Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who will be the winners of the 223rd Merseyside derby?

Liverpool
      71 (77.2%)
      Everton
      3 (3.3%)
      Draw
      18 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Pre Match: Liverpool v Everton, Saturday 27th September 2014 - Anfield, 12:45 pm

Read 8982 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Pre Match: Liverpool v Everton, Saturday 27th September 2014 - Anfield, 12:45 pm
      Sep 24, 2014 01:27:24 pm
      Check me out!!

Maybe a bit soon after last night but ay, its a Derby.

The 223rd Merseyside Derby

Team news to follow.

Referee:
      Martin Atkinson Assistants: M Mullarkey, S Child Fourth Official: K Friend

Big game for us and a big game for the Manager. Quite a few more will be coming out and talking about a crisis if we don't win this one. On the other hand, if we win when we win it could be the kick start that we need this season.

Love nothing more than smashing this lot.

LETS F***ing HAVE IT!

This fixture last season :)

Liverpool 4-0 Everton

And one of my favourite Stevie goals. Said he'd just been hit in the face by a 2p coin thrown by a fan near where he runs past celebrating.

Christ, Everton must hate him. But not nearly as much as I hate them:

45 Steven Gerrard vs Everton September 15th, 2001

F**k the way they're more interested in what we do than they are what they do, f**k Martinez whether he's nice or not, f**k that c**t Kenwright and that smug, twattable grin, f**k the money that they spent on Purple Aki in the Summer, f**k me bird's Dad, in fact f**k Everton and if I found HR's Derby post from a couple of years back I'd tell you quite a few more things Everton to f**k right off.

Bitter tw*ts. Every single one of them. If any of them tell you they want us to win unless its against them don't believe them. They're f**king lying. Just like I do when I say it the other way around to her Dad.

3-0 us!

Important derby info for fans attending
      Liverpool Football Club, Everton Football Club, Liverpool City Council and Merseyside Police are working in partnership to improve fans' access to Anfield ahead of the Merseyside derby on Saturday September 27.

These new measures are being put in place following congestion outside the stadium on Anfield Road at the last Merseyside derby in January 2014.

Liverpool City Council's safety advisory group met after the last derby match to discuss the issue and the group's recommendations will be activated at the upcoming game.

As a result, the following activity will be put in place on Saturday at Anfield stadium:

•Turnstiles will be open from 11am and fans are requested to be inside the stadium by 12:15pm (30 minutes before kick off).

•Any fans arriving after 12.15pm will experience a new queue management system around the stadium to ensure a steady flow of fans entering Anfield.

•Everton stewards will be helping with the operation and will be present at the away turnstiles.

As well as these new measures, all fans should also check their journey for changes as a result of the ongoing regeneration work around Anfield.

The current work and erection of construction hoardings adjacent to the stadium means that pedestrian access via Rockfield Road, Back Rockfield Road and Lothair Road is no longer accessible by foot or vehicle. Fans will be rerouted via Anfield Road and Walton Breck Road.

The disabled drop-off point has also moved and is now situated on Anfield Road at the head of the central reservation of Utting Avenue between Arkles Road and Wylva Road. There are no changes to car parking access and facilities, taxi drop-off points or key bus services including Merseytravel's Soccer Bus and 917 services. The Anfield Road car park will, however, be closed one hour before kick off.

New signage is positioned around the stadium to direct fans and additional stewards and Police officers will be present to help reroute pedestrians and vehicles to minimise disruption.

The routine road closures, Walton Breck Road (10 minutes prior to kick-off) Anfield Road (45 minutes prior to kick-off) will remain in place.

While work is ongoing, Liverpool FC would like to ask fans for their support by keeping to the designated pedestrian access roads and allow extra time to get to the stadium.

Map and key information on the changes can be found here.

For the latest travel information please visit www.merseytravel.com.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Everton, Saturday 27th September 2014 - Anfield, 12:45 pm
      Reply #1: Sep 24, 2014 01:40:59 pm
      Everton are doing pretty badly at the moment and missing Barkley big time. We need to watch out for their overlapping full backs and Lukaku has started well.

