Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Huddersfield [Premier League] Fri 26th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Football Manager 2015

Read 21044 times
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,719 posts | 2314 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Football Manager 2015
      Reply #75: May 29, 2015 03:38:46 pm
      Started a game with Bournemouth and won the Championship quite easily. They already have a good team in there so I only needed a couple of additions and loans to add more depth. The funny thing is: Bournemouth won the Championship, Watford went up as runners-up and Norwich won the Playoff Final against Middlesbrough by 2-0. FM can be amazingly accurate sometimes! :D

I'm now building my team for the EPL. I was given £20M but I always spend most of the money on 48 installments so I get to spend more than that, and I've also manage to sell a few players. The main players I've signed so far are Khune (great keeper, very cheap), Balanta (possibly the best defender in the game), Kondogbia (transfer listed by Monaco, cost me only £4M, hope to be a great addition), Will Hughes (a favourite of mine there) and Jordan Rhodes (he was European Golden Boot twice in a row in my Blackburn save, here's hope he can do that again).
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,162 posts | 1351 
      Reply #76: May 29, 2015 03:49:30 pm
      Started a game with Bournemouth and won the Championship quite easily. They already have a good team in there so I only needed a couple of additions and loans to add more depth. The funny thing is: Bournemouth won the Championship, Watford went up as runners-up and Norwich won the Playoff Final against Middlesbrough by 2-0. FM can be amazingly accurate sometimes! :D

I'm now building my team for the EPL. I was given £20M but I always spend most of the money on 48 installments so I get to spend more than that, and I've also manage to sell a few players. The main players I've signed so far are Khune (great keeper, very cheap), Balanta (possibly the best defender in the game), Kondogbia (transfer listed by Monaco, cost me only £4M, hope to be a great addition), Will Hughes (a favourite of mine there) and Jordan Rhodes (he was European Golden Boot twice in a row in my Blackburn save, here's hope he can do that again).

Sounds like a great game for you so far. I've recently got a new laptop so I'm starting a new save, was going to pick Bournemouth but opted for Watford. Looking at buying a right back (Cedric), centre back (Martin Latka) and a right winger (Pablo Hervias). I somehow managed to get 7m for Anya who looks fairly poor going off his attributes.
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,719 posts | 2314 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #77: May 29, 2015 03:53:58 pm
      Sounds like a great game for you so far. I've recently got a new laptop so I'm starting a new save, was going to pick Bournemouth but opted for Watford. Looking at buying a right back (Cedric), centre back (Martin Latka) and a right winger (Pablo Hervias). I somehow managed to get 7m for Anya who looks fairly poor going off his attributes.

I was surprised how easily I won the Championship, I even sent my assistant to some games near the end as I was bored with the 46 games long competition! Bournemouth have a very decent squad for that level, with some standout players such as Cook in defence, Ritchie on the wing and Wilson upfront.

I have a suggestion for you if you need a CB: Gyomber. He's relatively cheap (signed him for £2M while I was still in the Championship) but he's a pretty solid defender. Also had him before in my long Blackburn save, only sold him to Atletico Madrid after a few years when Kurt Zouma and Balanta turned into absolute beasts and Gyomber was complaining about lack of game time.
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,719 posts | 2314 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #78: May 29, 2015 04:18:47 pm
      My team for the EPL is looking like this so far:

Khune; Flanagan* (Nica), Gyomber (Cook), Balanta (Vallejo), Daniels (De Ceglie*); Ritchie (Fraser), Kondogbia (André André), Hughes (Arter), Bernardeschi* (Pugh); Wilson (Rantie), Rhodes

* on loan

It's a pretty solid team to be honest, although I'm really lacking in the attacking midfield department... I've got no proper AM to speak of, which isn't as much of a problem currently as I'm planning to stick to my 4-4-2 tactics which I used in the championship, but really limits my ability of playing different tactics. I usually do use attacking midfielders so going a whole season without one is going to be a challenge.

