Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220347 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #2093: Aug 01, 2016 04:55:42 pm
      I agree, we all have our vices and no one is perfect, but they are well paid professional athletes playing at the highest level and are role models. Also, If they were serious and wanted to try to reach the pinnacle, they should cut them out and be more discipline imo. Djokovic is a good example btw.

Ask yourselves this, if you got paid millions in wages to do something you love, but also asked to stay healthy and sensible, would you cut out your bad habits? I certainly would.

I'd give up just about anything if someone was paying me millions.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2094: Aug 01, 2016 05:25:06 pm
      If he was banging 20 goals a season, no-one would give a flying F**k he smokes.

But when you are constantly letting down the fans, at least show some fight and desire to improve your behaviour and not waste the talent you have been gifted with. The fact that he just doesn't give a damn is really infuriating, either he is brainless or he is surrounded by pricks who only enjoy being around him. It's clear he doesn't have a person to look out for him, and probably never had.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #2095: Aug 01, 2016 09:16:34 pm
      Reality is most of us on here would pay to be given a game for Liverpool...
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2096: Aug 02, 2016 09:51:44 am
      Couldn't give a sh*t if he smokes to be honest. It doesn't really affect performances, he'll be sh*t either way. Zidane smoked and he did alright.

All this role model thing is bollocks, footballers are shocking role models. And if I had their money I'd make sure I was a shocking role model too!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,916 posts | 1475 
      Reply #2097: Aug 02, 2016 10:27:03 am
      He got here earning shitloads as a footballer because of who he was. Football probably changed him. Looks like he's fallen in love with lifestyle and lost passion for the game.

Behaving more like a retired who already struck it rich (early in life) to me...
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: Mario Balotelli > Nice
      Reply #2098: Aug 31, 2016 09:02:55 pm
      This signing went beyond our worst nightmares.

We knew he was a handful - but at least we were under the impression that he was a talented one, we just didn't know it would be this bad.

The fact that he replaced Suarez gives this one an extra sting - one of the worst signings we've ever made. Hopefully we can move on from this sorry saga and hope it never happens again.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2099: Aug 31, 2016 09:47:30 pm

We knew he was a handful - but at least we were under the impression that he was a talented one, we just didn't know it would be this bad.

The fact that he replaced Suarez gives this one an extra sting - one of the worst signings we've ever made. Hopefully we can move on from this sorry saga and hope it never happens again.

Balotelli turned out so bad for us, an old-ass Eto'o would've actually been a better option. :shudders:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2100: Aug 31, 2016 09:51:06 pm
      We actually had to give him away! That speaks volumes about his Liverpool carer.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,339 posts | 1620 
      Reply #2101: Aug 31, 2016 10:22:37 pm
      I've seen woodworm easier to get rid of thank fck he is now someone else's problem ,nice to now we're not the only suckers out there .
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2102: Aug 31, 2016 10:26:21 pm
      Bye bye Mario
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2103: Aug 31, 2016 11:55:47 pm

The lad has no brain. And disrupts the rest. An absolute stinker of a signing. Money well and truly down the pan. God help Nice.

Still, maybe he'll shine for them :)
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #2104: Sep 01, 2016 02:17:45 am
      The day is finally here. Thank you Nice (feel sorry for the suckers). Good F***ing riddance. The stain that is speaking of Mario Balotelli and Liverpool Football Club in the same sentence can now begin to wash away. The F***ing ignominy and embarrassment  :mad:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2105: Sep 01, 2016 03:02:12 am
      He's finally gone, nice one!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2106: Sep 01, 2016 03:33:09 am
      Let's not feel too sorry for them. Their club managed to turn Ben Arfa in to one of the best attackers in their league. Hopefully they can do the same with Mario for both their sake.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,669 posts | 6684 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2107: Sep 01, 2016 08:32:45 am
      16 million pounds down the drain.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2108: Sep 01, 2016 08:47:07 am
      I know who sung his praise, when they done it and how often they did it but it's not as if they weren't F***ing told.

'We' started of with but couldn't sign Sanchez, from the club who we were giving Luis to, moved on to activate a £12m release clause on Remy and left the manager with the choice between a 100 year old E'to and this F***ing goat. The fuckers responsible for that should have been sacked but the truth is; they are still here... only the fall guy went. ;)
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #2109: Sep 01, 2016 08:47:55 am
      Thank God!
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2110: Sep 01, 2016 10:29:19 am
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: :clap: :clap: :action-smiley-031:
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #2111: Sep 01, 2016 10:30:22 am
      A lot of comments here saying Mario was an embaressment to Liverpool Football Club, I myself don't think gambling £16M (in todays market thats not an awful lot) on a player that had bags of potential at the time is embaressing, he never really did anything to tarnish our wonderful clubs name like he had done at other clubs.

People don't see Iago Aspas as an embaressment to the club and he made about the same sort of impact as Mario.

Still though, glad his wages are off our books and we can use them to more worthwhile players :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8510 
      Reply #2112: Sep 01, 2016 11:06:48 am
      A lot of comments here saying Mario was an embaressment to Liverpool Football Club, I myself don't think gambling £16M (in todays market thats not an awful lot) on a player that had bags of potential at the time is embaressing, he never really did anything to tarnish our wonderful clubs name like he had done at other clubs.

People don't see Iago Aspas as an embaressment to the club and he made about the same sort of impact as Mario.

Still though, glad his wages are off our books and we can use them to more worthwhile players :)

Wish someone would explain to me more this bags of potential, I've never seen it. He's an embarrassment for his bellend behaviour in training basically acting the tw*t. When he got binned off on loan after his first season there were a few stories that came out such as him playing in a training match at Melwood and turning round and volleying in an own goal, F***ing around with Jose Enrique, inviting in his gopher friends when Rodgers had told him they were banned from Melwood.

Don't remember Aspas ever behaving like that!! Plus I've never got the hype of Ballotelli, in my view he's one overhyped c**t.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #2113: Sep 01, 2016 12:11:30 pm

People don't see Iago Aspas as an embaressment to the club

I don't know what "people" you are referring to but I'm not in that group.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2114: Sep 01, 2016 12:17:26 pm

He was an embarrassment to the club, he's been an embarrassment to every club he's been at. Dicking about, not taking games seriously. Just the fact he refused to move on the pitch and take 300 shots from 50 yards out makes him an embarrassment.

Aspas was an embarrassment too, absolutely sh*te player who shouldn't of been anywhere near a Liverpool shirt.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2115: Sep 01, 2016 01:21:05 pm
      Don't often say this about LFc players old and new, but Good riddance to mad Wario.

We gave him his last chance as far I'm concerned and he predictably blew it.

Quick Reply