Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 219581 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)
      Aug 25, 2014 04:59:11 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool Mario Balotelli!

@LFC: Confirmed: #LFC have today completed the signing of Italy international Mario Balotelli from AC Milan #MarioLFC http://t.co/iSrVb0P3Mw

Reds complete Mario Balotelli deal

Liverpool can confirm they have completed the signing of Italy striker Mario Balotelli, subject to registration.

The 24-year-old sealed his switch to Anfield from AC Milan after passing a medical and agreeing a long-term deal to become the Reds' ninth signing of the summer so far.

Balotelli said: "I'm very happy. We've been talking about coming here and now I'm happy to be here.

"Liverpool are one of the best teams here in England and the football is very good here.

"It's a great team with young players, and that's why I came here."

Balotelli joins Liverpool after a year-and-a-half with Milan, where he scored 30 goals in 54 appearances.

The forward already has experience of playing in the Barclays Premier League having represented Manchester City, where he helped them to the title in 2012 after moving from Inter Milan.

Balotelli has also clinched several other winners' medals during his career so far, which include the Champions League, three Serie A championships and an FA Cup.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/169505-reds-complete-mario-balotelli-deal

Mario Balotelli: The first LFC interview

Mario Balotelli admits the chance to be a part of Liverpool's exciting young team was a key factor behind his decision to make the move to Merseyside.

The Italy striker became the club's ninth signing of the summer so far after tying up his move at Melwood on Monday morning, subject to registration.

Moments after putting pen to paper on his deal, Balotelli sat down with Liverpoolfc.com to outline why he's thrilled by the transfer and explained his eagerness to run out at Anfield as a Red.

Scroll down to read a full transcript of our exclusive chat with Liverpool's latest recruit.

Mario, welcome to Liverpool Football Club. How do you feel to have signed for the club?

I'm very happy. We've been talking about coming here and I'm happy to be here.

What attracted you to the challenge here at Liverpool?

Liverpool are one of the best teams here in England. The football is very good here. It's a great team with young players, and that's why I came here.

You've received an incredible reception from the fans here already. How has that made you feel?

I didn't expect it because I've always been playing against Liverpool. Whenever I played against Liverpool, the fans weren't nice with me but that's normal - it's football! Now that I play for Liverpool, I can see the expectation in people. They're very happy and that makes me very happy at the same time.

You've previously described playing at Anfield as a 'beautiful experience' to Fabio Borini. Did you enjoy playing at Anfield as an opposing player?

No - but when I play with this team [at Anfield], it's going to be nice for sure. To play here for Liverpool excites me, but if you're an opponent it's difficult.

For someone still so young, you have a lot of experience - can you use that to help what is a young team here at Liverpool?

I maybe have a little bit more experience than other players - if I can help them, I'm happy to help them.

Liverpool are back in the Champions League after five years out, and you have got great memories of the competition; you were Inter Milan's youngest ever goalscorer in the tournament and you also won it with them in 2010. Are those experiences something you can bring to Liverpool to help in the Champions League this season?

I always start a competition wanting to win it. We will see. I want to win another Champions League for sure, because the Champions League wasn't all mine, I was in a team. I want to take this team to the Champions League.

You have been away from English football for around 18 months - how do you feel about coming back?

I'm happy to be back because I left England and it was a mistake. I wanted to go to Italy but I realised it was a mistake.

Do you feel English football suits you better?

English football is generally better. English football is beautiful.

We know you are going to take the No.45 for Liverpool. Can you explain the significance of that shirt?

When I first played three or four games with Inter Milan, when I was young, I had No.45 because the numbers for young players were from No.36 to No.50. I took No.45 because I was joking that four plus five is nine - and I scored in all four games. It brings me luck and that's why I've always kept No.45.

This deal has moved very quickly over the last few days, so has it sunk in yet that you are a Liverpool player?

No. When I meet the team, start training with them and start my first game, I will realise. For now, I have just seen the city.

How much are you looking forward to meeting your new teammates?

I am going to meet them soon and I'm excited.

Liverpool are in action tonight against your former club, Manchester City - are you going to attend the game?

I'm going to be watching the game. I would love to play but I can't, so I'll support them from the stand.

Finally, what are your ambitions here at Liverpool? What do you hope to achieve?

As much as I can.

« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2016 02:47:04 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #1: Aug 25, 2014 05:04:16 pm
      Welcome fella, hope he can shine here for all the right reasons.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #2: Aug 25, 2014 05:04:24 pm
      Welcome Mario!

YNWA
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #3: Aug 25, 2014 05:06:46 pm
      Welcome to LFC Mario, looking forward to seeing a Balotelli special, maybe in his debut appearance, possibly at the weekend.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4: Aug 25, 2014 05:06:58 pm
      Welcome Mario!

This should be fun!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5: Aug 25, 2014 05:10:39 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool Mario

This should be ..... interesting
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #6: Aug 25, 2014 05:11:54 pm
      Cracking birthday present. Now just need a win today for icing on the cake. ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Aug 25, 2014 05:14:41 pm
      MOAR LEANING

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #8: Aug 25, 2014 05:15:29 pm
      He hasn't forgotten that we booed him in the game he was sent off. It really was not required as he had only good words about us.

Anyway, welcome Mario.

