Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

22. Mignolet
      (0%)
      19. Manquillo
      (0%)
      37. Skrtel
      (0%)
      6. Lovren
      (2%)
      18. Moreno
      (5%)
      8. Gerrard
      (11.9%)
      14. Henderson
      (5%)
      20. Lallana
      (68.3%)
      50. Markovic
      (0%)
      31. Sterling
      (5.9%)
      45. Balotelli
      (1%)
      10. Coutinho
      (1%)
      9. Lambert
      (0%)
      Other...
      (0%)

Liverpool 1-1 Everton: In-game & post-match "..."

Read 33389 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Everton: In-game & post-match "..."
      Reply #368: Sep 29, 2014 10:01:49 am
      We slaughtered them in the same fixture last yr. Yes we weren't dismal like some of our recent games. But so what, we DREW with this monkey team. Team without a soul. Bet Henry's sitting on his yacht chuckling to himself, thinking "grounds still full, champs lge revenue, Suarez money for the stand, I don't see a problem". To me and most suppoorters I spk to, the Liverpool of old no longer exists. We used to talk about crisis being 2nd, or 3rd. If we finish 5th, you can bet some people will sugar coat the sh*t. Unless Sterling and Sturr seriously step it up for us together, I could see another 5 yrs in the wilderness. And God knows what after that.

We all see the problem.
      Sturridge got two goals in the corresponding fixture last season.
      Suarez got one.

People continually go on about Suarez.
      Sturridge is just as big a loss.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,498 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #369: Sep 29, 2014 10:05:41 am
      I think it's about time now some posters stopped crapping all over other posters just because they have a more negative outlook than them

I mean that's life, that's people. Attack the post by all means but don't get personal and attack the poster just  because he's/she's all doom and gloom for some reason.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #370: Sep 29, 2014 10:17:21 am
      I think it's about time now some posters stopped crapping all over other posters just because they have a more negative outlook than them

I mean that's life, that's people. Attack the post by all means but don't get personal and attack the poster just  because he's/she's all doom and gloom for some reason.

Hey, don't attack the people that are attacking the people that are attacking the owners, or something.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #371: Sep 29, 2014 10:18:50 am
      Look like a team still learning to play together, but I've seen enough to think that it will come good.  Just need a little patience.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #372: Sep 29, 2014 10:19:08 am

Hear what you're saying although posters continually crapping all over LFC will provoke a reaction.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #373: Sep 29, 2014 10:19:53 am
      Look like a team still learning to play together, but I've seen enough to think that it will come good.  Just need a little patience.

and a lot of Sturridge.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,498 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #374: Sep 29, 2014 10:23:14 am
      Hear what you're saying although posters continually crapping all over LFC will provoke a reaction.
      That's fair enough. I just get a bit ticked off when someone's shouted down because their views differ from another's

sh*t, I guess that too is just life :D
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #375: Sep 29, 2014 10:26:04 am
      ah yes, when my monday mornings aren't depressing enough, i can always rely on you to top it up.

i imagine that's exactly what henry is doing because you know, successful businessmen love watching their ventures falter. great analysis.

moving on...i still believe this team is much much better than the results suggest so far. will come good.

Its very well documented, footballing success and financial success are VERY different things.
      There's many examples of asset strippers or just plain cheapskates profiting handsomely without ever a trophy being won.
      Henry's heroes, Arsenal are a good example of that.

The mods are about the only people that are following your negativity.
      For Jesus sake support the club instead of constantly sniping at it's very base.

I'm supporting the CLUB. The traditions, the values, the community, the ambitions and expectation.
      You're supporting the "brand" - a company with Liverpool logos, designed to profit at the highest levels, and relegate EVERYTHING to tacky forms of profit and loss.
      I'm an optimist, I think we can become a great club again.
      You are pessimist, you suggest we must stomach also-ran, sell to buy, selling club, struggle for 4th, be happy with 6th.

Reality is, we've been sh*t this season. S and S *might* be able to do something. But what happens next? Some spiel about "Raheem Sterling isnt bigger than the club" and another 50m in Henry's pocket from Real Madrid? Isn't it time to stop whats wrong at L4?
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #376: Sep 29, 2014 10:30:40 am
      We all see the problem.
      Sturridge got two goals in the corresponding fixture last season.
      Suarez got one.

People continually go on about Suarez.
      Sturridge is just as big a loss.

Sturridge got goals, often a result of the space and passing and threat of Suarez.
      Suarez was more goals, assists, workrate, threat, everything.

