Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Transfer deadline day September 2014

Read 22767 times
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Re: Transfer deadline day (and other teams)
      Reply #23: Sep 01, 2014 11:14:57 am
      I'll bet you it doesn't crash :P.

It will probably go up - high expectations together with high earning performance related deals/sponsorships is a winning combo. Though it has gone down 8% since tuesday.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #24: Sep 01, 2014 11:20:46 am
      i'm so happy with all the stupid money the mancs spend, surely it means huge problems in the long run, problems hopefully the next owners cannot fix
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #25: Sep 01, 2014 11:27:44 am
      It will probably go up - high expectations together with high earning performance related deals/sponsorships is a winning combo. Though it has gone down 8% since tuesday.
      And if the team doesn't perform, (fundamentals lagging expectations), you get a stock bubble. They had better win every competition they are in.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #26: Sep 01, 2014 11:34:08 am
      i'm so happy with all the stupid money the mancs spend, surely it means huge problems in the long run, problems hopefully the next owners cannot fix

Erm, it's not management's money or the board's money. It's the shareholders' money and liability to the bank financing.

It's the last throw of the dice to get nexts year's CL money. If they don't make CL they are screwed. 

I bet some of the larger sponsorship deals would have clawback clauses on performance.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #27: Sep 01, 2014 11:34:09 am
      And if the team doesn't perform, (fundamentals lagging expectations), you get a stock bubble. They had better win every competition they are in.

Absolutely - or atleast they need to make top 4 the atleast (Their latest sponsorship deal takes a massive hit if they don't). Likely financial troubles ahead if this year isn't a success for them.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #28: Sep 01, 2014 11:34:45 am

Well they out of the league cup, out of the league with that squad, so they have to win the FA Cup.  Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket!  :)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #29: Sep 01, 2014 11:44:07 am
      Champions league qualification or bust for the mancs? Can't see the benefit the mancs will get from this one. They already have Van Persie and Rooney and lack of European football and already out of the league cup, surely they should have been looking to strengthen other areas.   
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #30: Sep 01, 2014 11:44:33 am
      I'd really like us to respond to this news of Falcao. If we sell on Lucas and Borini, why not bring in a centre mid or defensive mid. I think we are a bit light in that area and could do with some real quality. Allen is improving, Can looks like the next big thing but I only see Gerrard and Hendo as starters at the moment and even then they won't play every game. Go on Brendan, one more please...

After Balotelli we are pretty much set now. It's important for us not to make too many changes to the first XI now. We probably could do with another midfielder but Rodgers is a man who likes to develop the talent he has. The man has a vision and is not signing seemingly world class players out of desperation. Did you see how we were set up to counter attack Spurs yesterday. It didn't matter who played... they all played in accordance to our system. This is how football should be played.

Look at Cans late cameo. He came on, tidied things up in midfield and was even positioned to counter attack, which nearly led to a fantastic Sterling goal.

I would have said sign Alonso or Khedira, but neither are available now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #31: Sep 01, 2014 11:55:21 am
      I'd really like us to respond to this news of Falcao. If we sell on Lucas and Borini, why not bring in a centre mid or defensive mid. I think we are a bit light in that area and could do with some real quality. Allen is improving, Can looks like the next big thing but I only see Gerrard and Hendo as starters at the moment and even then they won't play every game. Go on Brendan, one more please...

Lallana has to come in to midfield as well mate. We just need a back up keeper and were set. We have done fantastic business and really improved the squad in all areas. Asking for more is just greedy. We will reassess in January and see how the squad is looking if we need to improve or cover any position we will do business again.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #32: Sep 01, 2014 11:58:09 am
      So old man Falcao goes to Yernited for his pension.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #33: Sep 01, 2014 11:59:55 am
      Backup keeper and another defensive midfielder please.

Jones isn't good enough to push Mignolet.

