Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

22. Mignolet
      (0%)
      19. Manquillo
      (0%)
      37. Skrtel
      (0%)
      6. Lovren
      (2%)
      18. Moreno
      (5%)
      8. Gerrard
      (11.9%)
      14. Henderson
      (5%)
      20. Lallana
      (68.3%)
      50. Markovic
      (0%)
      31. Sterling
      (5.9%)
      45. Balotelli
      (1%)
      10. Coutinho
      (1%)
      9. Lambert
      (0%)
      Other...
      (0%)

Liverpool 1-1 Everton: In-game & post-match "..."

Read 33420 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Everton: In-game & post-match "..."
      Reply #391: Oct 01, 2014 02:02:00 pm
      We've replace 1 excellent player with 7 Good to very good players, yet we haven't strengthened?? You see that that makes no sense to me. Sure we all miss Luis, he was one in a million, but the team and squad are considerably stronger than last year, we just need to find a way to start scoring the goals, that's the only bit missing at the moment, although I will admit its a fairly important bit :-).

No it really isn't!!

The defence will eventually look stronger, but we aren't as strong as a team as we were last season, and yeah it's all to do with Suarez.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Everton: In-game & post-match "..."
      Reply #392: Oct 01, 2014 02:25:18 pm
      We've replace 1 excellent player with 7 Good to very good players, yet we haven't strengthened?? You see that that makes no sense to me. Sure we all miss Luis, he was one in a million, but the team and squad are considerably stronger than last year, we just need to find a way to start scoring the goals, that's the only bit missing at the moment, although I will admit its a fairly important bit :-).

What beat most teams in the second half of last season was the fear factor created by having the "SAS" lining up against them.
      That pushes them back, makes the defenders nervous, causes them to make mistakes.

We've not had either member of the "SAS" in the last few games, subsequently there has been no fear factor.

At large parts of last season the other team was beaten before the game even started.

We need that back to be genuine competitors.
      Sturridge will help claw some of that back.

Where we replace Suarez' aggression is another matter.

Quick Reply