Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Mignolet
      3 (3%)
      Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2%)
      Johnson
      1 (1%)
      Gerrard
      2 (2%)
      Henderson
      1 (1%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Sterling
      34 (34%)
      Coutinho
      44 (44%)
      Balotelli
      2 (2%)
      Lallana
      10 (10%)
      Can
      1 (1%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: Oct 25, 2014 09:45:43 pm

Liverpool 0-3 Real Madrid: In game and Post Match Disappointment

Read 42224 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Liverpool 0-3 Real Madrid: In game and Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #575: Oct 22, 2014 10:06:21 pm
      apparently we are all tw*t , just look at what someone saying about us on RAWK 

By the way, just like to applaud all the posters on here.

I was on the forum LFC Reds, and it was just sickening abuse at Rodgers that he should be sacked and that winning the League Cup a few years back was preferable to Champions League nights.

A lot of work still needs to be done, none more so from Brendan himself, but I have every confidence in him to deliver even in this barren spell.

Congratulations to all posters on RAWK, you are a breath of fresh air compared to the tw*ts on LFC Reds.

F***ing shocking

Obviously someone from here who posts there to. Good to see they tar every member of this forum with the same brush! Clown
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #576: Oct 22, 2014 10:06:21 pm
      They took their foot off the gas in the second half and we played better but defence is shocking at times and we are in need of a striker that will run his socks off up front . I watched the game on lfc TV of the 4-0 and even though Torres didn't have a sniff he run himself into the ground up front and that's where we are lacking as well as the general organisation of defending set peices.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,707 posts | 7164 
      Reply #577: Oct 22, 2014 10:06:45 pm
      Did he say that? If so he needs to have a word with himself. You don't win halves, you win games, those things made of two halves.

Real Madrid wore carpet slippers second half
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #578: Oct 22, 2014 10:07:08 pm
      Did he say that? If so he needs to have a word with himself. You don't win halves, you win games, those things made of two halves.

Yep post match interview mate, couldn't believe it. When Madrid are in 5th gear if we're lucky and we're outstanding, it was a bit embarrassing that comment.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Reply #579: Oct 22, 2014 10:07:20 pm
      Nah just got to hold your hands up on that one. Super pass, lighting quick run and outstanding finish.

It was what followed that really disappointed me.

yeah good call, I'm getting too hung up on defending, appreciate the attack but our defending just makes me think that way at the mo
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #580: Oct 22, 2014 10:07:44 pm

If he did it doesn't matter once he let them have it in private. If hes bull shitting them to there faces were fooked
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #581: Oct 22, 2014 10:08:25 pm
      Yep post match interview mate, couldn't believe it. When Madrid are in 5th gear if we're lucky and we're outstanding, it was a bit embarrassing that comment.

:f_doh:
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #582: Oct 22, 2014 10:09:42 pm

Only just heard Brendan

solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #583: Oct 22, 2014 10:10:14 pm
      I thought Arbeloa should have been red-carded in the first half. No?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,707 posts | 7164 
      Reply #584: Oct 22, 2014 10:10:43 pm
      If he did it doesn't matter once he let them have it in private. If hes bull shitting them to there faces were fooked

his bullshit is what I don't like about him I don't believe a lot of what he says.His Ego is the other he thought a player abandoned by better managers than Brendan a player who has only ONE assist in the premiership could be made into a world beater by his own hands.Get over your self Brendan
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #585: Oct 22, 2014 10:11:21 pm
      hamman said balo is a F***ing disgrace on RTE after match coverage
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #586: Oct 22, 2014 10:12:10 pm
      Not sure why some people believe they are holier than other supporters.  You can support the club your way and they can theirs.  People also vent differently as well.... this is a forum afterall.  Different opinions are welcomed... dont need a sheep mentality here.

For me I think we lost that liverpool attacking flow we had last year.  Everytime we moved the ball up I felt we had a good chance to score.  This season... it is a pray for something will happen deal.  Suarez gone and sturridge hurt does affect us yes.  However the movement from the entire team has weakened.  I found it frustrated to see the defense try to pass the ball around and after 10 touches they are nowhere more up the field.  We all know migs isnt the best with his feet yet they slot passes to him with an attacker running down his throat.  So mig obviously punts it and we lose the ball. 

We also rip on johnson alot.. and yes the guy deserves it ;D.  But I also find moreno out of position a ton as well.  The kid has speed and can help with the attack but I always say to the kids that play defense I coach... you are a defender first and everything else is secondary.  This is my biggest problem with glen as well.. he always takes thr ball high up the pitch.. loses it and doesnt have the steam to run back

Gerrard.  Ok I actually thought he had a decent first half.  Some of his critical defending and long balls does demonstrate why he is still one of our most completr players... heck I see him hustling back when other midfields or defenders and standing around.  However gerrard of now needs support and when hendo is kind of off his game we start seeing the lack of ability the move the ball up so we have to hoof it

Allen. The lad has some skill but imo he is way too lightweight.  This isnt sunday league soccer... he needs to eat pure protein and live at the gym.  He gets roughed off the ball so damn easy. He cant control the midfield if he is swan diving all the time

Lallana. Solid player... should started

Balotelli... dissapointed in him really. 

Sterling.  He is class. He needs support his teammates... if we dont improve I can see him leaving in the summee or next year.  We need pacey players around him

Defense.  What defense?  We are like 100 mil invested and we dont have one defensive player that would make the real madrid team today.  It is frustratingly shocking how bad our transfers are.  Sometimes I get why other clubs laugh at us.  We spend like a big club but we have really nothing to show for it. 