I still have some money (around £3m) left from selling the right back Francis to WBA so I'll try to use that towards bringing an AM. I've tried a couple on loan but they've rejected me :(
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,162 posts | 1351 
      Reply #79: May 29, 2015 05:01:53 pm
      I was surprised how easily I won the Championship, I even sent my assistant to some games near the end as I was bored with the 46 games long competition! Bournemouth have a very decent squad for that level, with some standout players such as Cook in defence, Ritchie on the wing and Wilson upfront.

I have a suggestion for you if you need a CB: Gyomber. He's relatively cheap (signed him for £2M while I was still in the Championship) but he's a pretty solid defender. Also had him before in my long Blackburn save, only sold him to Atletico Madrid after a few years when Kurt Zouma and Balanta turned into absolute beasts and Gyomber was complaining about lack of game time.

You must have a pretty decent assistant then, whenever I've tried that in the past my assistant has ballsed things up and got battered :D. Funny you should mention Cook, I was in negotiations with Bournemouth for him but they wanted 5m, a right back is a bigger priority so I had to withdraw. I'm undecided whether to stick with their usual 3-5-2 formation or change it.
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,719 posts | 2314 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #80: May 29, 2015 06:23:52 pm
      You must have a pretty decent assistant then, whenever I've tried that in the past my assistant has ballsed things up and got battered :D. Funny you should mention Cook, I was in negotiations with Bournemouth for him but they wanted 5m, a right back is a bigger priority so I had to withdraw. I'm undecided whether to stick with their usual 3-5-2 formation or change it.

I usually change my assistant manager as soon as I start a game, unless it's already a decent one. I normally look for assistants that have high "judging player ability/potential" because I tend to take the assistant's judgement of players in consideration when building my squads. In this game I signed Vic Bettinelli as my assistant, he's usually a goalkeeping coach but he has pretty good stats overall.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,162 posts | 1351 
      Reply #81: May 30, 2015 11:32:53 am
      I usually change my assistant manager as soon as I start a game, unless it's already a decent one. I normally look for assistants that have high "judging player ability/potential" because I tend to take the assistant's judgement of players in consideration when building my squads. In this game I signed Vic Bettinelli as my assistant, he's usually a goalkeeping coach but he has pretty good stats overall.

I tried changing my assistant but the board refused as they said they can't afford the compensation. I signed Hervias, Munir (Loan), Abeid (Loan) and Patric. I sent a young lad called Murray out on loan with a couple of other younger players. It came back to bite me on the arse when I was picking my team for my first league match when it said I needed to put 6 HG players into the match day squad. When did that rule come in?! :D I had to pick some rubbish youngsters as 3 of my HG lads were injured. Not impressed  :-\
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #82: May 31, 2015 11:29:56 am
      Good to see this thread alive! :D

Started one with Schalke. Got f**k all money to play with in the first season but got Munir and Rafinha on loan and pushed for the title but lost the second last game of the season to Bayern 1-0 away from home (f**k you Sidney Sam for missing 3 sitters) and ended up third.

Second season now and got Munir in on loan for a further two seasons, plus Rafinha for one more. Also signed Balanta because you have to in this game and i needed depth in quality alongside Nastastic and Howedes.

Signed Zivkovic and Fierro for strikers as i had to get by with Munir, Choupo-Moting and Sidney Sam last season.

It's a pretty fun save. Bayern are so good but i have done well against them each time i have played. Hopefully just get in the top 3 again and continue to improve the team.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,162 posts | 1351 
      Reply #83: May 31, 2015 10:27:23 pm
      Good to see this thread alive! :D

Started one with Schalke. Got f**k all money to play with in the first season but got Munir and Rafinha on loan and pushed for the title but lost the second last game of the season to Bayern 1-0 away from home (f**k you Sidney Sam for missing 3 sitters) and ended up third.

Second season now and got Munir in on loan for a further two seasons, plus Rafinha for one more. Also signed Balanta because you have to in this game and i needed depth in quality alongside Nastastic and Howedes.

Signed Zivkovic and Fierro for strikers as i had to get by with Munir, Choupo-Moting and Sidney Sam last season.

