Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Transfer deadline day September 2014

Read 23064 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Re: Transfer deadline day (and other teams)
      Reply #138: Sep 01, 2014 06:46:39 pm
      Based on the first half of last season, yes. Based on the second half of last season, no.
      What about based on the season as a whole?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #139: Sep 01, 2014 06:48:11 pm
      Falcao must be thinking "what the F**k". Having seemed nailed on certain for Madrid he's now going to United. He really isn't fussed about Champions League football either with having left Atletico for Monaco and then Monaco for the Mancs.

Seems odd why they are letting him leave on loan though, he is by far their best player. Strange Madrid opted for Hernandez instead of Falcao too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #140: Sep 01, 2014 06:49:45 pm
      What about based on the season as a whole?

Would have to say no because when he was at his worst it was to a greater degree than when he was at his best. Think he is angling for a move back to Spain to be honest like.
      Bier
      Reply #141: Sep 01, 2014 06:51:49 pm

Seems odd why they are letting him leave on loan though, he is by far their best player. Strange Madrid opted for Hernandez instead of Falcao too.

Monaco's rich owner lost half his sh*t in a divorce, his wife got a whopping 2.6 billion pounds of him. I'd say that's related to what's going on there with the sale of James Rodriguez, now Falcao, and I've been reading links to Moutinho today too.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #142: Sep 01, 2014 06:52:39 pm
      All the teams in CL cannot afford Falcao because of FFP rules hence only option for Falcao was United. And hes probably not fussed about football as long as the money is rolling in greedy f**ker!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #143: Sep 01, 2014 06:55:19 pm
      The great Mohamed Diame has joined Hull City.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #144: Sep 01, 2014 06:55:51 pm
      Falcao must be thinking "what the f**k". Having seemed nailed on certain for Madrid he's now going to United. He really isn't fussed about Champions League football either with having left Atletico for Monaco and then Monaco for the Mancs.

It seems the only logical explanation is that Falcao has an irrational fear of playing in the Champions League.

Atletico qualify for Champions League and he joins for a non-CL club, in Monaco.

Monaco qualify for Champions League and he joins for a non-CL club, in Manchester United.

All the while apparently rejecting moves to CL sides, in Liverpool and Arsenal.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #145: Sep 01, 2014 06:56:40 pm
      Loan loan F***ing loan....
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #146: Sep 01, 2014 06:58:15 pm
      Has falcao played for Monaco yet? Match fit? This signing makes my stomach churn...
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #147: Sep 01, 2014 07:00:09 pm
      It seems the only logical explanation is that Falcao has an irrational fear of playing in the Champions League.

Atletico qualify for Champions League and he joins for a non-CL club, in Monaco.

Monaco qualify for Champions League and he joins for a non-CL club, in Manchester United.

All the while apparently rejecting moves to CL sides, in Liverpool and Arsenal.
      ..and he thinks it's a safe bet that ManUre won't be in CL for the next 4 seasons... :lmao:
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #148: Sep 01, 2014 07:02:17 pm
      Falcao must be thinking "what the f**k". Having seemed nailed on certain for Madrid he's now going to United. He really isn't fussed about Champions League football either with having left Atletico for Monaco and then Monaco for the Mancs.

Money talks hehe
       according to the express to keep thier fans quiet The scums are offering Falcao a £346,000 per-week deal , guess thats why he gives a sh*t about playing in the CL

and the telegraph

Radamel Falcao's season-long loan to Manchester United will cost the Old Trafford club a staggering £24 million, with the forward's £346,000-a-week Monaco salary being paid in full by United.

YNWA
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #149: Sep 01, 2014 07:06:11 pm
      I think the Falcao loan could just be a temporary stop for him before moving to Real Madrid next year anyway...explains the Hernandez loan to Madrid in my opinion.
      Anyways, regardless of who Man U have signed, we have a better squad than theirs...my main concerns remain Chelsea and City :(
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #150: Sep 01, 2014 07:07:54 pm
      So United need a centre back and they won't be signing anybody :lmao:

I can't believe that they think their defence is good enough. They've got 0 chance of 4th.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #151: Sep 01, 2014 07:08:19 pm

Money talks hehe
       according to the express to keep thier fans quiet The scums are offering Falcao a £346,000 per-week deal , guess thats why he gives a sh*t about playing in the CL

and the telegraph

Radamel Falcao's season-long loan to Manchester United will cost the Old Trafford club a staggering £24 million, with the forward's £346,000-a-week Monaco salary being paid in full by United.