I assume from last night's starting 11 that we ll go

Mig
      Manquillo Skrtel Lovren Moreno
      Gerrard
      Henderson Lallana
      Sterling
      Ballotelli Borini

I hope that
      Allen and Sturridge are fit
      Suso and Enrique's performances are rewarded with some game time
      Lucas is rotated with Gerrard in the holding midfield role enough as time goes on
      Coutinho begins to rediscover his form

This is the perfect game for resurrecting our season and I think we ll do well.We beat spurs 3-0 because Allen helped control the midfield and Sturridge ensured Ballo wasn't isolated and we have missed those two big time.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Everton, Saturday 27th September 2014 - Anfield, 12:45 pm
      Reply #2: Sep 24, 2014 01:41:06 pm
      Despite Gerrard's form, I wouldn't drop him for this match, he seems to go up a gear or 2 in these games.

Gerrard
      Henderson Sterling
             Coutinho
       Balotelli  Sturridge/Lallana
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #3: Sep 24, 2014 01:51:32 pm
      Saying it now, let's get out there and tw*t them all over Anfield and prove exactly who's the Pride of Merseyside.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #4: Sep 24, 2014 01:59:54 pm
      First derby in years Im feeling nervous about.

Both teams have started poorly but I think they are playing better football than us at the moment. That aside, its a general rule of thumb that they sh*t themselves playing us.

Id drop Mignolet and have anybody else available to play instead.

So:

Anyone who wants a game

Manquillo                 Skrtel                                 Lovren                  Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson                    Lallana

Sterling                                     Balotelli                                Coutinho
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #5: Sep 24, 2014 02:06:09 pm
      Brendan Rodgers indicated that Sturridge is fit for this game and not a moment too soon. If he is, I can't see a change from the diamond formation with the team being:

Mignolet

Manquilo      Skrtel        Lovren         Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson      Lallana

Sterling

Balotelli         Sturridge

The big question is will Balotelli finish the game? It's been in these kinds of situations that he's traditionally lost his head. Also, whilst not for this game, at some point in the near future I'd like to see Henderson moved to the deep position, Gerrard and Allen in the centre of the diamond, Lallana at the tip and Sterling playing off Sturridge. That would give us a lot of creativity in midfield and Sterling space to run amok in opposition defences.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #6: Sep 24, 2014 03:58:17 pm
      My prediction: Gerrard is going to have a big game. Just what we -- and he -- need and we'll be rolling from here on out.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #7: Sep 24, 2014 04:04:21 pm
      First derby in years Im feeling nervous about.

Both teams have started poorly but I think they are playing better football than us at the moment. That aside, its a general rule of thumb that they sh*t themselves playing us.

Id drop Mignolet and have anybody else available to play instead.

So:

Anyone who wants a game

Manquillo                 Skrtel                                 Lovren                  Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson                    Lallana

Sterling                                     Balotelli                                Coutinho

Overloaded the right flank and left us very vulnerable down the left. ;D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #8: Sep 24, 2014 04:46:47 pm
      Guess Cou is still unfit, I would start Suso behind Mario & Borini with Sterling coming off the bench.

Mignolet
      Manquillo-Skrtel-Lovren-Moreno
      Gerrard
      Henderson-Lallana
      Suso
      Mario-Borini

Subs - Jones, Enrique, Sakho, Lucas, Markovic, Sterling, Lambert

That's assuming Cou & Studge are unavailable. Johnson, Allen & Can still some way off
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2014 05:02:07 pm by Vicks86 »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #9: Sep 24, 2014 05:00:41 pm
      Poll added.

I've not done one for a while as some one complained as to why we do this as, as we all vote for a Liverpool win. We lost that day.

So head vs heart, do they agree, or do the disagree.

Anything but a defeat will do me on my birthday.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #10: Sep 24, 2014 05:08:54 pm
      Just the game we need right now. Bit of passion and fight needed. We can do this. 2-0 Balo and Gerrard.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #11: Sep 24, 2014 05:57:29 pm
      Sorry guys but I think this will end in a draw. I hope that the team prove me wrong!!!

I think we will improve but not in time to have that spark!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12: Sep 24, 2014 06:20:07 pm
      Saying it now, let's get out there and tw*t them all over Anfield and prove exactly who's the Pride of Merseyside.

This. All Day Long.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13: Sep 24, 2014 06:34:04 pm
      4 4 1 1

Mignolet

Manquillo Gerrard Lovern Enrique

Sterling Hendo Suso  Moreno

Lallana

Balotelli

Double up on our flanks and attack them where they think they're least vulnerable the 2 full backs.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #14: Sep 24, 2014 06:52:25 pm
      Come on, who voted Everton in the Dudek?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #15: Sep 24, 2014 06:58:13 pm
      I went draw. Reasons being were both awful at the minute and Ive voted win every game so far and the returns have been mixed so if I vote draw we will win, having that?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #16: Sep 24, 2014 07:03:19 pm
      I went draw. Reasons being were both awful at the minute and Ive voted win every game so far and the returns have been mixed so if I vote draw we will win, having that?

