Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

22. Mignolet
      (0%)
      19. Manquillo
      (0.9%)
      37. Skrtel
      (0%)
      6. Lovren
      (0%)
      18. Moreno
      (0.9%)
      8. Gerrard
      (2.7%)
      14. Henderson
      (33.3%)
      10. Coutinho
      (0%)
      20. Lallana
      (62.2%)
      31. Sterling
      (0%)
      9. Lambert
      (0%)
      45. Balotelli (sub)
      (0%)
      21. Lucas (sub)
      (0%)
      2. Johnson (sub)
      (0%)

Liverpool 2:1 West Brom. In game and post match discussion.

Read 22006 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Liverpool 2:1 West Brom. In game and post match discussion.
      Reply #391: Oct 04, 2014 10:58:41 pm
      Lambert was out wide several times pulling defenders out....I think you are minimizing the fact that Sterling right now is playing much like a passenger. It's to be expected as he's still a young lad, but it also shows why we can't rely on him solely.

Lambert was ineffectual. I agree we can't rely on him [Sterling] solely but we won't when Sturridge is back because the rest of the team will play better, thus taking pressure off his young shoulders. But if you disagree with me, that's fine. We'll wait until Danny is back and see who is right. :)
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #392: Oct 04, 2014 11:32:29 pm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #393: Oct 04, 2014 11:44:03 pm
      Our two best led the way for us. Well done to Jordan and Lallana who were the rare highlights in a dreadful match.

Our defence is woeful. Positioning, communication, co-ordination is just a mess.

Midfield and attack is so unproductive. The movement and pace from last season is gone and we turned in to a long ball team in that first half.

Lallana is a joy to watch. He's such a silky smooth footballer. Henderson is hard as they come and never stops fighting, plus has the quality to impact a match - 1 goal and an assist! Great performances.

Next match needs to see Sterling benched. Let him recover and sit out for a game or two - he's 19 and we can't burn him out this early plus he looks jaded.

Got to continue to have patience with this team. I get angry watching matches where we play poorly but i did say before the season started that i don't expect much brilliance until November at least. Onwards and upwards.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #394: Oct 05, 2014 01:01:59 am
      What only 14 pages after a win, you can imagine if we had at least double the number of posts.
      Strange concept of supporting the team!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #395: Oct 05, 2014 01:17:01 am
      Mignolet : Did better than the last game and an improvement but need to distribute the ball better and start saving some penalties (7/10)

Manquillo : Did ok inspite of that horrifying miss-passed that led to their equaliser. Lesson learnt, never loose possession when he has gone that far away from our goal (6.5/10)

Skrtel : Did well and was hard working can't find much wrong in him (7.5/10)

Lovren : Did some good work but was never in total command defending our goal. Simple, next game stick to the opposition target man, give him a nudge, that'll do and not ball watch. I thought that tackle just outside the box is good but the referee need a pair of spectacles, shocking and embarassing decision, if we could just playback that video recording for him to see (6.5)

Moreno : Impresses me with his work rate and determination. rate him very highly. Both him and Lallana would create havoc to opposition defence on the left side in future. At his age, he is already playing like a seasoned pro. BR could look at the possibility of converting Moreno into a DM and leave the left back to Enrique or Flanno. He has the quality to bomb forward from midfield that's what I like most and will be very damaging to the opposition. Seriously, he can be another Stevie if he could acquire Stevie's talent in making those quality long range passes. (8/10).

Gerrard : Said it all along and said it again here Stevie has been an AM for as long as I could remember, he's not a born DM, so BR will just have to leave it that way and not do anything differently and get someone else to do the defensive job and to capitalise fully on Stevie's strength. We were a transformed team when Stevie moved further forward, his direct passes clearly shows that we don't have anyone else at the moment to get those quality early passes to the forward line. Stevie simply has got this vision and natural talent in him  (8.5/10)

Lallana: Putting his transfer fee aside, I've always rated Lallana, he resembles very much like our very own Craig Johnston. Harassing defenders non-stop, twisting and turning. He dares to take on defenders and create something out of nothing and that's what I like most, direct and bold. If BR could identify players that can do combos with Lallana, he'll be unstoppable and could only get better. He simply has got to be my MOTM (9/10)

Sterling: Everyone is entitled to have an off day in office, so Sterling had his today. He tried very hard and running non-stop and assisted in the 2nd goal. His first touch wasn't there as there could be reasons, I'd think he could be thinking who to pass the ball to when running towards the goal and non that he could see inside the box and that split second he could have lost concentration and possession. Suarez was smart he runs into space so that Sterling could see him early and we need to replicate that play. Players need to understand when Sterling is running at defenders, they must make forward runs ahead of Sterling into the box and not dilly dallying at the centre circle.  Won't start to cruxify him for having just one average game eventhough not fully his fault, at least he ran non-stop. Week in week out expecting him to take on defenders and score is asking too much of him. (7/10).

