Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC's Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      1 (0.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      12 (10.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      5 (4.4%)
      Martin Skrtel
      3 (2.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      9 (8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (5.3%)
      Joe Allen
      23 (20.4%)
      Raheem Sterling
      22 (19.5%)
      Phillipe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      4 (3.5%)
      Lazar Markovic
      15 (13.3%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.9%)
      Rickie Lambert
      12 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: Aug 30, 2014 10:33:56 pm

Man City 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debates

Read 39754 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Re: LIVE: Manchester City VS Liverpool KO 20:00
      Reply #552: Aug 25, 2014 10:00:04 pm
      I apologise for my comment about Johnson earlier, nobody should wish injury on any Liverpool player, it is just rash and to be expected as we are not used to losing these days. Our frustration should be directed at the fact the manager continuously picks him, regardless of how sh*te he plays.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #553: Aug 25, 2014 10:00:35 pm
      Toothless offensively and awful defensively sums up the game to me.

Only players who impressed me were Allen, Markvoic and Lambert. Played well for 35 minutes but after that City ran the show and we couldn't get a look in.

I thought Sterling was outstanding early but faded second half. I don't think Daniel is a natural lone striker.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #554: Aug 25, 2014 10:00:43 pm
      Yep, lot of tw*t posts in this thread from the moment we went behind. And some of the comments regarding Johnson when he got injured were shocking. He might be gash but you don't talk about our players like that, call yourself Reds? A few of you are a disgrace
      Agree completely.

Thought Johnson had an OK game today: put in some decent blocks and could have had an assist at 1-0 had Sturridge timed his run better.

Embarrassing really some of the stuff that gets said about him on here.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #555: Aug 25, 2014 10:00:48 pm
      Markovic is going to be F***ing immense!!

Coutinho plays like sh*te away from home again, dunno what the F**k that is all about.

Moreno had a bit of a nightmare debut, shame for the lad, plenty of promise though and think with Markovic ahead of him we'll get so much joy this season.

We lost the battle in midfield though, Hendo and Allen really didn't offer anything in an offensive sense far too lateral with those lads and you can put all the industry in you want to win the ball back but you've got to actually score a goal. To be fair to Hendo he made a couple of decent runs but need more from someone in there.

Johnson, highlight of the game him getting injured, thank F**k for that!

Lovren and Skrtel looked decent enough.

Migs had a shocker, could have done better with the first and the third, the third was embarrassing goal-keeping.

Need to get our season started against Spurs, that's no easy task next week.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #556: Aug 25, 2014 10:01:46 pm

Agreed mate.

They are stable team and played very good. We need time, anyway the boys were tried their best, good effort lads.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #557: Aug 25, 2014 10:01:51 pm
      Defense is a huge problem...anyone think we need someone more mobile than stevie in the DM position to link the midfield with the defense?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #558: Aug 25, 2014 10:01:58 pm
      Never really got going, which was disappointing.
      First goal, mistake - let them in just before half time, conceded at a bad time. Uphill from there.
      3-0 and it was going to be tough from there.
      Markovic and Can were completely anonymous when they came on, I expected more from them. Can with that dive was F***ing embarrassing.
      Lambert had that chance to make it 3-2, but his finish/pass/nothing at all, summed up the night.
      Gotta be a chump to say you don't miss Luis on a night like that.

Very early days, so not gonna get all hot and bothered about the defeat. But we'll need a lot more input from the new boys (though thought Lovren did well enough)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #559: Aug 25, 2014 10:02:50 pm
      In those games the small moments shape the result. One moment of indecision and a touch of class settled it for them.

City have bought well, and they seem to have that winning mentality that was sadly missing in Ricky Lambert when it fell at his feet at 3-1.

Needed to release his inner chimpanzee or whatever it is.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #560: Aug 25, 2014 10:03:07 pm
      I apologise for my comment about Johnson earlier, nobody should wish injury on any Liverpool player, it is just rash and to be expected as we are not used to losing these days. Our frustration should be directed at the fact the manager continuously picks him, regardless of how sh*te he plays.

I'm going to apologise as well. It was a joke, but if got someone piss**d, I apologise. I  don't wish that he get injured, but I do hope for him to go to the bench.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #561: Aug 25, 2014 10:03:12 pm
      So you don't think Johnson should be dropped?

