Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Moreno
      66 (47.1%)
      Manquillo
      18 (12.9%)
      Lovren
      2 (1.4%)
      Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      9 (6.4%)
      Henderson
      18 (12.9%)
      Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sterling
      2 (1.4%)
      Balotelli
      20 (14.3%)
      Lallana
      1 (0.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Borini
      4 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: Sep 20, 2014 09:49:44 pm

LFC 2-1 Ludogorets Razgrad: In game and Post Match Discussion

Read 41255 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: LFC 2-1 Ludogorets Razgrad: In game and Post Match Discussion
      Reply #529: Sep 16, 2014 10:09:35 pm
      Loven? In my opinion he was ok overall. Worrying though that he made the same error as he did v City, though Stevies positioning also didn't help

Agreed, I argued then it was his fault and ill do the same now. Obviously if Mignolet stayed on his F***ing line it may have not been a goal, but Lovren could have done better Imo. 
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #530: Sep 16, 2014 10:10:29 pm
      This isn't last season when where if you score 3 we'll score 4

Why not? I loved that approach and more often than not it worked wonders for us. Not for my heart though :(
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #531: Sep 16, 2014 10:10:48 pm
      Very impressed with Moreno, three points and we needed that win feel a lot better after the weekend. Not easy but what game is at this level.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #532: Sep 16, 2014 10:10:54 pm
      Phew, thank F**k for that, great result thought we'd thrown it away conceding their goal,
      Must admit tho, I was totally wrong,  they were much better than I gave them.credit for, but hey, that's fickleness for ye,

There are more positives to take from that performance than negatives that's for sure,   what we fans need to bear in mind is for most player's this was their first experience at this level,

Yes the performance was average at best but, this was a learning curve and a steep one at that,
      The most important thing was the 3 points,  we managed that,  just, Ludogorets were much better than I think most of us thought they would be,  myself included, and if I'm.honest they will be gutted they never got a point,

We have Basle away next, bring a point back from there or better we're half way there,

Poor performance,  but,  a great result in the end.

YNWA
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #533: Sep 16, 2014 10:11:41 pm
      That was a much more insipid display than on Saturday, but we managed to sneak away with all 3 points.  Personally, I think the lack of inspiration is 50/50 between formation and personnel.  Last year, we would play with a fluid front 3 of Studge, Suarez, and Sterling.  Teams had a terrible time keeping track of all of the runs and movement of that group.  With Balo in the lineup, the fluidity and movement isn't nearly as dynamic and teams have an easier time tracking runners and staying organized.  I do think we have looked better every time we put a 2nd striker up front this year, and I'd like to see us play that way on Saturday.  Playing the 4-4-2 diamond allows Raheem to play in the hole where I believe he is most dangerous -- he can drift out to either flank, or make direct runs beyond the front 2.  I thought Borini put in as good of a performance as anyone in a red shirt, and I think he did enough to earn a spot in the starting lineup against West Ham. 

Poor performance.  Good result.  Hopefully BR and his staff have seen what needs to be improved and have a better game plan going into the weekend!

Agree with that mate, we are a very different side with Balo in the team BUT we can still be fluid, you only have to look at Saints last season and the type of football they played with Lambert in the side.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #534: Sep 16, 2014 10:13:04 pm
      One lapse in concentration doesn't make him awful. He was at the heart of everything defensively today.

Did you not see the number of errors he made, I admit both CB's didn't get much protection from Captain Marvel but thought I would highlight his errors as half the posters on here seem to mistake Lovrens errors for Sakho!!!

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #535: Sep 16, 2014 10:13:36 pm
      Not easy but what game is at this level.

Besiktas at home ;)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #536: Sep 16, 2014 10:13:51 pm
      Balo up top on his own wont work, dont get me wrong he played well but he's better with Sturridge alongside him. We got out of jail, the result is all that matters but we wont get away with it against a better side week in week out.

BR has food for thought there. Borini is no game changer, but we definitely looked better when he went up close to Mario, main reason being we had another body in the box giving the defenders more to think about.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #537: Sep 16, 2014 10:14:45 pm
      Did you not see the number of errors he made, I admit both CB's didn't get much protection from Captain Marvel but thought I would highlight his errors as half the posters on here seem to mistake Lovrens errors for Sakho!!!

Was keeping a close eye on him and saw him defending on the front foot mostly. He was out of position occasionally, but was often giving the opposition no time or space and winning the ball back.

Did I miss something then?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad (Champions League - Group B Match 1)
      Reply #538: Sep 16, 2014 10:15:04 pm
      Spent 50 mil pounds on 2 average defenders, could have got Hummels and Balanta for that amount of money

Shhh - Sakho did nothing wrong tonight. Lovern was poor but hey ho he's 5 games into his LFC career can we please give players a chance before writing them off forever more? Plus Hummels was not for sale this summer, if he was he'd be at Utd so the inference is skewed
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #539: Sep 16, 2014 10:16:06 pm
      Was keeping a close eye on him and saw him defending on the front foot mostly. He was out of position occasionally, but was often giving the opposition no time or space and winning the ball back.

Did I miss something then?

Just disappointed mate he is not up to the £20M price tag yet. Early days still.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #540: Sep 16, 2014 10:17:07 pm
      Mignolet is no better than Reina. Sakho and Lovren are no better than Agger and Skrtel. We've got an incredibly disjointed attack with Lallana, Coutinho and Sterling as a front midfield three.

