Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. UPDATE: 6th April - Will we get top 4?

No
      115 (75.2%)
      Yes
      38 (24.8%)

Total Members Voted: 150

The Top 4. Can we get there?

Read 124086 times
      igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Re: The Top 4. Can we get there?
      Reply #1173: May 06, 2015 03:22:03 pm
      we'll get 4th .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1174: May 06, 2015 03:23:45 pm
      I think most folks a few games back figured we'd beat Hull but lose to Chelsea...therefore, same overall points picked up...so if we can just beat Chelsea...we'll be basically in the same position as most folks figured we would anyway.

I think this game could be huge for the team and especially for Brendan. Beat Chelsea and start to remove that (can't beat the big boys) monkey from your back and also we are right back on United's heels.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1175: May 06, 2015 03:32:45 pm

We won't.

Don't do it to yourself mate.
      igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Reply #1176: May 06, 2015 03:34:40 pm
      We won't.

We will , soz like I've already gone . Gotta feeling in me water.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1177: May 06, 2015 03:47:24 pm
      We won't.

If we do, does it change your stance on Brendan?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1178: May 06, 2015 04:09:52 pm
      We will , soz like I've already gone . Gotta feeling in me water.

You can get medication for that.
      igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Reply #1179: May 06, 2015 04:16:11 pm

only one thing gonna cure it lash . Imagine the look on the mancs faces if we pip them to 4th , f***in priceless that.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,650 posts | 3918 
      Reply #1180: May 06, 2015 04:25:03 pm

100% no chance mate
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1181: May 06, 2015 04:25:06 pm
      Another reason why mancs will drop more points, Carrick is out with no return date. He has made a helluva difference to them.

But can we capitilse and get enough points.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1182: May 06, 2015 04:33:13 pm
      If by some miracle we beat chavski, top 4 is back on definately.

Realistically we may draw with them and win last 2 games, so pick up 7 points.

I can see the mancs drawing at wknd & losing to the Arsenal, then it's down to last day. They could easily lose or draw that, they are missing rooney and toilet brush heed big time.

What a load of p1sh I was talking toilet brush heed & rooney played at wknd. ;D
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1183: May 06, 2015 04:56:41 pm
      I still have some hope. We're 4 points off united. I'd say we'll need a point against Chavski and 2 victories ;home to Palace and away to Stoke - not entirely expected with our current form but why not?

Scum are away to Palace, tough game they could easily lose, more likely draw. Then home to Arsenal which I do expect them to lose given Arsenal's current form, then they're awya to Hull - which is the crunch game. Turd-face Bruce would hate to beat United, but they are battling relegation.

I expect United to get no more than two points in these three games, meaning we'll need 7 points, a tough ask but not implausible.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1184: May 09, 2015 07:32:12 pm
      Well, as per most of the season, Utd win due to:

a) De Gea (mainly)
      b) Opposition defensive incompetence
      c) being lucky fuckers

Saw most of 2nd half just now. When the Palace guy missed from 3 f**king yards (and score was 1-1) with De Gea in the middle of the goal, De Gea gets a hand to it. Just bury the ball you f**king mug!!!!

Looks unlikely now.  De Gea their player of the season. Ratboy picked Young motm. But De Gea saved their asses, then the Palace keeper lent a hand by colliding with his defender to let the beanpole nod into an empty goal.

Arrr.....
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1185: May 09, 2015 07:47:52 pm
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 279 
      Reply #1186: May 09, 2015 08:08:07 pm
      Well, as per most of the season, Utd win due to:

a) De Gea (mainly)
      b) Opposition defensive incompetence
      c) being lucky fuckers

Saw most of 2nd half just now. When the Palace guy missed from 3 f**king yards (and score was 1-1) with De Gea in the middle of the goal, De Gea gets a hand to it. Just bury the ball you f**king mug!!!!

Looks unlikely now.  De Gea their player of the season. Ratboy picked Young motm. But De Gea saved their asses, then the Palace keeper lent a hand by colliding with his defender to let the beanpole nod into an empty goal.

Arrr.....