Exactly Brian, that what I thought too.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #17: Sep 24, 2014 07:18:22 pm
      Come on, who voted Everton in the Dudek?

I did, the games I voted for a win we lost, trying a new tactic :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #18: Sep 24, 2014 07:27:59 pm
      I did, the games I voted for a win we lost, trying a new tactic :D

Ha ha yep I done that in the predictor thing for last night's game.

Couldn't do that for Everton though such is my hate for that bunch of bitter fuckers.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Sep 24, 2014 08:04:23 pm
      Can't wait :) Would go with:

Migs
      Manquillo Sahko Lovren Moreno
             Gerrard Henderson
      Sterling Coutinho Lallana
                   Ballotelli

If Studge fit, would go:

Migs
      Manquillo Sahko Lovren Moreno
      Sterling Gerrard Henderson Lallana
              Studge  Ballotelli

BIG game.
      Great to win vs. Boro, would've been bit of a body blow to loose it, no matter what anyone thinks of the cup. Did a lot of good for Lallana, he looks to be starting to find some form.
      Wouldn't start Borini or Lucas.  And would have Coutinho on the bench if Studge can play - otherwise, would bring the lad back in, take the risk.
      They'll be fighting, they've had a recent dodgy run too. Expect it to be tight...
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #20: Sep 25, 2014 12:08:45 am
      Reckon it'll end 2-2

Both team have shambolic defences so there will be goals, for sure.

Mignolet, Moreno, Lovren, Skrtel, Manquillo, Gerrard (unfortunately), Hendo, Coutinho, Sterling, Balotelli, Sturridge (if fit)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #21: Sep 25, 2014 01:09:56 am
      So far this season.

W L W L W L W ...
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #22: Sep 25, 2014 01:48:47 am
      So far this season.

W L W L W L W ...

dude... don't do stuff like that unless the next one is supposed to be a W

streaks and trends break all the time... it is about time this one does as well

I want a huge win.  One that makes all doubters shush up and go back into hiding

4-0

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #23: Sep 25, 2014 04:31:21 am
      I honestly wouldn't put a bet on any particular result....just not confident to hedge my bet in any direction.
      We are just so disorganized and slow at the moment.
      If none of the unfit players are back then i am particularly concerned.
      All i want is a passionate, quick and controlled performance and not to concede any.

This is exactly the fixture we need to fully see how good or bad we are at the moment.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #24: Sep 25, 2014 06:53:51 am
      Any latest news on our injury list .especially Daniel Sturridge?
       Hoping this will be a bounce back type of game for us
       will be a huge win ,seeing how we started
        to be honest, Mignolet  is my greatest concern at the moment.he is a great goal line keeper, but I think he lacks confidence controlling and commanding all the box, we conceded most goals this season, due to this
       No wonder he is behind the chavs goalie internationally, the latter makes ALL the box his, every game

YNWA
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #25: Sep 25, 2014 08:39:33 am
      Our set pieces, Baines and  Lukaku  :-\
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #26: Sep 25, 2014 09:49:11 am
      Llallana must start.

Lucas and Borini shouldn't start.

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #27: Sep 25, 2014 09:54:43 am
      Can we just skip the 90 minutes and go to penalties ?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Sep 25, 2014 09:55:57 am
      Llallana must start.

Lucas and Borini shouldn't start.

Harsh on Lucas, but no doubt Gerrard will come in to replace him.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #29: Sep 25, 2014 10:03:19 am
      I thought Lucas had a great game the other night. Maybe not right for the derby though.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #30: Sep 25, 2014 02:00:31 pm
      Press Conference is about to start and is free to watch :)

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/171302-free-at-2pm-rodgers-previews-derby-clash

Hopefully we will find out who is available for the game and also time scales on injured players.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #31: Sep 25, 2014 02:21:41 pm
      Sounds like Sturridge is the only one of our injured players who could be in the squad on Saturday.

I'd go with:

Mignolet

Manquillo
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Moreno

Henderson
      Gerrard (c)
      Lallana

Sterling
      Coutinho

Balotelli

Subs: Jones; Sakho, Enrique; Lucas; Suso; Sturridge, Lambert.

