Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Planning a visit to Anfield in Spring 2015

Read 27380 times
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Planning a visit to Anfield in Spring 2015
      Sep 27, 2014 06:28:31 pm
      Not sure if this is the correct place for this. Mods if it is not correct, please move.

I am planning to fly from the States to Liverpool in 2015. Trying decide when I should go over. I would like to go sometime between end of March and beginning of May. What game would be the best to see?

March 21st vs Manchester United
      April 11th vs Newcastle
      May 2nd vs QPR (leaning towards this since my birthday is the 5th)
      May 16th vs Crystal Palace

Also, I want to see the city of Liverpool and meet up with some fellow Reds. This will be my first trip to Liverpool and really looking forward to going and see LFC play in their home.

Thank you in advance for all opinions.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Planning a visit to Anfield in Spring 2015
      Reply #1: Sep 28, 2014 03:44:47 am
      Not sure if this is the correct place for this. Mods if it is not correct, please move.

I am planning to fly from the States to Liverpool in 2015. Trying decide when I should go over. I would like to go sometime between end of March and beginning of May. What game would be the best to see?

March 21st vs Manchester United
      April 11th vs Newcastle
      May 2nd vs QPR (leaning towards this since my birthday is the 5th)
      May 16th vs Crystal Palace

Also, I want to see the city of Liverpool and meet up with some fellow Reds. This will be my first trip to Liverpool and really looking forward to going and see LFC play in their home.

Thank you in advance for all opinions.

Got to be United right?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: Sep 28, 2014 11:42:40 am

Absolutely WAHS, if you're going to come over for a match you may as well go to a big one Hun.  Getting tickets won't be easy though, unless one of our amazing locals come up with the goodies  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3: Sep 28, 2014 04:03:22 pm

Don't think we'll win the league that game - probably be against QPR! ;)

Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #4: Oct 15, 2014 01:01:54 am
      After talking to Kenny, I decide to go to the Newcastle game on April 11th so I can go to the Hillsborough Memorial while I am there. Now to get a plane ticket and a ticket to the match. This is going to be one of the best trips I ever take in my life.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5: Oct 15, 2014 01:16:52 am
      After talking to Kenny, I decide to go to the Newcastle game on April 11th so I can go to the Hillsborough Memorial while I am there. Now to get a plane ticket and a ticket to the match. This is going to be one of the best trips I ever take in my life.

Look forward to meeting you hopefully!
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #6: Oct 15, 2014 11:14:48 pm
      Look forward to meeting you hopefully!

I hope to meet up with as many LFCReds members as I can.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #7: Jan 03, 2015 02:01:56 pm
      After the news of Gerrard leaving the club, I will definitely be going to Liverpool no matter what it takes.

How do I get a ticket for the game? I want to start getting everything in order. I will be purchasing the plane ticket at the end of the month.

I am still going to the game against Newcastle. I was thinking about going to the last game of the season, but think that will be a hard ticket to get since it is the last game Stevie will be playing.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #8: Jan 23, 2015 06:48:38 pm
      I managed to get tickets for Liverpool vs QPR on 2nd of May. As this is going to be my first visit to Liverpool I could use some information (I believe locals can give me far better tips then any guide):

- accommodation - prefer hostels
      - places that must be seen in the city
      - good pubs and for the evening some good nightclubs
      - pubs before and after game
      - places to get good food - would prefer something that is local food not foreign kitchen

Any tip will be appreciated  :)
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #9: Feb 08, 2015 06:20:54 pm
      What hotels are close to the stadium/city centre? I am hoping to do some sight seeing of Liverpool as well as catch a game. Really hope I can get a ticket to the game. I am going to the LFC vs Newcastle game on April 11th. Will also do a tour of Anfield while I am there. Any other suggestions of things to do or see while there?
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #10: Mar 04, 2015 02:47:31 am
      I booked the flight to Liverpool. I have a ticket to the memorial service. I will booking a room this week. I have a couple people making contacts with people they know to get me a ticket.

I read a few people on this forum say they were going over from another country and people on the forum stepped up and helped get them a ticket. I am not sure what makes them different than me. Oh well, I am going to keep being me. At this point, I don't even really care if I meet anyone on this forum. I am going to have a great time doing sightseeing and enjoying what the city has to offer.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Mar 04, 2015 06:44:40 am
      I booked the flight to Liverpool. I have a ticket to the memorial service. I will booking a room this week. I have a couple people making contacts with people they know to get me a ticket.