Not too sure how ready Can is to slot in and replace Gerrard in his anchoring role.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #34: Sep 01, 2014 12:01:22 pm
      So now LVG has to find a way to fit in Rooney (on 300k a week), RVP (LVG's favourite), Mata (Club spent 45 million on him in January), Di Maria (60 million) and Falcao (new marquee signing).

That's 3 players who definitely won't help out in defence plus Rooney and Di Maria who generally won't do much defending either. Which leaves them ridiculously short at the back where they already lack any talent.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #35: Sep 01, 2014 12:07:33 pm
      Falcao's agent: "It is a permanent deal but due to the fair play rules the first year must be a loan."

Copied of twitter so could be bullshit but I'd piss myself if they got him permanently. A loan deal I could understand if RVP needs knee surgery but a permanently deal would be a huge waste of money.

They need young players that'll grow, not old players playing for money.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #36: Sep 01, 2014 12:09:24 pm
      I'm not being greedy, I'm very happy with the business that has been done and the way we are playing but if we do raise about £20m with the sales of Borini and Lucas (for example), I think it would be best to bring in another player. In terms of actual centre midfielders it would leave us with Allen, Hendo and Gerrard; I think most would agree that we could do with another CM. As I say, I'm happy with the business and if we don't bring anyone else in I won't complain, let's just see what happens.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #37: Sep 01, 2014 12:14:31 pm
      Seriously I know we hate utd but let's be honest here I'm really impressed they managed to land falcao as well , their attack look scary now falco and Rooney and di Maria plus mata and VP that's gonna cause trouble to every defence team I know they lack CB's but their attack can cover the lack of quality of their defence , the Premier league is F***ing hard now I'd see utd snapping the 4th place from Arsenal easily because arsenal need a striker so badly and sanago is sh*te .
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #38: Sep 01, 2014 12:16:21 pm
      Seeing that we have only spent around £30m this summer, with more players likely to head for the exit, surely that should free up some funds for a one Marco Reus no? ;)

Extra tv money and CL money - it's there!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #39: Sep 01, 2014 12:16:54 pm
      Hope its a 4 year deal. €65M for an alleged 29yr old, still in rehab with no sell on value - sheer desperation.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #40: Sep 01, 2014 12:18:07 pm
      Seeing that we have only spent around £30m this summer, with more players likely to head for the exit, surely that should free up some funds for a one Marco Reus no? ;)

Extra tv money and CL money - it's there!

So Reus comes in and we drop who exactly? For those saying utd don't need Falcao think that'd be the same for us, we don't need Reus, not after signing Lallana, Markovic, Balotelli.

Players who can all play in his position.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #41: Sep 01, 2014 12:20:26 pm
      So Reus comes in and we drop who exactly? For those saying utd don't need Falcao think that'd be the same for us, we don't need Reus, not after signing Lallana, Markovic, Balotelli.

Players who can all play in his position.

The difference is that we know how to utilise our attacking players. It'd be replacing that quality that we've lost in Suarez. There is always a place on the bench if things don't work out for Mario.

Not essential but you wouldn't say no to him.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #42: Sep 01, 2014 12:23:22 pm

Just read an article that we're 'in for free agent Victor Valdes'.

Make of it what you wish on mad day.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #43: Sep 01, 2014 12:23:49 pm
      The difference is that we know how to utilise our attacking players. It'd be replacing that quality that we've lost in Suarez. There is always a place on the bench if things don't work out for Mario.

Not essential but you wouldn't say no to him.

With the likes of Markovic, Lallana, Can, Balotelli I think that quality has been replaced.

Not individually but the quality in the team has doubled in my eyes in an attacking sense.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #44: Sep 01, 2014 12:25:53 pm
      Just switched on SSN and saw that Falcao's loan deal is actually 6m :O
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #45: Sep 01, 2014 12:26:34 pm
      Just saw the Falcao news! What!?!?

I hope he fails his medical.  ;D

Quick Reply