Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Football Manager 2015

Read 38706 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Football Manager 2015
      Reply #92: Jun 05, 2015 03:48:06 pm
      Anybody have any ideas for good centre mids?

Lucas Romero is a genius so if you can get him it's your CM sorted for many years, and Gil Romero is a pretty solid CM with strong defensive skills (very good for a ball winning midfielder role).

You could try getting Will Hughes from Derby County, he cost me around £8M but I paid most of that in 48 installments so it did not eat away too much of my budget. Not sure if Jordy Clasie is realistic for you? But if he's still at Feyenoord, he may be worth a try. There is Saul from Atletico who is usually available for loan too.

I've also signed Leonardo Gil from Estudiantes (Argentina) and he has been amazing for me in the 2016/17 season. Did not cost me a lot of money either (around £3-4M)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #93: Jun 05, 2015 05:11:02 pm
      Lucas Romero is a genius so if you can get him it's your CM sorted for many years, and Gil Romero is a pretty solid CM with strong defensive skills (very good for a ball winning midfielder role).

You could try getting Will Hughes from Derby County, he cost me around £8M but I paid most of that in 48 installments so it did not eat away too much of my budget. Not sure if Jordy Clasie is realistic for you? But if he's still at Feyenoord, he may be worth a try. There is Saul from Atletico who is usually available for loan too.

I've also signed Leonardo Gil from Estudiantes (Argentina) and he has been amazing for me in the 2016/17 season. Did not cost me a lot of money either (around £3-4M)

I always go for both Romero's and never got to sign Lucas as another big club beats me to it. Even this time i somehow signed him with United wanting him. And then in 5 years i always have to pay £50m+ for him which i never do because regens are pouring in to the game. Hope he goes well in a box-to-box role for me.

Once exams are over i might dive in to an Aussie save and work my way up to the Liverpool job or something.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #94: Jun 06, 2015 12:45:27 am
      Thanks for the responses lads, I had a pretty productive off-season in terms of transfers in but trying to offload players is proving a difficult task. Example: Cathcart is worth approx. 5.5m on my game and he's only on 7.5k wages but I couldn't even give him away.

I managed to sign: Wisdom 2.2m, Paletta 1.9m, Burki 1.5m, Tielemans 10m [5m up front], Bernadeschi [Loan], W. Reid [Free], Daprela 2.5m [1m up front], Suso [Loan], Munir [Loan]. I tried getting Hervias on loan again but his club wanted 1.7m a month for him.

I decided to change my formation and go with a 4-1-2-3 (wingers).
      GK: Burki  DF: Paredes - Paletta - Reid - Daprela  MF: Osmar - Abdi - Tielemans  ATT:Suso - Deeney - Munir

There were a few players who I was forced to miss out on either because I didn't want to pay them so much or I didn't have the money available; Lucas Romero was one of those unfortunately so I opted for Tielemans.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #95: Jun 06, 2015 08:27:08 am
      Tielemens is a magician and Daprela became a brilliant wingback for me at Udinese playing a CWB-attack role.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #96: Jun 06, 2015 09:19:26 am
      Anyone had the 'I'm focusing on coaching and training my team' reply to press questions yet ? :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #97: Jun 06, 2015 10:39:36 am
      Tielemens is a magician and Daprela became a brilliant wingback for me at Udinese playing a CWB-attack role.

It's the first time I've had Tielemans so looking forward to seeing how he develops. I signed Daprela because my first choice left back wanted to move to Inter.

Anyone had the 'I'm focusing on coaching and training my team' reply to press questions yet ? :D

I don't think I have but honestly not too sure, I get asked near enough the same questions all the time though so sometimes I skip the odd press conference.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #98: Jun 07, 2015 05:38:49 pm
      Signed Vietto for my team in January but apparently he had already played for two teams that season (PSG and Bayern) so I can't play him until next season. So f***in annoyed about that. I had sold one of my strikers in order to bring him so when I noticed I wouldn't be able to use him, I had to bring another one on loan. Thankfully Jay Rodriguez was available, he's not as good as Vietto but should be a decent backup to Rhodes and Gabriel Barbosa.