Coutinho : I've been critical of Cou of late but when I watched the games again, I can't blame him, Cou thrives on quick movement and at this moment the players in front of him is not moving quick enough and not linking up well with him. They're not making themselves available to receive the early ball from Cou and into the box. Cou is not one of the most physical around and he can't take on physical players, hence, we have to make best use of his quality in passes and that calls for players making intelligent movement into the box to receive Cou's passes. (6.5)

Henderson: Very hardworking and made some slick passes and one two combos, I'm beginning to feel that he's more suited to an AM role than a DM. Improved a lot on his shooting, used to end up at row Z, now it is on target. He and Lallana could both terrorizes defenders. Had a good game (8/10) 

Lambert : He tried his best but needs to improve on his shooting. We will need to realize fast that Lambert is not the type of forward that can curl a shot into the far top corner of the goal. He's the type of forward that shoots at sight or bundles the ball over the goal line with his physical presence. He's simply the old fashion type forward, he's not one for those slick one two combos, hence, when he's on the pitch next time I'd hope to see him more often inside the box not outside, harass defenders and forces the ball into goal, or get the wingers to drive the passes along the opposition goal line for him to tap in. Overall did well and as I've said we did not play to his strengths. (7/10)   

Substitutes :-

Balotelli: Did ok, at least he did not throw tantrums at the moment for not being in the first 11. Again, we need to play to Balo's strength. I've watched closely his days at Citeh, he's most dangerous when just outside the box moving into the box and if we can identify the players (Lallana and Sterling perhaps) that can do those one .. two .. three ... combos with him, he'll be unstoppable. He's not the type of forward that can take on defenders alone and score goals. (7/10)

Lucas: Did OK, he's still a bit slow but he's not known to be one of the fastest, who else do we have to play that DM role? (5/10). Said it time and again we should have bought a DM and not all those players that got loaned to other clubs eventually and a waste of resources. 

Johnson: I haven't got much good things to say about Glen last season, but being on the bench for a while did him a world of a good, he looks refreshed, assured and had a good game. It's right to replace Manquillo, after that poor pass that led to the goal, it could shaken up the confidence of the young lad a bit. (7.5/10)

Positives  : 

1. Players showed great commitment, that's the most important.
      2. Even Brom equalised, we didn't panic and got the winning goal.
      3. Promising signs are there, players have great individual quality in them and BR already knows what are those and have to identify a system to make them work as a cohesive unit and we can only improve from here.
      4. Goals are coming from elsewhere apart from the forward line. We will need to keep doing that until Sturridge is back. Shooting practice from this very moment is the top priority for every one. Everyone needs to chip in with a goal or two.   
      5. Pressed them all over the pitch with our non-stop running and tackling, that for me has won the game for us.
      6. We came out very physical in the 2nd half, that's what I like to see most. It gives the impression to the opposition players we're a very very difficult and physical team to play against. It creates that fear factor in them even before the ball is kicked.   

Negatives :-

1.  Still some way to go to get us to play the way we did like last season. I'm sure work in progress as far as BR is concern but has to progress faster.
      2. The midfield and forward is still not a well oiled unit, BR needs to get them to link up better.
      3.  Defence need to be more commanding in our box, stick to the next opposition player like a leech and not to give him space and time on the ball.
      4.  Our players need to stick closer to the nearest opposition players when not in possession of the ball, it's the one or two yards extra space that we gave to Brom that made them looked better than they are.   
      5.  The most negative of all is the blardy referee, I can see from his body language he pointed to the penalty spot half heartedly and he's not 100% sure it's a foul inside the box. Finds every opportunity to penalize us. 4 mins stoppage time, where did that come from? 3 the most I'd give.
      6.  We really need to get a quality DM in and move Stevie forward.
      7.  Need to improve on the quality of our crosses, it has been poor very very poor. When we have a target man like Balo, we need to put in those quality crosses for him to score.

Overall, very happy with the results and the players' performance. It can only get better from here.