Cracking birthday present. Now just need a win today for icing on the cake. ;D

Happy birthday, mate!

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #9: Aug 25, 2014 05:16:53 pm
      Apparently a 3 year deal with the option of a fourth.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10: Aug 25, 2014 05:19:08 pm
      Prove the doubters wrong lad

Welcome and good luck
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: Aug 25, 2014 05:21:33 pm
      Welcome Stupid Super Mario  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #12: Aug 25, 2014 05:22:26 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/169498-mario-balotelli-the-first-lfc-interview

Mario, welcome to Liverpool Football Club. How do you feel to have signed for the club?

Liverpool are one of the best teams here in England. The football is very good here. It's a great team with young players, and that's why I came here.

You've received an incredible reception from the fans here already. How has that made you feel?

I didn't expect it because I've always been playing against Liverpool. Whenever I played against Liverpool, the fans weren't nice with me but that's normal - it's football! Now that I play for Liverpool, I can see the expectation in people. They're very happy and that makes me very happy at the same time.

You've previously described playing at Anfield as a 'beautiful experience' to Fabio Borini. Did you enjoy playing at Anfield as an opposing player?

No - but when I play with this team [at Anfield], it's going to be nice for sure. To play here for Liverpool excites me, but if you're an opponent it's difficult.

For someone still so young, you have a lot of experience - can you use that to help what is a young team here at Liverpool?

I maybe have a little bit more experience than other players - if I can help them, I'm happy to help them.

Liverpool are back in the Champions League after five years out, and you have got great memories of the competition; you were Inter Milan's youngest ever goalscorer in the tournament and you also won it with them in 2010. Are those experiences something you can bring to Liverpool to help in the Champions League this season?

I always start a competition wanting to win it. We will see. I want to win another Champions League for sure, because the Champions League wasn't all mine, I was in a team. I want to take this team to the Champions League.

You have been away from English football for around 18 months - how do you feel about coming back?

I'm happy to be back because I left England and it was a mistake. I wanted to go to Italy but I realised it was a mistake.

We know you are going to take the No.45 for Liverpool. Can you explain the significance of that shirt?

When I first played three or four games with Inter Milan, when I was young, I had No.45 because the numbers for young players were from No.36 to No.50. I took No.45 because I was joking that four plus five is nine - and I scored in all four games. It brings me luck and that's why I've always kept No.45.

This deal has moved very quickly over the last few days, so has it sunk in yet that you are a Liverpool player?

No. When I meet the team, start training with them and start my first game, I will realise. For now, I have just seen the city.

Liverpool are in action tonight against your former club, Manchester City - are you going to attend the game?

I'm going to be watching the game. I would love to play but I can't, so I'll support them from the stand.

Finally, what are your ambitions here at Liverpool? What do you hope to achieve?

As much as I can.

WELCOME MARIO :aaliverpool2xt1:
      lfc_ynwa
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #13: Aug 25, 2014 05:22:33 pm
      Mario Balotelli: The first LFC interview

Mario Balotelli admits the chance to be a part of Liverpool's exciting young team was a key factor behind his decision to make the move to Merseyside.

The Italy striker became the club's ninth signing of the summer so far after tying up his move at Melwood on Monday morning, subject to registration.

Moments after putting pen to paper on his deal, Balotelli sat down with Liverpoolfc.com to outline why he's thrilled by the transfer and explained his eagerness to run out at Anfield as a Red.

Scroll down to read a full transcript of our exclusive chat with Liverpool's latest recruit.

As much as I can.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #14: Aug 25, 2014 05:26:08 pm
      Mario Balotelli.. welcome to my club.. welcome to Liverpool Football Club my man, a man who I've loved watching for years now, a man I've enjoyed following and enjoyed defending. Still can't quite believe you're part of the family now. YNWA Mario Balotelli, may you enjoy many seasons in red.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #15: Aug 25, 2014 05:26:36 pm
      Hang on, it's going to be a heck of a ride. ;D

Welcome Super Mario!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #16: Aug 25, 2014 05:27:06 pm
      Welcome aboard you crazy b***ard!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17: Aug 25, 2014 05:28:50 pm
      I think he's going to be as frustrating as is he brilliant at times, its going to be a roller coaster ride for sure, just hope he fits in well and settles into the club as he could be a really really good player if he stays focused.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #18: Aug 25, 2014 05:31:44 pm
      Welcome to the mighty red-men Mario - now let's show 'em all together!
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #19: Aug 25, 2014 05:35:29 pm
      Don't think I've been more excited for signing, honestly. That German team that just won the world cup were among the favorites at the Euros before Mario unleashed that rocket. He can be a game changer and a match winner. WAHS posted that Mario Balotelli song and it's got me hyped up! What a character, this should be fun

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #20: Aug 25, 2014 05:36:29 pm
      Welcome Mario!  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #21: Aug 25, 2014 05:36:34 pm
      At worst I think he'll be a great addition to the squad.

At best he could be world class, with Brendan and Steven Peters working with him he'll be given every chance.

Time to choose success Mario and you've chosen the right club, welcome to the best football family in the world!
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #22: Aug 25, 2014 05:36:46 pm
      One Balo, Two Balo, Three Balotelli!!
      Pull Up His Shirt When He Scores On The Tele,
      Why Always Me Written On His Belly,

Ooohh Balotelli

Quick Reply