Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Enrique
      5 (5.5%)
      Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      Toure
      0 (0%)
      Sakho
      2 (2.2%)
      Rossiter
      13 (14.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      5 (5.5%)
      Lallana
      45 (49.5%)
      Sterling
      13 (14.3%)
      Lambert
      2 (2.2%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Balotelli
      1 (1.1%)
      Williams
      0 (0%)
      Suso
      5 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: Sep 27, 2014 11:08:49 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Middlesbrough AET (14-13 penalties): In game and Post Match Wha..?

Read 39627 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Middlesbrough AET (14-13 penalties): In game and Post Match Wha..?
      Reply #874: Sep 24, 2014 01:29:19 pm
      How tall and how much does Rossiter weigh?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Middlesbrough AET (14-13 penalties): In game and Post Match Wha..?
      Reply #875: Sep 24, 2014 02:11:19 pm
      Migs  :  Premier League Goalie :  Now in CL.

13 goals ?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #876: Sep 24, 2014 02:12:49 pm
      Migs  :  Premier League Goalie :  Now in CL.

13 goals ?

Better at taking penalties than he is at defending set pieces.

Think some of the young lads have done enough to deserve a place in the squad at the weekend.
      Maybe too early for Rossiter or Williams, given they are 17/18, but Suso definitely should be on the bench.

Lallana has played his way into a starting role, for me.
      Sturridge on the bench maybe?

Mignolet

Manquillo          Skrtel       Lovren         Moreno

Gerrard
                          Henderson                     
                                              Lallana

Sterling                           Borini/Markovic
                                      Balotelli

Jones, Johnson, Sakho, Lucas, Coutinho, Suso, Sturridge

If it's too early for Sturridge then Lambert on the bench.

« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2014 02:25:57 pm by racerx34 »
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #877: Sep 24, 2014 02:34:07 pm
      How tall and how much does Rossiter weigh?

Looked a similar height to Rodgers, but MUCH lighter. Bearing in mind how ripped and surprisingly lightly framed most players are, I'd suspect he's about 10stone 12lbs, give or take a few pounds.

Official reports say 5'10 (I suspect slightly less) and 10stone 4lbs.

So he'll prob end up about normal build, not a Yaya Toure.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #878: Sep 24, 2014 02:50:01 pm
      The performance wasn't very good, but I think how we performed in the penalties was a very very good sign. The fact that our lads showed as much confidence taking those penos is proof they won't get their heads down about a couple of bad results and performances. The same can't be said of some of the ledge-standing posters in this thread :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2014 03:56:26 pm by TheRedMosquito »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #879: Sep 24, 2014 03:14:51 pm
      The performance wasn't very good, but I think how we performed in the penalties was a very very good sign. The fact that our lads showed as much much confidence taking those penos is proof they won't get their heads down about a couple of bad results and performances. The same can't be said of some of the ledge-standing posters in this thread :laugh:

To be fair, those penalties were sublime. Proper class.
      wallbanger 5d
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #880: Sep 24, 2014 03:18:36 pm
      The alarm bells are ringing about the quality of our squad after this game. When the regular players can't score against a championship club. Lets blood some of the youngsters for future games.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #881: Sep 24, 2014 03:52:14 pm
      Once again had a cracking time at a game that wasn't cracking.  Love the City and met a couple of great elder statesmen at the game and a couple of sound Norn Iron lads after and had a good natter with some Liverpool and Everton fans in the pub before l caught my train this afternoon. 

As for the game, I have to say that it worried me that only Kolo, in the back line, really listened to Mignolet, who himself was less than commandful in his box.  His failure to come and collect at times was depressing to watch.

Most of what I wanted to say has already been covered in this thread, I will say it was worrying how few players made themselves available or were willing to take the ball in attacking areas, far too static at times.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #882: Sep 24, 2014 03:57:08 pm
      To be fair, those penalties were sublime. Proper class.