2-1 to us, Balotelli and Lambert getting the goals :)
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #32: Sep 25, 2014 03:13:19 pm
      Sounds like Sturridge is the only one of our injured players who could be in the squad on Saturday.

I'd go with:

Mignolet

Manquillo
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Moreno

Henderson
      Gerrard (c)
      Lallana

Sterling
      Coutinho

Balotelli

Subs: Jones; Sakho, Enrique; Lucas; Suso; Sturridge, Lambert.

2-1 to us, Balotelli and Lambert getting the goals :)

I very much doubt that if Sturridge is fit he'll be on the bench. More likely he'll start the game and be taken off after 60 or 70 minutes.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #33: Sep 25, 2014 03:36:23 pm
      I very much doubt that if Sturridge is fit he'll be on the bench. More likely he'll start the game and be taken off after 60 or 70 minutes.

Got a feeling he'll start alongside Mario. BR kinda sounded confident about the recovery time remaining (48 hours). With the Bib pictures, there is a chance Suso might start behind them with Hendo, Lallana & Stevie completing the diamond.

Well that means we have a pretty good bench - 6 out of Sterling, Coutinho, Markovic, Borini, Lambert, Lucas, Sakho, Toure, Enrique and Allen, Can, GJ are still out injured.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Sep 25, 2014 04:22:18 pm
      Already lost two in a row.
      First time it's happened in 2014.
      We must respond this weekend.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35: Sep 25, 2014 04:58:35 pm

Happened right before 2014 with back to back defeats vs City and Chelsea....we then went on an incredible run.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36: Sep 25, 2014 04:59:11 pm
      Happened right before 2014 with back to back defeats vs City and Chelsea....we then went on an incredible run.

Right.
      Let's do this.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #37: Sep 25, 2014 05:00:05 pm

This! Time to make a statement get our season F***ing started!

Buzzing.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #38: Sep 25, 2014 07:09:10 pm
      I cannot contemplate us not winning this. 3-1 to us Balotelli and hopefully Sturridge to score.
      Come on you Redmen, time to show what you're made of!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #39: Sep 25, 2014 07:28:21 pm
      Reckon it will be top game this, really close though, I'm gonna go for a 3-2 win.
      Gerrard (Pen), Lallana and Balotelli to get a late winner.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #40: Sep 25, 2014 08:29:20 pm
       Don't give a toss about from or injuries. Gone for the win because I believe.
       Gonna be tight but I see a blue shirt getting sent off around 60 mins, after going 2 down, and we make it 3 from the resulting pen. You heard it here first from Guru Gerns.  ;D ;D ;D
       We are on the mend !!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #41: Sep 25, 2014 08:52:04 pm
      Still the biggest maker of butterflies in the stomach this game in that 2 minutes before kick off when the teams walk out onto the pitch.

Feeling this is going to be tasty as fook. Fancy a red an all. Im also thinking either Stevie or Lambert will be the hero but It would be equally boss if Borini hit the winner
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #42: Sep 25, 2014 09:03:33 pm
      Only player of theirs that concerns me is Lukaku because he always puts our defence through 90mins of hell.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #43: Sep 25, 2014 09:38:29 pm
      Only player of theirs that concerns me is Lukaku because he always puts our defence through 90mins of hell.

One I'm most looking forward to is how Moreno and Coleman get on with each other, really interesting match-up that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #44: Sep 25, 2014 09:43:45 pm
      One I'm most looking forward to is how Moreno and Coleman get on with each other, really interesting match-up that.

Colemans injured isn't he?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #45: Sep 25, 2014 09:51:37 pm

Yes, he's been confirmed as a doubt...