Just signed another player from Argentina: Matias Kranevitter. It is amazing how many good players there are from Argentina, all available for very reasonable transfer fees. Currently I have the following players brought from the Argentine league: Leonardo Gil (£3M), Luciano Acosta (£3.9), Gaston Gil Romero (£5M), Matias Kranevitter (£6.75M), Edgar Alvarez Balanta (£6.5M).

Take a look at Kranevitter and Acosta's stats... they're incredible:

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #99: Jun 08, 2015 04:06:41 am
      I hate Kranevitter as a player as he never performs but like Gil Romero, i always sell him on for 30m+ in a couple seasons.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #100: Jun 15, 2015 12:16:18 pm
      Just finished my first season in the Prem with Watford. Started really well, was in 6th for 3/4's of the season but then dropped off significantly and finished 10th. A new owner has just come in and gave me £30m to spend. I bought Zivkovic 8m, W.Hughes 8.5m, Simao (DM) 2m, Byram 4m and D. Gayle 300k. I had a 2.5m offer accepted for Diego Reyes but he's had a work permit rejected which surprised me considering how many caps he has for Mexico.

My team atm is:

Burki

Wisdom Paletta Reid Daprela

Tielemans Simao Hughes

Jese

Deeney Zivkovic

I'm currently in the market for a centre back but it's not looking that great so far.

Edit: I had an offer accepted and a wage agreed with Lucas Romero but because his agent wanted so much, the deal broke down. Agents on this game are annoying!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #101: Jun 15, 2015 10:32:11 pm
      A centre back? Three words;

Eder.

Alvarez.

Balanta.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #102: Jun 15, 2015 10:32:45 pm
      Jonathon Silva and Ruben Neves have been boss on mine
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #103: Jun 22, 2015 06:21:17 am
      Just finished my third season with Schalke and won the league for the second time in a row. Also won my first German Cup. Got thumped out of the UCL by Chelsea because they're impossible to beat in every single save (but beat Barcelona and Real Madrid along the way).

This is the current team i'm rocking. I also have Axel Witsel in on loan from Chelsea as back up for my midfield and a kid that came through my academy as back up for Coentrao:

These were my transfers heading in to the new season:

Hoping Saúl and Danilo are beasts. Haven't used them in FM15 and went for them instead of Kovacic and Clyne who pretty much would have made the team a carbon copy of my Udinese save, which is not fun.

Lukaku came in January and scored about 20 goals onwards for £41m. Needed to sign a big name player to keep Roberto Pereyra happy so i splashed the cash on Lukaku.

Also, the game bugged and now there's two Martin Odegaard's in the one save :D One is at Toulouse and one at Madrid still. I came across it when i had a loan offer for one of my players from Toulouse and checked their team and saw him there, but then i went on to the loan list to look for back up players and saw him playing for Madrid. Kind of temped to buy both versions and put them in the same side :D

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #104: Jun 29, 2015 07:18:59 pm
      A centre back? Three words;

Eder.

Alvarez.

Balanta.

Balanta was pure class in FM 2014.

Playing with Rangers, it's so difficult attracting players especially that the club is financially screwed and your best players all want to leave. I brought Alen Halilovic on loan from Barcelona and he has been superb so far. Already in my 2nd season, 1st in the scottish premiership and in the scottish league cup final
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #105: Jul 04, 2015 12:20:06 pm
      Just finished my fourth season and won the league for the third time.

Won the German Cup:

Won the German Super Cup:

Lost the Champions League final to Chelsea because they're unbeatable. Can never beat them:

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #106: Jul 04, 2015 12:24:24 pm
      Unbeaten in the league for 55 matches now from 10th December 2016 to (currently) 2nd September 2018.

