Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

FIFA 15

Read 23084 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: FIFA 15
      Reply #69: May 02, 2015 12:25:22 pm
      Not played this in a while. I was pretty pissed when they introduced the price ranges on Ultimate Team like 2 days after I spent 450k on Aguero and about 250k another player. If I had got them when the price ranges came in then they'd have cost me half that.

I had MoTM Yaya Toure at 5 million coins, then price ranges came in and he was 1.2m with his cap (sold for 1.1m).

Now every decent player is extinct on the market. Complete F**k up this years version.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #70: May 02, 2015 03:05:16 pm
      Bad time to start playing online mate. This is the worst FIFA I have ever played.

That's F***ing typical of my luck.

If anyone wants to run through an online seasons or whatever then my PS4 ID is sweetflag.

When i actually learn to hold my own mate, i will gladly engage with you in footballing combat. The only problem is that i don't like playing somebody who plays as Liverpool also.

Which teams are my fellow Fifa 15 forum members now managing in career mode and what's your team line up?

I find it impossible to manage any other club than our beloved Mighty Reds.

My current team and back ups for a 4-2-3-1 is:

Ter Stegen / Butland
      De Sciglio
      Vertoghen / Stones
      Laporte / Ginder
      Moreno / Robertson
      Kovacic / Tielmans
      Schneiderlin / Can
      Sterling / Markovic
      Werner / Depay
      Coutinho / Meyer
      Batshuayi / Mitrovic / Poulson / Vietto

Would never have time for manager mode mate. Way too boring for me. Each to their own like but i prefer to play.

Never do the management stuff me to be honest. Love this game for the head to head games more.

trefmactavish if you ever want a game mate.

When i'm about half decent on this i will look you up mate. CRK added me to his friends list about 2 years ago!! I've been too scared to play him because he'd probably kick the F**k out of me on it!

I'm quitting smoking on Sunday night so i'll probably get to play this a bit more over the next few weeks and should up my skill levels.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #71: May 04, 2015 03:48:19 pm
      Currently rocking this in FUT:

http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/31381940/

I'd love to have a colourful Aguero or Di Maria or Courtois but it took me long enough finding the in form players i have because everyone decent is extinct from the market.

The shooting of those two is so F***ing sh*t though. Game feels different past couple days. No shots are hitting the target and they both had amazing shooting.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #72: May 04, 2015 05:31:02 pm
      Any word on FIFA 16?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #73: May 04, 2015 10:52:37 pm
      I had MoTM Yaya Toure at 5 million coins, then price ranges came in and he was 1.2m with his cap (sold for 1.1m).

Now every decent player is extinct on the market. Complete F**k up this years version.

Ouch!

That's some team you have got btw (just checked the link on your latest post). I remember when Lichtsteiner first became in-form, I bought like 10 of him at 60k, sold them all for 160k each.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #74: May 05, 2015 04:58:33 am
      Ouch!

That's some team you have got btw (just checked the link on your latest post). I remember when Lichtsteiner first became in-form, I bought like 10 of him at 60k, sold them all for 160k each.

So dumb now that investing is pointless with the price caps :( Can't make any coins.

I had about 5 or 6 second IF De Gea's when he went for 400k and sold them all for 3m few weeks after TOTY came out. Then lost most of that profit in the price capping fiasco.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #75: May 05, 2015 12:09:02 pm
      So dumb now that investing is pointless with the price caps :( Can't make any coins.

I had about 5 or 6 second IF De Gea's when he went for 400k and sold them all for 3m few weeks after TOTY came out. Then lost most of that profit in the price capping fiasco.

crouchy, you seem like a bit of an expert on Fifa. Could you give me some tips please for custom tactics and best formations etc. for Liverpool?

I've tried applying real life tactics and instructions but they seem worthless in a video game scenario. One of main problems is getting barged off the ball, yesterday i had the dwarf Carzola bumping Sakho and Skrtel off the ball! Also i can never seem to win any headers from my goal kicks and opposition goal kicks. Also, when i counter attack my players are way too slow to support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by myself from you or anyone else on here who has experienceof playing online. I don't play FUT by the way, just online Seasons.

I cured the lobbed pass brigade problem by setting the player switching to air balls only. I use manual switching for the rest.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #76: May 05, 2015 01:42:22 pm
      crouchy, you seem like a bit of an expert on Fifa. Could you give me some tips please for custom tactics and best formations etc. for Liverpool?

