Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who will be the winners of the 223rd Merseyside derby?

Liverpool
      71 (77.2%)
      Everton
      3 (3.3%)
      Draw
      18 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Pre Match: Liverpool v Everton, Saturday 27th September 2014 - Anfield, 12:45 pm

Read 8984 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Pre Match: Liverpool v Everton, Saturday 27th September 2014 - Anfield, 12:45 pm
      Sep 24, 2014 01:27:24 pm
      Check me out!!

Maybe a bit soon after last night but ay, its a Derby.

The 223rd Merseyside Derby

Team news to follow.

Referee:
      Martin Atkinson Assistants: M Mullarkey, S Child Fourth Official: K Friend

Big game for us and a big game for the Manager. Quite a few more will be coming out and talking about a crisis if we don't win this one. On the other hand, if we win when we win it could be the kick start that we need this season.

Love nothing more than smashing this lot.

LETS F***ing HAVE IT!

This fixture last season :)

Liverpool 4-0 Everton

And one of my favourite Stevie goals. Said he'd just been hit in the face by a 2p coin thrown by a fan near where he runs past celebrating.

Christ, Everton must hate him. But not nearly as much as I hate them:

45 Steven Gerrard vs Everton September 15th, 2001

F**k the way they're more interested in what we do than they are what they do, f**k Martinez whether he's nice or not, f**k that c**t Kenwright and that smug, twattable grin, f**k the money that they spent on Purple Aki in the Summer, f**k me bird's Dad, in fact f**k Everton and if I found HR's Derby post from a couple of years back I'd tell you quite a few more things Everton to f**k right off.

Bitter tw*ts. Every single one of them. If any of them tell you they want us to win unless its against them don't believe them. They're f**king lying. Just like I do when I say it the other way around to her Dad.

3-0 us!

Important derby info for fans attending
      Liverpool Football Club, Everton Football Club, Liverpool City Council and Merseyside Police are working in partnership to improve fans' access to Anfield ahead of the Merseyside derby on Saturday September 27.

These new measures are being put in place following congestion outside the stadium on Anfield Road at the last Merseyside derby in January 2014.

Liverpool City Council's safety advisory group met after the last derby match to discuss the issue and the group's recommendations will be activated at the upcoming game.

As a result, the following activity will be put in place on Saturday at Anfield stadium:

•Turnstiles will be open from 11am and fans are requested to be inside the stadium by 12:15pm (30 minutes before kick off).

•Any fans arriving after 12.15pm will experience a new queue management system around the stadium to ensure a steady flow of fans entering Anfield.

•Everton stewards will be helping with the operation and will be present at the away turnstiles.

As well as these new measures, all fans should also check their journey for changes as a result of the ongoing regeneration work around Anfield.

The current work and erection of construction hoardings adjacent to the stadium means that pedestrian access via Rockfield Road, Back Rockfield Road and Lothair Road is no longer accessible by foot or vehicle. Fans will be rerouted via Anfield Road and Walton Breck Road.

The disabled drop-off point has also moved and is now situated on Anfield Road at the head of the central reservation of Utting Avenue between Arkles Road and Wylva Road. There are no changes to car parking access and facilities, taxi drop-off points or key bus services including Merseytravel's Soccer Bus and 917 services. The Anfield Road car park will, however, be closed one hour before kick off.

New signage is positioned around the stadium to direct fans and additional stewards and Police officers will be present to help reroute pedestrians and vehicles to minimise disruption.

The routine road closures, Walton Breck Road (10 minutes prior to kick-off) Anfield Road (45 minutes prior to kick-off) will remain in place.

While work is ongoing, Liverpool FC would like to ask fans for their support by keeping to the designated pedestrian access roads and allow extra time to get to the stadium.

Map and key information on the changes can be found here.

For the latest travel information please visit www.merseytravel.com.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Everton, Saturday 27th September 2014 - Anfield, 12:45 pm
      Reply #1: Sep 24, 2014 01:40:59 pm
      Everton are doing pretty badly at the moment and missing Barkley big time. We need to watch out for their overlapping full backs and Lukaku has started well.

I assume from last night's starting 11 that we ll go

Mig
      Manquillo Skrtel Lovren Moreno
      Gerrard
      Henderson Lallana
      Sterling
      Ballotelli Borini

I hope that
      Allen and Sturridge are fit
      Suso and Enrique's performances are rewarded with some game time
      Lucas is rotated with Gerrard in the holding midfield role enough as time goes on
      Coutinho begins to rediscover his form

This is the perfect game for resurrecting our season and I think we ll do well.We beat spurs 3-0 because Allen helped control the midfield and Sturridge ensured Ballo wasn't isolated and we have missed those two big time.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Everton, Saturday 27th September 2014 - Anfield, 12:45 pm
      Reply #2: Sep 24, 2014 01:41:06 pm
      Despite Gerrard's form, I wouldn't drop him for this match, he seems to go up a gear or 2 in these games.

Gerrard
      Henderson Sterling
             Coutinho
       Balotelli  Sturridge/Lallana
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #3: Sep 24, 2014 01:51:32 pm
      Saying it now, let's get out there and tw*t them all over Anfield and prove exactly who's the Pride of Merseyside.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #4: Sep 24, 2014 01:59:54 pm
      First derby in years Im feeling nervous about.

Both teams have started poorly but I think they are playing better football than us at the moment. That aside, its a general rule of thumb that they sh*t themselves playing us.

Id drop Mignolet and have anybody else available to play instead.

