Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 224477 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #897: Jan 13, 2015 08:07:25 pm
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #898: Jan 13, 2015 09:40:47 pm
      I see alot of people questioning his attitude on here. Not his biggest fan, but haven't seen anything since he's been at Liverpool to suggest he's being a d!ck.

He's kinda just gotten on with it. If that can continue to happen and the media actually let him be we might see a good player emerge.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #899: Jan 13, 2015 11:16:11 pm
      I see alot of people questioning his attitude on here. Not his biggest fan, but haven't seen anything since he's been at Liverpool to suggest he's being a d!ck.

He's kinda just gotten on with it. If that can continue to happen and the media actually let him be we might see a good player emerge.

1. The media have never let him be so don't expect them to anytime soon 2. The media aren't the reason as to why he has been poor so far.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #900: Jan 14, 2015 05:47:21 pm
      I know it's being said ,but,I really want to see what he's like after a run of games with Danny boy.
      He isn't just sh*t and I'm pretty sure he can adapt .
      Don't get me wrong he can be incredibly frustrating,but,I think there's a bucket load of goals in this boy.
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #901: Jan 14, 2015 09:07:30 pm
      1. The media have never let him be so don't expect them to anytime soon 2. The media aren't the reason as to why he has been poor so far.

Agree the media isn't to blame for his form, although they can cause seeds of doubt in a person's mind. What I meant was that if Mario doesn't give them any ammunition they'll eventually need to move onto to someone else to sell their stories.

Just to clarify, I think we overpaid for him, but I haven't seen anything indicating to me Mario is sulking and as long as he's performing in training we'll hopefully see a few goals
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #902: Jan 14, 2015 09:52:47 pm
      Agree the media isn't to blame for his form, although they can cause seeds of doubt in a person's mind. What I meant was that if Mario doesn't give them any ammunition they'll eventually need to move onto to someone else to sell their stories.

Just to clarify, I think we overpaid for him, but I haven't seen anything indicating to me Mario is sulking and as long as he's performing in training we'll hopefully see a few goals

I actually don't think we overpaid for Balotelli. We paid £16 million for a young international level striker off the back of a good season with club and country who already had PL experience. We all thought that was a potential bargain. It just hasn't worked out, he doesn't have the work ethic and right qualities to fit into Rodgers system. He'll likely be sold in the Summer for less than what we paid and he along with the club will move on. Just hope the club learns from this mistake.
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #903: Jan 15, 2015 03:09:28 am
      It's interesting, alot of people are saying the Assaidi deal was rotten, but we actually doubled our money.

If we sell Balotelli for less than what we paid, then for me, we overpaid, considering the lack of goals, regardless of what we perceived at the time
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #904: Jan 15, 2015 12:58:56 pm
      It's interesting, alot of people are saying the Assaidi deal was rotten, but we actually doubled our money.

If we sell Balotelli for less than what we paid, then for me, we overpaid, considering the lack of goals, regardless of what we perceived at the time

No mate the Chavs overpaid for Torres. We overpaid for Carroll. But £16 million for Balotelli was not overpaying at the point of purchase it was market value. Hindsight is a great thing none of us could have envisaged he would be so bad.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #905: Jan 15, 2015 01:48:13 pm
      Said it before and I'll say it again, I'm reserving all opinions about him until he's played 5 games alongside a fully fit Sturridge.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #906: Jan 15, 2015 02:00:31 pm
      Said it before and I'll say it again, I'm reserving all opinions about him until he's played 5 games alongside a fully fit Sturridge.

Probably not a bad idea.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #907: Jan 15, 2015 02:15:54 pm

Not sure what's more crazy about this the idea that Balotelli can score within 5 league games or that Sturridge can stay injury free for 5 concessive games.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #908: Jan 15, 2015 07:16:59 pm

Well that's completely ridiculous IMO. Basically saying he will only have chance of performing when playing alongside Sturridge. When Sturridge isn't playing he has to be able to step up to the plate and be our main man.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #909: Jan 15, 2015 08:18:16 pm
      Well that's completely ridiculous IMO. Basically saying he will only have chance of performing when playing alongside Sturridge. When Sturridge isn't playing he has to be able to step up to the plate and be our main man.

But he was sooooooo good in that 3 nil win against Spurs where he didn't score and missed two sitters.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #910: Jan 16, 2015 01:10:52 am

But Balotelli leading the line at Rodgers' Liverpool doesn't work, Carroll leading doesn't work, the likes of Suarez or Sturridge works. Balo never really plays the main man, I guess he was at Milan a bit, but that's a different team, league and story.

I think he'll be best for us as a sub because he just doesn't play the kind of game Rodgers needs ie. hard work and constant movement to keep the teams shape for every minute you're on the pitch. He's a luxury player and always has been - always best drifting from out wide left with plenty of cover so he never had to track back.. He's also hardly had the time starting up front to work himself into some form. Our players haven't really been getting time. That's one of the big problems this season I think.

Feels like we haven't seen him start a game for ages.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #911: Jan 16, 2015 09:18:57 am

Get this guy on the committee!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #912: Jan 16, 2015 04:08:24 pm
      Shame really that Mario has not delivered the goals. He is supposed to be a fully fledged International, I hope he does not turn out to be a flop like the media are trying to make out. Do hope he proves them wrong in the second half of the season.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #913: Jan 17, 2015 12:53:13 pm
      I think we should keep him. There's no doubt there is talent there and its going to be a test of Brendan's coaching skills to get that out. So far, Brendan has had a canny knack of changing things around to get the best out of players, like the formation change to the diamond to get Danny and Luis to play together and I cant see why he cant do that again when Danny comes back.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #914: Jan 17, 2015 01:45:09 pm
      Balotelli has 4 months to save his LFC career or face being sent back to a club in his native Italy:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-flop-mario-balotelli-four-4991591

The player has told BR that he wants to remain at Anfield

.http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/16/mario-balotelli-brendan-rodgers-liverpool
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #916: Jan 23, 2015 12:25:58 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #917: Jan 23, 2015 01:19:43 pm
      Cant help but feel theres a big goal to come from him this season, big as in a hugely important one
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #918: Jan 23, 2015 02:43:12 pm
      Cant help but feel theres a big goal to come from him this season, big as in a hugely important one

Europa league final? You heard it here first.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #919: Jan 23, 2015 03:23:05 pm
      One thing whic is certian is that he can't play as a lone striker but I'd be very interested to see him paired with a fully fit Sturridge, if he is still crap then then we have to concede defeat on him and admit it just hasn't worked out. He is still amuch better striker than Borini and Lambert though

Quick Reply