I've tried applying real life tactics and instructions but they seem worthless in a video game scenario. One of main problems is getting barged off the ball, yesterday i had the dwarf Carzola bumping Sakho and Skrtel off the ball! Also i can never seem to win any headers from my goal kicks and opposition goal kicks. Also, when i counter attack my players are way too slow to support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by myself from you or anyone else on here who has experienceof playing online. I don't play FUT by the way, just online Seasons.

I cured the lobbed pass brigade problem by setting the player switching to air balls only. I use manual switching for the rest.

If you like to play with wingers, use the 4-3-3(5) formation. Has a slightly deeper striker and tough to break down.

I like playing with midfielders and pass through defences so i use the 4-2-2-2 formation.

I always make sure my CDM/s are set to "stay back while attacking". You need to have a strong midfield defence to win games.

If your opposition is a lobbed through-ball whore, go on ultra attacking and high press and run at their defence - they usually are terrible at defending and passing and you go on the front foot against them. In defence you have to take control of a centre back and track their striker so the through ball isn't effective.

I have the same problem being barged off. I'm not sure how to help, especially when it's your striker against a defender.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #77: May 05, 2015 03:45:18 pm
      Regarding being barged around do you guys use L2 (or whatever it is on Xbox) to shield the ball when in possession? It can take a while to get it right but when used properly it's very effective at either cutting off an attacker trying to get on the end of a through ball or protecting the ball from defenders trying to tackle you. Can also be used to great effect if you keep getting chased down and outpaced, if used when through on goal for instance, with a defender behind, you should be able to hold them off despite any lack of pace.

You might find using it at the wrong moment will slow your player down and make them easier to tackle, but get used to when and how to use it and it is very useful. You'll win a lot of freekicks and penalties too.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #78: May 05, 2015 04:17:11 pm
      My main frustration playing online now is the lag. It seems I'm always getting paired with someone that has a slow internet connection and it's almost unbearable to play. You should have to have a minimum bandwidth before it will let you connect to play online.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #79: May 05, 2015 08:51:59 pm
      Regarding being barged around do you guys use L2 (or whatever it is on Xbox) to shield the ball when in possession? It can take a while to get it right but when used properly it's very effective at either cutting off an attacker trying to get on the end of a through ball or protecting the ball from defenders trying to tackle you. Can also be used to great effect if you keep getting chased down and outpaced, if used when through on goal for instance, with a defender behind, you should be able to hold them off despite any lack of pace.

You might find using it at the wrong moment will slow your player down and make them easier to tackle, but get used to when and how to use it and it is very useful. You'll win a lot of freekicks and penalties too.

Cheers mate. Will mess around in some offline games with it.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #80: May 05, 2015 10:39:54 pm
      If you like to play with wingers, use the 4-3-3(5) formation. Has a slightly deeper striker and tough to break down.

I like playing with midfielders and pass through defences so i use the 4-2-2-2 formation.

I always make sure my CDM/s are set to "stay back while attacking". You need to have a strong midfield defence to win games.

If your opposition is a lobbed through-ball whore, go on ultra attacking and high press and run at their defence - they usually are terrible at defending and passing and you go on the front foot against them. In defence you have to take control of a centre back and track their striker so the through ball isn't effective.

I have the same problem being barged off. I'm not sure how to help, especially when it's your striker against a defender.

OK. Thanks crouchy, i'll give that a go.

Thanks artaylor. I use the L2 to shield when i have the ball, i'm fine when i've got the ball, it's when i'm going for a loose ball that the barging is a problem for me.

My main frustration playing online now is the lag. It seems I'm always getting paired with someone that has a slow internet connection and it's almost unbearable to play. You should have to have a minimum bandwidth before it will let you connect to play online.

Same problem mate. Was playing last night and it was so F***ing annoying. When i played a through ball the screen would freeze and then when it cam back in to frame the ball had moved ten yards and i hadn't seen it. It's also annoying when you get a penalty and you press the shoot button and the screen lags and when it kicks back in it's stuck in the yellow and Gerrard ends up on his arse with a John Terry Champions League Final special!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #81: May 06, 2015 12:37:45 pm
      When i'm about half decent on this i will look you up mate.

You can practice on me mate. I'm dog sh*t.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #82: May 06, 2015 12:49:08 pm

FIFA 16, Madden 16 & NHL 16 confirmed for release between July-September

All three sports games to release during Q2 FY 2015; NBA Live 16 to follow in Q3.

