Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match vs West Ham (If possible)

Simon Mignolet
      (2.4%)
      Javi Manquillo
      (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      (0%)
      Steven Gerrard (c)
      (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (1.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (3.7%)
      Fabio Borini
      (4.9%)
      Raheem Sterling
      (53.7%)
      Mario Balotelli
      (17.1%)
      Mamadou Sakho (sub)
      (0%)
      Adam Lallana (sub)
      (14.6%)
      Rickie Lambert (sub)
      (2.4%)

West Ham 3 - 1 Liverpool: In Game & Post Game Shambles.

Read 34446 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: West Ham 3 - 1 Liverpool: In Game & Post Game Shambles.
      Reply #690: Sep 21, 2014 03:28:59 pm
      I have been quite consistent in my observations of this team so far this season. Our biggest problem has been our midfield, not our defence, contrary to popular opinion. Last year we had a leaky defence but a midfield capable of feeding the front men thus allowing us to out score opponents. I would not expect us to be terrorising defences like we where at the back end of last season. Even if Luis had stayed and was available for selection, there would still be an early season rust to shake off. What I do expect us to be picking up where we left off is our passing game, our pace, our movement off the ball. This season not only is our defence an even worse shambles than it was last year but our midfield can't string two passes together.  There's a collective lethargy in the team, they're inaccurate, aren't moving off the ball well and they look low on confidence and I do not think it's unreasonable to have expected that to have continued where it left off and I'm surprised you think otherwise.

Spot on mate.The individual mistakes apart, our defence is full of seasoned internationals who are capable of getting into top teams. They look disorganised and repeatedly exposed because they get absolutely no protection. If average players like Downing and Noble can can overrun us and cut through the "defensive" midfield with ease, you have to ask questions.

My other issue is the ever changing line up. That must have been the 5th different team we put out. Some if that is enforced but BR seems to trying to find the best mix of players still.

I'm going to remain positive, the team is full of good players and they will come good. I believe this.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #691: Sep 21, 2014 03:43:09 pm
      Thank God for LvG the week ahead has not been fully ruined.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #692: Sep 21, 2014 03:53:09 pm
      Thank God for LvG the week ahead has not been fully ruined.

And now over to you Crystal Palace.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #693: Sep 21, 2014 05:25:21 pm
      The whole Steve Clarke thing is a none debate for me..

Bringing Steve Clarke back wouldn't have any effect on how we set up or approach games, the manager has his view on the game and until the point he decided to change that approach you can bring anyone you want in to the set up and it would have little difference as they would all be coaching to the managers system. Our manager is a clever bloke and he could set us up differently without a new defensive coach if he wanted to..
      For me there is little point, similar to how Wenger has brought in Bould to replace Rice, Steve Bould, famous member of their back 4, a renowned defensive coach by all reports yet if you listen to Arsenal fans Wenger simply brought him to quieten fan revolt and as a face as he doesn't listen to him and they still make the same mistakes they always have done at the back in recent years.

We need to calm down, let the manager mould these new players and replace Suarez.. It was never going to be seem less for me and the injuries to Sturridge have made it worse.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #694: Sep 21, 2014 07:07:12 pm
      Atleast all the results around us for CL went our way.

Jesus thats miserable
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #695: Sep 21, 2014 08:44:36 pm
      Kill the goose that lays the golden egg, and this is what you get.

75m megastar out. Ross MacCormack+5m replacement in.
      What a F***ing surprise NOT!

Perhaps Johnny Foureyes is hoping we can field 14 players at once with the Luis money.

I think of it like this. Can anyone here name one of Maradona's team mates when he took Napoli to Serie A winners?
      NOPE. And I'm sure hardly anyone could back then, in England or Italy.

We had a thread on the top LFC team of the past 10 yrs. HArdly anyone from last yrs league runners up made the team. THat really says something.

The reason  for this season's sh*t is shouting at us louder than a rocket engine.
      If January came tomorrow it wouldn't be soon enough.
      Problem is, I'm not even sure there'd be any desire to remedy the situation. Probably just a load of sh*t about "Joe Allen and STurridge back and we'll be unbeatable".