They were outstanding. Only about 2 or 3 of the 27(!!) scored were saveable.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #883: Sep 24, 2014 04:25:27 pm
      Just back from the game.

The negatives:

1) Any other side (City and Chelsea especially) would have taken that ball into the corner or smacked it out of play, passing it backwards into no mans land with 30 seconds left is F***ing stupid no matter how tired you are.

2) Just F***ing shoot Markovic!!

3) Rickie Lambert playing in the midfield for most of the game, if he actually stayed up top we'd have had more space to work in and he'd have got more chances in the area. Needs to do better in terms of hold up play too, he was sloppy and hasn't quite gelled yet.

4) This one will be petty but I was pissed off that Migs wasn't even trying to put off the opposition players in the shootout. No Dudek or Grobelaar style antics.

5) Haven't had a chance to watch the game back yet but whoever lost his man for their goal, F***ing sort it out.

The positives:

1) Adam Lallana was fantastic, a brilliant dribbler with incredible balance, can use both feet and unlocked their defense for the Suso goal. Needs to work on his shooting but otherwise superb.

2) Rossiter was brilliant on the ball, didn't really see him put in too many tackles but when we were in possession he was more or less faultless.

3) Suso. Just Suso. Give him more playing time Brendan!

4) Last but not least, our players having the balls to put away some of the best penalties I've seen. Sakho and Kolo just banged them right in the corner. Love it. Time to show those balls through the 90 minutes against Everton and tw*t them.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #884: Sep 24, 2014 09:53:49 pm
      LIVERPOOL  V SWANSEA next.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #885: Sep 24, 2014 11:23:23 pm
      Just back from the game.

The negatives:

1) Any other side (City and Chelsea especially) would have taken that ball into the corner or smacked it out of play, passing it backwards into no mans land with 30 seconds left is f**king stupid no matter how tired you are.

2) Just f**king shoot Markovic!!

3) Rickie Lambert playing in the midfield for most of the game, if he actually stayed up top we'd have had more space to work in and he'd have got more chances in the area. Needs to do better in terms of hold up play too, he was sloppy and hasn't quite gelled yet.

4) This one will be petty but I was pissed off that Migs wasn't even trying to put off the opposition players in the shootout. No Dudek or Grobelaar style antics.

5) Haven't had a chance to watch the game back yet but whoever lost his man for their goal, f**king sort it out.

The positives:

1) Adam Lallana was fantastic, a brilliant dribbler with incredible balance, can use both feet and unlocked their defense for the Suso goal. Needs to work on his shooting but otherwise superb.

2) Rossiter was brilliant on the ball, didn't really see him put in too many tackles but when we were in possession he was more or less faultless.

3) Suso. Just Suso. Give him more playing time Brendan!

4) Last but not least, our players having the balls to put away some of the best penalties I've seen. Sakho and Kolo just banged them right in the corner. Love it. Time to show those balls through the 90 minutes against Everton and tw*t them.

Where do you live mate getting back home almost 16 hrs after the game!

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #886: Sep 25, 2014 06:34:23 am

Good that its a home game, so 3 on the trot.. Madrid, Hull & Swansea. Would have preferred a late night game on Saturday vs Newcastle, I think that's an afternoon kick-off
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #887: Sep 25, 2014 12:06:36 pm
      Where do you live mate getting back home almost 16 hrs after the game!

Missed my train because the match went on so late so I hit the town then went home the next day. Live in Kent so it takes a good four and a half hours to get back by train or about 6 hours in the car if there's traffic.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #888: Sep 25, 2014 03:37:51 pm
      Missed my train because the match went on so late so I hit the town then went home the next day. Live in Kent so it takes a good four and a half hours to get back by train or about 6 hours in the car if there's traffic.

I was wondering.  I live in the U.S. and I'm pretty sure I might have been able to get home faster, but probably not cheaper.

Quick Reply