Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

22. Mignolet
      (0%)
      19. Manquillo
      (0%)
      37. Skrtel
      (0%)
      6. Lovren
      (2%)
      18. Moreno
      (5%)
      8. Gerrard
      (11.9%)
      14. Henderson
      (5%)
      20. Lallana
      (68.3%)
      50. Markovic
      (0%)
      31. Sterling
      (5.9%)
      45. Balotelli
      (1%)
      10. Coutinho
      (1%)
      9. Lambert
      (0%)
      Other...
      (0%)

Liverpool 1-1 Everton: In-game & post-match "..."

Read 33317 times
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Everton: In-game & post-match "..."
      Reply #299: Sep 27, 2014 05:41:56 pm
      we have problem whit realization. 24 shoots only one goal. Once we sort this out we'll get back on track.

Lallana was great today. To bad his effort was not rewarded whit a three points
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #300: Sep 27, 2014 05:42:03 pm
      My ratings:

Mignolet: No chance with the goal but did seem glued to his line when Skrtel was shepherding it back on one occasion. 6/10.

Manquillo: Played his part in a solid defensive display, liked him today. 7/10.

Lovren: I thought he was excellent. Read it well to get back first half and clear Baines's cross. Then won a fantastic header in the dying seconds which unfortunately fell to Jagielka. 8/10.

Skrtel: Straight back in despite Sakho playing very well midweek. Justified his selection with a solid performance. 7/10

Moreno: Good going forward but occasionally impetuous in defence. Could have been a costly free kick he gave away at 93 mins. 6/10.

Henderson: His adjustment of role helped him, with the play always being in front of him. Took on the Gerrard quarterback role well with some good distribution, then pressed it well when swapping with the captain. 8/10.

Gerrard: Put the silliness to bed with an excellent display. Revelled in Brendan's tactical adjustment. 8/10.

Markovic: A little disappointing but he'll get better. 5/10.

Sterling: Wasn't played in his strongest position (which is 10 in my view), but still did well. He's at that point now where you expect miracles, when he just plays well you're disappointed. 7/10.

Lallana: Excellent all the way through. I'd have loved to see him play with Suarez, and hopefully when Sturridge comes back they'll hit it off. Loads of energy, great skill, unlucky with the header and my MOM. 9/10.

Balotelli: Some good and some bad. I personally didn't care for the play-acting or the 40 yard shots, also should have scored with the header, but was unlucky not to get the second when it clipped Howard's shoulder. Tried but must do better. 6/10.

Coutinho: Was excellent when he came on, and DID play more like a Xavi than an Aimar, resisting the urge to split the defence every time he got it. I've a feeling that it's as a playmaker, the go to guy that is always on the ball and dictates the flow of the play that we'll see him at his best. Kind of Joe Allen with bells on. 7/10.

Lambert: not on long enough to rate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #301: Sep 27, 2014 05:42:14 pm
      Baffles me too, but some people here still feel that he must be given more time when he under performed game after game and we continue to drift towards the wrong end of the table. Age and new to a foreign land  for not performing are lame excuses, he's a Serbian international for goodness sake, he has simply underperformed.

A simple question for everyone, do you think Markovic is good enough to withstand against the physical EPL teams?

How can you ask that question after a handful of games. It's not his fault he was signed for £20M, BR must see something in him in training to keep picking him. Just give him a F***ing chance.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #302: Sep 27, 2014 05:46:45 pm
      Like I said earlier; once Markovic gets up to speed with the errr...speed of the Prem, I think we'll see a different player.

EDIT: But right now, he's sh*te
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2014 06:02:39 pm by Rush »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #303: Sep 27, 2014 05:48:03 pm
      Thought the same Stu ;D at one point the camera went on them and the owl was talking to Rushy and it was like he'd been sat next to a c**t at a wedding.

Hahaha and we're not talking about the groom either mate.

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #304: Sep 27, 2014 05:48:37 pm
      Balotelli should focus on playing well and scoring goals, not on some fooking haircut.

Who is next on your list?
       first a go at BR, now on Balotelli,  every one here is frustrated how the bitters scored in injury time with a one-in-a million strike,to pinch a draw
        Yes,maybe we should have closed the game  with the chances we had,  but it wasn't to be,
        YNWA

But to
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Everton
      Reply #305: Sep 27, 2014 05:55:23 pm
      Brendan out you f**king c**t , always sitting deep when leading, like we are a relegation team, worked last season when the luck , solely the luck saved us. See the games vs norwich, west ham, sunderland

F**k me you need shooting. F***ing moron.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #306: Sep 27, 2014 06:02:22 pm
      Barry could and should have also been sent off 3 or 4 times in that first half, clear cut penalty but nooooo, ref bottled it.

Normally I have little time for managers criticising the ref but today Brendan would have been absolutely justified to do so.

It was an absolute disgrace that Barry remained on the pitch - he committed at least three clear yellow card offences during the match and other debatable ones.

We would be in a much stronger position to protest had we hung onto the one-nil lead. Sickening all round.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #307: Sep 27, 2014 06:05:11 pm
      ... dont look   ... but in all their dysfunctional state,  the Scum sit one point and three places above us.

That was then but this is now  ......  make that five places.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #308: Sep 27, 2014 06:19:39 pm

Fair enough but they have had the easiest run in the Prem so far.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #309: Sep 27, 2014 06:20:44 pm

They've played no one yet, and they were fortunate today. They don't look a cohesive unit at all, we did at least play a lot better generally today.
      I trust Brendan to get us all singing from the same hymn sheet, sooner rather than later.
      It's a marathon rather than a sprint!