It's a pretty fun save. Bayern are so good but i have done well against them each time i have played. Hopefully just get in the top 3 again and continue to improve the team.

On the previous games I've done Munir, Saul and Rafinha were always my go to loans if I didn't have much to spend. Schalke have some pretty good younger players on it don't they? The likes of Draxler, Nastasic, Meyer etc. Zivkovic and Fierro are top purchases. How well did you do in the Champions League?

I restarted my Watford game and tried to do it properly with the HG players. I also had to loan a keeper as my first two got injured for 2 months in pre-season.  After 6 league games and 2 league cup games I've only conceded 2 and I'm top of the league with 5 wins and 1 draw. Loving the 3-5-2.
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,719 posts | 2314 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #84: Jun 01, 2015 06:04:31 pm

Haha so true. Balanta is the best defender. And the funny thing is that in real life, he is not even playing at River (I watched them 3 or 4 times in the Copa Libertadores and he wasn't in the lineup). Not sure if he's injured or something like that.

I signed Balanta for my Bournemouth team and it's amazing the difference he makes. Gyomber and Cook are both good players but not even close to him. Balanta got injured for a month and I drew 1 and lost 4 in this period. He came back and I got a clean sheet in a 5-0 win against Hull.

I'm mid table right now (around 7th/8th) which is great for a recently promoted team. Rhodes scores for fun as usual and Ritchie is an assist machine in the EPL as well. I got a young guy from Italy who's pretty good as well, though a bit inconsistent - Federico Bernardeschi. Check him out if you're looking for wingers.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #85: Jun 02, 2015 12:40:33 am
      Haha so true. Balanta is the best defender. And the funny thing is that in real life, he is not even playing at River (I watched them 3 or 4 times in the Copa Libertadores and he wasn't in the lineup). Not sure if he's injured or something like that.

I signed Balanta for my Bournemouth team and it's amazing the difference he makes. Gyomber and Cook are both good players but not even close to him. Balanta got injured for a month and I drew 1 and lost 4 in this period. He came back and I got a clean sheet in a 5-0 win against Hull.

I'm mid table right now (around 7th/8th) which is great for a recently promoted team. Rhodes scores for fun as usual and Ritchie is an assist machine in the EPL as well. I got a young guy from Italy who's pretty good as well, though a bit inconsistent - Federico Bernardeschi. Check him out if you're looking for wingers.

What tactic are you using, mate? Do you have one tactic you try to use at every club or just use what you think suits your current squad?

I started out with a 4-2-3-1 but i always have to end up using a 4-1-3-2 or a 4-3-1-2. I can't seem to get results when i use wingers as complete wingbacks have the same effectiveness and i can use two strikers instead.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #86: Jun 03, 2015 01:13:46 pm
      Schalke 1-0 Madrid  8)

Schalke 1-1 Madrid  :(

Schalke 2-1 Madrid  ;D

Schalke 2-2 Madrid  :mad: :f_steam: >:(

Could have cost myself a spot through to the next round with those goals conceded. Gotta win in Madrid now.
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,719 posts | 2314 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #87: Jun 03, 2015 01:20:52 pm
      What tactic are you using, mate? Do you have one tactic you try to use at every club or just use what you think suits your current squad?

I started out with a 4-2-3-1 but i always have to end up using a 4-1-3-2 or a 4-3-1-2. I can't seem to get results when i use wingers as complete wingbacks have the same effectiveness and i can use two strikers instead.

Usually I prefer wingless tactics as well, 4-1-2-1-2 or even 4-1-2-2-1 - that was particularly true on FM 2014, where I simply couldn't get a decent return from any wingers. But on FM15 it has changed slightly IMO - and I tried to find tactics with wingers so I could get the most of my best player (Ritchie) and it has paid off. In the Championship, I used mostly a 4-4-2 with two flat lines of 4, and in the EPL I've been using four in defence, one defensive midfielder (ball winning, support), a central midfielder (box to box), a right winger (inside forward), a left winger (winger) and two strikers (deep lying forward and Rhodes as a poacher). My midfield is quite open to be honest but thankfully Kondogbia is a beast - I still don't know how I managed to get him for just £4M. After one season, all top European clubs want him.

