Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Are we a selling club?

Read 5478 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Are we a selling club?
      Reply #69: Oct 11, 2014 12:24:07 pm
      As usual, the finger pointing is starting because of our poor form and the poor form of some of our new acquisitions. I do recall people (not necessarily on here) bemoaning Suarez's lack of goal returns, or the fact he missed many chances in his first season and wasn't considered an out and out goal scorer. FWIW, I haven't been impressed with Markovic as of yet, doesn't mean I've written him off as a player because we aren't paying someone else 100,000 a week instead. He clearly needs to settle.

We are what 7 games in and because all our new signings haven't hit the ground running then the doom-mongers are only too quick to come out and start throwing their daggers about. It wouldn't be so bad had they a bedding in period but they are not even given that. Last season was the same, when things went south (and that wasn't the case often) the doom-mongers who just want to be proven right were again only too quick to throw their negative assertions around, only to be given a large dose of egg on their face, come May. No f**king patience and quick to f**king moan at the first sign of trouble.

I think we forget, that at times last season when on occasions things did go south people also played the 'we should of spent big for the sake of it' card like now, and the simplicity of football and coaching were forgotten. While Rodgers was written off compared to managers like Martinez and the club written off to spenders like Citeh the boss got the most out of his tightly knit unit and the team played the best football we've witnessed for a long time. People, fans, whingers always get caught in the net of money and forget that a manager is able to get the best out of what he has accrued. I know people haven't got the patience for that, even when a heavy load of numbers have come into the squad - but I'm hopeful that those same doom-mongers of last season (ironic I know) will end up having egg on their face again.

Give it 3 wins on the bounce and these fuckers will go back into hiding again, just like last season.
      « Last Edit: Oct 11, 2014 12:35:29 pm by Beerbelly »

Quick Reply