These fooking internationals when is it going to stop, when we start to pick up momentum these useless internationals comes along. BR should report to that Owl that all our players picked for internationals have suddenly fallen sick due to some unknown mysterious virus.
      « Last Edit: Oct 05, 2014 03:12:47 pm by redkop63 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #396: Oct 05, 2014 01:46:52 am
      Mignolet : Did better than the last game and an improvement but need to distribute the ball better and start saving some penalties (7/10)

Manquillo : Did ok inspite of that thorrifying miss-passed that led to their equaliser. Lesson learnt, never loose possession when he has gone that far away from our goal (6.5/10)

Skrtel : Did well and was hard working can't find much wrong in him (7.5/10)

Lovren : Did some good work but was never in total command defending our goal. Simple, next game stick to the opposition target man, give him a nudge, that'll do and not ball watch. I thought that tackle just outside the box is good but the referee need a pair of spectacles, shocking and embarassing decision, if we could just playback that video recording for him to see (6.5)

Moreno : Impresses me with his work rate and determination. rate him very highly. Both him and Lallana would create havoc to opposition defence on the left side in future. At his age, he is already playing like a seasoned pro. BR could look at the possibility of converting Moreno into a DM and leave the left back to Enrique or Flanno. He has the quality to bomb forward from midfield that's what I like most and will be very damaging to the opposition. Seriously, he can be another Stevie if he could acquire Stevie's talent in making those quality long range passes. (8/10).

Gerrard : Said it all along and said it again here Stevie has been an AM for as long as I could remember, he's not a born DM, so BR will just have to leave it that way and not do anything differently and get someone else to do the defensive job and to capitalise fully on Stevie's strength. We were a transformed team when Stevie moved further forward, his direct passes clearly shows that we don't have anyone else at the moment to get those quality early passes to the forward line. Stevie simply has got this vision and natural talent in him  (8.5/10)

Lallana: Putting his transfer fee aside, I've always rated Lallana, he resembles very much like our very own Craig Johnston. Harassing defenders non-stop, twisting and turning. He dares to take on defenders and create something out of nothing and that's what I like most, direct and bold. If BR could identify players that can do combos with Lallana, he'll be unstoppable and could only get better. He simply has got to be my MOTM (9/10)

Sterling: Everyone is entitled to have an off day in office, so Sterling had his today. He tried very hard and running non-stop and assisted in the 2nd goal. His first touch wasn't there as there could be reasons, I'd think he could be thinking who to pass the ball to when running towards the goal and non that he could see inside the box and that split second he could have lost concentration and possession. Suarez was smart he runs into space so that Sterling could see him early and we need to replicate that play. Players need to understand when Sterling is running at defenders, they must make forward runs ahead of Sterling into the box and not dilly dallying at the centre circle.  Won't start to cruxify him for having just one average game eventhough not fully his fault, at least he ran non-stop. Week in week out expecting him to take on defenders and score is asking too much of him. (7/10).

Coutinho : I've been critical of Cou of late but when I watched the games again, I can't blame him, Cou thrives on quick movement and at this moment the players in front of him is not moving quick enough and not linking up well with him. They're not making themselves available to receive the early ball from Cou and into the box. Cou is not one of the most physical around and he can't take on physical players, hence, we have to make best use of his quality in passes and that calls for players making intelligent movement into the box to receive Cou's passes. (6.5)

Henderson: Very hardworking and made some slick passes and one two combos, I'm beginning to feel that he's more suited to an AM role than a DM. Improved a lot on his shooting, used to end up at row Z, now it is on target. He and Lallana could both terrorizes defenders. Had a good game (8/10) 

Lambert : He tried his best but needs to improve on his shooting. We will need to realize fast that Lambert is not the type of forward that can curl a shot into the far top corner of the goal. He's the type of forward that shoots at sight or bundles the ball over the goal line with his physical presence. He's simply the old fashion type forward, he's not one for those slick one two combos, hence, when he's on the pitch next time I'd hope to see him more often inside the box not outside, harass defenders and forces the ball into goal, or get the wingers to drive the passes along the opposition goal line for him to tap in. Overall did well and as I've said we did not play to his strengths. (7/10)   

Substitutes :-

Balotelli: Did ok, at least he did not throw tantrums at the moment for not being in the first 11. Again, we need to play to Balo's strength. I've watched closely his days at Citeh, he's most dangerous when just outside the box moving into the box and if we can identify the players (Lallana and Sterling perhaps) that can do those one .. two .. three ... combos with him, he'll be unstoppable. He's not the type of forward that can take on defenders alone and score goals. (7/10)

Lucas: Did OK, he's still a bit slow but he's not known to be one of the fastest, who else do we have to play that DM role? (5/10). Said it time and again we should have bought a DM and not all those players that got loaned to other clubs eventually and a waste of resources. 