I dont think I've come aross anyone else who thought Sturr's contribution was of the same level as Suarez over the season.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #377: Sep 29, 2014 10:34:29 am
      Sturridge got goals, often a result of the space and passing and threat of Suarez.
      Suarez was more goals, assists, workrate, threat, everything.

I dont think I've come aross anyone else who thought Sturr's contribution was of the same level as Suarez over the season.

That's what happens when you sell somebody who was the best player in the world last season.

linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #378: Sep 29, 2014 10:46:43 am
      Only saw the highlights, but we looked like the better team. Balo should have scored that ball from Sterling, doesn't happen and we get punished by a wonderful strike from Jagielka. Let's just hope that Sturridge will be back next week and we'll start smashing teams again!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #379: Sep 29, 2014 10:53:35 am
      Its very well documented, footballing success and financial success are VERY different things.
      There's many examples of asset strippers or just plain cheapskates profiting handsomely without ever a trophy being won.

I'm supporting the CLUB. The traditions, the values, the community, the ambitions and expectation.
      You're supporting the "brand" - a company with Liverpool logos, designed to profit at the highest levels, and relegate EVERYTHING to tacky forms of profit and loss.
      You are pessimist, you suggest we must stomach also-ran, sell to buy, selling club, struggle for 4th, be happy with 6th.

Reality is, we've been sh*t this season. S and S *might* be able to do something. But what happens next? Some spiel about "Raheem Sterling isnt bigger than the club" and another 50m in Henry's pocket from Real Madrid? Isn't it time to stop whats wrong at L4?

Bullshit for the most part, can't be arsed dissecting it.
      What would you suggest - a football Utopia?
      A billionaire owner who fucks off and leaves us stranded?
      Didn't see you on these boards when H&G were bankrupting the club and FSG battled them in the courts.
      All I see is negativity, misplaced for the most part and your septic personal opinion thrown in for good measure.
      Little wonder you are on a final warning from the moderators.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #380: Sep 29, 2014 11:03:31 am

I am a ''pessimist'' who has supported this club all my life, perched on my uncle's shoulders on the Kop as a child and watched this ''selling club'', ''also ran'' and ''happy with 6th'' win 5(five) European Cups.
      Loved every F***ing day of being a ''pessimist'' and supporting the best team on the planet.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #381: Sep 29, 2014 11:21:02 am
      Its very well documented, footballing success and financial success are VERY different things. There's many examples of asset strippers or just plain cheapskates profiting handsomely without ever a trophy being won.Henry's heroes, Arsenal are a good example of that.

Disagree. Whilst Arsenal example is a decent one, the alternative is that success on the pitch brings financial rewards in abundance hence they are very much intrinsically linked. What really gets me with people who constantly come up with your kind of argument is that they don't offer credible alternatives. What you seem to propose is we have owners who will spend spend spend. We're not Citeh or Chavski so we can't do that. We donā€™t have a billionaire who will write off huge debts for us. You have constantly banged on about how we haven't replaced Luis with world class players, and yet when it's been pointed out that players like Sanchez and Falcao were pursued but were not interested in coming here, you've gone quiet. Sanchez wanted to live in London and Falcao wanted 200k p/w (we would have to foolish to sign into that kind of contract), but these donā€™t suit your arguments so Iā€™m sure you will dismiss those.

Youā€™ve also kept going about how we are as big a club as the others, yet looking at our revenues tells a different story from a financial sense. You seem to dismiss that out of hand as well. Whether we like it or not, FFP is happening and we have to live within our means and we cannot compete financially with some others, that is not to say I donā€™t want top class players coming here, but that if they cost astronomical figures which upset the wage structure and cause us to fall foul of FFP rules resulting in same fines that City received, clearly we need to be more sensible.

Iā€™m sure you will have some condescending, negative response already formulating in your mind, but itā€™s not going to give weight to your argument that we didnā€™t buy the right players and we didnā€™t spend enough money. You just constantly spread your unhealthy dose of cynicism and negativity, which you mask as having ā€œa viewā€. Bulls*t. People are entitled to their opinions, but when those opinions have no base, are unhelpful, donā€™t contribute any insight into what really happened in the Everton game instead of using every opportunity to blame the owners for everything ever, they need to be called out.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #382: Sep 29, 2014 07:29:28 pm
      I think it was supposed to be 'Post match oh F**k !' I thought at times we were in cruise control during the game, and bitters never really looked like scoring. Terrific strike, but only when they hit the back of the net, and more often than not, it's lost ball off down the street.
      One criticism I have, is like the start of last season, we got ahead, then dropped deeper and deeper inviting the opposition on to us. Thats pretty much what happened on Sat, and I think had we got at them a bit more, they wouldn't have had the bottle to swarm forward like they did. We just seemed to hand it to them really.
      We played better on the whole, defence still a bit jittery, but we gotta keep the pressure on the opponents, without going too far, to allow them to counter into space behind us. There has to be a middle ground there somewhere, we just gotta find it.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #383: Sep 29, 2014 10:27:50 pm
      Too much tension on the Kop Threads..
      I'm agreeing to disagree and visa versa these days with all the comments..

