Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. man of the Match:

22 Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      19 Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      18 Moreno
      57 (36.5%)
      08 Gerrard
      1 (0.6%)
      06 Lovren
      1 (0.6%)
      17 Sakho
      0 (0%)
      14 Henderson
      24 (15.4%)
      31 Sterling*
      69 (44.2%)
      45 Balotelli**
      0 (0%)
      15 Sturridge
      2 (1.3%)
      24 Allen***
      1 (0.6%)
      23 Can - 61'***
      0 (0%)
      50 Markovic - 61' **
      0 (0%)
      03 Jose Enrique - 86'*
      1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Tottenham 0:3 Liverpool, In Game and post match happiness.

Read 25614 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Tottenham 0:3 Liverpool, In Game and post match happiness.
      Reply #368: Aug 31, 2014 06:23:31 pm
      And to add to great performance  and a wonderful win, the arse drew to leicester , with Sanchez looking frustrated, think he regrets his choice haha
        Love it when Wengie is nervous

Off  for a beer, or 2 or maybe more with the great win in mind

YNWA
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #369: Aug 31, 2014 06:28:57 pm
      A great team performance and a fantastic result.
      However I have to add that we are so lucky to have Raheem Sterling who just gets better and better. He's an unbelievable talent and will be our next world class star for years to come.
      He's got the lot so hopefully he keeps his head straight and keeps progressing.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #370: Aug 31, 2014 06:29:21 pm
      And to add to great performance  and a wonderful win, the arse drew to leicester , with Sanchez looking frustrated, think he regrets his choice haha
        Love it when Wengie is nervous

Off  for a beer, or 2 or maybe more with the great win in mind

YNWA

Yup, Sanchez would have shined here. Too many players giving us the cold shoulder. Now that we are in Europe, it is time to showcase our talent.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #371: Aug 31, 2014 06:31:54 pm
      Great, great win today! Yep, 3-0 is a big scoreline and while we hammered Spurs last year, make no mistake: This is a much improved Tottenham side under Pochettino. They'll be in the thick of the battle for a CL place.

Overall, I thought our performance was outstanding. The key to the game, for me, was midfield, and our four were constantly winning the battle versus their five. It was high press vs high press, and we did a much better job at it then they and got all three points, deservedly so. My only disappointment in midfield was Gerrard's passing. Felt like he had a lot of giveaways.

I said before the game I wanted to see Sakho/Lovren. Now, I'm not so sure that's the best option for us. They're both a bit too similar, very aggressive CBs, and on a different day we'd have gotten burned. It's a tough one. The full backs were great, though, even better considering how young both Moreno and Manquillo still are.

Going forward: I think playing with 2 strikers is the way to go. The skinny diamond in midfield seems what the team is most comfortable with as well. Just so happy we win. Great bounce-back from the City game.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #372: Aug 31, 2014 06:32:10 pm
      Yup, Sanchez would have shined here. Too many players giving us the cold shoulder. Now that we are in Europe, it is time to showcase our talent.

Don't get me wrong Sanchez is a talent, but who even knows if he is going to be the same Sanchez of Barca or even Udinese. He hasn't really shown too many signs of it yet. I am more than happy with signing Markovic who to me looks like he is going to be a world beater in years to come, his pace is immense and looks so slick on the ball.

Won't catch me thinking oh what could of been, in regards to Sanchez.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #373: Aug 31, 2014 06:35:24 pm
      Don't get me wrong Sanchez is a talent, but who even knows if he is going to be the same Sanchez of Barca or even Udinese. He hasn't really shown too many signs of it yet. I am more than happy with signing Markovic who to me looks like he is going to be a world beater in years to come, his pace is immense and looks so slick on the ball.

Won't catch me thinking oh what could of been, in regards to Sanchez.

2 goals in 4 games.

He pretty much single qualified them for the CL which effectively paid for his transfer fee.

Without Sanchez, Arsenal would be doing a lot worse. Done a lot better than some are crediting him. Ozil is the big flop.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #374: Aug 31, 2014 06:38:25 pm
      2 goals in 4 games.

He pretty much single qualified them for the CL which effectively paid for his transfer fee.

Without Sanchez, Arsenal would be doing a lot worse. Done a lot better than some are crediting him. Ozil is the big flop.