I understand that Lallana is rusty  from lack of game time but I am truly hoping he doesn't turn out to be one of these big fish small pond into small fish big pond type of players.

Balotelli has quality but he's not dynamic enough to fit into our system. For me he's more a player to come off the bench when a change of system is needed.

Manquillo is hot and cold but I'm warming towards this kid. He can come good. As for Moreno, f**king hell. The guy is incredible. Our best signing of the summer thus far.

When we sign Valdes, I'd like to see the following:

Valdes
      Flanno Skrtel Lovren Moreno
                         Gerrard
                Hendo           Allen
                         Sterling
              Sturridge    Balotelli

Can we resign Luis Suarez? ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #541: Sep 16, 2014 10:20:52 pm
      Haven't seen the game yet, but managed to catch all three goals, on the way home from work, courtesy of ITV player on my phone.  Will check to see if it's on ITV player or LFC TV after midnight.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #542: Sep 16, 2014 10:26:39 pm
      Is there a cooler player in a pressure situation than Stevie? Always steps up! And Mario's finish was world class, we're only going to get better as the season goes on.

It's good to be back!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #543: Sep 16, 2014 10:28:38 pm
      Well that didn't quite go to plan, but hey we are Liverpool the great entertainers, not sure if we do it on purpose because it's national tv and we are every one second favourite team
      For the positives our full backs were probably the highlight -the tackle by Moreno at the end was like a young Gerrard. Manquillo for the penalty although he was a bit erratic with his passing
      We created chances Borini with his first chance should have scored, not sure how many more chances he will get so a opportunity lost. Hendo should also have scored.
      Balo got his first goal, I expect him to carry on now, overall he played well.
      Oh yeah and we won.............
      For the negatives I'm not going to blame the CB's too much although they both have errors in them which is not reassuring considering the £40M spent but the cover they were receiving from Gerrard was frankly shocking - he visibly aged the longer the match went on and not surprisingly the more vulnerable we were to the counter with a pedestrian in midfield.
      Mignolet had a shocker with the goal.
      One man up top does nothing for us we looked suddenly a lot more dangerous as soon as Balo had a partner
      Coutinho WTF...............
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #544: Sep 16, 2014 10:28:40 pm
      Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho(Markovic); Borini and Mario.
      AJ-LFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #545: Sep 16, 2014 10:29:35 pm
      Tonight's game was not pretty but that late penalty was vital!

I am not writing us off after a win...

The 2004/05 CL was even worse on memory.

0-0 at home to Deportivo La Coruna

We lost to Monaco away...

We were 3-0 down in the final...

I won't go on!
      Opravdu
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #546: Sep 16, 2014 10:30:19 pm
      Mignolet is no better than Reina. Sakho and Lovren are no better than Agger and Skrtel. We've got an incredibly disjointed attack with Lallana, Coutinho and Sterling as a front midfield three.

I understand that Lallana is rusty  from lack of game time but I am truly hoping he doesn't turn out to be one of these big fish small pond into small fish big pond type of players.

Balotelli has quality but he's not dynamic enough to fit into our system. For me he's more a player to come off the bench when a change of system is needed.

Manquillo is hot and cold but I'm warming towards this kid. He can come good. As for Moreno, f**king hell. The guy is incredible. Our best signing of the summer thus far.

When we sign Valdes, I'd like to see the following:

Valdes
      Flanno Skrtel Lovren Moreno
                         Gerrard
                Hendo           Allen
                         Sterling
              Sturridge    Balotelli

Can we resign Luis Suarez? ;D

Some really interesting points there.

Agreed with your back three about quality, Mignolet I feel won't get better, time will tell for the other.

Balotelli comment is also quite a good option, but when you look at your 11 on offer, Ill have him anyday instead of Borini (no offense to him), this 11 has bags of goals written on it but can we keep a clean sheet!? This only will earn us the right to race for the title again, concede too many and we ll be racing for 4th only.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #547: Sep 16, 2014 10:38:23 pm
      Missed this game as well. Becoming a theme for me lately but I'm waiting on the coverage coming on now on ITV.

Great to get off to a win and a win is a win after all.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #548: Sep 16, 2014 10:47:00 pm
      Coutinho has looked out of sorts all season and trying to accommodate both him and Sterling in the team does not get the best out of Sterling who is playing far better right now. We play best when Sterling is at the tip of a diamond and we have two strikers up front. Coutinho needs dropping until his chance comes around again and then it's up to him to take it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #549: Sep 16, 2014 10:47:36 pm
      Teams starting to follow the Chelsea template.
      Sit back and defend. Break fast on the counter.

A lot of hard work tonight and then very nearly thrown away.
      The midfield on the charge in the 90th minute with a 1-0 lead.
      Farcical stuff really.

But, F**k it. Learn from it and take the valuable 3 points.

Mario Fantastico.
      Mario Magnifico.
      Ole, Ole!
      Ole, Ole!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #550: Sep 16, 2014 10:48:55 pm
      Thought Moreno was head and shoulders above everyone else, dangerous going forward and vital defensively.

Thought Lallana and Coutinho were dreadful.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #551: Sep 16, 2014 10:53:38 pm
      Thought Moreno was head and shoulders above everyone else, dangerous going forward and vital defensively.

Thought Lallana and Coutinho were dreadful.

Gave him Man of the Match.
      Lallana and Coutinho should have been taken off at half time.
      Both were very poor tonight.

Quick Reply