Watching some of our performances this season have sickened me. Its like imagining a parallel world in 1981 with Kenny, Souness  and Paisley all upping sticks for Italy. Where is the Liverpool Way of old?
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #696: Sep 21, 2014 08:48:57 pm
      I have been quite consistent in my observations of this team so far this season. Our biggest problem has been our midfield, not our defence, contrary to popular opinion. Last year we had a leaky defence but a midfield capable of feeding the front men thus allowing us to out score opponents. I would not expect us to be terrorising defences like we where at the back end of last season. Even if Luis had stayed and was available for selection, there would still be an early season rust to shake off. What I do expect us to be picking up where we left off is our passing game, our pace, our movement off the ball. This season not only is our defence an even worse shambles than it was last year but our midfield can't string two passes together.  There's a collective lethargy in the team, they're inaccurate, aren't moving off the ball well and they look low on confidence and I do not think it's unreasonable to have expected that to have continued where it left off and I'm surprised you think otherwise.

Our midfield is a formerly athletic hasbeen. Who wasn't a deep midfielder even at his peak. He's there on name only.. and because we have NO EXPERIENCE elsewhere in the team.

Its also a hasbeen crock who would have been sold if anyone would pay his wages.

Its also a solid young PL midfielder who is persistently overhyped by the superfan brigade.

All in all, it struggles to protect the defence, and creates not much at all.

And as for Joe Allen, words fail me. Coutinho looks great when on form, but is currently like a posh Dani Pacheco when he's countered properly.

Take out the creativity, goals AND workrate of Luis and its horrifying how far we have fallen since May.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #697: Sep 21, 2014 08:56:39 pm
      Thank F**k for Palace, Leicester and WBA!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #698: Sep 22, 2014 05:08:10 am
      That was shocking, game plan went right out the window when we conceded so early.

Hard to find many positives from that performance to be honest lads have the chance to makes us forget about this result by twatting Boro.
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #699: Sep 22, 2014 05:36:06 am
      Take out the creativity, goals AND workrate of Luis and its horrifying how far we have fallen since May.

My words. We relied for too long on one man. The team's problems, the failings of manager and players, we chose to ignore them. We had that luxury because Luis was there to win matches all by himself. Thanks to him, we could keep pretending. Well, now he left, and there's no more hiding the awfulness -- it's plain, even a nobody like Fat Sam outsmarts BR the bampot manager.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #700: Sep 22, 2014 05:46:24 am
      My words. We relied for too long on one man. The team's problems, the failings of manager and players, we chose to ignore them. We had that luxury because Luis was there to win matches all by himself. Thanks to him, we could keep pretending. Well, now he left, and there's no more hiding the awfulness -- it's plain, even a nobody like Fat Sam outsmarts BR the bampot manager.

Your constant derision of our current Manager is incredibly idiotic. I have no doubt that you are not a supporter of our club and is trolling here to wind people up. Being sceptical of our current situation is one thing but the way you keep on abusing the gaffer is not acceptable on any level. >:(
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,287 posts | 763 
      Reply #701: Sep 22, 2014 06:41:41 am
      Need to bounce back quick, Everton will be quite a testing game, even though they where beaten at home yesterday. I can see this game being a score draw the way our defence is shaping  nowadays.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #702: Sep 22, 2014 07:02:01 am

Thanks to you I now realize the last season Luis was playing in goal ,defence,midfield and striker
       C'mon we all know that Luis was AMAZING last season, but to say he single handidly nearly won the league for LIVERPOOL
       He scored 31 goals last season,  the others scored over 70 other goals ,still more than all the other teams from 3rd downwards
       Same as you I give big credit to Luis for the great season Liverpool had, but to say he did it by himself is a bit out for me,
       Liverpool  nearly won the title last year and credit goes 1st, to the manager for his explosive type of football he managed to get the team play, 2nd, to ALL the squad including Luis ,
         we did not start as expected this year , thats a fact, but to blame Rodgers for it is a bit too far,  most of the players are a bit off form lately ,hopefully they will regain their form soon, maybe starting from the derby will be great
        YNWA

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #703: Sep 22, 2014 08:22:32 am

Had to look bampot up
       A Scots word referring to a clumsy idiot.
      Aye, yi wee bampot, wan F**k!

Scottish term for a stupid person.
      Ho, you! Ye bam pot!!

bampot n. a crazy person; a fool or dolt

Go support F***ing Celtic or someone, why are you supporting Liverpool fc?
      FUUUCCCCKKKKKK
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #704: Sep 22, 2014 09:28:35 am
      Had to look bampot up
      Aye, yi wee bampot, wan f**k!

Ho, you! Ye bam pot!!

Go support f**king Celtic or someone, why are you supporting Liverpool fc?
      FUUUCCCCKKKKKK

There's no way in the world that lad supports Liverpool

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #705: Sep 22, 2014 10:06:17 am
      Had to look bampot up
      Aye, yi wee bampot, wan F**k!

Ho, you! Ye bam pot!!

