Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

22. Mignolet
      (0%)
      19. Manquillo
      (0.9%)
      37. Skrtel
      (0%)
      6. Lovren
      (0%)
      18. Moreno
      (0.9%)
      8. Gerrard
      (2.7%)
      14. Henderson
      (33.3%)
      10. Coutinho
      (0%)
      20. Lallana
      (62.2%)
      31. Sterling
      (0%)
      9. Lambert
      (0%)
      45. Balotelli (sub)
      (0%)
      21. Lucas (sub)
      (0%)
      2. Johnson (sub)
      (0%)

Liverpool 2:1 West Brom. In game and post match discussion.

Read 22235 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v West Brom
      Reply #345: Oct 04, 2014 05:11:54 pm
      Our two best and most committed won the game. Well in lads.

Much, much, much work ahead. Lovren and Skrtel are a heart attack waiting to happen.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #346: Oct 04, 2014 05:12:23 pm
      Where's Allen?

Apart from that, pretty much spot on. Johnson needs to come back in desperately - Manquillo has been f**king sh*t lately. Offered absolutely f**k all in defence and attack. Attacking wise, yeah we all know he's sh*t, but it was "The Chosen One" style sh*t - all he does is hug the touchling and get a (sh*t) cross in.

Johnson showed nice touches, turned inside, offered coherency to attacks - must not understimate his attacking play, even his defensive play was good today.

Bad news mate, LFC agreed deal with Juve on our belove Johnson. Rumored it's Pogba+Vidal+money for Glen!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #347: Oct 04, 2014 05:14:01 pm
      Bad news mate, LFC agreed deal with Juve on our belove Johnson. Rumored it's Pogba+Vidal+money for Glen!

How the hell is that bad news??????? :-)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #348: Oct 04, 2014 05:14:16 pm
      That's more like it, nice to hear the Kop singing poetry in motion even if it was (rightly) only for a short time.

If you're coming in here to complain after a performance that is vastly improved then you need to check your attitude.

MOTM is a hard choice between Lambert and Lallana for me, special mention for Balo, when he come on he was good and blended with the play very well.

Well in lads, YNWA.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #349: Oct 04, 2014 05:14:51 pm

It's also a piss take.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #350: Oct 04, 2014 05:16:17 pm
      Didn't think Gerrard could have played so effectively after an away Champions League tie. Was still running players down late in the game and to good effect. Pushing him ahead into the #10 late on was a good call.

Hendo and Lallana were just brilliant. Hard to choose between the two for MOTM.

I still think that Stevie is a safer bet as an attack minded player. That's just what he is and always has been.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #351: Oct 04, 2014 05:16:25 pm
      some seem a bit miffed that we won.... Its a results business we won move on .next..
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #352: Oct 04, 2014 05:17:49 pm

Only if. hahahahahahah. ;)
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #353: Oct 04, 2014 05:21:07 pm

Only for SoAG mate ;D

Very happy for a win. Would take the opportunity to congrats Adam lallana for his first LFC goal and admitted he's proved me wrong. He never has a bad game so far and we can happily expect him to be better, and help improve the team for sure.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #354: Oct 04, 2014 05:22:20 pm
      MOTM is a hard choice between Lambert and Lallana for me, special mention for Balo, when he come on he was good and blended with the play very well.

Lambert, really ?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #355: Oct 04, 2014 05:25:56 pm

:action-smiley-060:

2000th post. Time to retire. It's been good LFCREDS

Like F**k I'm retiring.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #356: Oct 04, 2014 05:33:44 pm
      Thought Gerrard was excellent once he was moved forward and had far more impact on the game. I'd sooner see him play less games in that position than every game as the deepest defender. Henderson and Lallana where brilliant throughout and probably a toss up between those two for MOTM. For those saying Sterling needs a rest, he doesn't, he needs Strikers who create space for him to make runs in to the box otherwise all to often he'll end up running down blind alleys as he's crowded out by defenders. Rest where mediocre at best. We still have problems but I'll take any win that comes our way. Onwards and upwards hopefully.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #357: Oct 04, 2014 05:34:50 pm
      Put Sturridge back in that side today and we'll have some cause for optimism.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #358: Oct 04, 2014 05:37:04 pm
      Put Sturridge back in that side today and we'll have some cause for optimism.