Can't argue with that..people say you make your own luck but they deffo have their share and more. De Gea has got them fourth place this year no question ,they should be kissing his feet, his backside or whatever BUT if we'd had a decent striker even only chipping in with another 10-15 goals we'd have walked it.
      In fact the league was there for anyone wanting to put up a decent show this time around, we've only got ourselves to blame. I just worry now who we can actually attract, we'll probably end up keeping Balloteli  :'(
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1187: May 09, 2015 08:13:09 pm
      Its mad, none of the utd fans are calling for LVGs head. They had no distractions this year, spent 200m. Have 3 world class strikers. Have the best keeper in the country. Won nothing. Barely beat us to the 4th place.

Just saying....
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1188: May 09, 2015 08:15:03 pm
      In fact the league was there for anyone wanting to put up a decent show this time around, we've only got ourselves to blame. I just worry now who we can actually attract, we'll probably end up keeping Balloteli  :'(

Hate living my life with a what if attitude, but this season has killed me. Suarez stays, suspension or not, I believe we win the league.

Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 279 
      Reply #1189: May 09, 2015 08:27:10 pm
      Hate living my life with a what if attitude, but this season has killed me. Suarez stays, suspension or not, I believe we win the league.

I know mate, I'm the same. The same things keep going round my head what if we'd not have lost that Chelsea game and only if we could have kept Suarez this year, that's just our love for the club and desperation to us win things we can't help it!..and seeing Suarez playing so well for Barca just makes it worse.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1190: May 09, 2015 08:38:13 pm
      I know mate, I'm the same. The same things keep going round my head what if we'd not have lost that Chelsea game and only if we could have kept Suarez this year, that's just our love for the club and desperation to us win things we can't help it!..and seeing Suarez playing so well for Barca just makes it worse.

Its not even how well hes playing. He had a contract, we held all the cards. We sold him for less than he was worth, we didnt replace him and now we have dropped from 2nd to 5th and cant score.

Heard a stat... Since Suarez and apart from Studge, all the strikers liverpool have bought and played, only have 12 goals between them....

Carroll, Ballo, Lambo, Aspas, Borini.... 12 goals... Would that be right?

The worst period of strikers in the history of liverpool football club surely.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 279 
      Reply #1191: May 09, 2015 08:49:48 pm
      Its not even how well hes playing. He had a contract, we held all the cards. We sold him for less than he was worth, we didnt replace him and now we have dropped from 2nd to 5th and cant score

I've said it on here before Luis was our player, don't care what had been said the previous summer or whether Sanchez likes jellied eels, we should have said 40m and Sanchez or no deal as far as I'm concerned. Phil Thompson said a similar thing on Sky.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1192: May 09, 2015 08:53:38 pm
      I've said it on here before Luis was our player, don't care what had been said the previous summer or whether Sanchez likes jellied eels, we should have said 40m and Sanchez or no deal as far as I'm concerned. Phil Thompson said a similar thing on Sky.

I feel like the English media forced our weak owners hands, after the WC bite. It was like we couldnt keep him cause he was disrespecting the liverpool way. Dock him 3 months wages and KEEP him. This is not just anyone... he is up there with the best ever.
      Ah F**k it it happened. Should never of happened.

Not replacing him before selling him is the true crime of the century.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1193: May 09, 2015 09:50:20 pm

100%.  No Sanchez, no Suarez, no deal.

Instead we get bolloxogy like 'his missus wants to move to London'. In this case, WE  held the cards.  Pale faced, zit popping, pencil pushers in charge of our deal-making, they should be on a ball-transplant list. It's a cliche, but it's true ... they do need to start coming to up with f**king solutions, not problems ...

And on our side people shake their heads, 'but what can be done', and accept the excuses, and think maybe Danny Ings ain't so bad. Not encouraging.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #1194: May 10, 2015 10:19:27 am
      Definitely gone now. United had let us back in with those 3 defeats in a row (and they'll probably drop points again next weekend) but not getting 9 from 9 from WBA, Hull and QPR has cost us.

That United side getting 4th shows how truly sh*te our season has been.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1195: May 10, 2015 10:29:07 am

That United side getting 4th shows how truly sh*te our season has been.

Cannot argue with that. It looks like a sh*te United side will beat us to fourth. We've had so many chances and fu**ed up every single one. Our only hope now is Arsenal beating them next week and Hull still being in the mix on the final day.

Oh, we also have to beat Chelsea today! It can be done, if the mentality is right from the off.

Quick Reply