Fair enough, i just don't think we have missed out as much as people first thought. The depth in our squad is exciting, like for like Markovic looks like a brilliant buy for the future but more so he seems ready now at the same time.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #375: Aug 31, 2014 06:38:44 pm
      I think in the first half where Adebayor had the 1V1 against the keeper when he went for the chip and failed. I thought Mignolet should have got the ball before Adebayor ever got there.

However overall I thought he was solid.

No chance, poor defending though.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #376: Aug 31, 2014 06:43:40 pm
      Have just clicked on to Moreno's goal for the Reds, Honestly think any striker including Suarez would be proud of that goal.

It reminded me so much of the Suarez goal against Spurs at Anfield last season.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #377: Aug 31, 2014 06:48:52 pm
      Mignolet - 26
      Manquillo - 20
      Lovren - 25
      Sakho - 24
      Moreno - 22
      Gerrard - 34
      Allen - 24
      Henderson - 24
      Sterling - 19
      Balotelli - 24
      Sturridge - 25

Avg age: 24.27
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #378: Aug 31, 2014 07:01:25 pm
      Great way to bounce back after monday nights disappointment , thought we dominated Tottenham more or less the same way we did last year.
      we limited their attacking options so well and when we pressed them we we're the ones who looked like scoring..

It was great to see some quality come off the bench when we needed it and I thought understanding amongst the lads was excellent..

My only beef, if I have one, is whether Sahko & Lovren is the right partnership.. I know we have to rotate the squad even more so this year but they both need to work on their positional play alongside each other.. a couple of misunderstandings today which could of been punished had we been up against a more capable side...

All in all i'm f**king delighted...A couple of large ones tonight me thinks to celebrate :food-smiley-005:

Bloody England match next !!... so annoying !!! :f_steam:

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #379: Aug 31, 2014 07:06:26 pm
      mp..
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #380: Aug 31, 2014 07:11:14 pm
      Superb performance,  we need to decide on our CB partnership  &  not chop & change (injuries permitting),  not sure BR knows for sure  (Skrtel/Lovren for me)..Moreno  was immense even without goal of the season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #381: Aug 31, 2014 07:14:28 pm
      Great way to bounce back after monday nights disappointment , thought we dominated Tottenham more or less the same way we did last year.
      we limited their attacking options so well and when we pressed them we we're the ones who looked like scoring..

It was great to see some quality come off the bench when we needed it and I thought understanding amongst the lads was excellent..

My only beef, if I have one, is whether Sahko & Lovren is the right partnership.. I know we have to rotate the squad even more so this year but they both need to work on their positional play alongside each other.. a couple of misunderstandings today which could of been punished had we been up against a more capable side...

All in all i'm f**king delighted...A couple of large ones tonight me thinks to celebrate :food-smiley-005:

Last season the international break threw us off badly.

Before international break

Liverpool 1-0 Man Utd   

After international break

Swansea 2-2 Liverpool
      Liverpoo 0-1 Southampton
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #382: Aug 31, 2014 07:23:36 pm
      Last season the international break threw us off badly.

Before international break

Liverpool 1-0 Man Utd   

After international break

Swansea 2-2 Liverpool
      Liverpoo 0-1 Southampton

There you go mate !!... Pointless bloody international friendlies at this stage of the season just completely disrupts the balance and with 4 of our top players featuring for the England game I always fear they may get an injury which could potentially ruin our current form..

I wouldn't mind but England had the shittest World cup campaign ever less than 3 months ago, whats the f**king point in playing an even more sh*t team like Norway ??

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #383: Aug 31, 2014 07:24:47 pm
      Mignolet - 26
      Manquillo - 20
      Lovren - 25
      Sakho - 24
      Moreno - 22
      Gerrard - 34
      Allen - 24
      Henderson - 24
      Sterling - 19
      Balotelli - 24
      Sturridge - 25

Avg age: 24.27

That's incredible to see really, when you think that is one of our strongest XI, they'll develop so well together! Exciting times!

Subs:

Can - 20
      Markovic - 20
      Jose Enrique - 28

Brings that average to 23.93.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #384: Aug 31, 2014 07:27:55 pm
      There you go mate !!... Pointless bloody international friendlies at this stage of the season just completely disrupts the balance and with 4 of our top players featuring for the England game I always fear they may get an injury which could potentially ruin our current form..