Everton        ✔ @Everton
      Follow
      Seamus Coleman and Steven Pienaar to be assessed ahead of trip to Anfield. "It's still too soon to tell if they'll be ready," says Martinez.
      9:08 AM - 25 Sep 2014
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #46: Sep 25, 2014 09:56:48 pm

We didn't play like dog sh*t against City and Chelsea though.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #47: Sep 25, 2014 09:58:05 pm

That's what I was thinking. We still played pretty well. Not like west ham and villa with no conviction at all
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #48: Sep 25, 2014 10:00:13 pm

Ah missed that fella, cheers for the update. Certainly be a bonus for us if he does miss the match, still think Moreno could give him plenty to think about.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #49: Sep 25, 2014 10:16:54 pm

Yeah I wanted to forgot that part of it
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #50: Sep 25, 2014 10:55:08 pm
      Mignolet

Manqullio  Lovren  Sakho  Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson  Coutinho

Sterling  Balotelli  Lallana
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #51: Sep 25, 2014 10:56:24 pm
      This will be a fantastic game. I want us to win.. my heart says 3-2 to us. My brain says a 2-2 draw.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #52: Sep 25, 2014 11:03:41 pm
      Mignolet

Gerrard

Henderson  Coutinho

That's probably the starting team assuming Hendo and Coutinho have recovered. Oh and Skrtel will partner Lovren, which after the first 15mins of the West Ham game makes me question Brendan's ability to sort out our defensive problems.
      Sturbridge will come on in the second half to score the winner.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #53: Sep 26, 2014 04:45:45 am
      Mignolet

Gerrard

Henderson  Coutinho

Like this team but I'd replace Cou with Adam (Lallana not Chrlie ;D) and put lazar at LWF, Coutinho on the bench.

Markovic has a poor game lately but I'm all for 'many new players need time to gel' :D. Give the lad a run of games I'm still confident he's an excellent player, atleast from a little I saw in his first game for us.

Predicted a win and entertaining game, COYR.   
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #54: Sep 26, 2014 05:10:26 am
      Blue and white sh*te...blue and white sh*te...hello....hello!!

Dont care who plays or scores just beat the Bitter Blues Redmen!!!!!!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #55: Sep 26, 2014 05:35:52 am
      Balotelli will score a hat-trick to secure a place in Liverpool folklore forever.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #56: Sep 26, 2014 10:16:43 am
      Got offered a last minute ticket for this last night, was sick I couldn't take it! Couple of lads I know got a few.

Super-sub performance from Studge again? Perhaps. I don't think he'll be fit enough to start anyways. If he was, he would have been on the bench against Boro.

Form goes out the window with this one, so it will suit both teams! being at home and with us having lost 2 on the bounce, I would expect a massive response and no better way that beating the closest rivals!!

I think Barkley is out for them also? Naismith is in some great form and will relish playing against Gerrard. On the other hand, if Sterling has a good day, he will love being up against Baines IMO, who has regressed since he never got his move up the M62.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #57: Sep 26, 2014 11:49:29 am
      Mignolet; Manquillo, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno; Gerrard, Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho; Sterling, Balotelli.

Definitely a must win this, think Balotelli will do the damage. 2-0.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #58: Sep 26, 2014 12:02:31 pm
      Our season starts here.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #59: Sep 26, 2014 12:41:22 pm
      And one of my favourite Stevie goals. Said he'd just been hit in the face by a 2p coin thrown by a fan near where he runs past celebrating.

I f*cking love that, my favourite derby goal too. That was Stevie at his best and I remember that goal shut the bitters up, they were being well cocky before the game. Bunch of bitter nobodies who love watching us fail and spread their unhealthy dose of bitterness to every creature they come into contact with.

This is a tricky game, all form goes out the window as we know and we look vulnerable at the back, but...IT'S THE F*CKING DERBY, F*CKING AVE THESE C***S!!!!
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #60: Sep 26, 2014 12:44:16 pm
      It is a bit worrying that so much is riding on this match. But there you go, we have lost 3 times and played awful all season bar Spurs. So this is exactly the right match to get us going.....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #61: Sep 26, 2014 01:12:26 pm
      So far this season.

W L W L W L W ...

Can we call Tuesday a draw so that a  W would be next on our form graph! :)
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #62: Sep 26, 2014 02:40:50 pm
      I'm nervous about this one....  We haven't hit our stride yet and we really need a run of good results to help build confidence.  On the flip side, Everton's defense has been more sh*te than ours, so that gives me hope.  Even so, derby matches are typically unpredictable affairs and that worries me.  I won't even bother with predicting a lineup or score.  Just want us to grab the 3 points by any means necessary. 

The one thing I will say is that if Studge is fit, then he has to start.  If he only has 45 minutes in him then take him off at half time, but we need him on the pitch for as long as he can make it. 
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #63: Sep 26, 2014 03:26:58 pm
      Biggest game of the season (thus far) a win could really kickstart our season whilst a loss would be another major setback.
      Both of our defences seem very vulnerable so far this season so it could be interesting how both teams set up, but rather than an intense tactical battle we all know that these games often come down for the hunger to win and I think (hope) that we will come out stronger.