So:

Anyone who wants a game

Manquillo                 Skrtel                                 Lovren                  Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson                    Lallana

Sterling                                     Balotelli                                Coutinho
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #5: Sep 24, 2014 02:06:09 pm
      Brendan Rodgers indicated that Sturridge is fit for this game and not a moment too soon. If he is, I can't see a change from the diamond formation with the team being:

Mignolet

Manquilo      Skrtel        Lovren         Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson      Lallana

Sterling

Balotelli         Sturridge

The big question is will Balotelli finish the game? It's been in these kinds of situations that he's traditionally lost his head. Also, whilst not for this game, at some point in the near future I'd like to see Henderson moved to the deep position, Gerrard and Allen in the centre of the diamond, Lallana at the tip and Sterling playing off Sturridge. That would give us a lot of creativity in midfield and Sterling space to run amok in opposition defences.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #6: Sep 24, 2014 03:58:17 pm
      My prediction: Gerrard is going to have a big game. Just what we -- and he -- need and we'll be rolling from here on out.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #7: Sep 24, 2014 04:04:21 pm
      First derby in years Im feeling nervous about.

Both teams have started poorly but I think they are playing better football than us at the moment. That aside, its a general rule of thumb that they sh*t themselves playing us.

Id drop Mignolet and have anybody else available to play instead.

So:

Anyone who wants a game

Manquillo                 Skrtel                                 Lovren                  Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson                    Lallana

Sterling                                     Balotelli                                Coutinho

Overloaded the right flank and left us very vulnerable down the left. ;D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #8: Sep 24, 2014 04:46:47 pm
      Guess Cou is still unfit, I would start Suso behind Mario & Borini with Sterling coming off the bench.

Mignolet
      Manquillo-Skrtel-Lovren-Moreno
      Gerrard
      Henderson-Lallana
      Suso
      Mario-Borini

Subs - Jones, Enrique, Sakho, Lucas, Markovic, Sterling, Lambert

That's assuming Cou & Studge are unavailable. Johnson, Allen & Can still some way off
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2014 05:02:07 pm by Vicks86 »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #9: Sep 24, 2014 05:00:41 pm
      Poll added.

I've not done one for a while as some one complained as to why we do this as, as we all vote for a Liverpool win. We lost that day.

So head vs heart, do they agree, or do the disagree.

Anything but a defeat will do me on my birthday.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #10: Sep 24, 2014 05:08:54 pm
      Just the game we need right now. Bit of passion and fight needed. We can do this. 2-0 Balo and Gerrard.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #11: Sep 24, 2014 05:57:29 pm
      Sorry guys but I think this will end in a draw. I hope that the team prove me wrong!!!

I think we will improve but not in time to have that spark!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12: Sep 24, 2014 06:20:07 pm
      Saying it now, let's get out there and tw*t them all over Anfield and prove exactly who's the Pride of Merseyside.

This. All Day Long.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13: Sep 24, 2014 06:34:04 pm
      4 4 1 1

Mignolet

Manquillo Gerrard Lovern Enrique

Sterling Hendo Suso  Moreno

Lallana

Balotelli

Double up on our flanks and attack them where they think they're least vulnerable the 2 full backs.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #14: Sep 24, 2014 06:52:25 pm
      Come on, who voted Everton in the Dudek?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15: Sep 24, 2014 06:58:13 pm
      I went draw. Reasons being were both awful at the minute and Ive voted win every game so far and the returns have been mixed so if I vote draw we will win, having that?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #16: Sep 24, 2014 07:03:19 pm
      I went draw. Reasons being were both awful at the minute and Ive voted win every game so far and the returns have been mixed so if I vote draw we will win, having that?

Exactly Brian, that what I thought too.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #17: Sep 24, 2014 07:18:22 pm
      Come on, who voted Everton in the Dudek?

I did, the games I voted for a win we lost, trying a new tactic :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #18: Sep 24, 2014 07:27:59 pm
      I did, the games I voted for a win we lost, trying a new tactic :D

Ha ha yep I done that in the predictor thing for last night's game.

Couldn't do that for Everton though such is my hate for that bunch of bitter fuckers.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Sep 24, 2014 08:04:23 pm
      Can't wait :) Would go with:

Migs
      Manquillo Sahko Lovren Moreno
             Gerrard Henderson
      Sterling Coutinho Lallana
                   Ballotelli

If Studge fit, would go:

Migs
      Manquillo Sahko Lovren Moreno
      Sterling Gerrard Henderson Lallana
              Studge  Ballotelli

BIG game.
      Great to win vs. Boro, would've been bit of a body blow to loose it, no matter what anyone thinks of the cup. Did a lot of good for Lallana, he looks to be starting to find some form.
      Wouldn't start Borini or Lucas.  And would have Coutinho on the bench if Studge can play - otherwise, would bring the lad back in, take the risk.
      They'll be fighting, they've had a recent dodgy run too. Expect it to be tight...
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #20: Sep 25, 2014 12:08:45 am
      Reckon it'll end 2-2

Both team have shambolic defences so there will be goals, for sure.

Mignolet, Moreno, Lovren, Skrtel, Manquillo, Gerrard (unfortunately), Hendo, Coutinho, Sterling, Balotelli, Sturridge (if fit)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #21: Sep 25, 2014 01:09:56 am
      So far this season.

W L W L W L W ...
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #22: Sep 25, 2014 01:48:47 am
      So far this season.

W L W L W L W ...

dude... don't do stuff like that unless the next one is supposed to be a W

streaks and trends break all the time... it is about time this one does as well

I want a huge win.  One that makes all doubters shush up and go back into hiding

4-0

Quick Reply