Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Warrior

Read 31139 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Warrior
      Reply #253: Aug 20, 2014 10:52:46 pm
      We don't want New Balance, they are a running apparel and show company. We need to pimp ourselves out to a proper sportswear company like Nike and see how big of a deal they will give us.

Would venture a guess that NB will be staying out of footie gear going forward perhaps...this is just to honor the contract and then we will see who the next highest bidder will be.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #254: Aug 20, 2014 11:46:43 pm
      Warrior's designs remind me too much of a generic kit that can be bought by a sunday league club direct from a catalogue.
      The home kit looks pretty cheap, the away one is a nice return to the great yellow and the 3rd kit is a bit too much like a casual sports fan t-shirt.
      Hope for better next season.
      On the whole, i think most of the team kits in the perm are a bit sh*t.
      I just wish we would return to a style and colors based upon the early 80's.
      Red for home, yellow for away and white shirt and black shorts for the 3rd strip.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #255: Aug 21, 2014 12:50:22 am
      Would venture a guess that NB will be staying out of footie gear going forward perhaps...this is just to honor the contract and then we will see who the next highest bidder will be.

We're only half way through a six year deal though!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #256: Aug 21, 2014 11:20:52 pm
      Warrior's designs remind me too much of a generic kit that can be bought by a sunday league club direct from a catalogue.
      The home kit looks pretty cheap, the away one is a nice return to the great yellow and the 3rd kit is a bit too much like a casual sports fan t-shirt.
      Hope for better next season.
      On the whole, i think most of the team kits in the perm are a bit sh*t.
      I just wish we would return to a style and colors based upon the early 80's.
      Red for home, yellow for away and white shirt and black shorts for the 3rd strip.

To be fair looking back the last two home kits have been pretty top notch, I'll go as far as saying last seasons was the best for some time.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #257: Aug 25, 2014 07:13:34 am
      I'll go as far as saying last seasons was the best for some time.

Agree with that Huyton but don't like this seasons much and the away's have mostly been sh*te.

Noticed yesterday they are doing Stoke's kits too.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #258: Aug 25, 2014 08:01:47 am
      First two home kits have been alright from a design point of view.
      The quality of all the kit has been well below what Adidas did.

Best thing from Warrior has been the simplification of the crest on the jersey.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #259: Aug 25, 2014 02:57:02 pm
      Best thing from Warrior has been the simplification of the crest on the jersey.

Yep.

I also agree on the design of the first two home kits and the first in particular has been one of our very best in my opinion.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #260: Aug 25, 2014 06:58:53 pm
      Yep.

I also agree on the design of the first two home kits and the first in particular has been one of our very best in my opinion.

Agree 100% on that - the little 'un had the long sleeved version and it was top notch.

Regardless of design physical quality has gone down year on year in my experience.
      LFC Dynamo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #261: Aug 26, 2014 08:53:33 pm
      That Nike kit would look really nice. Our home is awful this season but last season's was brilliant and the 12/13 was good.

I do like Under Armour's kits for Spurs, and they will be good quality. Umbro are sometimes good and sometimes bad, there Everton home looks decent tbf. Can't see Adidas signing up with us as they are with Man United now. Then there's Puma's kits which are a bit hit & miss, but there range this season looks pretty good (e.g. Arsenal and Borrusia Dortmund).

Any of those 4 would be decent, don't think Umbro could afford it and Puma maybe a bit unwilling. Also can't see Under Armour having 2 big contracts.

Can honestly see Nike coming in with a big contract as they don't have any big English contracts now there Man United deal will run out and Arsenal are with Puma.

I really hope they do in 3 years time anyway...  :-[
      LFC Dynamo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #262: Aug 26, 2014 08:56:20 pm
      I think with the away there has to be different colour shorts, it looks horrible in all yellow. Don't know what colour, maybe dark blue.

The third is the best of the lot imo, could have been better if they put the red in a better place.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #263: Aug 26, 2014 09:46:12 pm
      That Nike kit would look really nice. Our home is awful this season but last season's was brilliant and the 12/13 was good.

I do like Under Armour's kits for Spurs, and they will be good quality. Umbro are sometimes good and sometimes bad, there Everton home looks decent tbf. Can't see Adidas signing up with us as they are with Man United now. Then there's Puma's kits which are a bit hit & miss, but there range this season looks pretty good (e.g. Arsenal and Borrusia Dortmund).

Any of those 4 would be decent, don't think Umbro could afford it and Puma maybe a bit unwilling. Also can't see Under Armour having 2 big contracts.

Can honestly see Nike coming in with a big contract as they don't have any big English contracts now there Man United deal will run out and Arsenal are with Puma.

I really hope they do in 3 years time anyway...  :-[

Erm, didn't you watch the game last night and maybe notice the shirts Citeh were wearing? :f_tongueincheek:
      LFC Dynamo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #264: Aug 28, 2014 09:20:14 pm
      Erm, didn't you watch the game last night and maybe notice the shirts Citeh were wearing? :f_tongueincheek:
      They're a big team, but they don't have as many fans as Arsenal and Man Utd do, no where near.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #265: Aug 29, 2014 06:56:59 pm
      Now you come to mention it.....

VERSUS

:confused-smiley-013:

Sorry exiled, but that Nike shirt is to Manc'ish.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #266: Aug 29, 2014 07:39:03 pm
      Sorry exiled, but that Nike shirt is to Manc'ish.

Each to their own Gaz, personally I like some of it. Bear it in mind. ;)
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #267: Aug 29, 2014 07:55:34 pm
      Warrior haven't impressed me. Some of their training gear has been awful amateurish. This season's training gear is decent but the home and away jerseys lack a bit of class. 

Our jerseys don't look great anyway since we got Standard Chartered across the front. Too many letters to fit in and I don't like the font they use. Even our last Adidas kit with Standard Chartered across the front looked awful.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #268: Sep 04, 2014 11:00:43 am
      Up until this season I've only bought one training top, nothing else.
      Every time I saw a kit I like it's quality was poor up close.

Last season's home being a perfect example.
      Great from a distance. Stitching pulling through up close.
      This seasons 3rd kit is the same. I like it but it has the same thin front
      panel, which is too light for the stitching.

I have however bought the yellow kit for myself and my kid.
      I've also bought the black training top for him and a black polo for me.
      They are both quality. I love the silver on black.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #269: Sep 04, 2014 11:19:30 am
      Up until this season I've only bought one training top, nothing else.
      Every time I saw a kit I like it's quality was poor up close.

Last season's home being a perfect example.
      Great from a distance. Stitching pulling through up close.
      This seasons 3rd kit is the same. I like it but it has the same thin front
      panel, which is too light for the stitching.

I have however bought the yellow kit for myself and my kid.
      I've also bought the black training top for him and a black polo for me.
      They are both quality. I love the silver on black.
      Got the polo as well mate. Never really get anything other than the strips but I just loved the look of this and it didn't disappoint when it arrived.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #270: Sep 04, 2014 11:25:01 am
      Got the polo as well mate. Never really get anything other than the strips but I just loved the look of this and it didn't disappoint when it arrived.

I tried on the training top.
      It was nice, but the big Warrior logo on the back and the grey panel make it a bit messy.
      The polo is tidy.

Some weird sizing going on with the training.
      I fit into a Small and the Medium.
      Polo Medium was a better fit than the training top.

Quick Reply