James Pearce said earlier on the Echo site that 10 out of the 11 are nailed on (Mig,Manq,Skrtel,Lovren,Moreno,Gerrard,Hendo,Lallana,Sterling,Balo) so it seems the last place is up between Markovic, Coutinho, Borini, Suso and Lucas.

Personally I'd go with Markovic, whilst he hasnt been too impressive yet I feel there was a few glimpses v Middlesborough what he's capable of, although he was just making the wrong decisions on the final touch.

Mignolet
                      Manquillo     Skrtel     Lovren    Moreno
                                              Gerrard
                                     Henderson   Lallana
                                   Markovic            Sterling
                                              Balotelli

Jones; Toure, Enrique, Sakho; Lucas; Coutinho; Sturridge

On paper it looks like a goal-fest but I'm going for 2-1 - Balotelli x2
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #64: Sep 26, 2014 04:38:02 pm
      would it be too controversial to say drop gerrard for this one? i know he'd want to play more than ever for obvious reasons, but my angle is that it doesn't make tactical sense.

we're at home in a derby against a side who is playing faster, more attacking football under martinez. gerrard's form hasn't been good and he's been lethargic. i know he was rested mid-week, probably with the derby in mind, but i'd rather play lucas as he's a bit quicker and better efensively than gerrard. in terms of attacking midfielders, we have plenty of firepower, but dm is our weak spot at mo.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #65: Sep 26, 2014 05:06:19 pm
      With Skrtel's history of being dominated by a big strong foward I hope Lovren is the man to pick up Benteke.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #66: Sep 26, 2014 05:09:34 pm
      would it be too controversial to say drop gerrard for this one? i know he'd want to play more than ever for obvious reasons, but my angle is that it doesn't make tactical sense.

we're at home in a derby against a side who is playing faster, more attacking football under martinez. gerrard's form hasn't been good and he's been lethargic. i know he was rested mid-week, probably with the derby in mind, but i'd rather play lucas as he's a bit quicker and better efensively than gerrard. in terms of attacking midfielders, we have plenty of firepower, but dm is our weak spot at mo.

Controversial no. Silly yes. Stevie has been below his standard so far this season but if he is ever going to perform and give his all the Merseyside derby is when he will do it. 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #67: Sep 26, 2014 05:13:40 pm
      Other way round isn't it Silly No but would be controversial YES.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #68: Sep 26, 2014 05:28:47 pm
      Other way round isn't it Silly No but would be controversial YES.

No it wouldn't be that controversial as I don't think Stevie at 34 and in current form can be expected to start every game. But he generally always performs in derby games so it would be silly to drop him for this one.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #69: Sep 26, 2014 05:30:16 pm
      With Skrtel's history of being dominated by a big strong foward I hope Lovren is the man to pick up Benteke.

I think you means Lukaku mate or I missed something :)
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #70: Sep 26, 2014 08:14:44 pm
      If Gerrard and Lucas start together, then forget about any result.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #71: Sep 26, 2014 08:15:20 pm
      Is Joe Allen back? This is a question I've been asking all week - I haven't heard a thing.

If he isn't, again, forget about a result.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #72: Sep 26, 2014 08:19:01 pm
      Is Joe Allen back? This is a question I've been asking all week - I haven't heard a thing.

If he isn't, again, forget about a result.

Haven't heard much team news at all this week to be honest mate.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #73: Sep 26, 2014 09:46:40 pm
      Mignolet

Gerrard

Henderson  Coutinho

Yep, I think that would be my pick too mate.... assuming Sturridge is not ready.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #74: Sep 26, 2014 10:02:08 pm
      Haven't heard much team news at all this week to be honest mate.

last I read Can -Allen-Flanagan are surely unavailable
       Coutinho a serious doubt
       johnson and Sturridge are available

Don't know how accurate this is
      here is the link I read that
      http://www.kickoff.co.uk/25745/is-sturridge-fit-will-he-partner-balotelli-in-attack-liverpool-potential-line-up-v-everton/

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #75: Sep 26, 2014 11:07:39 pm
      I think you means Lukaku mate or I missed something :)

;D of course mate, sometimes when I'm  peeking into the forum on my phone while at work my brain goes hay wire.
      Mind you some would say its most of the time!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #76: Sep 26, 2014 11:25:50 pm
      We are going to win this match 2-0! Just wait and see!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #77: Sep 26, 2014 11:27:36 pm
      We are going to win this match 2-0! Just wait and see!

