Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match vs Basel (once again if possible)

Simon Mignolet
      4 (6.8%)
      Javi Manquillo
      5 (8.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      5 (8.5%)
      Jose Enrique
      4 (6.8%)
      Steven Gerrard (c)
      4 (6.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (5.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      8 (13.6%)
      Lazar Markovic
      2 (3.4%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Mario Balotelli
      7 (11.9%)
      Adam Lallana (sub)
      16 (27.1%)
      Rickie Lambert (sub)
      1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Oct 04, 2014 09:48:13 pm

Basel 1 - 0 Liverpool: In Game & Post Game Wonderings (again).

Read 28661 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Re: Basel 1 - 0 Liverpool: In Game & Post Game Wonderings (again).
      Reply #529: Oct 02, 2014 11:52:40 am
      At what point can we start to panic? This season is literally a carbon copy of 09/10...

First 6 games in 09/10? We had 12 points from six games. This is a much worse start than 09/10...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,607 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #530: Oct 02, 2014 11:53:40 am
      At what point can we start to panic? This season is literally a carbon copy of 09/10...

Probably about the time we realise Aquilani is made of glass.
      Oh wait.
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #531: Oct 02, 2014 12:06:59 pm
      Efharisto file mou, but your comments are always negative.
      Are you on the right forum?
      I don't know if Man u and LFC are easily confused in Greek lettering.

So many people writing negative things about the team but it seems that I am everyone's problem in that forum.
      Wake up shake your F***ing head and accept reality.
      So either you F**k off and let me write whatever I believe or F**k off and delete me from this forum ok?

Enough is enough!

We are sh*te at the moment and I can write my opinion negative or positive. If you do not like it don't read it.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #532: Oct 02, 2014 12:16:38 pm
      Efharisto file mou, but your comments are always negative.
      Are you on the right forum?
      I don't know if Man u and LFC are easily confused in Greek lettering.

What's wrong with what he wrote? Doesn't seem overly negative to me. There's far more negative posts being thrown around by other forum regulars.  :roll:
      wallbanger 5d
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #533: Oct 02, 2014 12:42:56 pm
      its obvious to me the players showed a complete lack of interest in this game Evidence no shot on goal till the 27th minute. further evidence evidence players hesitating noticeably in penalty area. its obvious to me brendan has lost the dressing room.The players want a new manager and are trying to force the issue.
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #534: Oct 02, 2014 12:44:31 pm
      I was so up for this one...and was left so down. Not only b/c we lost, but the way that we lost. Giving up another soft goal, and seemingly passive offensively. No energy, no excitement. There were times that Basel were passing the ball, moving up the pitch with ease, as we did last year. Let's start with their goal: Skrtle heading the ball backwards is never good, but who was marking Streller? Why do we always have two defenders (almost always our CB's) go for the same ball?! Majority of the time when this happens, neither come away with a clearance! Straight up, man to man marking should be done. This way, each and every player is held accountable. And I can;t help but feel that Migs and/or Enrique could have done better with the ball there as it seemed to be in slow-mo. Our offense looks slow and boring. Mario looks lazy the majority of the time and just wants to hit shots from 20+ yards out. Sterling had a nightmare of a game, had 3-4 golden opportunities. Markovic, underwhelming to say the very least. At least he showed some pace finally. Couthino I thought did ok...was buzzing around the field. I want to see more of him and Lallana together. Hendo...seems to put the same gam in every week: tons of hard work and energy, and thats about it. And Stevie...average, which is not good enough for him. Manquillo and Enrique I thought did ok. Enrique had his hands full but pulled through, and Manquillo has so much heart and energy, but offensively seems raw. I thought Die for them was the MOTM...controlled the middle and was all over the pitch, until the very end. We need two things: Daniel Sturridge, and our pressing aggressiveness back. ASAP.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #535: Oct 02, 2014 12:49:23 pm
      Team devoid of confidence after 2 defeats and an unlucky draw, with only 3 starters having played more than 5 games in CL, some playing their very first european away game.
      Vs
      Home team used to rack result against bigger european teams (nothing less than Chelsea, Utd and Bayern in the recent years).

May I dare describe the result as "logical" more than as "terrible underperformance" ? (ok for two or three players it may have been one, but still we only lost by one goal, and creating as many chances as that home team)
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #536: Oct 02, 2014 01:05:44 pm
      I'm wondering whether Rodgers said to Balotelli "be more like Drogba".
      So Balotelli walks away and thinks "why does Brendan want me to be like a 43yr old and spent half the match on the floor. OK, I'll give it a try".
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #537: Oct 02, 2014 01:10:59 pm

Balotelli's heat map if anyone's interested

And his stats
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #538: Oct 02, 2014 02:02:12 pm
      So many people writing negative things about the team but it seems that I am everyone's problem in that forum.
      Wake up shake your F***ing head and accept reality.
      So either you F**k off and let me write whatever I believe or F**k off and delete me from this forum ok?

Enough is enough!

We are sh*te at the moment and I can write my opinion negative or positive. If you do not like it don't read it.

Too much mate.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #539: Oct 02, 2014 02:04:55 pm

And his stats

forgive me, was the disallowed goal he scored in the area or did he magically levitate into it ? Does the heat map only register touches of the ball ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #540: Oct 02, 2014 02:05:41 pm
      What's wrong with what he wrote? Doesn't seem overly negative to me. There's far more negative posts being thrown around by other forum regulars.  :roll:

Agreed but our friend is from Greece why should he join the forum from thousands of miles away merely to criticise?
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #541: Oct 02, 2014 02:17:33 pm
      Agreed but our friend is from Greece why should he join the forum from thousands of miles away merely to criticise?