I agree, and buy Reus, Khedira, and Benzema in January and we may challenge for soke silverware..
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #359: Oct 04, 2014 05:46:08 pm
      Only 12 pages after our first league win in over a month. If we had lost this thread would have exploded into 20 plus pages of misery by now.

Funny that.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #360: Oct 04, 2014 05:51:42 pm
      Only 12 pages after our first league win in over a month. If we had lost this thread would have exploded into 20 plus pages of misery by now.

Funny that.

Ye, imagine  if we drew or more worse lost, it would be over 25 pages by now
        ANYWAY 
       saw a very reguvinated Gerrard when he played advanced , I know it was just for 30 mins, but he played fantastic there

YNWA

well done lads
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #361: Oct 04, 2014 06:02:11 pm
      Delighted with the win and while I didn't think we played great we did play well. The real problem for me was up front, we created few real chances and Lambert and Balotelli when he came on looked less than inspiring.

Wonderful goal by Lallana who I thought had another good game and who with Gerrard and Henderson was one of our best players.

Probably Sterling's worst game of the season, worked like a Trojan but nothing really came off for him today. 

Defensively I think we still have a lot of work to do... free headers inside our box do not make me confident.

A win and 3 points is what we needed and thankfully we got them, anything else and we would have gone into the international break on a real downer.   
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Re: Liverpool 2:1 West Brom. In game and post match discussion.
      Reply #362: Oct 04, 2014 06:13:09 pm
      We deserved the win, we certainly didn't play fantastic, but we were the better team. Hopefully, as well as a deserved 3 points it has also given our fragile confidence a much deserved boost.
      Well done to Lallana on his goal, well taken and hopefully the first of many.
      More things to be positive about than negative tonight, with Sturridge back we just may kick on.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #363: Oct 04, 2014 06:16:02 pm
      2000th post. Time to retire. It's been good LFCREDS 

Congratulations! You've wasted more times than I do here...
      At least 3 times more than mine :)
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #364: Oct 04, 2014 06:16:25 pm
      Mignolet - was there when needed, some bad distribution at times but some good too, and being a little less glued to his line than usual allowed him to stop some crosses
      Moreno - best player in our back 4 for the two halves and also precious in some offensives, if nothing exceptionnal from him, showed his limitations a few times when he was supposed to head a ball, but out of that a very good game
      Manquillo - a returning from injury Johnson looked like a big improvement, says that he was having a bad game, now it wasn't a complete mare either
      Skrtel - bad beginning with the useless yellow but looked better in second half
      Lovren - refeering was bad to make it a penalty, but still he had no reason to do this hard tackle when he could have stayed afoot ; also failed to jump in time for some headers that should have been easy for him
      Gerrard - excellent distribution, and some good contributions in attack while still being present defensively, just a little under his partners Henderson and Lallana for the overall performance (say a 7,5 for him and a 8 for them)
      Henderson - was everywhere, and involved in the two goals, my MotM
      Lallana - excellent game, especially the second half, if he can keep this level in the long run, may prove to be our best recruit
      Coutinho - not suited for his deeper than usual position, I fear, losing possession often if he did make a few good passes too
      Sterling  - not a bad game for most players standard but a little under his usual level, looked tired and often seemed to have lost his first touch, but excellent work for the assist
      Lambert - did get into dangerous positions at times, and tried some combos with Lallana, but needs far better final moves if he wants to become a regular
      Balotelli - good one-touch passes, and could have nutmeged their goalkeeper with his excellent late shot,  should just try to get in the box a little more often and replace faster and goals should rain
      Johnson -  not ultra fantastic but looked better than Manquillo even in defense, made only intelligent tactical foul and was not wasteful as usual in possession, good game from a player returning from injury and who looked so bad in his last games
      Lucas - hard to judge his cameo, but he did shoot two times in the ten minutes he was on the field, exceptionnal offensive presence from him :)

Overall a good game, with a very good second half if in the first our level was a bit worrying.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #365: Oct 04, 2014 06:19:46 pm
      Missed the match so can't comment on the match but great to have 3 pts in the bag.

Onwards and upwards from here.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #366: Oct 04, 2014 06:22:48 pm
      Poll up!
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #367: Oct 04, 2014 06:27:52 pm
      We had some intervals reminiscent of last season's quality. Good game development, ball circulation, pace control and adequate final attempts number esp in the second half. Very productive game by midfield upwards.The defensive weaknesses are still there though but pressure by the midfielders was a decent effort to partially cover them.

Keep it up lads.

Quick Reply