Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

QPR 2:3 Liverpool, In game & post match "discussion".

Read 35148 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Re: QPR 2:3 Liverpool, In game & post match "discussion".
      Reply #690: Oct 19, 2014 09:34:38 pm
      it was the flippant BOOO BIRDS comment suggesting some are unhappy we won because they cant moan.

It doesn't apply to you so why does it bother you so much? There is a contingent of our "fans" that seem to live to constantly be negative and are only happy when their pessimism and negativity are proved right.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #691: Oct 19, 2014 09:37:58 pm
      It doesn't apply to you so why does it bother you so much? There is a contingent of our "fans" that seem to live to constantly be negative and are only happy when their pessimism and negativity are proved right.

I don't consider them I am worried that some think because we won today everything is OK. You only had to look at Stevies face to see how concerned he is. Finishing second last season playing champagne football and with over £100mil invested we should at least be able to defend free kicks and corners
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #692: Oct 19, 2014 09:39:57 pm
      Another win.

It's in the history books as a Liverpool win. One of those games we'll look back on come the end of the season and say "that was the real turning point." We've won a game that we probably shouldn't of. Rather than f**king bitching about, let's enjoy it, build on it and start stringing these wins together.

Any win is a welcomed one by me.

Thank you Reds.

You're right we won the battle but we are TOTALLY losing the war , IF this continues.

Onwards and upwards
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #693: Oct 19, 2014 09:40:46 pm
      We won ffs.  We got 3 points.  It's not f**king "Strictly" you know where you get extra points for playing well.

Spot on mate, the only benefit we would have gained by playing well today would be that we could look forward to the Madrid game without doing the "Spanish two step" at the thought.

Like most games so far this season we have to be grateful we got points out of it and try to forget just how poorly we played as quickly as possible.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #694: Oct 19, 2014 09:44:13 pm
      I don't consider them I am worried that some think because we won today everything is OK. You only had to look at Stevies face to see how concerned he is. Finishing second last season playing champagne football and with over £100mil invested we should at least be able to defend free kicks and corners
      I think you are misunderstanding my hope as naïveté. I know we are struggling, we look like crap and its worrisome, but even with all that, we are getting points and making up ground and that's the best we can hope for while this thing HOPEFULLY gets turned around.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #695: Oct 19, 2014 10:08:18 pm
      Spot on mate, the only benefit we would have gained by playing well today would be that we could look forward to the Madrid game without doing the "Spanish two step" at the thought.

Like most games so far this season we have to be grateful we got points out of it and try to forget just how poorly we played as quickly as possible.

Which is why I refuse to be dragged into the negativity mate.  We played like sh*t but we won, I've also seen enough of our play this season to know we can play better.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #696: Oct 19, 2014 10:56:18 pm
      I really really dread Madrid mid-week with some of this defence.

Skrtel was sh*t against part-timers Havant and Waterlooville in his debut years back, and he's even shi**er.

Any idea that he was any 'good' is a myth that was perpetuated by having real quality centre backs in Carragher, Hypia and Agger, covering up what a complete tool of a player he was.

Skrtel was - and always will - be the runt of the litter in defence. Until he leaves, our defensive woes will just continue.

I will bang on about how utter sh*te this man is because this forum seems deluded about him being some kind of 'hard man'. Part one of solving our problems is getting rid of him rather than Balotelli who's got most of the criticism today.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #697: Oct 19, 2014 11:02:58 pm
      The only thing I dread about Madrid is that I will miss the game. I relish the opportunity to measure ourselves against them and see what we are made of.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #698: Oct 19, 2014 11:07:20 pm

Skrtel was sh*t against part-timers Havant and Waterlooville in his debut years back, and he's even shi**er.

Any idea that he was any 'good' is a myth that was perpetuated by having real quality centre backs in Carragher, Hypia and Agger, covering up what a complete tool of a player he was.

Skrtel was - and always will - be the runt of the litter in defence. Until he leaves, our defensive woes will just continue.

I will bang on about how utter sh*te this man is because this forum seems deluded about him being some kind of 'hard man'. Part one of solving our problems is getting rid of him rather than Balotelli who's got most of the criticism today.

As bad as Skrtel was he also made a goal line clearance and made a good clearance as the ball was gifted to Austin for an easy finish.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #699: Oct 19, 2014 11:09:06 pm
      The only thing I dread about Madrid is that I will miss the game. I relish the opportunity to measure ourselves against them and see what we are made of.

I have predicted a 2-0 win for us .... obviously I am hoping for some slight improvement on todays performance.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #700: Oct 19, 2014 11:16:46 pm

Lovren has been much worse. I can't find it now but apparently there's a stat that says out of 13 goals conceded Lovren's been at fault for 8 of them.