He has been Brendan's first choice whilst fit what do you think he will do .But if he plays I will not spend 90 minutes mocking him and giving the lad stick its F***ing disgraceful
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #562: Aug 25, 2014 10:03:16 pm
      Yep, lot of tw*t posts in this thread from the moment we went behind. And some of the comments regarding Johnson when he got injured were shocking. He might be gash but you don't talk about our players like that, call yourself Reds? A few of you are a disgrace
      Just to put you right, if the above was aimed at me, my comments were not reserved for Johnson when we went behind, I've been concerned and stating my disapproval since early last season. Apart from the three matches he played after coming back from injury, he was utterly woeful. His lack of effort alone, amazes me that he still wears a red shirt.
      And yes, I do consider myself a reds fan.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #563: Aug 25, 2014 10:03:23 pm
      Tough night for us. Up against it from the moment it looked like we weren't going to create much as there was no way our defence was keeping that City attack quiet. Difference was the defence in fact, ours crumbled under about 10 minutes of pressure whilst City's stood firm whenever we engineered some space in and around their box.

Individually, Gerrard was the only stand out for me. Really solid defensively and covered both sides well. Markovic looked bright from the bench (especially when it was only 2-0) but we didn't get it to him enough.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #564: Aug 25, 2014 10:03:51 pm
      Toothless offensively and awful defensively sums up the game to me.

Only players who impressed me were Allen, Markvoic and Lambert. Played well for 35 minutes but after that City ran the show and we couldn't get a look in.

I thought Allen was bang average, I would have taken him off before Coutinho given the chance. Markovic gave us a glimpse of what he can do and Lambert scored... or did he?
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #565: Aug 25, 2014 10:03:59 pm
      Never really got going, which was disappointing.
      First goal, mistake - let them in just before half time, conceded at a bad time. Uphill from there.
      3-0 and it was going to be tough from there.
      Markovic and Can were completely anonymous when they came on, I expected more from them. Can with that dive was f**king embarrassing.
      Lambert had that chance to make it 3-2, but his finish/pass/nothing at all, summed up the night.
      Gotta be a chump to say you don't miss Luis on a night like that.

Very early days, so not gonna get all hot and bothered about the defeat. But we'll need a lot more input from the new boys (though thought Lovren did well enough)

Markovic was anonymous?

I must have been watching a different game.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #566: Aug 25, 2014 10:04:04 pm
      Coutinho is probably better in CM or CAM, out wide as part of a 4-3-3 is not great for him. Marcovic was good. Is the post match interview available anywhere? I ragequit my stream...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #567: Aug 25, 2014 10:04:19 pm

Johnson, highlight of the game him getting injured, thank f**k for that!

Don't want to see him injured as we need the cover but that's all he should be if were not selling him in the next seven days, cover for Manquillo and Flanno.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #568: Aug 25, 2014 10:04:25 pm
      They killed us with every real chance they had. We had a few, but we missed. Can't be that way and we need to be as clinical as we can.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #569: Aug 25, 2014 10:04:58 pm
      What just happened there? We weren't that bad where we? Jesus. I thought we were ok. Think Im a bit stunned at 3-1

Look I said this was a game you could tick off as a potential loss. Its not the end of the world. Moreno was cack for the first but looks to have bags of potential. Markovic looked good when he came in. Well be ok this season no doubt about it. Champions? Big ask but well be ok. Sturridge was left alone to long tonight. Balotelli will now become a vital cog for us

Finally though Id class myself as pro Mignolet thought he could have saved the first and 3rd. Harsh?

Roll on Sunday and we regroup   
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,133 posts | 127 
      Reply #570: Aug 25, 2014 10:05:07 pm

because of the words 'sing a sad song and make it better'.  Mind games.
      Second game of the the season, so dont push the panic button yet.   8)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #571: Aug 25, 2014 10:05:08 pm
      Moreno looks a cracking player despite the first goal. Him and Markovic on the left are gonna cause nightmares for the opposition.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #572: Aug 25, 2014 10:05:11 pm
      Markovic was anonymous?

I must have been watching a different game.

He clearly didn't watch the game.
      AJ-LFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #573: Aug 25, 2014 10:05:13 pm
      Its a similar start to last season and we moved on from it, yes we unconvincingly beat Southampton who have been drastically weakened. Sometimes buying in players to strengthen the squad also takes some settling in time. I'am unsure where all these players are going to fit into to what system BR has in mind to be honest but am sure we will find a balance, let's just hope we don't slip to far in the meantime. On tonight's performance we are not a force in the Premiership, in Europe?

We are all entitled to our opinions, that is what a forum is about. I agree with all regards GJ and SM, these players are not Liverpool first team players.

We will improve once we find a settled formation.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #574: Aug 25, 2014 10:05:19 pm
      Just to put you right, if the above was aimed at me, my comments were not reserved for Johnson when we went behind, I've been concerned and stating my disapproval since early last season. Apart from the three matches he played after coming back from injury, he was utterly woeful. His lack of effort alone, amazes me that he still wears a red shirt.
      And yes, I do consider myself a reds fan.

what is it the Brendan sees for two seasons that you don't see?.Because Brendan picks him week in week out.

Quick Reply