Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match vs West Ham (If possible)

Simon Mignolet
      (2.4%)
      Javi Manquillo
      (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      (0%)
      Steven Gerrard (c)
      (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (1.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (3.7%)
      Fabio Borini
      (4.9%)
      Raheem Sterling
      (53.7%)
      Mario Balotelli
      (17.1%)
      Mamadou Sakho (sub)
      (0%)
      Adam Lallana (sub)
      (14.6%)
      Rickie Lambert (sub)
      (2.4%)

West Ham 3 - 1 Liverpool: In Game & Post Game Shambles.

Read 34205 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: West Ham 3 - 1 Liverpool: In Game & Post Game Shambles.
      Reply #667: Sep 21, 2014 10:42:33 am

Well.  To be fair, it is a good question.

What *does* Colin Pascoe do exactly?

Not sure but I know what his son is doing.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #668: Sep 21, 2014 10:54:21 am
      He would have been banned anyway so you might as well talk about how Kenny Dalglish in his pomp would have helped Balotelli.

Luis has gone. He wanted to go last year and we hung onto him then,
      just. No way could we have done it
      again. Wish people would just f**k off with the 'if Luis was still here' bullshit.

read the post numpty i was highlighting how the loss of his energy and workrate mean we need to change style of play and we havent yet

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #669: Sep 21, 2014 10:57:29 am
      At the end of the day our midfield was over run by the likes of Noble and Downing. That is enough to drive anyone mad. 

No one apart from Sterling really tried to attack with intent and for all the sh*t Coutinho has been getting from me too, I think he would have at least attempted to get at players as would of Allen.

With Balotelli in the side our midfield needs to be quicker and get in behind the opposition, I don't see it being a problem with Balotelli as he was brought in as into the feet striker why make it his problem when it is what he is.

Go on to the cup game, same starting 11 with the exception of Lucas and Borini, bring in Allen and Markovic and have a go.

It was weird for me as Markovic was he fittest one there after a weeks rest, yet he didn't feature.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #670: Sep 21, 2014 11:02:53 am
      Not sure but I know what who his son is doing.

fixed  ;D
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #671: Sep 21, 2014 11:09:23 am

Well.  To be fair, it is a good question.

What *does* Colin Pascoe do exactly?

Compared to who?

Last season what Colin Pascoe DID was help the team to finish ahead of Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and of course Everton. He helped coach the team to play in a way that generated 101 goals and only finished second against a petrodollar club that has spent over a billion pounds to win the league.

So whatever the speculation, and your predictions of doom, he clearly must be doing something right.
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #672: Sep 21, 2014 11:10:05 am
      This team is actually better than last season's team.

We will come good. Give the team a break.

Enough with the attempt at beheading Gerrard and Brendan.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #673: Sep 21, 2014 11:26:02 am
      I think it's unfair to compare our current level with last year level, considering the number of new players we field.

We know Rodgers tactical approach isn't simple and it took 6 or 7 months when he arrived to start to get regular results, that even with Suarez. If our current team can take only 2 or 3 months to start rolling it should be labelled a success even if we get some more results like this one on our way. It's far too early for me to label our recruitment a failure.

A lot like in early Rodgers days we did dominate possession (62%) but failed to translate it into clear cut chances and goals. It's a question of movements in the final third, which are either too predictible by opposition, or not understood by our own players.

I think it's the issue more than our defense (we know Rodgers has never been about getting many clean sheats but scoring more than the opposition) even if of course having kept Mignollet as number one goalkeeper can be questionned, as even in our best spell last year his distribution and skill out of reflex shot stopping on the line looked very limited (I hope we get Valdes to at least provide him some competition).

Our new defenders pair on the other hand (Lovren and Sakho) don't look weaker than what we had in the last 5 years (complaining about the sale of Agger look a bit ridiculous for me... do you think he would be playing for Brondby if he still had the level to be a starter in a major league ?). It's just a question for them to get used to play together and stop making 2 or 3 critical mistakes in the middle of globally good games. And our wing backs look already as good or better than any one we fielded since Benitez era or so.

