Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Football Manager 2015

Read 38714 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Football Manager 2015
      Reply #115: Aug 03, 2015 04:27:36 pm
      This is how my team sets up :

I just decided to take up the France manager job, usually i don't have alot of success while managing international teams, and resign after a few matches, but i'll have a go at them.

Btw, England won Euro 2016 in my save :)

Look at these stats (posted only the links to photos, i don't want to flood the thread with them):

Depay : http://s4.postimg.org/5ebydi3st/Memphis_Depay_History_Career_Stats.png

Sterling : http://s12.postimg.org/tsr1phcnx/Raheem_Sterling_History_Career_Stats.png

Coutinho : http://s28.postimg.org/w7nh0fb5p/Philippe_Coutinho_History_Career_Stats.png

Sturridge : http://s8.postimg.org/v2s323dlh/Daniel_Sturridge_History_Career_Stats.png

Depay absolute beast, Sterling right next to him. I highly recommend signing him, as a bonus: he never gets injured ! (at least in my save).

I think i'll sell Mignolet in the winter transfer window, Rulli is much better than him. Also changed Carvajal's role to Wingback, rather than Fullback.
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2015 05:01:59 pm by GeorgeRed »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #116: Aug 03, 2015 05:38:34 pm
      Haven't played this for a few weeks, but seeing you guys talk about it reminded me of my Bournemouth save.

When I stopped playing, my strikeforce was the following: Jordan Rhodes (current European Golden Boot), Harry Kane (didn't really need him, but I wanted a big name signing and he was the only one who wanted to sign!), Gabriel Barbosa (an absolute genius in that game), Luciano Vietto and Danny Ings (another one I absolutely did not need, but signed him anyway because I wanted to have at least one Bornemouth youth product!)

Not bad eh :D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #117: Aug 03, 2015 07:55:26 pm
      Sky Sports use Football Manager database to profile players in real life
      Sky Sports News caused something of a stir amongst the football community on Monday by using the Football Manager database to rate clubs' new signings.

Several players including Robert Lewandowski and Esteban Cambiasso had their individual attributes displayed on screen as presenters looked to determine who might fit various potential transfer suitors.

The immediate reaction on Twitter was to mock Sky Sports for using the data, with many struggling to comprehend that a computer game might have some actual research put behind it and unaware that clubs have been using the same database for years. That reaction developed over time and can now be upgraded to mixed.

While it remains a video game (or simulator), the data collected for use in Football Manager is extensive and accurate. In 2014 Sports Interactive, the company that produces Football Manager (a game which has been cited in over 35 divorce cases), revealed that "performance analysis pioneers" Prozone had entered a "ground-breaking partnership" in which said data would be used in real-world player recruitment.

Due to confidentiality agreements SI are unable to reveal exactly which clubs utilise the database though did say that several "Premier League and big European clubs" actively did.

In 2008 Everton became the first club in the world to sign up to the Football Manager database, using data gathered from around the world by over 1300 scouts to facilitate a faster way of learning about potential transfer candidates, cutting out the need to wait for feedback from the club's existing scouting network.

A press release in 2014 stated:

"The original database included some 4,000 players and staff. Today, the current total stands at more than 550,000 (including 245,811 currently active and contracted footballers), with up to 250 individual pieces of information being stored about each person. These range from personal details to more creative scout ratings on various footballing abilities and skills.

As well as players, the FMD currently lists more than 32,000 active clubs and is maintained by Sports Interactiveā€™s full-time in-house scouting team."

Many on Twitter ridiculed (for a change) Sky Sports' decision to use a computer game to explain how good a player might be but the lines between virtual reality and reality in football are becoming ever more blurred. Some American Football clubs use videogames and virtual reality to create plays to be used during actual matches, with the ability to physically show a team how everything is supposed to work hugely beneficial to players and coaching staff.

Sports Interactive Studio Director Miles Jacobson said in 2014:

ā€œFor years weā€™ve heard stories of real-life managers and scouts using our data to help with the recruitment process. From now on, itā€™s official...real managers around the world will be finding and comparing players using data and a search system that will be very familiar to players of Football Manager.ā€

In reaction to the tidal wave of "crying while laughing" emojis on Twitter that accompanied the screen grabs of Sky Sports presenters explaining that Robert Lewandowski would make a good signing for Manchester United because his finishing is 16, Jacobson said:

https://twitter.com/milesSI/status/628151776177487872

"Some other data providers seemingly not happy with us providing data for @SkySportsNewsHQ transfer center. Clubs use it, so why not Sky?