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #310: Sep 27, 2014 06:21:06 pm
      My ratings:

Mignolet: No chance with the goal but did seem glued to his line when Skrtel was shepherding it back on one occasion. 6/10.

Manquillo: Played his part in a solid defensive display, liked him today. 7/10.

Lovren: I thought he was excellent. Read it well to get back first half and clear Baines's cross. Then won a fantastic header in the dying seconds which unfortunately fell to Jagielka. 8/10.

Skrtel: Straight back in despite Sakho playing very well midweek. Justified his selection with a solid performance. 7/10

Moreno: Good going forward but occasionally impetuous in defence. Could have been a costly free kick he gave away at 93 mins. 6/10.

Henderson: His adjustment of role helped him, with the play always being in front of him. Took on the Gerrard quarterback role well with some good distribution, then pressed it well when swapping with the captain. 8/10.

Gerrard: Put the silliness to bed with an excellent display. Revelled in Brendan's tactical adjustment. 8/10.

Markovic: A little disappointing but he'll get better. 5/10.

Sterling: Wasn't played in his strongest position (which is 10 in my view), but still did well. He's at that point now where you expect miracles, when he just plays well you're disappointed. 7/10.

Lallana: Excellent all the way through. I'd have loved to see him play with Suarez, and hopefully when Sturridge comes back they'll hit it off. Loads of energy, great skill, unlucky with the header and my MOM. 9/10.

Balotelli: Some good and some bad. I personally didn't care for the play-acting or the 40 yard shots, also should have scored with the header, but was unlucky not to get the second when it clipped Howard's shoulder. Tried but must do better. 6/10.

Coutinho: Was excellent when he came on, and DID play more like a Xavi than an Aimar, resisting the urge to split the defence every time he got it. I've a feeling that it's as a playmaker, the go to guy that is always on the ball and dictates the flow of the play that we'll see him at his best. Kind of Joe Allen with bells on. 7/10.

Lambert: not on long enough to rate.

Sorry mate, but after reading those ratings, you would have thought that we won 4-1 or something.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #311: Sep 27, 2014 06:23:45 pm
      Sorry mate, but after reading those ratings, you would have thought that we won 4-1 or something.

Fair enough, but I thought we played pretty well. If Jagielka's shot goes into row Z as it normally would, everyone would have a completely different view on the way we played.

Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #312: Sep 27, 2014 06:24:54 pm

To be fair with much better finishing we could easily have won 4-1.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #313: Sep 27, 2014 06:25:12 pm
      He is a 20yr old starting his third game in a new country, team give him a break it will take time, remember Raheem at the beginning of last season!!

He cost £20m. Regardless of age, for that price I'd expect him to hit the ground running. He's not been average, he's been poor. Quite a difference.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #314: Sep 27, 2014 06:26:15 pm
      Just finished watching it on the recording. Gutted.

Bout all there is to say for me.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #315: Sep 27, 2014 06:29:57 pm
      Fair enough, but I thought we played pretty well. If Jagielka's shot goes into row Z as it normally would, everyone would have a completely different view on the way we played.

True, but that was the danger of not extending your lead. Although we were the better team, we have to try and hurt teams on the break more like we did last season. It's a painful result imo. Never want to drop points against Everton.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #316: Sep 27, 2014 06:36:27 pm
      He cost £20m. Regardless of age, for that price I'd expect him to hit the ground running. He's not been average, he's been poor. Quite a difference.
      He's been average, but surprise you are overreacting again as usual.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #317: Sep 27, 2014 07:13:31 pm
      With a better striker we would have won at a canter but why oh why do we always sit back when we are leading, Wake the F**k up Brendan, it's not a good tactic, so stop doing it!

All in all a much better display from the lads and I have confidence that when Sturridge is back we'll become the deadly force again.
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #318: Sep 27, 2014 07:23:15 pm
      With a better striker we would have won at a canter but why oh why do we always sit back when we are leading, Wake the f**k up Brendan, it's not a good tactic, so stop doing it!

All in all a much better display from the lads and I have confidence that when Sturridge is back we'll become the deadly force again.

Agree, a much better performance, and while we may be a deadly force again once Sturridge is back, my main concern is that he's injury prone and we cannot rely on him alone. We need to spread the goals more throughout the team.
      Sturridge will, I am sure get us 20 a season but we need others to step up to the plate more. Life after Luis is proving tougher than many of us thought, the players have come to rely on him getting and making goals. They need to realise the baton has passed to them, we always said we were not a one man team, well now is the time to prove it!

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #319: Sep 27, 2014 07:47:33 pm
      How can you ask that question after a handful of games. It's not his fault he was signed for £20M, BR must see something in him in training to keep picking him. Just give him a f**king chance.

How many games does he need to come good, 38? By that time, we'll most probably be relegated. Please take a good look at where we are in the table, we're about 4 or 5 from the drop zone and if he continues to razzle dazzle on the pitch without any real intent and purpose, I might as well quickly convert Moreno into an attacking midfielder. At least Moreno knows where and when to hurt the opposition.

You are an extremely patient person and most probably will give Markovic 38 games to come good and I'm the opposite, we obviously have different tolerance level and let's keep it that way.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #320: Sep 27, 2014 08:07:21 pm
      I think we need to accept we let a truly world class player go who also had a desire to win that you really do not see that much in any sport. We also have missed Daniel and now it seems we are so dependant on Daniel and Raheem.This is going to be a difficult season
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #321: Sep 27, 2014 08:22:37 pm
      surely if trying to close a game down you put a defender on or at least someone who is gonna hurry and press people basically run your ass off for 5 mins so i ask why oh why at one stage did Lallana run all across their back 4 after running around for 90 mins and lambert nowhere ??

Quick Reply