Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Wilfried Bony (Swansea City)

Read 11993 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Re: Wilfried Bony (Swansea City)
      Reply #69: Jan 07, 2015 09:06:00 am
      you really think so?

I'd rather have Dzeko here than Bony.

Dzeko is a very inconsistent goal scorer and not the most mobile player. I'd rather have Bony.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,709 posts | 151 
      Reply #70: Jan 07, 2015 09:27:07 am
      They don't give a sh*t about spending £30m cause they got money something we don't have. Bony will suit them more even though I think he's not an upgrade to what they got. They could easily go for lacazette or benteke much better options.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #71: Jan 07, 2015 09:29:30 am
      They don't give a sh*t about spending £30m cause they got money something we don't have. Bony will suit them more even though I think he's not an upgrade to what they got. They could easily go for lacazette or benteke much better options.

Benteke is hugely overrated and not a patch on Bony.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,709 posts | 151 
      Reply #72: Jan 07, 2015 09:37:24 am
      I moaned when we got linked to bony and I'm so glad that he's going to city, imagine the meltdown here if we were willing to spend that amount of money on him. I don't think he's that good for our playstyle, because we don't have creative players and a strong midfield like city does. I think he's gonna do well at City and score some goals there but I'm not gonna cry that we missed him, and let's honest some people were not happy about bony here saying that he's average mid table and they were few comments here and I can say that cause Iwas one of them.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #73: Jan 07, 2015 09:45:47 am
      Good player - hell good enough in the right system that 30 million isn't absurdly overpriced in today's market. But no good at all for us. And I'm not sure that city has the right system for him though. I think they may regret this one.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #74: Jan 07, 2015 09:53:01 am
      Bony is a direct replacement for Negredo. One lump for another.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #75: Jan 07, 2015 09:53:15 am
      With the way the fullbacks bomb on and get to the byeline at City and Silva/Nasri pop up everywhere he's going to get tonnes of chances there and no doubt he's going to bag plenty of goals for them. They are getting more than 20m in the summer for Negredo so it's a decent move for them.

Obviously in hindsight I would have taken him at 19m over Balotelli at 16m but that's gone and right now I can't say I'm too bothered by this. If we're going to spend 30m on a striker it's got to be one that suits our system a lot better.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #76: Jan 07, 2015 11:28:25 am
      Bony will be an absolute smash hit for them IMHO. He would've been for us too.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #77: Jan 07, 2015 11:33:11 am
      Bony will be an absolute smash hit for them IMHO. He would've been for us too.

Mick you know I respect your opinion mate but I don't share this one that he would have been great for us.

Out of friendly banter mate let's have a little side bet on Bony should he sign for City. How many do you think he will get for them before the end of the season?
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #78: Jan 07, 2015 11:49:37 am

Told you last week.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #79: Jan 07, 2015 11:55:17 am
      Mick you know I respect your opinion mate but I don't share this one that he would have been great for us.

Out of friendly banter mate let's have a little side bet on Bony should he sign for City. How many do you think he will get for them before the end of the season?

Well he won't be taking penos for them mate so it'll have to be from open play. Equally, I'm not sure how much game time he'll get. How about 0.6 goals a game ( I'll even include 5 minute cameos off the bench as a game) from when he signs till the end of the season? A friendly £10 if you're up for it mate?

I think he'll absolutely rip it up.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #80: Jan 07, 2015 11:59:36 am
      Well he won't be taking penos for them mate so it'll have to be from open play. Equally, I'm not sure how much game time he'll get. How about 0.6 goals a game ( I'll even include 5 minute cameos off the bench as a game) from when he signs till the end of the season? A friendly £10 if you're up for it mate?

I think he'll absolutely rip it up.

Ok I'll go with that.. Any less than 0.6 GPG and I win, anything above and you win.

[Smart way of doing it like from your way as he'll only probably play 3 games or something between now and May and get one or two off his arse in 7-0 wins  :D ]

Next time I'm in your neck of the woods I'll pop in for a drink.. From what Dave's said £10 should be enough for a half  ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #81: Jan 07, 2015 12:04:04 pm
      Ok I'll go with that.. Any less than 0.6 GPG and I win, anything above and you win.

[Smart way of doing it like from your way as he'll only probably play 3 games or something between now and May and get one or two off his arse in 7-0 wins  :D ]

Next time I'm in your neck of the woods I'll pop in for a drink.. From what Dave's said £10 should be enough for a half  ;)

Haha he's about right mate. Cheaper when you know me though (that is if unlike Dave you'll actually let me get a round in!). Do it though mate, always nice to meet fellow reds.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #82: Jan 07, 2015 12:06:35 pm

I'll be throwing stuff at the telly though mate if they bring him on in the 92nd minute to waste time!

BTW, if anyone else wants to have a go for a tenner with the "loser" paying to the HJC I'm up for it.

« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2015 12:22:09 pm by bigmick »
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #83: Jan 07, 2015 12:28:05 pm
      I'll be throwing stuff at the telly though mate if they bring him on in the 92nd minute to waste time!

BTW, if anyone else wants to have a go for a tenner with the "loser" paying to the HJC I'm up for it.

Count me in bigmick. Anything for a good cause.

For the record though, Bony wouldn't suit our pressing game.

He couldn't press a pair of trousers!  :laugh:

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #84: Jan 07, 2015 12:34:23 pm
      Count me in bigmick. Anything for a good cause.

For the record though, Bony wouldn't suit our pressing game.

He couldn't press a pair of trousers!  :laugh:

Haha very true. Fair enoughski though mate, in for a tenner you are.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #85: Jan 07, 2015 03:24:42 pm
      For what it's worth, I think Bony will do well at City. Their system can accommodate target men much better than ours can, as evidence by the goals scored by Negredo (first half of last season only) and Dzeko.

As for the fee, it's City. £30m doesn't mean anything to them.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #86: Jan 07, 2015 11:48:47 pm
      Bony will do well anywhere really. Sure he's intelligent enough to adapt his game to suit various strategies. He won't get many starts at city once their all star forwards are fit again. He's a £30mill make weight due to the injuries, and cities desperation to hang on to the prem title. He'll spend most of his time on the bench following the next 3 weeks.

Quick Reply