"All different forms of data are valid. Saying humans can't provide accurate data is wrong - players signed from scouting, not stats alone. And that makes our research & huge scouting network just as valid as other sources - plus we have much better coverage globally."

The brunt of the criticism aimed at Sky Sports is that on occasion Football Manager has misread the potential of certain players and made them superstars in the game, while in real life they are actually Mark Kerr.

Cherno Samba, Andri Sigporsson and the legendary To Madeira have all achieved a form of cult status with players of the game but as Jacobson has said in past, if they believe the potential is there, perhaps there are other reasons why some players never reach it. Freddy Adu the biggest culprit of wasting talent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/babb/11780655/Sky-Sports-use-Football-Manager-database-to-profile-players-in-real-life.html

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #118: Aug 03, 2015 11:51:56 pm
      Won everything there was to win at Liverpool so wanted a new challenge. Seen Hamburg got relegated to D2 in Germany and stayed there so that's my new adventure.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #119: Aug 04, 2015 06:52:23 am
      Won everything there was to win at Liverpool so wanted a new challenge. Seen Hamburg got relegated to D2 in Germany and stayed there so that's my new adventure.

I know that feeling :)

I'm trying to win the league in my 3rd season, it is really hard because Arsenal seem to win every game, they are 4 points in front of me at the top of the table.

I want to win at least 4 titles (because UTD won the last season so they have 21 titles now).

BTW, Calleri is a fantastic signing so far, super-sub and i'm thinking to start him over Sturridge. He scored some crucial goals for me in the last minutes (equaliser at Arsenal, winner vs Chelsea, Man Utd). Berahino also is that kind of player, that scores almost everytime he comes from the bench.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #120: Aug 04, 2015 04:13:19 pm
      So, i'll have a new giant it seems in the next season. The now oil-rich Stoke City. It happened very rarely in my saves that a tycoon would take over a team. Exciting times for the Potters it seems. I'm really curious how they will invest the money. Mark Hughes is still their manager.

« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2015 04:23:49 pm by GeorgeRed »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #121: Aug 04, 2015 07:57:12 pm
      We may soon find out if Messi can do it on a cold night in Stoke.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #122: Aug 04, 2015 08:16:41 pm
      So, i'll have a new giant it seems in the next season. The now oil-rich Stoke City. It happened very rarely in my saves that a tycoon would take over a team. Exciting times for the Potters it seems. I'm really curious how they will invest the money. Mark Hughes is still their manager.

Happened on mine too, they signed Clyne and Keylor Navas from me for about Ā£80mill in total, signed Negredo for a load too....They finished lower than the previous season.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #123: Aug 04, 2015 09:05:21 pm
      In my save they signed so far 7 players for about 108 mil (Lamela, Benteke, Balde Keita, Moreno and Wilson among them). Mark Hughes left them and went to Man Utd, Phillip Cocu is their new coach.

Btw i won the title in my 3rd season, an incredible fight until the end with Arsenal, finished level on points but had the better goal difference, won the FA Cup and the Europa League (i finished 3rd in my UCL group). A fantastic season after all.

But what was more baffling was the fact that Balotelli was a huge success this season at Arsenal, i always feared that he would do very well at them after i sold him (for about 28 mil). Scored 32 goals in 31 games for Arsenal in EPL, 22 goals in UCL (they won it) and he received the Golden Boot award too. A beast.

I signed Stevie for 2.5 mil :D Hopefully i'll have him retire as a champion with us.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #124: Aug 04, 2015 09:39:36 pm
      My final Liverpool team before I left lined up like:

------------------------------Leno(sk)

Danilo(fb)----Sahko(stopper)-----Freirtas(CD[re-gen])------Alaba(IWB)

----------------Henderson(BBM)---Coutinho(RPM

Gotze (AP)---------------Isco(Engage)----------------Mempis(RMD)

---------------------------Balotelli (Poacher)

Balo was my best player by miles 40+ goals every season in all comps.