YNWA

That will be a good amount of money for team who is going to fail to get into the Champions League a second year running to lose.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #152: Sep 01, 2014 07:08:44 pm
      Why are people upset that Falcao is going to united? They have good strikers already and it doesn't do them any F***ing good. We got the better option anyway - much younger - with great potential, rather old with injuries who likely won't ever live up to his billing.

This will send United the way of Leeds.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #153: Sep 01, 2014 07:11:46 pm
      How lovely is it to know that we're in decent shape and that our deals are all done prior to deadline day!?

In terms of what is going on elsewhere, have to say the mancs are pretty duymb to let Wellbeck go to the gooners. they came out and said he could go but not to a direct rival and here they are, missing an opportunity to leave Arsenal right in the shi....t for the next 3 months. WAs hoping that Wenger was going to  bury his head in the sand and run with Sanogo and Sanchez up top until the new year. Nevermind!

Impressed with Chelsea again, Torres out Remy in was a smart move on their part and their summer of business highlights why they are rightly favourites to win the league.

Really gutted to see big Coates going to Sunderland but perhaps he can be a big impact player there and come back next season. I was hoping he might force some playing time here I really was.

Just hoping that Suso isn't allowed to go, the saving in wages for a season is simply not worth the bother. Keep the lad here, we'll be playing two games a week before long and an injury or too and we will need him.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #154: Sep 01, 2014 07:11:50 pm
      United have 3 cbs, one of which is a walking red card (5 in the last 2 seasons), who also has an inordinately high errors leading to goal rate. They also play with 3 CBs, and 2 of the CBs have terrible injury records.

They could have Messi up front and still be fu**ed.
      And I haven't even started on their midfield...
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #155: Sep 01, 2014 07:13:37 pm
      Why are people upset that Falcao is going to united? They have good strikers already and it doesn't do them any f**king good. We got the better option anyway - much younger - with great potential, rather old with injuries who likely won't ever live up to his billing.

Really?
       Personally I would worry if the money they spent on Di-Maria and falcao were spent to strenghten  ther back-line and midfield
       they have only 1 point  from 3 usualy relatively easy games , wait till they face the big guns, LFC included
      ------------------------------------
       Now back to LFC
       so Coates   moved to sunderland on loan,   Assaidi is close to rejoin stoke on loan too,  it seems Borini is off to QPR,and we are back for dele alli and Lucas  looks like he is staying , as reports saying a loan deal to Napoli collapsed
      YNWA
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #156: Sep 01, 2014 07:13:41 pm
      Why are people upset that Falcao is going to united? They have good strikers already and it doesn't do them any f**king good. We got the better option anyway - much younger - with great potential, rather old with injuries who likely won't ever live up to his billing.

I don't think anyone is particularly upset tbh, just wondering if Falcao might have been a decent option at LFC perhaps? Still, if the reports on wages are correct they really are throwing everything at it. I'm happy with our lot though, its been an excellent window.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #157: Sep 01, 2014 07:15:03 pm

Really gutted to see big Coates going to Sunderland but perhaps he can be a big impact player there and come back next season. I was hoping he might force some playing time here I really was.

Just hoping that Suso isn't allowed to go, the saving in wages for a season is simply not worth the bother. Keep the lad here, we'll be playing two games a week before long and an injury or too and we will need him.

I'm surprised you are upset about the loan. I think it will be great for him! He'll have to do a lot of defending, and he'll get loads of game time. I reckon this could lead to him breaking into the squad next year. 23 is not old for a CB.
      Agreed on Suso. He showed his quality in pre-season, and he's shown on loan that he can play in just about any of the midfield roles bar DM.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #158: Sep 01, 2014 07:15:41 pm
      It has been great watching the Mancs stutter but I'm not laughing too much.

A United side managed by Van Gaal with no European distractions is probably going to have a say at some point of who gets in to the top four.

Now though, I think we'd be sorely mistaken to think that with Rojo and Blind thrown into a side that has a front four of Rooney, Falcao, Van Persie and Di Maria doesn't make them a totally different proposition no matter how much we splutter and chuckle at panic buying and inflated prices.

If Van Gaal gets them going how he wants soon enough then they'll have a say in the title. He's no Davy Moyes.

Hope I'm wrong of course.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #159: Sep 01, 2014 07:15:45 pm
      Really?
       Personally I would worry if the money they spent on Di-Maria and falcao were spent to strenghten  ther back-line and midfield
       they have only 1 point  from 3 usualy relatively easy games , wait till they face the big guns, LFC included

YNWA
      I don't think you read what I wrote, mate...
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #160: Sep 01, 2014 07:17:20 pm
      Also I'll piss myself laughing if Arsenal sign the onion.

Quick Reply