Johnson: I haven't got much good things to say about Glen last season, but being on the bench for a while did him a world of a good, he looks refreshed, assured and had a good game. It's right to replace Manquillo, after that poor pass that led to the goal, it could shaken up the confidence of the young lad a bit. (7.5/10)

Positives  : 

1. Players showed great commitment, that's the most important.
      2. Even Brom equalised, we didn't panic and got the winning goal.
      3. Promising signs are there, players have great individual quality in them and BR already knows what are those and have to identify a system to make them work as a cohesive unit and we can only improve from here.
      4. Goals are coming from elsewhere apart from the forward line. We will need to keep doing that until Sturridge is back. Shooting practice from this very moment is the top priority for every one. Everyone needs to chip in with a goal or two.   
      5. Pressed them all over the pitch with our non-stop running and tackling, that for me has won the game for us.
      6. We came out very physical in the 2nd half, that's what I like to see most. It gives the impression to the opposition players we're a very very difficult and physical team to play against. It creates that fear factor in them even before the ball is kicked.   

Negatives :-

1.  Still some way to go to get us to play the way we did like last season. I'm sure work in progress as far as BR is concern but has to progress faster.
      2. The midfield and forward is still not a well oiled unit, BR needs to get them to link up better.
      3.  Defence need to be more commanding in our box, stick to the next opposition player like a leech and not to give him space and time on the ball.
      4.  Our players need to stick closer to the nearest opposition players when not in possession of the ball, it's the one or two yards extra space that we gave to Brom that made them looked better than they are.   
      5.  The most negative of all is the blardy referee, I can see from his body language he pointed to the penalty spot half heartedly and he's not 100% sure it's a foul inside the box. Finds every opportunity to penalize us. 4 mins stoppage time, where did that come from? 3 the most I'd give.
      6.  We really need to get a quality DM in and move Stevie forward.
      7.  Need to improve on the quality of our crosses, it has been poor very very poor. When we have a target man like Balo, we need to put in those quality crosses for him to score.

Overall, very happy with the results and the players' performance. It can only get better from here.

These fooking internationals when is it going to stop, when we start to pick up momentum these useless internationals comes along. BR should report to that Owl that all our players picked for internationals have suddenly fallen sick due to some unknown mysterious virus.

Great post mate personally I would have been too busy drowning another beer, so I appreciate the incite as I have not seen the full match.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #397: Oct 05, 2014 01:47:51 am
      What only 14 pages after a win, you can imagine if we had at least double the number of posts.
      Strange concept of supporting the team!

Why do people get so concerned over the number of pages in a match thread?!

Well, at least we won, that's the main thing.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #398: Oct 05, 2014 01:49:11 am
      Glad we got the 3pts in the end. Phew.

Have to say, I thought WBA shaded it in the first half. Merely because of the fact they were the side who had confidence in themselves. I thought we were pretty ordinary where WBA were organised. Lallana's goal was just what we needed and what a superb goal it was. He pretty much made it on his own, with a nicely timed 1-2 with Henderson. The finish was exquisite.

I hadn't seen much of Lallana prior to his move to Liverpool and I can see what the hype was about, I think he's a real fit here in this side. Lovely feet, skill, with a work rate to match, I'm glad we've signed him as I think Rodgers can get even more out of this lad.

I know there is a bit of a 'hate in' on this forum for Johnson but here sits one poster who's as glad as f**k to see him back in the side. His experience, touch and better positional sense than Manquillo makes him a starter in my book. Their free kick penalty resulted from a shambolic pass from Manquillo to Lallana way up the other end and then they countered immediately and won that free kick penalty. That isn't the only reason why I think Johnson is a much better player at this stage of his career than Manquillo, the young Spaniard just lacks the composure and ability to pass/cross consistently and his positioning IMO isn't the best.