Now in German D2 with Hamburg haha
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #125: Aug 04, 2015 10:04:50 pm
      I just signed Alaba too, for 65 mill, and sold Rodriguez to Bayern for 47.5 mil. I always try to keep a positive balance in transfer dealings, or the net spend to be as small as possible. For example this season's net spend was 1 mil, as i bought players for a total of 112 mil and sold for 111 mil :)

I should have kept Balo though. But my attacking line does great so i can't complain. Lost out on De Bruyne too (signed for Barca), gutted as i'm a fan of him, provides alot of assists and scores too.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #126: Aug 05, 2015 09:37:27 am
      I just signed Alaba too, for 65 mill, and sold Rodriguez to Bayern for 47.5 mil. I always try to keep a positive balance in transfer dealings, or the net spend to be as small as possible. For example this season's net spend was 1 mil, as i bought players for a total of 112 mil and sold for 111 mil :)

I should have kept Balo though. But my attacking line does great so i can't complain. Lost out on De Bruyne too (signed for Barca), gutted as i'm a fan of him, provides alot of assists and scores too.

Get Bernardo Silva if you can?

I want to start a new save now. Might get the new database and start a new Liverpool one.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #127: Aug 05, 2015 02:12:17 pm
      How much of a time suck is this game? I fear if get next year's I'll lose hours of valuable free time :laugh:
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #128: Aug 05, 2015 02:21:21 pm
      How much of a time suck is this game? I fear if get next year's I'll lose hours of valuable free time :laugh:

Not really too much, like 2-3 hours a day if you know to control yourself :)) I wouldn't advise getting the game very early, wait till some updates come up, because in previous versions there were alot of bugs when the game was released.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #129: Aug 05, 2015 06:15:57 pm

Should have been 10, really :P
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #130: Aug 05, 2015 07:04:27 pm
      Not really too much, like 2-3 hours a day if you know to control yourself :)) I wouldn't advise getting the game very early, wait till some updates come up, because in previous versions there were alot of bugs when the game was released.

Ah good advice! Thanks dude.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #131: Aug 05, 2015 07:29:45 pm
      I hope I can get into FM16 because I've struggled to do so this year. Normally I go on it quite a bit and do my first save for like 10 seasons or something but I've barely completed 3 seasons with any team.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #132: Aug 06, 2015 04:38:22 am
      Bernardo Silva, Paul Pogba, Oscar and Youri Tielemens all injured at once. Superb. Oscar was 6 weeks and Bernardo 4-5 months.

Watch Aboubakar and Lukaku get fu**ed now. Grrrr.

EDIT: Oh, and add Danilo now. F**k internationals.

EDIT: Now F***ing Avdijaj!!! What a week.

EDIT: For F***ing F**k sake. Now my superstar young regen - who is a CAM - is gone for 6 weeks. Playing terrible regens now in midfield just to make up the numbers.
      « Last Edit: Aug 06, 2015 04:52:31 am by crouchinho »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #133: Aug 06, 2015 01:24:12 pm
      Well i asked for it. Aboubakar out for 3 games on top of those injuries.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #134: Aug 06, 2015 06:46:09 pm
      Dreadful spell for you mate.

Calleri last season scored for me 32 goals in 34 games in the league + 16 assists. Fantastic player. Depay, Sterling and Coutinho had average ratings at the end of the season over 7.80 (Sterling had 7.80, Coutinho 7.83 and Depay 7.84, while Calleri had 7.78), truly deadly front 4. Calleri forced me to sell Sturridge (to Stoke for about 12 mil).

I'm thinking about signing Pogba, would cost me in total 108 mil, i have 140 left in the budget. But Romero and Henderson form a very good partnership in midfield, if i sign Pogba it could mean benching Henderson, who is also my captain. But with Pogba in my team i would have a dream one with Rulli-Carvajal-Mustafi-Bartra-Alaba-Romero-Pogba-Sterling-Coutinho-Depay-Calleri  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #135: Aug 06, 2015 08:40:50 pm
      Don't bother. The c**t is injured every third week.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #136: Aug 07, 2015 06:03:12 am
      Signed him, but saved just before i confirmed the transfer just in case. With him in the team i noticed i don't play the same offensive football i played with Henderson in his place. So i'll go back and cancel his transfer and i'll think about signing him 1-2 years later.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #137: Aug 07, 2015 08:29:08 am
      You should never drop Henderson. At least in my save he became unreal and valued at 35mill. Wouldn't sell him for anything less than 70.

Quick Reply