These are my transfers this season. Splashed out big time:

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #107: Jul 04, 2015 12:35:28 pm
      That's some going Crouchie. I've not been on mine that much lately, I've been doing an online game with my brother,
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #108: Jul 04, 2015 01:28:47 pm
      That's some going Crouchie. I've not been on mine that much lately, I've been doing an online game with my brother,

On holidays for a while after uni semester ended so this is all i'm doing :D

Chelsea came in with an offer for Trindade de Vilenha on deadline day and i asked for £30m up front and £5m after 10 internationals and they accepted. I was broke after all my previous deals so i went with it and brought in a back up right back to Danilo which i didn't have. Got a youth player to fill in Trindade's spot so should be ok depth wise, as well as having Oscar and Roberto Pereyra who can play there and Donis Advijaj if i'm desperate.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #109: Jul 11, 2015 02:34:29 pm
      Right, 5th season over with Schalke. Won the lot.

League:

Champions League:

German Cup:

German Super Cup:

Managed to post a financial loss for the first time in any save. Spending £80m+ on two separate players (Pogba and Oscar) does that :D Was in £50m+ debt at one point but the prizemoney covered it and sitting on £60m+ balance now. Still got £100m in transfer debt, though.

Only bought in a keeper for my quota as Fahrmann wanted to leave, and also the left back Abdul Baba for £7m or so. Very little activity as the team doesn't need many upgrades from last season (plus Abdul Baba and Mammana as back up):

Only have 3 regens in the team:

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #110: Aug 03, 2015 10:39:01 am
      Just started my 3rd season with our team. Won the UCL in the first one, finished 2nd in the league, in my 2nd season i went trophyless (bar the World Club Cup, lost the European Supercup at pens against Everton!), semi in UCL and finished 4th.

I really have high hopes for the new season, my starting lineup is as following :

Mignolet-Carvajal-Bartra-Mustafi-Rodriguez-Romero-Henderson-Sterling-Coutinho-Depay-Sturridge

Subs: Rulli, Knoche/Schar, Wijnaldum, Emre Can, Berahino, Calleri, Kranevitter.

I'm looking to sign another attacking midfielder who will be happy to play a rotation role.

Can't post screenshots as i'm at work right now.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #111: Aug 03, 2015 11:07:28 am
      You've got Rulli benched for Mignolet? Why?

Otherwise a beast team.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #112: Aug 03, 2015 11:28:46 am
      You've got Rulli benched for Mignolet? Why?

Otherwise a beast team.

Just signed him, i will rotate between him and Mignolet this season, i signed him rather cheaply when compared to other savegames (10 mil euros), he'll become my number 1, but this season is for settling in.

Also Carvajal, Knoche and Calleri are new signings, Calleri really looks to be a player with great potential, scored the equaliser at OT in a 1-1 draw.

My attack is doing fantastic, the defense is a problem, hopefully sorted for the new campaign. Depay is frightening, Coutinho and Sterling aswell.

This summer i sold Markovic for around 43 mil at PSG, Balanta for 30 mil at PSG too (didn't work for me, stagnated and was doing mistakes so i decided to sell him). Origi sold to Juve for 25 mil, with Clyne at Real for 20 mil. I was thinking in keeping hold of Markovic, because every time he played he's done a great job, but the fee was too big for a squad player.

I'm thinking to sign De Bruyne, and play him as a AMC and Coutinho in Henderson's place, but i don't think this is really a good idea, so i'll go for Kishna or Balde Keita to offer cover if one of my attacking midfielders gets injured.

When i'll arrive home i'll post some screens with the dealings i've done and how my players fared so far.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #113: Aug 03, 2015 12:37:55 pm
      F**k Calleri. He's at Dortmund in my Schalke save and has something stupid like 10 goals in 8 against me.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #114: Aug 03, 2015 12:44:06 pm
      Just signed him, i will rotate between him and Mignolet this season, i signed him rather cheaply when compared to other savegames (10 mil euros), he'll become my number 1, but this season is for settling in.

Haha I love when people take FM that seriously - a season for "settling in" a new keeper? Mate, Rulli is much better than Migs, just play him and you'll be fine :D

Quick Reply