Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220964 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #161: Sep 10, 2014 07:19:25 pm

I think this is a pic of the so called incident
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #162: Sep 10, 2014 07:20:52 pm

His leg is with the shoulder not with head 1st thing plus he was jumping to hurdle a tackle.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #163: Sep 10, 2014 07:25:38 pm
      His leg is with the shoulder not with head 1st thing plus he was jumping to hurdle a tackle.

Not looking at him either, usually that is the first thing to look for.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #164: Sep 10, 2014 07:37:10 pm

The Wolves bench look to be fine with it.

One even looks as if he is smiling.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #165: Sep 10, 2014 07:50:07 pm
      There was a similar incident in our game last season behind closed doors against Burnley when Suarez supposedly butted someone in the chest( probably just a badly timed bite ? )

One even looks as if he is smiling.

He probably plays in the same position and thinks he will soon be back in the first team :)

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #166: Sep 11, 2014 06:47:41 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #167: Sep 11, 2014 08:55:07 pm
      Time to step up on Saturday if he gets the nod ahead of Lambert.

Or together :)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #168: Sep 11, 2014 09:10:37 pm
      Pity Studge got injured, Mario looked a few games off match fitness/sharpness against Spuds, ideally could've been doing with a few more with Studge also in the side. So if he starts, its a far chunk of pressure on the lad, leading the line at home after just arriving in the door.
      Still, don't get the impression Mario is shy - and even if not looking 100% sharp, he got into good positions against Spurs and the ability is there.
      So  ... g'luck Mario, we're rootin for ya! :)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #169: Sep 16, 2014 07:27:41 pm
      Just bought a dog - wee west highland terrior / poodle cross (guarantees mental!).

Wee guy insisting on calling him Mario.

He'll come good this 'un.

And the mutt!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #170: Sep 16, 2014 07:30:38 pm
      Going to bang a couple of goals tonight ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #171: Sep 16, 2014 10:18:39 pm
      Absolutely cracking finish and got plenty of praise off Stevie in the post match and rightly so.

When you consider his fitness levels are probably a bit below the main group he's doing very well, well in Mario.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      Reply #172: Sep 16, 2014 10:21:03 pm
      His getting too much stick Imo. People who complain about him coming deep, it's what any striker does when being isolated up top, don't expect Mario to be any different.

Impressed me today, tracked back well and held the ball well and linked up positively with those around him.

Showed great persistence and awareness in his goal, his strength and first touch was great to set him up for that quick instinctive finish.

Here's to many more Mario.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #173: Sep 16, 2014 10:46:11 pm
      Worked his socks off and took his goal really well. You can see with a few more games under his belt he will deliver the goods.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #174: Sep 16, 2014 10:49:03 pm
      Worked hard, with little support and not much space or time.
      Great work to create the space for his goal.

Fantastico.
      Magnifico.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #175: Sep 16, 2014 11:25:22 pm
      Interesting you two lads say he worked hard as I was listening to 5Live on the way home and they were talking about him not working hard.

I think many in the media have made their mind up about Mario and take little notice of what he actually does.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #176: Sep 16, 2014 11:26:08 pm
      Thought Mario took his goal well, showed one or two nice touches, starting to get into his stride. Look forward to a few more goals, in the near future.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      Reply #177: Sep 16, 2014 11:28:22 pm
      Interesting you two lads say he worked hard as I was listening to 5Live on the way home and they were talking about him not working hard.

I think many in the media have made their mind up about Mario and take little notice of what he actually does.

Definitely, Gerrard come out and when asked about how important the goal was for Balotelli said the bigger plus was him working his socks off for us.

And that he did, obviously he didn't go after every ball but he was pressing a lot and even was defending deep when needed, even saw him shout at Borini to press.

Media would probably say his finish was a fluke too.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #178: Sep 16, 2014 11:30:46 pm

Worked his socks off mate, saw him plenty of times tracking runners and when he was the deepest of our attackers he'd take the responsibility of trying to get back in. Including when he lost it of course.

Think his movement is slightly off the pace but so is his fitness, as you say there's a lot of preconceived ideas regarding Mario, for me he's started with a clean slate and done very well so far.

Not to mention they had 3 around him nearly all game and he did some terrific hold up play, stick Studge alongside him and we'll get much more out of him and I'm really looking forward to that partnership slapping in goal after goal and silencing all those critics.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #179: Sep 16, 2014 11:39:49 pm
      Problem is about the media, is they say a leopard never changes it's spots. Now s the time to prove that theory wrong.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #180: Sep 17, 2014 12:24:44 am
      One thing is he never really celebrates his goals but he looked pumped up when he scored today. Great signs.

Took his goal well but I think he was very static when we actually had the ball. Just stayed in the one spot on the line of the defence and never really made any runs behind the lines. Never seen us play more crosses or long balls either, which I hope is not a tactic we will us in the future just because he is big and strong.

Worked his arse off in defence though and his finish was lovely.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #181: Sep 17, 2014 12:28:30 am
      One thing is he never really celebrates his goals but he looked pumped up when he scored today. Great signs.

Doesn't believe in it or something does he? Remember reading he said something about it being his job to score so he doesn't celebrate, like you don't see a postman celebrating when he delivers letters.

He could get more goals if he spent more time in the box rather than lurking outside/on the edge of it because of his strength, not many defenders will be able to get him off the ball.

But then he does have hell of a shot so obviously believes he can score from anywhere.

He's not a Suarez, not by a long shot but he will get us goals and I think he'd be better in general when Sturridge is in the team because it will open up more space for him, as we saw against Spurs.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #182: Sep 17, 2014 11:04:39 am

It's annoying really.
      Had to listen to that auld c**t Mark Lawrenson constantly have a go at him for not being up in the box.
      He wasn't in the box because he was becoming isolated and, out of frustration probably, started to drop deep to get the ball.

Saw a lot of talk about Borini's movement and how it was lacking with just Balotelli.
      This wasn't due to Balotelli. It was because Lallana and Coutinho didn't have good games.
      When they came off for Lucas and Borini we had better movement behind Balotelli,
      and he then didn't have to keep coming deep for the ball.

THAT DOESN'T MEAN BALOTELLI WAS AT FAULT.

Simple fact.
      Lallana and Coutinho were both poor.
      Most of the time attacks broke down it was with them.
      Lallana should have had a goal, which would have been a Balotelli assist.

People complaining about his workrate are still fu**ed off about Suarez leaving.
      Pin the tail on Balotelli because it's easy to do, ignore how the game actually unfolded.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #183: Sep 17, 2014 12:03:23 pm
      It's annoying really.
      Had to listen to that auld c**t Mark Lawrenson constantly have a go at him for not being up in the box.
      He wasn't in the box because he was becoming isolated and, out of frustration probably, started to drop deep to get the ball.

Saw a lot of talk about Borini's movement and how it was lacking with just Balotelli.
      This wasn't due to Balotelli. It was because Lallana and Coutinho didn't have good games.
      When they came off for Lucas and Borini we had better movement behind Balotelli,
      and he then didn't have to keep coming deep for the ball.

THAT DOESN'T MEAN BALOTELLI WAS AT FAULT.

Simple fact.
      Lallana and Coutinho were both poor.
      Most of the time attacks broke down it was with them.
      Lallana should have had a goal, which would have been a Balotelli assist.

People complaining about his workrate are still fu**ed off about Suarez leaving.
      Pin the tail on Balotelli because it's easy to do, ignore how the game actually unfolded.

Yep.

For a person to recover from a bug/illness on Friday, play 60 minutes Saturday and play 90 (and score) on Tuesday takes a massive physical effort.

Quick Reply