Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

How big an effect will the Champions league fixtures have?

Read 3938 times
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Re: How big an effect will the Champions league fixtures have?
      Reply #23: Sep 20, 2014 10:57:04 pm
      Looks like Real are beginning to finally find their stride after knocking 8 goals past Deportivo today.

On the total abject way we've been playing lately I can see Real making us look like total chumps when we meet. I can see it being quite embarrassing really.

If we're being ripped apart and exposed by supposed 'lesser' teams, then just imagine what the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, James et al are going to do to us. They're going to get their revenge on us - and then some.

Brendan is so naive and slow in identifying the oppositions tactics and formations and then implementing the changes necessary, it's not funny. He's a stubborn fu*ker who obviously thinks that we can still out-score opponents.

I'm still not convinced that he's even identified his proper starting eleven yet. And with so many players now at his disposal I hope he doesn't fall into the trap of being a 'tinker man'.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #24: Sep 21, 2014 12:02:08 am
      If this is how we play after a Champions League game then god help us.

Ahome tie against the worst team in the group and all.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25: Sep 23, 2014 11:17:03 pm
      We all wanted and prayed for European Cup football last season. Now we have it, I'm not going to knock it.

There should be no effect. We pay our players hundreds of thousands to play 8 extra games before Christmas, compared to the same period last year, and a few extra after it. That should not be a massive issue for them. If it is, they're in the wrong job.

Most people have to work 5-6 days a week without complaint for god knows how many hours, that is tiredness. But I have no time nor tolerance for tiredness from full time professional athletes at the peak of their careers. So get out there and play the game or go home.

This.

Quick Reply