Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match vs Hull

Mignolet
      1 (2.1%)
      Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      2 (4.3%)
      Moreno
      1 (2.1%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Can
      3 (6.4%)
      Gerrard (c)
      3 (6.4%)
      Sterling
      1 (2.1%)
      Lallana
      2 (4.3%)
      Balotelli
      2 (4.3%)
      Coutinho (sub)
      30 (63.8%)
      Lambert (sub)
      2 (4.3%)
      Henderson (sub)
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: Oct 28, 2014 05:35:41 pm

Liverpool 0 - 0 Hull: In Game & Post Game Wondering

Read 24761 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Hull
      Reply #437: Oct 25, 2014 05:17:01 pm
      smart enough to read your comments..

so is a 5 year old don't try to second guess people like I say your not smart enough
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #438: Oct 25, 2014 05:17:08 pm
      Would you want to watch that again?

From what I've heard nope.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #439: Oct 25, 2014 05:18:17 pm
      Would you want to watch that again?

MOTD prob wont show any of the refs random decisions and just highlight how good hulls defence is
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #440: Oct 25, 2014 05:18:29 pm
      I don't have an "agenda" against Balotelli, I don't think he's been good enough for us and I'm ready to discuss it with anyone who disagrees.

I've actually presented some facts against this whole idea that his best role isn't as a lone striker but unsurprisingly haven't got a single reply to that post.

Not an agenda, but Balo needs to be dropped.

I completely agree.  I'd love nothing more than for the lad to prove everyone wrong and become a world beater for us, but he just isn't making any use of his ability and athleticism.  Lambert showed more in 30 minutes than Balo has in the last 3 games.  Rickie reads the play, moves into the right spaces, holds the ball up well, and usually picks the right pass.  He doesn't have the pace or skill that we lost when we sold Suarez, but he brings a lot more to the team than Balotelli. 

Coutinho looked brilliant again, and it is baffling why he didn't start the game.  We looked a lot better when we brought Coutinho and Lambert on and played with a 4-2-2-2.  I hope BR sticks with this system moving forward -- having 2 holding CM's and 2 CAM's who can drift inside and out.  I just also hope that it is a combination of Studge/Borini/Lambert who are in the front 2. 

We are lucky to not be further away from the top 4 than we are at the moment.  We have only had 1 good performance all season, and that was against a hapless Spurs team weeks ago.  BR has lots of work to do and not much time to do it.....
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #441: Oct 25, 2014 05:21:17 pm
      Brendan proud of our effort again. Same team again next time out so I suppose. Good man Brendan.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #442: Oct 25, 2014 05:21:54 pm
      Brendan proud of our effort again. Same team again next time out so I suppose. Good man Brendan.

We could get stuffed 10-0 and he'd still say the same old stuff.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #443: Oct 25, 2014 05:21:58 pm
      sh*te result that no matter how you look at it.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #444: Oct 25, 2014 05:22:02 pm
      Can't enjoy the classico now. How many chances does Balo need to score?!?! Was laid on the f**king plate!

A little more than Suarez in 2011-2012 as he's not as good but is as much in a bad spell ?
      A little less than Torres in 2010-2011 as he's sulking at times but not as much ?
      Keep faith, 15-20 more and it should be good. :p
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #445: Oct 25, 2014 05:22:33 pm
      Even Rodgers admitted Balotelli fell over the ball in that penalty incident.
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #446: Oct 25, 2014 05:22:33 pm
      Sorry, but the Gaffer got that one wrong as well

You don't leave your best player on the bench who comes on and by playing only 30 minutes proves why you don't leave your best player on the bench

F***ing had it

I disagree. The subs were timely.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #447: Oct 25, 2014 05:23:20 pm
      It's not starting Coutinho that is the main issue here (although he should have started), it's the issue of not giving Lambert enough match time.

I think someone like Lallana can do a good job deputising Coutinho, but considering our options up front are non-existant with Balotelli as a lone striker, the main issue is we SHOULD be starting with TWO strikers.

Lambert did more in this half hour he was given than Balotelli has done in his whole Liverpool career so far.

Exploiting space is more essential for creativity than simple numbers in midfield - the two striker system creates space and movement for the team to exploit, and that was on show today.

We started with numbers in midfield - but it doesn't matter one jot if you can't create the space. Once again - like Lambert showed against Man City, Southampton etc when he came on - he stretched the game by running into space going forward which is something Balotelli can't do. In addition to this, his passing, touch and link up play was excellent, along with a great desire and effort to cover every blade of grass available.

The formation is essential - why aren't we using the Tottenham victory as a template? Balotelli - when given space - is more useful and he showed it against Tottenham.

It cannot be a case of the other strikers apart from Sturridge not being good enough - that is rubbish, because Lambert has shown more than enough quality to suggest he SHOULD be starting the games.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #448: Oct 25, 2014 05:25:06 pm
      I don't have an "agenda" against Balotelli, I don't think he's been good enough for us and I'm ready to discuss it with anyone who disagrees.

