, 2016 06:02:48 pm
      Scored what could be the winner and then gets himself sent off in injury time :D.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2148: Oct 02, 2016 06:41:05 pm
      Scored what could be the winner and then gets himself sent off in injury time :D.

Sums that boy up
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #2149: Oct 03, 2016 08:12:23 pm

To be fair, the ref has admitted he got that call wrong and Mario shouldn't have been sent off: 

http://www.espnfc.us/nice/story/2965223/mario-balotelli-set-to-escape-suspension-after-referee-admits-error-on-red-card
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #2150: Oct 31, 2016 12:56:12 am
      7 goals in 7 games, only 1 of which has been a penalty.  Maybe Ligue 1 is more his level, and maybe he was never good enough to make it at LFC, but the kid can score goals in the right setup. 
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2151: Oct 31, 2016 11:33:14 am
      The lad is a skidmark in our history, don't even know why we are still talking about him.

I'll acknowledge his ability when he wins the Ballon d'Or  :roll:
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #2152: Oct 31, 2016 12:24:14 pm
      The lad is a skidmark in our history, don't even know why we are still talking about him.

You don't have to talk about him ;)

I'll acknowledge his ability when he wins the Ballon d'Or  :roll:

So, there are only 3 active players (Kaka, Messi, and Ronaldo) whose ability  you recognize? 
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2153: Oct 31, 2016 03:26:00 pm
      So, there are only 3 active players (Kaka, Messi, and Ronaldo) whose ability  you recognize?

It was a joke. Remember when he said he was going to win it?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2154: Oct 31, 2016 04:01:46 pm
      Think the lad has finally found his level in the French league & all the best to him..
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #2155: Oct 31, 2016 04:14:25 pm
      So he's lighting it up in the French league - but lets be honest, it is a league for sh*t strikers incapable of playing at the highest level.

Isn't it Zlatan?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2156: Oct 31, 2016 04:43:16 pm
      7 goals in 7 games, only 1 of which has been a penalty.  Maybe Ligue 1 is more his level, and maybe he was never good enough to make it at LFC, but the kid can score goals in the right setup. 

As you point out he can put them away in the right/less competitive set up.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #2157: Oct 31, 2016 06:48:02 pm
      Think the lad has finally found his level in the French league & all the best to him..

Exactly!!  It's just funny sad that some former players like Balotelli and Borini get called all sorts of names because they were poor players while at LFC.  Neither ever did anything to embarrass the club, but on the flip side there's people on here still defending Suarez like:

"Well, Evra is black....  and playing for United objectively makes him a piece of sh*t....  therefore, Luis didn't really do anything other than state the facts of the siuation." 

"That dirty c**t Chiellini used his shoulder to punch Luis in the teeth!!"

I'm not trying to rewrite history.  Mario was nothing short of sh*t while he was here, and it's clear as F***ing crystal that he wouldn't fit into Klopp's tactics.  However, I always got the impression that he was capable of much more than he ever showed here and his performances this season seem to back that up. 

Best of luck Mario!!  We don't all hate you ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2158: Oct 31, 2016 06:55:25 pm
      Exactly!!  It's just funny sad that some former players like Balotelli and Borini get called all sorts of names because they were poor players while at LFC.  Neither ever did anything to embarrass the club, but on the flip side there's people on here still defending Suarez like:

"Well, Evra is black....  and playing for United objectively makes him a piece of sh*t....  therefore, Luis didn't really do anything other than state the facts of the siuation." 

I'm not trying to rewrite history.  Mario was nothing short of sh*t while he was here, and it's clear as f**king crystal that he wouldn't fit into Klopp's tactics.  However, I always got the impression that he was capable of much more than he ever showed here and his performances this season seem to back that up. 

Are you kidding? Balotelli embarrassed all of us every time he put on the shirt and strolled around the pitch putting in F**k all effort and F**k all goals.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2159: Oct 31, 2016 10:07:48 pm

I'm not trying to rewrite history.  Mario was nothing short of sh*t while he was here, and it's clear as f**king crystal that he wouldn't fit into Klopp's tactics.  However, I always got the impression that he was capable of much more than he ever showed here and his performances this season seem to back that up. 

How can you even compare Suarez and Balotelli? Balotelli wouldn't run, wouldn't try. He was F***ing dog sh*t in his brief spell and he should never of been bought.

He was capable of more which make's it all the more frustrating that he pissed his chance up the wall to be a good player for us.

That said, he couldn't cut it in the premier league. He had 2 chances and was sh*t at both clubs. He belongs in an inferior league, hence why he's playing alright now.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2160: Dec 05, 2016 10:07:06 am
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2161: Feb 13, 2017 12:27:27 pm

Quick Reply