At the end of the season, Bournemouth were sold so I was under a transfer embargo up until June 13. That meant I lost some very good opportunities to sign transfer listed players for a discount price. It sucks, massively. I'm now desperately trying to sign someone before the season starts.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #88: Jun 03, 2015 10:15:17 pm
      Usually I prefer wingless tactics as well, 4-1-2-1-2 or even 4-1-2-2-1 - that was particularly true on FM 2014, where I simply couldn't get a decent return from any wingers. But on FM15 it has changed slightly IMO - and I tried to find tactics with wingers so I could get the most of my best player (Ritchie) and it has paid off. In the Championship, I used mostly a 4-4-2 with two flat lines of 4, and in the EPL I've been using four in defence, one defensive midfielder (ball winning, support), a central midfielder (box to box), a right winger (inside forward), a left winger (winger) and two strikers (deep lying forward and Rhodes as a poacher). My midfield is quite open to be honest but thankfully Kondogbia is a beast - I still don't know how I managed to get him for just £4M. After one season, all top European clubs want him.

At the end of the season, Bournemouth were sold so I was under a transfer embargo up until June 13. That meant I lost some very good opportunities to sign transfer listed players for a discount price. It sucks, massively. I'm now desperately trying to sign someone before the season starts.

I got Kondogbia as a cheap option too for £2.2m. Haven't needed him much yet because Draxler, Rafinha and Goretzka/Sergi Roberto have played ahead of him mostly, and i've only had him for half a season.

I started with a winger tactic for Schalke because i had Sam, Draxler, Meyer and played Huntelaar up top but sold him and ended up going back to a 4-1-3-2 with no wingers.

Second season nearly over and just won the league over Bayern by 11 points with 2 games left. Knocked out by Madrid 3-3 on away goals in the first knock outs.

Got £40m to spend and need to replace like 5 loan players in my team. Got Rafinha on a two season loan deal (to make it 4 seasons on loan total) and Munir for one more season (3 seasons total). Sergi Roberto, Ben Davies, Rodrigo, Barragan and Mario Suarez all leaving when their loan ends. I'd love to get Ben Davies back but too expensive for a back up to Brian Oviedo.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,162 posts | 1351 
      Reply #89: Jun 05, 2015 10:36:45 am
      Just won the league with Watford. Fulham came second and Norwich beat Middlesbrough in the play-off final :D. I got given 15m to spend and so far I've signed Wisdom (2m), Paletta (1.5m), Burki (1.5m), renewed the loans for Munir, Hervias and Vydra. I tried making a move for the right back Cedric but for the second summer in a row he's gotten injured for 3 months before he's had his medical. Anybody have any ideas for good centre mids?
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #90: Jun 05, 2015 02:31:38 pm
      Lucas Romero, Gil Romero, Youri Tielemens should be within your budget and either of those can fit whatever role you need. Providing none of them have been signed yet.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #91: Jun 05, 2015 03:10:11 pm
      Current Schalke team:

Third season about to begin. Already lost the German Super Cup because Olympics are on and having a young team sucks so half of them were missing.

My signings this season:

Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,719 posts | 2314 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #92: Jun 05, 2015 03:48:06 pm
      Anybody have any ideas for good centre mids?

Lucas Romero is a genius so if you can get him it's your CM sorted for many years, and Gil Romero is a pretty solid CM with strong defensive skills (very good for a ball winning midfielder role).

You could try getting Will Hughes from Derby County, he cost me around £8M but I paid most of that in 48 installments so it did not eat away too much of my budget. Not sure if Jordy Clasie is realistic for you? But if he's still at Feyenoord, he may be worth a try. There is Saul from Atletico who is usually available for loan too.

I've also signed Leonardo Gil from Estudiantes (Argentina) and he has been amazing for me in the 2016/17 season. Did not cost me a lot of money either (around £3-4M)
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #93: Jun 05, 2015 05:11:02 pm
      Lucas Romero is a genius so if you can get him it's your CM sorted for many years, and Gil Romero is a pretty solid CM with strong defensive skills (very good for a ball winning midfielder role).