I wouldn't mind but England had the shittest World cup campaign ever less than 3 months ago, whats the f**king point in playing an even more sh*t team like Norway ??

Hopefully the likes of Collback and Delph start and the Liverpool lads make little cameos .

No harm in Lambert getting some game time though.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #385: Aug 31, 2014 07:41:24 pm
      Looks like Sanchez's decision to choose Arsenal because 'London is better' looks idiotic.

If your priorities are the city you are living in rather than the club, then its a good idea we didn't get him because obviously his priorities are fu**ed. Besides, London's overrated.

As Alan Partridge once said about London: 'Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an ungrateful bunch of bas**rds.'
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #386: Aug 31, 2014 07:45:08 pm

Put it this way, we wouldn't want to go into an international break with a poor result hanging over our heads.

Besides, when we came back from the break against Swansea last year, we handed a debut to Victor Moses.

We're just that little bit better now with the squad depth.  ;)
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #387: Aug 31, 2014 07:55:50 pm
      We didnt need Sanchez anyway ... Markovic will be better than him in time, i think the future looks great for our club, we will be fighting for the title this season, Chelsea looks the most dangerous opponent, Arsenal looks weaker than last year.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #388: Aug 31, 2014 07:57:14 pm
      Thoughts:

We ended up being comfortable winners, but the margin between that and what happened at Man City is tiny. Adebayor should have scored when one on one but didn't, on such incidents games swing.

Moreno looks like a real find. He's lightening quick, looks a real competitor and has a great engine. My one reservation is that he can occasionally be a bit rash in the tackle when people run at him.

Lovren is the best centre half we've had for many a year. Like Moreno I was unsure about his signing, but also like the fullback he was a shrewd addition.

Sakho is an accident waiting to happen when on the ball, but is a committed, astute and powerful defender. We should minimise the times when we give it to him as much as we can and let him concentrate on what he's good at.

Manquillo is a tidy right back. Nowhere near so dynamic as Moreno, but a good defender who won't let anyone down.

The midfield worked well as a unit and Gerrard's defensive duties were performed much better. Unfortunately his passing wasn't up to its usual standard, but thankfully the other three were very good. Henderson was excellent, but Sterling in particular shone like a beacon, he really is turning into a very special player.

Sturridge and Balotelli looked like they might make a pairing. The Italian was very good but should have socred at least once, he'll improve. His attitude looked good too and he worked hard. That said, I did get the impression the mist was beginning to decend a bit before he was given the tug, and Brendan is going to need to get inside his head still further. It all seemed to stem from him feeling he didn't get the decision when challenged strongly in the air. He's going to need to get used to referees making mistakes, particularly when he plays for Liverpool. It was a good time to fetch him off.

Markovic was nowhere near so effective on the right as he was on the left in the previous match.

Can looks decent, but I've a hunch he is as unsure as I am about what type of midfield player he actually wants to be.

In the league so far, I think we've had the equal best start of all the teams who would expect to finish in the top six or seven. Us and Chelsea lead the way IMHO, Man City closely follow (although they lost their easiest game) while I think Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd have had significantly easier games than us. Everton have had a tricky start the same as us, but are a long way off. If you'd offered me this league table after three matches before the season started, I'd have bitten your hand off.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #389: Aug 31, 2014 08:02:30 pm
      Still got a buzz on from this afternoon. Great performance.

Like last season against Spurs, I had a lot of questions about us prior to the game and again we managed to answer them with some great football, a clean sheet and a great result.

I thought our midfield did great. We were outnumbered in midfield and yet we played through them with fast passes and made it look easy. Sterling and Henderson especially were terrific. 

Balotelli impressed me with his hold up play and once he is match fit I think we will see a few goals to go with a good performance.

Defensively Sakho gave me a few early nightmares, but he settled down and while I am still not his greatest fan did well enough.

Moreno ... what a great first goal for the club. He took off like the road runner before firing his shot "Owenesque" into the corner of the net.   

Absolutely delighted with the performance and the result.

The only downside was Sturridge. I thought he was lazy and he hasn't quite found his form yet. But it will come I am sure. 

A quick mention for Allen too who I thought was excellent today. 
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #390: Aug 31, 2014 08:05:23 pm
      Hopefully the likes of Collback and Delph start and the Liverpool lads make little cameos .

No harm in Lambert getting some game time though.

Yea I suppose so.....

Quick Reply