Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Mario Balotelli’s scapegoating hides the real issues at Liverpool

Read 13497 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Mario Balotelli’s scapegoating hides the real issues at Liverpool
      Reply #161: Oct 27, 2014 05:07:51 pm
      However we shouldn't be ........ not after two and a half years of being the manager.

to be fair, we are going through almost a "perfect storm", so i won't blame the manager's approach too much. losing the 3rd best striker in the world, then losing one of the best strikers in the country to injury, added the influx of 8 or 9 new players, 4 or 5 of whom are featuring in the first 11 regularly...we gotta cut ourselves some slack. our players and the team are way better than the results suggest, and it will come good
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #162: Oct 27, 2014 05:10:11 pm
      Thats spot on Debs.

However we shouldn't be ........ not after two and a half years of being the manager.

We shouldn't Skip but due to Danny's injury we've had no choice but to try to change how we played last season.  New system of playing for the short term whilst he's out, hence why I'm confident we'll improve once Danny's back.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #163: Oct 27, 2014 05:16:32 pm
      We shouldn't Skip but due to Danny's injury we've had no choice but to try to change how we played last season.  New system of playing for the short term whilst he's out, hence why I'm confident we'll improve once Danny's back.

There is no doubt we will improve once Danny is back but I suppose the fear is with his injury record we are more than likely to lose him again before the season ends.
      Hence we need to make a move in January for a Sturridge like forward - or put simply someone better than Balotelli and Lambert.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #164: Oct 27, 2014 05:29:56 pm
      There is no doubt we will improve once Danny is back but I suppose the fear is with his injury record we are more than likely to lose him again before the season ends.
      Hence we need to make a move in January for a Sturridge like forward - or put simply someone better than Balotelli and Lambert.

I've not seen any reports that we won't do that mate but not many were saying it in the summer, it was all about replacing Luis rather than cover for Danny.  Funny how clever we are with hindsight.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #165: Oct 28, 2014 02:11:28 am
      Moses received the amount of stick he got last season because he was F***ing sh*te. Plain and simple.

Haven't seen DanMann jump to Allen's defence, although, to be fair he, like Moses and Balotelli, has deserved large parts of his criticism. From this I can only deduce that DM hates whitey, especially the Welsh, which is understandable.  ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #166: Oct 28, 2014 07:42:44 am
      The days of sh*t loads of goals are gone, you know that.
      No I didn't know that; I must have missed the memo. When did they go? It wasn't last season.  :o

The Elite Club for those scoring 20 and 30 a season these days is very exclusive.
      We had one of each last season. The fact that the Champions, in most seasons, have one or two members of that "Club" shouldn't be over-looked mate. It's hard to win the league without them [strikers who's rate is under 1 in 2].  :-\

Work rate counts for a lot among Liverpool Fans.
      It does indeed but work-rate (especially for a centre-F***ing-forward) is nothing without end product.

Look at Dirk Kuyt for example, hand full of goals most seasons but he was loved for how hard he worked. Bellamy wasn't prolific but had a great rapport with the crowd. Crouch, again always did his job and most of us hated the fact he left when he did.
      Dirk Kuyt's 'end product' wasn't goals mate: it was very much work-rate based. The fact that he added a handful of goals each season was a bonus.

Craig Bellamy only ever played about 50 games for us [in two spells]; he didn't start in many of them and when he did, it wasn't as a centre-forward. Craig was moved on, first time 'round, after only 27 games, in which he scored roughly 1 goal in every 4 games.

Peter Crouch (work rate(?) or not) was never prolific enough, for a top team with ambition, roughly 1 goal in every 4 games. Like Craig, he was moved on as soon as we could afford better.

So there you have it jc... as a forward; it matters F**k all how much of a shift you put in if you can't score goals. [at least it shouldn't].

It's been nice chatting... although I'm still not sure if you 'rate' Mario as being good enough or not but listen; if all it takes is for him to put a shift in (for you to appreciate him) - then fair enough: you are entitled to that opinion and I'm cool with that.  8)

« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2014 08:01:00 am by bad boy bubby »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #167: Oct 28, 2014 12:02:50 pm
      some shocking posts in here.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #168: Oct 28, 2014 09:01:13 pm
      read my signature and you will understand, shankly will be turning in his grave

Quick Reply