Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Has Brendan spent well this summer?

Read 11739 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Has Brendan spent well this summer?
      Reply #92: Sep 25, 2014 06:41:10 am
      Came on to say just that mate.

I can see why a lot of folk are playing the 'too early to judge' card [this season] but if we all waited 'til it was a fait accompli and used hindsight to answer the opening post... there wouldn't be much discussion (or fun). Think of the crack we had early last season re: Reina/Mignolet.

So, in the spirit of the thread - my answer is No.

We didn't spend well and I would say that the fact most Reds were talking about 'consolidation', rather than titles, before a ball was even kicked, is an indication that (more than would care to admit) think the same too.
      Before we bought a player this summer, consolidation was the most likely best case scenario IMO. We overachieved with the squad we had,  and knowing that our rivals would spend again to improve their already superior squads,  and given the owners we have,  It was unlikely that we would buy the type of players that would push us on.

I would say that given the constraints, Brendan has bought some decent attack minded players. I do have faith that when we have a fully fit squad, we'll find some decent form.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Has Brendan spent well this summer?
      Reply #93: Sep 25, 2014 01:23:27 pm
      Sometimes you just have to accept that you cannot replace a Bugatti Veyron with a Bugatti Veyron. However, if you were to downgrade from your Bugatti, you may decide to buy an Aston Martin instead DB7 instead. It's still a top motor and is likely to give you a rush of adrenaline. However, if you sell your Bugatti and decide to buy a Fiat Panda and an Audi A4, likes are, you are not going to have much fun.

I lost you at the Fiat Panda ............... ;D

Quick Reply