The amount of times he comes out to midfield (yup, midfield) to attack the ball, only to let it drop behind him is absolutely insane. That needs to stop sharpish. Also, almost every other header he does connect with, ends up going to an opposing player. It was very much evident today

Skrtel is poor, Lovren is a liability and has been worse
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #701: Oct 19, 2014 11:29:37 pm
      That was dire.

I feel a little sorry for QPR though they did well to at least get a draw out of this. It really should have been using a hammer to crack a wallnut given the 110m we spent in the summer and the fact QPR had 12 players in their squad come start of August.

Not sure what our tactic and game plan was today having Lallana and Sterling both out wide hugging the touch line on such a small and narrow pitch was absurd. Our defence was a shambles alot of people here crucifying the centre halfs our problems were from the left and right back positions we couldn't clear our lines if our lives depended on it and who knows what we do at training to adress set pieces?

Balotelli was just awful and made himself a liabillity in attack more often then a threat to QPR, definetly not suited to the lone striker role as his positioning and movement don't suit that role.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #702: Oct 20, 2014 12:44:22 am
      Surprised the bus didn't get pulled over by the cops on the way out of London.
      Robbed them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #703: Oct 20, 2014 12:45:28 am
      I have predicted a 2-0 win for us .... obviously I am hoping for some slight improvement on todays performance.

Just a bit eh Saint...;D
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #704: Oct 20, 2014 12:47:30 am
      I don't think this rotation business at such an early stage of the season is helping matters, especially given we're rotating so many new players in and out of the team. Rotation works fine if you've a squad that's been together for some time but with so many new players, both old and new need time to gel but they can't do that if they're in the team one week, out of it the next.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #705: Oct 20, 2014 01:11:02 am
      Our high pressing game and energy straight out of the blocks defined the season, last season.
      That type of game is dependant on the strikers setting the tempo, putting defenders under pressure, forcing mistakes.
      That's one of the things Suarez was so good at. Never giving them a break.

We don't have that anymore.
      Big problem, possibly means last seasons work will be undone.
      Same system not effective without the right front men.

Oh, and who would have thought the defence could get worse.

Utter Garbage. Still Win.

Sign of Champions.

:f_tongueincheek:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,694 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #706: Oct 20, 2014 08:15:39 am
      Surprised the bus didn't get pulled over by the cops on the way out of London.
      Robbed them.

Did the Blueshit a month ago were caught? No, neither so a little karma is good :D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #707: Oct 20, 2014 08:22:37 am
      See the owl left with 10mins to go?.... Coincidence? I think not. When hes in the stadium we are muck.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #708: Oct 20, 2014 09:01:23 am
      I thought we'd struggle beforehand. And for most of the game, we were the weaker team.
      Thought we were really REALLY bad. Raheem and maybe Mignolet excluded. OK we played sh*t and won. And position wise, except for Chelsea and prob the Mancs(Mon night match) we don't look THAT bad.

Turning pt for Balojelly with me. His last chance is playing alongside Sturr. But F**k, that guy is a waster. And I'm not even into "workrate" type players.

Even more fortunate with QPR's defensive ballsups.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #709: Oct 20, 2014 09:05:30 am
      Defensive cockups aside, I thought the last 10 minutes was some of the best football we've played this season.

Quick, decisive counter attacking
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #710: Oct 20, 2014 09:08:04 am
      We're missing the final piece to our puzzle. That's a mobile striker who runs in behind and creates space through the middle. Balotelli is a deadwood that clogs our midfield and then stands up top with his back turned then occasionally looking over his shoulder. If we were to play a Borini down the middle I think we would get a lot more goals coming from midfield at least if he doesnt score. He is a  willing runner and is desperate to fight for his place.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #711: Oct 20, 2014 09:08:23 am
      Defensive cockups aside, I thought the last 10 minutes was some of the best football we've played this season.

Quick, decisive counter attacking

Yeah there was some positivity amongst the calamity. If we could just sort out the defensive side of our play.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #712: Oct 20, 2014 09:16:51 am
      The back 4 come in for stick again and mostly rightly so but again it was obvious they were under constant pressure. One ball out from their midfield would have us under the cosh. The midfield of Can, Hendo and Stevie offered no protection at all.

I have said it many times their is something systemically wrong with our set up that makes us so vulnerable defensively. Individually our defenders are pretty decent but as a collective during a match........OML!

Brendan has been here 3 years and this is an area that we are seeing deteriorate to new levels of incompetence.

Quick Reply