So I'll stay positive for the moment and try not to judge the team and manager before a dozen of games are played.
      « Last Edit: Sep 21, 2014 11:36:58 am by TonioLerouge »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #674: Sep 21, 2014 11:43:26 am
      First off there's no reason to be rude. Secondly, you've clearly misunderstood the point I'm making in that reply. Your point is that we will start flying once Brendan sorts these current issues out, just like we did in that first season, yes? That's not something I disagree with. What I'm arguing is that we shouldn't be in a position needing Brendan to sort anything out because we should have started where we left off last season and hit the ground running. That's what I'm equating to one step forward, (last season), two steps back (now playing like we did two seasons ago). Make sense now?

But we were never going to start where we left off last season and hit the ground running without Luis and I'm surprised you thought we would.  There was always going to be a step back until the reformed team took shape, my point was that we have a better starting point when it does take shape in terms of the quality of players we now have and the points total we're already on.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #675: Sep 21, 2014 11:49:20 am
      Theres a man of the match poll??
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #676: Sep 21, 2014 11:55:43 am
      An absolute shambles yesterday. Only Sterling, Balotelli and maybe Henderson get pass marks.

The centre of defence is no use. Lovren is not a £20 million defender and I've yet to see any leadership qualities from him. Sakho is far from convincing, never looks assured and Skrtel, well we've been watching his nonsense for years. I'm not convinced any of them would get in any other big teams line up. Until that bombscare defence is sorted we can expect more like this.

They need to get their act together and fast.

Also why is Brendan playing Lucas and Borini. Strange considering he tried to punt them.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #677: Sep 21, 2014 12:00:52 pm
      We played mid week in the CL, irrespective of the opposition it is a drain on our resources. Citeh, Chelski and Arsenal have far more experience in managing this. In particular Citeh and Chelski have squads of super players who are experienced and in their prime. We are learning a new style that will work in the CL. We have many new players. West ham have a much simpler charter and more time to enact it. We just need time to gel and incorporate this experience into our game and we will turn it round
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #678: Sep 21, 2014 12:01:16 pm
      An absolute shambles yesterday. Only Sterling, Balotelli and maybe Henderson get pass marks.

The centre of defence is no use. Lovren is not a £20 million defender and I've yet to see any leadership qualities from him. Sakho is far from convincing, never looks assured and Skrtel, well we've been watching his nonsense for years. I'm not convinced any of them would get in any other big teams line up. Until that bombscare defence is sorted we can expect more like this.

They need to get their act together and fast.

Also why is Brendan playing Lucas and Borini. Strange considering he tried to punt them.

Its the whole system mate just look at the midfield and what protection did they provide the back 4 last night!! Put Kompany in our defence and he would look sh*te.
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #679: Sep 21, 2014 12:05:44 pm
      Its the whole system mate just look at the midfield and what protection did they provide the back 4 last night!! Put Kompany in our defence and he would look sh*te.

I would agree with the fact that the all round defensive system is just non exsistent.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #680: Sep 21, 2014 12:32:58 pm
      Compared to who?

Last season what Colin Pascoe DID was help the team to finish ahead of Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and of course Everton. He helped coach the team to play in a way that generated 101 goals and only finished second against a petrodollar club that has spent over a billion pounds to win the league.

So whatever the speculation, and your predictions of doom, he clearly must be doing something right.

True.

Pascoe could be the worst or best coach we've ever had but no one on here, as far as I'm aware, has an idea if he's one or the other as we're not privy to how he works behind closed doors.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #681: Sep 21, 2014 12:46:54 pm
      Are people seriously starting to blame this on Pascoe? F***ing hell give your heads a wobble and get a grip. Rodgers is the one who has the final say on the line up that plays, the players are the ones who are on the pitch and not performing. Pascoe does what he is told to do by Rodgers, Rodgers over sees the training and organises everything. I'm not a huge fan of Pascoe but to be pinning blame on him for our slump in form is frankly embarrassing if that is what people are trying to get at.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #682: Sep 21, 2014 12:53:37 pm
      This team is actually better than last season's team.