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #587: Oct 22, 2014 10:12:34 pm
      his bullshit is what I don't like about him I don't believe a lot of what he says.His Ego is the other he thought a player abandoned by better managers than Brendan a player who has only ONE assist in the premiership could be made into a world beater by his own hands.Get over your self Brendan

Calm down mate, you are not doing yourself any favours.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #588: Oct 22, 2014 10:13:04 pm
      As much as that result hurts, I still have a feeling we will get out of the Group. It's written in the stars that our first game in the knockout stages will be Barca at home! The return of Luis!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #589: Oct 22, 2014 10:14:46 pm
      Looks like those of us who suggested spending big bucks on 2 or 3 top class players may have had a point.

Lovren and Markovic £40M. Brilliant.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #590: Oct 22, 2014 10:14:55 pm
      As much as that result hurts, I still have a feeling we will get out of the Group. It's written in the stars that our first game in the knockout stages will be Barca at home! The return of Luis!

F**k that!

Could you imagine what Luis would do to us. Now you've said it Ian I'm going to have nightmares about Luis getting a hat-trick against us, that would be hard to take.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #591: Oct 22, 2014 10:14:59 pm
      Let's be honest, we're a very average team compared to RM. Let's not dwell on Suarez anymore, he's gone and he's gone for good. We've bought too many average players except Can and Lallana. Johnson is fcking embarassing everything went pass him, he can't even make a simple forward pass anymore without becoming a big time liability.  BR, have some balls to get rid of him, his sell by date has expired long time ago, look at his passes and look at his body language.

I just wonder what is in BR's mind and tactics in this game? Playing without a striker and Lallana and the rest pin-balling just outside RM's box without any real intend or purpose. RM must be wondering are we drunk or something. For fooks sake BR, if you intend to play without a recognised striker, reherase and reherse and reherse those runs into the box by our non-strikers and let them play in a cohesive manner, not doing it during match day. Obviously we are doing it on match day.

Why Cou out and Allen still on the pitch I don't understand.

Looking at how Lallana, Sterling and the rest held up the ball outside the box clearly shows that we did nothing in training to compensate for the lost of Sturridge. Inside the box, we tried walking the ball into goal suggests that we simply don't have a game plan to break down RM's defence, every ball into their box is done at random.

Every pass into RM's box is at random, hoping for the best. RM's coach must be laughing all the way to their dressing room after the final whistle looking at how naive is BR's tactics.

I did not watch the first half and was Balo on, ok Balo has been bloody poor so far but a striker is a striker and without him on the pitch makes RM defence job so much easier.

Markovic, i don't even want to start talking about him, he's the total opposite of what was said about him.

Ya .... ya .... ya ... we bought for the future with plenty of rough diamonds, if we can't win trophies today what's there to talk about tomorrow?

But I'm impressed with Can, it's a waste of his talent where his forward surging runs is not complimented by the tactics and the quality of those in front of him.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,707 posts | 7164 
      Reply #592: Oct 22, 2014 10:16:00 pm
      Who cares what they said are you not a proud Red? You say you are close to 50 but your posting is like a 10 year old who is only bothered when we win!

Do you know who they are?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #593: Oct 22, 2014 10:16:44 pm
      apparently we are all tw*t , just look at what someone saying about us on RAWK 

By the way, just like to applaud all the posters on here.

I was on the forum LFC Reds, and it was just sickening abuse at Rodgers that he should be sacked and that winning the League Cup a few years back was preferable to Champions League nights.

A lot of work still needs to be done, none more so from Brendan himself, but I have every confidence in him to deliver even in this barren spell.

Congratulations to all posters on RAWK, you are a breath of fresh air compared to the tw*ts on LFC Reds.

F***ing shocking

Yeah, like RAWK is the picture perfect forum that they make it out to be.

Place is a piss-pot of knee-jerking tw*ts the majority of the time. That's why they have to close off registrations for 90% of the year.

The irony is real.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #594: Oct 22, 2014 10:16:54 pm
      We're useless if the attack is futile, and tonight it showed again.

For a start, we seriously need to be coached on set pieces and yes that is Brendan's responsibility.

But it doesn't matter when one striker is causing such an imbalance as to destroy us.  Balotelli is just awful.

I hope to see Lallana play as a false 9 until Sturridge comes back. He linked up well, tracked back well - all in all, offering options in attack and defence. Balotelli's had his opportunities - he is losing us points everytime he plays now.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,707 posts | 7164 
      Reply #595: Oct 22, 2014 10:17:22 pm
      Looks like those of us who suggested spending big bucks on 2 or 3 top class players may have had a point.

That policy seemed to work well in the past buying 10 avg players seems to be something new.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,707 posts | 7164 
      Reply #596: Oct 22, 2014 10:18:39 pm
      We're useless if the attack is futile, and tonight it showed again.

For a start, we seriously need to be coached on set pieces and yes that is Brendan's responsibility.

But it doesn't matter when one striker is causing such an imbalance as to destroy us.  Balotelli is just awful.

I hope to see Lallana play as a false 9 until Sturridge comes back. He linked up well, tracked back well - all in all, offering options in attack and defence. Balotelli's had his opportunities - he is losing us points everytime he plays now.

why do you post sensible stuff like this then a load of crap attacking very well respected posters on another thread.Do you have a twin
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #597: Oct 22, 2014 10:19:18 pm

+ 1

;D

Quick Reply