I read a few people on this forum say they were going over from another country and people on the forum stepped up and helped get them a ticket. I am not sure what makes them different than me. Oh well, I am going to keep being me. At this point, I don't even really care if I meet anyone on this forum. I am going to have a great time doing sightseeing and enjoying what the city has to offer.

Enjoy Anfield and the great City of Liverpool Firepool ,Carry on as you are there is no need to change yourself for anyone. Come on you REDS someone must be able to get the girl a ticket.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12: Mar 04, 2015 10:23:28 am

Misty has some tickets for this game hun so your Anfield/Liverpool dream will happen.  As for meeting up for the Memorial I'll be going and will probably on my own this year so I'm game  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #13: Mar 04, 2015 04:29:31 pm

Newcastle game isn't for another 5/6 weeks.  I'd imagine people are keeping an ear out - not to mention returns don't become available for a few weeks.  Just an hour ago I heard of another spare for tonight so things always pop up at random times.  Just because people haven't responded immediately in the ticket thread doesn't mean people aren't keeping an ear out.

I didn't get myself a ticket for Newcastle as my wife is due to give birth around that time.  Assuming I get the go ahead I will also be looking for a last minute ticket to get there. Don't panic! Enjoy planning your trip!
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #14: Mar 21, 2015 01:36:41 am
      I did get a ticket, thanks to Misty. I am looking forward to the game. I also got a ticket to the Hillsborough Memorial service. I am going to do the Anfield tour while I am there. It is going to be a trip of a lifetime.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Mar 21, 2015 07:45:47 am
      I did get a ticket, thanks to Misty. I am looking forward to the game. I also got a ticket to the Hillsborough Memorial service. I am going to do the Anfield tour while I am there. It is going to be a trip of a lifetime.

Look forward to meeting you at the Memorial service hun.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #16: Mar 25, 2015 11:38:55 pm
      One big reason I chose to go this year was I wanted to see Gerrard play at Anfield before he retires. After the incident on Sunday, I will not be able to accomplish this. I have saved for a while to fund this trip and will still enjoy my trip. A little disappointed that I won't see him play though.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #17: Apr 08, 2015 03:02:38 am
      My trip is almost here. I met a couple who live in Canada while Liverpool was in Chicago last year. The guy is originally from Liverpool, he contacted his brother to show me around the city while I am there. It is going to be a great trip.

Hope to meet some of the people on the forum at some point on this trip.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18: Apr 08, 2015 12:48:23 pm
      How long you here for, you need a guide around this fair city ;D.

Would definitely be nice to put a face to the username.

When do you arrive Firepool?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #19: Apr 08, 2015 11:46:06 pm
      My trip is almost here. I met a couple who live in Canada while Liverpool was in Chicago last year. The guy is originally from Liverpool, he contacted his brother to show me around the city while I am there. It is going to be a great trip.

Hope to meet some of the people on the forum at some point on this trip.

Wish I had the time get up to Liverpool, but be many a red from here to guide you round Liverpool as well.  Have a great time.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #20: Apr 09, 2015 04:51:13 pm
      How long you here for, you need a guide around this fair city ;D.

Would definitely be nice to put a face to the username.

When do you arrive Firepool?

I arrive on April 10th in the Morning. I will be there for a week. I am taking a train in the evening of April 15th after the Memorial Service to London. It would be great to meet up to put a face to the username and see parts of the city of the beaten path.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #21: Apr 09, 2015 07:12:47 pm
      One big reason I chose to go this year was I wanted to see Gerrard play at Anfield before he retires. After the incident on Sunday, I will not be able to accomplish this. I have saved for a while to fund this trip and will still enjoy my trip. A little disappointed that I won't see him play though.

Go down to Melwood and pop your head over the fence. Least that way you will be able to say you seen him play ;)

Anyway Firepool, I am off work until Tuesday now so won't be around the city centre until then in the daytime. I will DM my number across to you though so do not feel in anyway embarrassed to text me me for any advice on anything you may need whether it be a good place to eat, drink or just somewhere to visit. I will help you out no problem.

I will be at the game on Monday night though and will be drinking beforehand wherever Cas (Ms G) and anybody else off here who is going is? I'll probably be going out in the city after it also.

Hopefully catch up Monday or Tuesday then and as I said, really don't feel embarrassed to text me for any help or advice you need when you are here.

Enjoy your time in Liverpool!!
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2015 07:50:01 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #22: Apr 09, 2015 07:55:04 pm
      Beers? Monday?

Hmmmmm

Quick Reply