OK I understand. You are a F***ing racist who believe that only the English have the right to criticize the team.
      Tell your opinion to the millions of LFC fans across the world.

I want the mods to close my account or make this guy ask for an apology.

I do not want to be the victim of racist attacks in a forum.

Since I was a member of the official Greek Liverpool supporters club, I will let the club know that a respectable member of this forum discriminates the fans depending on their place of their birth.

Congratulations Mr Stuey, I never expect that from a Liverpool supporter.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #542: Oct 02, 2014 02:35:35 pm

Whether he's criticising or being positive, at least he's contributing instead of slating others for their opinions. Also, what the f**k does him being in Greece have to do with anything? He is no different to you and has as much rights to post his opinions on the forums than you, me or anyone else on this forum.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #543: Oct 02, 2014 02:42:36 pm

That's out of order Stuey.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Re: Live: Basel V Liverpool
      Reply #544: Oct 02, 2014 02:44:46 pm
      We badly need Sturridge back because Balotelli is f***in sh*te. I had my doubts about this signing but was also excited because he possess obvious talents.

But it only makes things even more frustrating to see a strong player, with a powerful shot, good technique and excellent first touch, wasted with such a horrible attitude.

He keeps trying the spectacular even though he's barely done the very simple well yet; and he keeps ruining our attacking plays more often than not, never looking for a pass when he's in the direction of the goal. The only time he attempts to pass is when he's with his back to the goal and then often does a decent job of controlling not-so-good passes and laying it down to Sterling or whoever is around him.

Anyway, he's a terrible team player and with his big head attitude I can hardly see it changing any time soon. With Sturridge on the side, his strength is more useful but alone up top he's a parasite.

Sorry Diego, but I have to disagree. Balotelli is an immensely talented player who is being asked to play a completely different style than he has ever played before. I genuinely don't think he has ever been instructed to be so involved in the buildup, nor do I think he has ever been required to do as much tracking back and defending as BR has him doing. The encouraging thing is that he seems to have a very good attitude and work ethic about him, and he seems to want to prove his doubters wrong. The unfortunate thing is that this is leading to him trying to do too much on his own. It will take him a while to learn how to play in BR's system, but I am confident that he will get it eventually. I also think it will do him some good to have Studge back in the side as he will help relieve some of the pressure from Mario.

It is frustrating watching us flounder at the moment, but we need to stay optimistic and get behind the lad. Make him feel loved and work his confidence up and he will come good!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #545: Oct 02, 2014 02:57:09 pm

Mr Gabri.

YOU have just chosen to call a respected and long standing member of LFC Reds  a F***ing Racist   ........ and YOU want an apology ?

Do one.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #546: Oct 02, 2014 03:01:13 pm
      OK I understand. You are a F***ing racist who believe that only the English have the right to criticize the team.

Since I was a member of the official Greek Liverpool supporters club, I will let the club know that a respectable member of this forum discriminates the fans depending on their place of their birth.

I apologise unreservedly if I caused any offence it was no more than honest criticism of what I saw as too much bad-mouthing of the manager and the team.
      If I remember correctly the poster did admit his was a knee-jerk reaction and then continued with the critique, in turn I continued with the wind-up.
      The F***ing and blinding wasn't called for neither was the racist comment as I have been to Greece 14 times in the last decade because I love the place and the people.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #547: Oct 02, 2014 03:07:18 pm

And his stats

It mentioned about him not going into the penalty area in a Telegraph article today.
      It compared Balotelli with Welbeck.
      Ive posted it in the Player Thread but you can click the link to the DT to see the actual graph.
      Not pretty reading .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,314 posts | 6378 
      Reply #548: Oct 02, 2014 03:43:10 pm
      OK I understand. You are a f**king racist who believe that only the English have the right to criticize the team.

Get over yourself.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #549: Oct 02, 2014 03:51:09 pm
      OK I understand. You are a f**king racist who believe that only the English have the right to criticize the team.

you are a little ray of sunshine aren't you.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #550: Oct 02, 2014 03:58:59 pm

What's out of order?
      Tell you what is out of order and possibly libellous is being called a racist.
      A racist for confirming the lad is Greek?
      I have been to Greece upwards of 14 times in the last decade to Corfu, Zante and the beautiful island of Skiathos, why is that I hear you ask?
      My family and friends love Greece and it's people, this guy is offended because I wind him up about his support for LFC so he feels compelled to call me a F***ing racist - F**k me give order mate.
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2014 04:10:40 pm by stuey »
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #551: Oct 02, 2014 03:59:44 pm
      I apologise unreservedly if I caused any offence it was no more than honest criticism of what I saw as too much bad-mouthing of the manager and the team.
      If I remember correctly the poster did admit his was a knee-jerk reaction and then continued with the critique, in turn I continued with the wind-up.
      The f**king and blinding wasn't called for neither was the racist comment as I have been to Greece 14 times in the last decade because I love the place and the people.

Come on man...I posted two or three posts and I was basically saying that now it's the time for Rodgers to show that he deserves our last year's praise and that I did not believe that he is near Klopp's or Simeone's standards. This is what I was basically saying, it's my opinion and you and some other guys started to call me a pr**k and make some nasty comments about Greece  etc etc. Nobody disagree with me in order to have a discussion.

So do not expect from me to be a sitting duck and accept all these insults.

When the team starts to perform well I will be the first one to say good things about the manager. I support the team and this does not have to do from where I am from. I am a fan with an opinion. It's called a DEMOCRACY (it's Greek :)

Quick Reply