Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Marc-Andre Ter Stergen (Barcelona)

Read 2202 times
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Marc-Andre Ter Stergen (Barcelona)
      Jan 08, 2015 10:41:58 pm
      A rumour I am happy to hear, despite its fairly incredibly sh*t source (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/419178/Liverpool-January-move-Arsenal-Man-Utd-Marc-Andre-ter-Stegen). He's not been in blinding form this year and openly talked about his frustration at lack of game time:

“It’s good to be at Barca but the situation is difficult. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t care and it isn’t easy being a spectator,” he German publication Sport Bild.

But he also told them he wants to fight for the number 1 position:

"“I want to be the No. 1 and I’m convinced that’s something that will happen if I continue to improve and work hard.

“I can only try to prove that I am the best [of the two goalkeepers] and that’s why I came here, so it’s something I will fight for.""
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Marc-Andre Ter Stergen (Barcelona)
      Reply #1: Jan 08, 2015 10:43:58 pm
      Maybe a loan. No way this is a permanent deal with Barcelona banned from buying players for two windows.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #2: Jan 08, 2015 10:49:54 pm
      Maybe a loan. No way this is a permanent deal with Barcelona banned from buying players for two windows.

I'd be happy with that.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3: Jan 08, 2015 10:52:49 pm
      Won't happen, another ridiculous non story.

Their 3rd choice keeper going to the African nations, so if they did loan Ter Stergen and their main keeper gets injured, they'd be screwed and stuck with a 4th choice in goal :O
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Jan 09, 2015 01:47:58 am
      Would be great if one day these journalists wrote a single article between them that had some well thought out ideas, common sense and research.
      Bier
      Reply #5: Jan 09, 2015 01:50:48 am
      Barcelona's transfer ban counts for buying an selling players, but I imagine it counts for loans too. Otherwise loans would be the easy way to circumvent the ban.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #6: Jan 09, 2015 09:23:34 am
      Barcelona's transfer ban counts for buying an selling players, but I imagine it counts for loans too. Otherwise loans would be the easy way to circumvent the ban.

Not according to a quick google search.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26852466

EDIT: to clarify, they can still sell
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #7: Jan 09, 2015 09:31:26 am
      Not according to a quick google search.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26852466

EDIT: to clarify, they can still sell

That's fine if that's the case but what's the point of them selling of they can't replace..
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #8: Jan 09, 2015 10:38:45 am
      That's fine if that's the case but what's the point of them selling of they can't replace..

Oh true enough. I think this transfer has less than 1% chance of going through. They might, might ,might just loan the player if he is kicking up enough fuss for 6 months if they think it will help his development.
      Their 3rd keeper is Jordi Masip, who has been started ahead of Ter Stergen once this season in the cups. (Ter Stergen has 6 appearances, Masip has 1) so they wouldn't be leaving themselves totally high and dry. Neither have played in the league.

Quick Reply