FIFA 16, Madden NFL 16 and NHL 16 will all launch during Q2 FY 2015, EA has announced.

The release window means that all three games will launch at some point between July, August and September. The games join previously announced Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, which is due to launch on PS4 and Xbox One on July 16.

Further details on the three games have yet to be announced, although FIFA 16 will be the only one to launch on PC as well as console.

NBA Live 16, meanwhile, will launch on console during Q3 FY 2015, pointing to a release between October-December.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #83: May 06, 2015 09:18:57 pm
      You can practice on me mate. I'm dog sh*t.

Trust me mate, if you are dog sh*t you will batter me. You're not Jaybow0215 are you? Played him/her last night, he/she was playing as Liverpool too, kept doing the L1 triangle bollocks, did my F***ing head in.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #84: May 06, 2015 09:24:54 pm
      Nope trefmactavish is my name on it.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #85: May 07, 2015 11:38:36 pm
      Nope trefmactavish is my name on it.

Okey dokey.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #86: May 11, 2015 12:09:25 am
      I packed Record Breaker Ronaldo!!!!!!!!
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #87: May 11, 2015 09:41:18 pm
      Hi all,

Decided to give FUT a real go after they gave me a decent pack, usually hate starting it up and never used the coins online and all that, can't sell any of them but got a few decent players such as Jovetic, Dos Santos.

Anyway, is the only way to make my CDM's stay back is playing defensive? I currently have Alonso and Strootman as CDM's in a 4-2-3-1 formation and countless times they've been caught out of position, it's really annoying.

Team is at the moment

Mandana (GK, very good player, cheap too at 350)

Aurier (RB, had him one game, decent but should be higher than 77)
      Varane (CB, beast)
      Sakho (CB, another beast, on the game)
      Bedimo (LB, don't know how many goals I've conceded down the left with him and Marquinho's before I got Sakho)

Alonso (stop bombing forward!)
      Strootman (his fitness goes down so quickly)

Biabiany (got him in that pack, 96 pace, fair to say I abuse it, a tad)
      Eriksen (got him for 150 coins lmao, don't know how)
      Schurrle (haven't played him yet)

Jovetic (scores mostly every game, can't ask for more)

My best tactic though is taking Jovetic or Eriksen off and putting De Jong (PSV) on, scores a header almost every time ;D

Anybody else's?

The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #88: May 11, 2015 09:53:02 pm
      Which teams are my fellow Fifa 15 forum members now managing in career mode and what's your team line up?

I find it impossible to manage any other club than our beloved Mighty Reds.

My current team and back ups for a 4-2-3-1 is:

Ter Stegen / Butland
      De Sciglio
      Vertoghen / Stones
      Laporte / Ginder
      Moreno / Robertson
      Kovacic / Tielmans
      Schneiderlin / Can
      Sterling / Markovic
      Werner / Depay
      Coutinho / Meyer
      Batshuayi / Mitrovic / Poulson / Vietto
      I'm still in season 1 so haven't got rid of many, thought I was going to sell Sturridge but he rejected Wolfsburg

Subasic (wanted Leno, too much though)

Danillo (pretty rubbish on the game tbh)
      Skrtel
      Sakho
      Moreno

Camacho (great on the game, would love him to join in real life as well)
      Henderson
      Sergi Roberto (great player, got him on loan, does a good job)

Coutinho (alternates with Lallana)
      Dybala (was being kept out by Balo, bench player, Sturridge is injured for four months, completely realistic isn't)
      Markovic (alternates with Munir)

Don't know why I don't play Sterling, even before his real life contract fiasco I wasn't playing him much)

No one else apart from some rubbish rated Spaniards I got on loan on deadline day, played one once in a League Cup game, called Cotan (think he was 64), was MOTM.
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #89: May 11, 2015 09:58:43 pm
      Feel free to add me on PS4 for a game, ID is YodaLikesSoda (I was stuck at the time, ok).

I mainly play Pro Clubs, love the banter, miss Team Play from Fifa 13 badly though, that was great fun, they have to fund the cash cow somehow though

I should have room, I've got 1986 spaces left in my friends list.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #90: May 11, 2015 10:06:45 pm
      I packed Record Breaker Ronaldo!!!!!!!!

How much is he worth in today's market? 100k? :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #91: May 12, 2015 01:54:21 pm
      Only 15 million :D Impossible to find on the market though.

Quick Reply