Only 2? Reckon we should do the 4 again ;)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #78: Sep 26, 2014 11:31:59 pm
      Going for a 2 -2 draw in this game, defence the main concern. I hope the Reds prove me wrong and we beat the Blues 3 - 0.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #79: Sep 26, 2014 11:57:49 pm
      3-2 to us of course!

Just get the win & three points. ;)
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #80: Sep 27, 2014 12:08:42 am
      RODGERS!!!! PLAY HENDO IN LUCAS'S POSITION AND PLAY SUSO AHEAD!!!!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IF GERRARD AND LUCAS START, WE ARE fu**ed!!!!!

PLEASE HAVE MERCY!!!!!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #81: Sep 27, 2014 05:03:34 am
      Everton looks decent going forward but they have a slow and weak midfield and defence. Apply maximum pressure on their midfield and defence and we'll come away with a win. Pump as many crosses into their box, their defence and goalkeeper looks vulnerable.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #82: Sep 27, 2014 07:30:24 am
      if we play high intensity pressing and quick breaks we will be fine but if it becomes slow and lethargic we will get punished especially set pieces . Mignolet has lost control of his box Boros goal a classic example pushing the defence out so the ball wouldnt be put on him what he didnt reakize was he was just making more space to put the ball in classic example of a keeper short on confidence. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #83: Sep 27, 2014 10:54:01 am
      If we a) play with any sort of intensity, b) play with anything which even resembles defensive discipline and c) play with a forward who 'gets behind' defenders - we will hand this sh*t a lesson in football.  >:D
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #84: Sep 27, 2014 10:56:40 am
      21% voted towards a draw. The confidence amongst Liverpool supporters is relatively low. On the Everton Forum their poll actually favours us. Neither set of fans are confident going into this game, given our shoddy results. Should be an interesting game with goals.

Question is, not how many goals will there be, but how many goals will be scored as a result of defensive cock ups?
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #85: Sep 27, 2014 10:59:18 am
      Coutinho will not be playing, he wants to but he has a slight strain and Brendan will not chance him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #86: Sep 27, 2014 11:05:47 am
      12-0 to the redmen.

YNWA
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #87: Sep 27, 2014 11:07:36 am
      3 pages for a Derby match. Crikey!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #88: Sep 27, 2014 11:23:17 am
      3 pages for a Derby match. Crikey!

17 pages for Liverpool - Chelsea last season..
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #89: Sep 27, 2014 11:24:18 am
      Went for the draw in the prediction  hoping for better, always a special day for me the derby was the last game i went to with my mate before the big c got him, look in on us mikey lad and shine down for us.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #90: Sep 27, 2014 11:24:56 am
      see us conceeding first in this one. But expect an easy match for the Redmen.

Expect Balo to be unleashed here. Hattrick anyone???

4-1 to the redmen.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #91: Sep 27, 2014 11:39:14 am
      Win here would really help morale, good performance would really help confidence, let's have both lads please!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #92: Sep 27, 2014 11:39:27 am
      No Phil then?

I guess Lucas will play in the three with Hendo as I don't see Brendan risking Lallana beside Hendo.

Gerrard

Lucas  Henderson

I'd chance it if it was me and go like this

Gerrard

Henderson  Lallana

Markovic  Balotelli  Sterling
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #93: Sep 27, 2014 11:42:24 am
      This is a big big game in terms of our season, we really need to get some momentum and scoring goals. I imagine it will be a very nervy game with us just nicking it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #94: Sep 27, 2014 11:45:12 am
      All players should be fired up for this,  I'm a bit worried if I'm honest and certainly not as confident as before,

Losing is not an option I want to consider but if we're not at the races today I fear the worst,
                              Mignolet
        Manquillo Skrtel Lovren Moreno
                               Gerrard
              Henderson.            Coutinho
                Sterling.                  Lallana
                               Ballotelli

I'd love to see Sturridge come off the bench at some point maybe around the hour mark, last thing we need is to rush him back,  going to be a rough ride me thinks but can see us scraping thru with a 2-1 win, Balo & Sterling bagging the goodies,

f***in blueshite, forever in our shadow,

C'mon Redmen,  let's smash these kunt's,

YNWA

Quick Reply