Go support F***ing Celtic or someone, why are you supporting Liverpool fc?
      FUUUCCCCKKKKKK

Heard ''bampot'' used in Liverpool more than once.
      Heard the phrase ''F***ing tool'' used a lot more specifically to describe dickheads like the Celtic supporter you reply to.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #706: Sep 22, 2014 10:21:04 am
      Our midfield is a formerly athletic hasbeen. Who wasn't a deep midfielder even at his peak. He's there on name only.. and because we have NO EXPERIENCE elsewhere in the team.

Its also a hasbeen crock who would have been sold if anyone would pay his wages.

Its also a solid young PL midfielder who is persistently overhyped by the superfan brigade.

All in all, it struggles to protect the defence, and creates not much at all.

And as for Joe Allen, words fail me. Coutinho looks great when on form, but is currently like a posh Dani Pacheco when he's countered properly.

Gerrard's age is being used as an excuse for effective opposition tactics. It wouldn't matter if he was 21, if he's being man marked out of the game he's going to have no influence on it. That's where the other midfielders should be picking up the slack, passing the ball around, getting it in to the attack but they're static, they offer no protection covering the defence because they're out run in counter attacks, and they offer no threat going forward because besides their lack of pace, they're inaccurate in their passing and so slow to attempt to get it forward that by the time they do, the line of attack has closed leaving us toothless.

As for Joe Allen, people are suggesting him because for all his faults, he's the only one in the squad with a range of passing that could help Gerrard out in situations where he's being man marked out of the game. He might not be the best but he's the best we have in that position and he could take over responsibility for ball distribution if those tactics are being employed. Again it would give the opposition something to think about. At the end of the day the solution is relatively simply, it's down to Rodgers as manager to effectively counter opposition tactics and our biggest failing as a club so far this season is his inability to do that and it's something he needs to learn fast.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #707: Sep 22, 2014 10:29:14 am
      Why do we keep extending Gerrards contract if it's obvious he's in decline?

Rodgers must absolutely adore the man

New look Xi:

Valdes
      Flanagan  Skrtel  Lovren  Moreno
                              E.Can
                 Hendo           Coutinho
                            Sterling
                   Sturridge   Balotelli

I honestly cannot wait until we replace GK,  DM and one forward position. Balotelli can easily be improved on.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #708: Sep 22, 2014 10:35:11 am

Maybe Brendan values his quality, experience and presense at the Club.  Would you rather he was playing elsewhere or not playing at all?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #709: Sep 22, 2014 10:46:28 am

New look Xi:

Valdes
      Flanagan  Skrtel  Lovren  Moreno
                              E.Can
                 Hendo           Coutinho
                            Sterling
                   Sturridge   Balotelli

I honestly cannot wait until we replace GK,  DM and one forward position. Balotelli can easily be improved on.

Of course it's obvious he's in decline, he's in the last couple of years of his career. The issue is not though whether or not he's as good a player as he was when he was 25 years old, it's whether or not he still has value to the team. If you cannot see that the club is better off with Steven Gerrard in the team/squad/having a contract, then I'm afraid there is no hope for you. At best you are being over emotional and allowing it to cloud your judgement, at worst you are clueless.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #710: Sep 22, 2014 11:19:17 am
      This is in no way a dig at people saying this here, merely interesting to me.
      It's funny how Allen is suddenly becoming the answer to the midfield issues, I've defended the lad before (he's a useful player to have around) and I'm glad people are rating him more and more as time goes by.
      It's just a curiosity how it's turned out that way, him being fundamental in some peoples minds to our problems in midfield.
      Not sure whether it's good or bad to expect him to transform the way the whole team plays.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #711: Sep 22, 2014 11:28:39 am
      It's funny how Allen is suddenly becoming the answer to the midfield issues, I've defended the lad before (he's a useful player to have around) and I'm glad people are rating him more and more as time goes by.
      It's just a curiosity how it's turned out that way, him being fundamental in some peoples minds to our problems in midfield.
      Not sure whether it's good or bad to expect him to transform the way the whole team plays.

When the team is playing as badly as it currently is mate, anybody who isn't in it seems a good option. Kolo Toure will be talked about as a potential leader of the back four if we carry on much longer in this mode, while players such as Suso are being elevated to status way above their importance. FWIW in the case of Allen like you I've backed him all along, and the truth of the matter is we've missed him these last few games. Come to think of it the Kolo Tore one isn't a bad idea either  :lmao:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #712: Sep 22, 2014 11:35:40 am

It's a trend that started a few years back mate, players out injured getting better and better the longer they're out  ;)

That doesn't mean I don't rate Joe because I do and I believe we have missed him, along with Sturridge.

Quick Reply