Anyway, I still think the system we played didn't really help our situation out. And it's fair to say Lambert looked no better than Mario playing that lone role which is why I believe Mario & Ricky need a strike partner. FWIW, when the Italian came on I think he did all he could do and was an immediate improvement on Lambert. His work rate was there (again) but the poor bloke has been asked to chase down defenders on his own and the 'lazy' forward has obliged.  His movement isn't the best though is it? But I think he looked much more of a goal threat today and considering I was an advocate of Gerrard in the DM, I thought the captain did alright further ahead and linked up quite nicely at times with Mario. I know Gerrard has the ability to play that infamous Gerrard/Torres position but I think it does ask a lot of the veteran's legs to play that position. However, it's good for Rodgers to have that option for the last twenty or so, where he can push Gerrard up further, because we looked a bit more dangerous there once Coutinho had departed.

I think we looked a very fragile side mentally until Lallana scored. We came out in the second half with a bit more confidence and tempo to our play (it is amazing to see how a goal impacts on a side low on confidence). Then, they equalized and you could almost see that bit of confidence we had zap from us - WBA grew. But we did show a real test of character at this point which has been missing too. This was typified by the goal scorer himself with a nice finish from the vice captain - well done Jordan - you need to do that much more often mate! For periods after that (when the confidence came back again) the tempo and passing came back to our game and we looked much much better. I still think had we of had two up top we'd have looked even better then, and more akin to the side last season who tore teams apart with it's high intensity and passing.

Lallana, MoTM.

We done lads, you showed more character and fire in the belly today and got your rewards as the confidence to your game in phases came back and you capitalised on it against a decent outfit.

:kop5cf8koxp6:

Oh, and it's nice to see the haters keeping the page numbers down in here, c#nts.  ;)
      « Last Edit: Oct 05, 2014 02:03:07 am by Beerbelly »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #399: Oct 05, 2014 02:08:43 am
      Lambert was ineffectual. I agree we can't rely on him [Sterling] solely but we won't when Sturridge is back because the rest of the team will play better, thus taking pressure off his young shoulders. But if you disagree with me, that's fine. We'll wait until Danny is back and see who is right. :)

If he can only play well when he has no pressure, then how good is he really?

That's a pretty foolish assertion on your part.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #400: Oct 05, 2014 10:13:43 am
      I think the main difference for us yesterday was the vast majority of our passes were forward, attacking passes rather than the backwards, sideways defensive passes we've been seeing lately. The main two protagonists of this prowess were Hendo and Lallana, without their determination yesterday methinks it would've been a totally different game.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #401: Oct 05, 2014 10:39:17 am
      Mignolet, was ok but he still doesn't fill with me confidence when any cross comes in.

Manquillo, I like but he was poor yesterday. Too many daft passes, caught out of position and looked completely off the pace. Can I really say I'd rather have Johnson?

Skrtel, was solid. Berahino gave both centre halves a tough game but I thought Skrtel did well.

Lovren, was shockingly bad. After a couple of good of good performances, he was back to his worst against the Baggies.

Moreno, the fella is a beast. My only worry with him is he's too gung ho at times and getting caught out of position - especially at the back end of games when we're winning.

Gerrard, was his usual calming self. When he moved further up the pitch, he was just as effective as he's always been in that position.

Henderson, clearly man of the match. It was the Henderson of last year, constantly running beyond the front man. Constantly in and around the opposition box which is what he should be doing.

Coutinho, ok but didn't do anything of note in my eyes.

Sterling, struggled to influence the game like he used to. Needs a kick up the arse.

Lallana, flashes in the first half that there's something there but almost invisible in the second half.

Lambert, has struggled to make the impact that I thought he could. Had a couple of chances but didn't make the most of them.

Johnson, typical performance almost. Always has a mistake in him.

Balotelli, linked up better than he has done in any previous game - Spurs included. Maybe an hour on the bench is what he needed. I'm still not convinced though.

Lucas, had a shot!!!!! Apart from that, he done is work well.

Weren't at our best but we won and that's all that matters.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #402: Oct 05, 2014 10:49:34 am
      « Last Edit: Oct 05, 2014 01:04:12 pm by eurored »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #403: Oct 05, 2014 10:58:07 am
      Our deputy mgr (Mid 50's, been with us for years, Chelsea season ticket holder, sensible football fan, nice fella etc) was saying to me last night that if Lallana was Spanish or Italian and did the stuff he does, people would be drooling about him. He's got a point in all honesty.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #404: Oct 05, 2014 11:10:12 am
      Happy we got the three points and that we didn't concede in open play.

Gave my Motm to Henderson.