You could try getting Will Hughes from Derby County, he cost me around £8M but I paid most of that in 48 installments so it did not eat away too much of my budget. Not sure if Jordy Clasie is realistic for you? But if he's still at Feyenoord, he may be worth a try. There is Saul from Atletico who is usually available for loan too.

I've also signed Leonardo Gil from Estudiantes (Argentina) and he has been amazing for me in the 2016/17 season. Did not cost me a lot of money either (around £3-4M)

I always go for both Romero's and never got to sign Lucas as another big club beats me to it. Even this time i somehow signed him with United wanting him. And then in 5 years i always have to pay £50m+ for him which i never do because regens are pouring in to the game. Hope he goes well in a box-to-box role for me.

Once exams are over i might dive in to an Aussie save and work my way up to the Liverpool job or something.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,162 posts | 1351 
      Reply #94: Jun 06, 2015 12:45:27 am
      Thanks for the responses lads, I had a pretty productive off-season in terms of transfers in but trying to offload players is proving a difficult task. Example: Cathcart is worth approx. 5.5m on my game and he's only on 7.5k wages but I couldn't even give him away.

I managed to sign: Wisdom 2.2m, Paletta 1.9m, Burki 1.5m, Tielemans 10m [5m up front], Bernadeschi [Loan], W. Reid [Free], Daprela 2.5m [1m up front], Suso [Loan], Munir [Loan]. I tried getting Hervias on loan again but his club wanted 1.7m a month for him.

I decided to change my formation and go with a 4-1-2-3 (wingers).
      GK: Burki  DF: Paredes - Paletta - Reid - Daprela  MF: Osmar - Abdi - Tielemans  ATT:Suso - Deeney - Munir

There were a few players who I was forced to miss out on either because I didn't want to pay them so much or I didn't have the money available; Lucas Romero was one of those unfortunately so I opted for Tielemans.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #95: Jun 06, 2015 08:27:08 am
      Tielemens is a magician and Daprela became a brilliant wingback for me at Udinese playing a CWB-attack role.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #96: Jun 06, 2015 09:19:26 am
      Anyone had the 'I'm focusing on coaching and training my team' reply to press questions yet ? :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,162 posts | 1351 
      Reply #97: Jun 06, 2015 10:39:36 am
      Tielemens is a magician and Daprela became a brilliant wingback for me at Udinese playing a CWB-attack role.

It's the first time I've had Tielemans so looking forward to seeing how he develops. I signed Daprela because my first choice left back wanted to move to Inter.

Anyone had the 'I'm focusing on coaching and training my team' reply to press questions yet ? :D

I don't think I have but honestly not too sure, I get asked near enough the same questions all the time though so sometimes I skip the odd press conference.
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,719 posts | 2314 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #98: Jun 07, 2015 05:38:49 pm
      Signed Vietto for my team in January but apparently he had already played for two teams that season (PSG and Bayern) so I can't play him until next season. So f***in annoyed about that. I had sold one of my strikers in order to bring him so when I noticed I wouldn't be able to use him, I had to bring another one on loan. Thankfully Jay Rodriguez was available, he's not as good as Vietto but should be a decent backup to Rhodes and Gabriel Barbosa.

Just signed another player from Argentina: Matias Kranevitter. It is amazing how many good players there are from Argentina, all available for very reasonable transfer fees. Currently I have the following players brought from the Argentine league: Leonardo Gil (£3M), Luciano Acosta (£3.9), Gaston Gil Romero (£5M), Matias Kranevitter (£6.75M), Edgar Alvarez Balanta (£6.5M).

Take a look at Kranevitter and Acosta's stats... they're incredible:

crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,321 posts | 2516 
      Reply #99: Jun 08, 2015 04:06:41 am
      I hate Kranevitter as a player as he never performs but like Gil Romero, i always sell him on for 30m+ in a couple seasons.

Quick Reply