I've actually presented some facts against this whole idea that his best role isn't as a lone striker but unsurprisingly haven't got a single reply to that post.

Not an agenda, but Balo needs to be dropped.

I actually agree to an extent but who replaces him? We can talk about Lambert and Borini when picturing them both at the tops of their games but they mustn't be. Rodgers is working with them day in and day out and must believe that Balotelli is the best we have right now. Best of a bad bunch in my opinion but we can only work with what we have.

Of course, Rodgers' beliefs that he is the best he has right now could well be wrong as his decision making at the moment is very questionable. He seems to be as out of form as his players right now. He can take the clean sheet as a positive but Coutinho is so obviously the player, and only one, that is managing to hit form in this tough period. He would have been the axis of how my team played today and told to go out and express himself. I'd have seen him as the player that's form would galvanise those around him. But Rodgers dropped him and I really don't understand why. He would have been the difference today if he had played from the start. I truly believe that. Rodgers talked of the difficult period we would have to go through but decisions like that today worry me.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #449: Oct 25, 2014 05:33:43 pm
      Balotelli played very well when Lambert came on. Before that I was all set to be joining those who say he should be dropped but fair's fair, credit where credit is due, he played well and was unlucky not to score. It's clear that it's the system he doesn't fit in to rather than the player himself. We need to see him starting with a strike partner before any fair assessment of the lad can be made. Not that Lambert did himself any favours today because he was sh*t as well.

I don't think Coutinho was 'dropped', so much as 'rested'. BR has got it in to his head that statistically, the most successful teams involved in the Champions League are those that rotate. That's our biggest problem so far this season as I see it. The constant rotating in and out of the team, so many new people who need game time to gel is causing the inconsistencies we've been seeing.

0-0 isn't a disaster given other results lately and it's nice to finally have a clean sheet but this is certainly one of those games that poses more questions than it answers. I'm also starting to sound like a football pundit with all these clichés so I'll quit while I'm ahead  :f_whistle:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #450: Oct 25, 2014 05:39:05 pm
      I disagree. The subs were timely.

You don't think Couts should have started instead of coming on with 30mins to go?
      CHOW87
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #451: Oct 25, 2014 05:54:27 pm
      Six points worse off than at this stage last season, and in a lower league position than at any point last season. Five wins from 13 games in all competitions is pretty grim, especially since City and Real are the only decent opposition we've faced.

I know that the new signings need time to gel but Southampton's new side seem to have gelled pretty well. The positive is that if and when everything clicks, it's not unrealistic to believe that we could go on another run like we did in the Spring. Chelsea are the only team pulling miles away from us so no reason why we can't finish second again.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #452: Oct 25, 2014 06:13:59 pm

there a surprise
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #453: Oct 25, 2014 06:29:48 pm
      Won't be watching MOTD that's for sure. Played for a draw for 70 minutes didn't we. I thought we were terrible. Really unhappy with the starting line up. Can't comprehend why Coutinho didn't start the game and also can't work out why it has t be Lallana or Coutinho? They should play together.

Also, I think we had 14 corners, am just trying to work out how many goals we would have conceded if they had had 14?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #454: Oct 25, 2014 06:33:47 pm
      Won't be watching MOTD that's for sure. Played for a draw for 70 minutes didn't we. I thought we were terrible. Really unhappy with the starting line up. Can't comprehend why Coutinho didn't start the game and also can't work out why it has t be Lallana or Coutinho? They should play together.

Also, I think we had 14 corners, am just trying to work out how many goals we would have conceded if they had had 14?

Shocking Liverpool on corners wether scoring or conceding

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 0 - 0 Hull: In Game & Post Game Wondering
      Reply #455: Oct 25, 2014 06:39:44 pm
      Am I right in saying we have had more corners than any other team so far? That's very shocking if so seeing as today was probably the closest we have come to scoring from one when Lovren had his header cleared off the line.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #456: Oct 25, 2014 06:43:10 pm

But we have 30 page dossier on corners- don't think anyone has read it mind
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #457: Oct 25, 2014 06:49:05 pm
      More negative than positive comments. Apparently, a draw is below general expectations.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #458: Oct 25, 2014 06:53:21 pm
      Interesting fact Barcelona cost £210 million exactly the amount Brendan has spent since he came here

Thats an interesting stat Walton.

Not good enough

questions need to be asked about the manager, has Luis Suarez been hiding his shortcomings?

Thats been suggested already.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #459: Oct 25, 2014 06:56:01 pm
      What do you guys want Brendan to come out and say? The team were useless. Do a Harry and complain about their fitness levels? He does give critique when its due. We werent awful today, just lacking that bit of pace and movement and a striker.

1 point and a clean sheet.

West ham beat City today. Its a league were literally any of the lower teams can win.... Thank our blessings that whilst we are playing this bad we are still in contention for 4th+ place.

Studge needed asap.

Quick Reply