We looked pretty good at times going forward but we are still fragile at the back.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #405: Oct 05, 2014 11:50:08 am
      A game we needed to win and the three points is always more important than the performance - but I thought there were some good signs, despite looking edgy at times.

Mignolet still fails to impose himself properly and makes me nervous whenever the ball is played in.

I quite like Manquillo, he doesn't seem to get beaten very often when one on one, but he needs to work on his distribution in the final third.  Moreno continues to impress, and looks to be a very good aquisition.

Lovren and Skrtel were ok in the first half, but very awkward in the second - don't know if the sun played a part but they did seem to misjudge a few times.  I think they both need to stay on their feet better at times, and Skrtel worries me every time he lunges in.  Still not convinced that they are the best pairing, but if not them who?

Gerrard had one of his better performances yesterday, and rolled back the years when he pushed up - if only he could play there for 90 every week.  The commentator mentioned that we had been working on getting Gerrard more space when marked closely and it seemed to work yesterday.

Gave my MOTM to Lallana, but was a toss up with Hendo.  Both of them have the energy we need to see in midfield, and the more I see of Lallana the more he seems to be settling in and getting on the same wavelength.  Hendo seems to be getting back to where he was last year, and showed his leadership I thought when Coutinho was subbed and he was talking to him as he went off.

On Coutinho, was better and it will come I am sure.

Sterling was a bit off the pace today (thought his first touch was poor a few times) - but still created the winner with determination and drive.  Two days off and he should be fine.

Lambert worked hard and obviously needs game time - but probably won't get too much.

Balotelli will be a much better player when alongside Studge I think, and I look forward to seeing them play together in 2 weeks time hopefully.  Couple of nice touches and maybe the rest will do him good.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #406: Oct 05, 2014 01:16:40 pm
      it might be interesting to see what an inform trio of Henderson, Lallana and Allen might do.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #407: Oct 05, 2014 02:19:19 pm
      it might be interesting to see what an inform trio of Henderson, Lallana and Allen might do.

I've been thinking the same. One thing's for certain, we wouldn't be short of energy in midfield.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #408: Oct 05, 2014 02:33:38 pm
      Weren't at our best but we won and that's all that matters.
      Ain't that the truth.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #409: Oct 05, 2014 03:31:12 pm
      Was a decent goal by Lallana
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #410: Oct 05, 2014 03:33:42 pm
      Great post mate personally I would have been too busy drowning another beer, so I appreciate the incite as I have not seen the full match.

I can only best describe the players' performance based on 90 mins that they're on the pitch and the factors that may or could have affected their performance without being over critical on their weaknesses while not ignoring their positive contributions. The signs are there that we can only get better when the lads have more game time together and I'm confident of that happening after watching yesterday's game. WBA is by no means easy to play against and they looked very much like a team that has settled down early. 
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #411: Oct 05, 2014 04:37:27 pm
      Relieved to see we got the 3 points.  Did we play amazing?   No.  Can we build on this performance?  Hell yes!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #412: Oct 05, 2014 07:31:41 pm
      Lose to Basel, 20 pages.

Beat West Brom, 14 pages.

Oh well it's nice to see people are you just as happy to enjoy a victory as they are wallowing in defeat.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #413: Oct 05, 2014 08:24:25 pm
      Lose to Basel, 20 pages.

Beat West Brom, 14 pages.

Oh well it's nice to see people are you just as happy to enjoy a victory as they are wallowing in defeat.
      I suppose we can all be just as critical in victory as we are in defeat.. We moan more when we get beat and we strive for more when we win.. We are Liverpool Football Club....

A lot of the time, for me, the girls and boys who have posted before on a "post match discussion"  pretty much say what I was gonna say anyway.. a hell of a lot us think the same way..don't we..

I gave my MOTM to Lallana.. His first touch and distribution was ace !!.. and he played just ahead of Henderson and was more of a threat.. hence my decision..

Think Ricky Lambert's suffering from that Robbie Keane syndrome.. Loves the club, supported LFC as a kid, has the club in his heart, yet when he signs and puts on the shirt, it just doesn't happen..well, its not happening yet anyway..

Balotelli got on to the ball more and played some nice one two's which was a lot better..

Lovren didn't have a good game for me..

but we won...and so did most of the teams above and around us, so it was a nervy 3 points we needed..

2 week gap now to work on the training pitch.. and hopefully some serious training and none of this heading tennis sh*t !!

Quick Reply