My only comment on the game is that Balotelli should never have been taken off. ???
      If he'd have stayed on we would be 2 points better off right now.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #384: Sep 30, 2014 12:51:57 pm
      Everton offered little.  They were poor - Lukaku was garbage - he didn't look that interested out at the side of the pitch.  When Baines wanted to he managed to get down the wing fairly easily. Disagree that our defence looked good.  A lot of hitting and hope when panic set in - clearances lumped up the pitch landing straight to one of their players inbetween the penalty area and the halfway line.  Lovren was easily outmaneouvred by the hapless Lukaku who should have scored with a simple header.

I kind of agree and disagree with you mate. It's true that Everton offered little but I'd say a lot of that was down to good work by Hendo in the middle (the number of interceptions from him were impressive) and Moreno in nullifying Lukaku.

The two centre halves were also winning most of the ariel battles and not giving much space at the back. We looked far more solid than in previous games. I do agree however that in the last 20 minutes or so, after we scored,  our defence should haven't have sat back so much an absorb the preassure. Some of the last ditch tackles and clearances were down to us playing so deep, which was a huge tactical mistake.

One thing that worries me is that occasionally, we still gave away a needless freekick at the end. Not having a go at Moreno, but it's a pattern for us and invites unnecessary risk. We have to be more disciplined at the back.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #385: Sep 30, 2014 03:24:41 pm
      That's what happens when you sell somebody who was the best player in the world last season.

How would you have kept Suarez at the club, please answer me that because I'm intrigued how you keep a player who wants to leave, in any case if we had by some pig headedness kept Suarez we'd be in even worse shape than we are right now as we wouldn't have had the money to strengthen the team, and yes despite the first few bad results it is a much strengthened team this season, and Suarez would still be suspended.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #386: Sep 30, 2014 03:39:38 pm
      How would you have kept Suarez at the club, please answer me that because I'm intrigued how you keep a player who wants to leave, in any case if we had by some pig headedness kept Suarez we'd be in even worse shape than we are right now as we wouldn't have had the money to strengthen the team, and yes despite the first few bad results it is a much strengthened team this season, and Suarez would still be suspended.

I agree with you about Suarez and people should remember that he's still banned but to suggest that we are stronger is wide of the mark. Our team is considerably weaker than last season. We sacrificed team strength for squad depth and we're now paying the penalty for doing so.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #387: Sep 30, 2014 04:01:52 pm
      I agree with you about Suarez and people should remember that he's still banned but to suggest that we are stronger is wide of the mark. Our team is considerably weaker than last season. We sacrificed team strength for squad depth and we're now paying the penalty for doing so.

We've replace 1 excellent player with 7 Good to very good players, yet we haven't strengthened?? You see that that makes no sense to me. Sure we all miss Luis, he was one in a million, but the team and squad are considerably stronger than last year, we just need to find a way to start scoring the goals, that's the only bit missing at the moment, although I will admit its a fairly important bit :-).
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #388: Sep 30, 2014 04:15:15 pm

I never suggested we would/could keep Suarez.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #389: Sep 30, 2014 07:09:56 pm
      We've replace 1 excellent player with 7 Good to very good players, yet we haven't strengthened?? You see that that makes no sense to me. Sure we all miss Luis, he was one in a million, but the team and squad are considerably stronger than last year, we just need to find a way to start scoring the goals, that's the only bit missing at the moment, although I will admit its a fairly important bit :-).

Not in terms of the team, no we haven't. Squad depth does not equate to team strength, they're two entirely different things.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #390: Sep 30, 2014 11:32:46 pm
      How would you have kept Suarez at the club, please answer me that because I'm intrigued how you keep a player who wants to leave,
      Maybe the same way we did the previous summer!!!!!! I'm not saying we should have by the way.

Quick Reply