We will come good. Give the team a break.

Enough with the attempt at beheading Gerrard and Brendan.

Have you any evidence to support this?
      We have the worst defence in the league and our keepers condfidence is shot.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #683: Sep 21, 2014 01:44:59 pm
      Are people seriously starting to blame this on Pascoe? F***ing hell give your heads a wobble and get a grip. Rodgers is the one who has the final say on the line up that plays, the players are the ones who are on the pitch and not performing. Pascoe does what he is told to do by Rodgers, Rodgers over sees the training and organises everything. I'm not a huge fan of Pascoe but to be pinning blame on him for our slump in form is frankly embarrassing if that is what people are trying to get at.

Don't think he is being blamed Ken but more like people are asking what his role is. Normal knee jerk stuff because Clarke was an assistant manager who liked to try and play with an organised defence and now that our defence looks sh*te, Clarke then suddenly becomes this God like defensive genius that Pascoe should be.

I don't know how good a part of the set up Pascoe is but when Kenny was sacked Clarke offered his resignation, was kept to see if he was needed by the new manager who ended up being Rodgers and was then sacked when Rodgers arrived.

If he was to comeback it would take a massive turnaround from the manager and if it is Pascoe that organises our defence then it becomes even more unlikely that he comes back.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #684: Sep 21, 2014 01:47:16 pm

Even weirder, Hardcore Soldier has been moaning about him since he got here. On what basis I have no idea.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #685: Sep 21, 2014 02:01:16 pm
      Well, that defeat was hard to take. I've had a F***ing gutsful of people laying into Gerrard, it's doing my head in.

Why mate?

I really don't see why people are so precious about Gerrard.

I love Steven Gerrard as a player but see no reason why he shouldn't be criticised if anyone feels he deserves it.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #686: Sep 21, 2014 02:47:31 pm
      But we were never going to start where we left off last season and hit the ground running without Luis and I'm surprised you thought we would.  There was always going to be a step back until the reformed team took shape, my point was that we have a better starting point when it does take shape in terms of the quality of players we now have and the points total we're already on.

I have been quite consistent in my observations of this team so far this season. Our biggest problem has been our midfield, not our defence, contrary to popular opinion. Last year we had a leaky defence but a midfield capable of feeding the front men thus allowing us to out score opponents. I would not expect us to be terrorising defences like we where at the back end of last season. Even if Luis had stayed and was available for selection, there would still be an early season rust to shake off. What I do expect us to be picking up where we left off is our passing game, our pace, our movement off the ball. This season not only is our defence an even worse shambles than it was last year but our midfield can't string two passes together.  There's a collective lethargy in the team, they're inaccurate, aren't moving off the ball well and they look low on confidence and I do not think it's unreasonable to have expected that to have continued where it left off and I'm surprised you think otherwise.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #687: Sep 21, 2014 02:48:16 pm
      Why mate?

I really don't see why people are so precious about Gerrard.

I love Steven Gerrard as a player but see no reason why he shouldn't be criticised if anyone feels he deserves it.

It could be that BR feels compelled to field him, Gerrard's iconic status is an influence of course but his experience and influence in a game would be a greater priority for Brendan.
      Unfortunately the odd instruction or criticism to his team mates is woefully inadequate and his own contribution is falling short of the standard needed, the player must certainly know it.
      There is an element of scapegoating in some comment in spite of the fact such a huge millstone should never burden Steven Gerrard in the twilight of magnificent and distinguished service to LFC.   
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #688: Sep 21, 2014 03:24:00 pm
      With the exception of Suarez this team is far stronger than last seasons, but it ain't happening on the pitch.....but why
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #689: Sep 21, 2014 03:26:51 pm
      What I do expect us to be picking up where we left off is our passing game, our pace, our movement off the ball. This season not only is our defence an even worse shambles than it was last year but our midfield can't string two passes together.

I'm surprised you think otherwise.

We did fine against Spurs when we had Allen, Coutinho, Sturridge available and Sterling playing where he causes damage, not at right wingback.

That's why I think otherwise.

Quick Reply