Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Brad Jones
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.1%)
      Kolo Toure
      2 (2%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Javier Manquillo
      1 (1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.1%)
      Phil Coutinho
      39 (39.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (3.1%)
      Fabio Borini
      38 (38.8%)
      Rickie Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Lazar Markovic
      1 (1%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (1%)
      Mario Balotelli
      6 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: Nov 01, 2014 10:04:00 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Swansea City: In game and Post Match debate

Read 27883 times
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Swansea City: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #460: Oct 28, 2014 10:14:14 pm
      Made up for Balo, Borini and Lovren all needed a boost to their confidence.
      Mostly made up for LFC, we do it the hard way, but at least we do it.
      I really hope we give Balo and Borini a chance next time. The Italian Job!!

Let's hope they Blow the bloody doors off at St James park !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #461: Oct 28, 2014 10:16:34 pm
      Made up for Cas, no extra time so she gets home handy.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #462: Oct 28, 2014 10:16:58 pm
      Let's hope his head explodes then, he was awful.  If I hadn't been watching the game I'd be wondering what he was actually commentating on, cos it sure didn't sound like football.

Debs, have you thought, he may be our lucky omen, and you could be the catalyst. I think you may need to always listen to his commentary to make sure we win! We all have to make sacrifices!  :lmao:

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #463: Oct 28, 2014 10:21:45 pm
      Debs, have you thought, he may be our lucky omen, and you could be the catalyst. I think you may need to always listen to his commentary to make sure we win! We all have to make sacrifices!  :lmao:

Don't say that hun don't think I could cope with that  :D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #464: Oct 28, 2014 10:29:30 pm
      How bad was Markovic? I thought he was shocking. I can't see him making it at all. Looks like £20m wasted to me. Gutted to be honest, I thought he was going to be massive. He is way out of his depth.

How good does a come back feel? Like winning the cup!! I'm so happy.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #465: Oct 28, 2014 10:35:17 pm
      Delighted we won. Can't comment too much on the game as until Swansea scored and I changed streams my stream was bloody awful.

I thought Coutinho looked our best player from the little I saw. Borini worked hard as did Henderson.

Sadly Toure doesn't look the answer to our defensive woes.

Hoping against hope that Balotelli can kick on now and become a regular goalscorer.

We won!!!   
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,348 posts | 1532 
      Reply #466: Oct 28, 2014 10:41:02 pm
      didn't see the game so won't pick motm. Didn't have very good feelings about this game prior to k.o. but made up we won. Shame we didn't keep a clean sheet but hey ho. Bit oc confidence before the bar codes on Sat. and into the next round as well.
      Made up.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #467: Oct 28, 2014 10:48:15 pm
      Home draw next round please and hopefully I can get the day off work. Only saw bits and pieces of the game, watch the game when it hits LFC.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,265 posts | 4935 
      Reply #468: Oct 28, 2014 10:56:47 pm
      Just got in and only heard a little of the game on the way home. Just as Mario scored actually.

Great to get a win and into the next round and as always I'd love to get to the final in this and win it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #469: Oct 28, 2014 11:06:07 pm
      who the F**k was booing Mario??? please tell me it was Swansea fans
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #470: Oct 28, 2014 11:08:39 pm
      who the f**k was booing Mario??? please tell me it was Swansea fans

I think it may have been Brendan :)
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #471: Oct 28, 2014 11:14:41 pm
      Wasn't the prettiest of wins but at least we got through! Without extra time also!
      Had a lot of control throughout the game but again just not enough urgency to create chances,
      Soo clear that Balotelli needs someone up there with him, in the short space of time he was on linked up with Borini a good few times.

Jones-6 (Didnt have a lot of work to do, made a couple of good saves but was a bit shaky with his passes, a few went out for throw-ins)
      Manquillo-7 (Defended pretty well at times blocking and stopping crosses, needs a bit more going forward but another consistent performance)
      Toure-5.5 (Didn't have a lot to deal with, looked pretty silly at times, remembered one point towards the end when he fell over)
      Lovren-6.5 (Pretty solid performance, didn't do much wrong and good for him to show the intent for the winner, went crazy when he scored too!)
      Johnson-5.5 (Didnt seem to want to challenge any header at all today)
      Lucas-6 (Pretty solid, cleaned up a few times and looked ever so slightly like his former self)
      Henderson-6 (Average, pretty annoying that he looks sideways or backwards when picking the ball up in some good positions, seemed to keep the players motivated throughout though)
      Coutinho-7.5 (Some magical touches, would often take 2/3 players out the game with 1/2 touches, just lacked the final quality, if he added that to his game he could be world class, its clear the improvement since he started playing for Brazil)
      Markovic-5 (Pretty poor performance, really hasn't show anything why we even bought him, never mind £20 million, lot of people talk about his pace but he never seems to use it. Gets in some good positions to shoot but always goes for the pass)
      Borini-7 (Worked very hard throughout and some good linkup, think he was slightly wasted on the right wing would like him more central)
      Lambert-6.5 (Done very well to bring the ball to touch and would have been perfect linkup with Borini if he was more central, also made a few good moving runs, something I'd like to see Balotelli do more of)

Balotelli-6.5 (Some very good linkup with Borini and great for him to get the goal, hopefully pushes on now)
      Lallna-5.5 (Didn't really have much of a chance to show much throughout, played well with Coutinho on the left though)
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #472: Oct 28, 2014 11:31:39 pm
      I thought the American commentary was a good laugh. :laugh:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #473: Oct 28, 2014 11:31:55 pm
      What the F**k was wrong with Shelvey he seemed really upset that Balotelli fu**ed up their after game piss up.

It was the headbutting incident.

They had a confrontation and pushed heads together, then Balotelli went down as if he'd been nutted, before eventually carrying on.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #474: Oct 28, 2014 11:39:07 pm
      When is the draw?
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #475: Oct 28, 2014 11:39:49 pm
      Balotelli just posted "Finally!" on his FB, with a photo of him after scoring.

Glad to see he appreciates the 'wait' for that goal. He seems to me to have his heart with us.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #476: Oct 28, 2014 11:44:24 pm
      who the F**k was booing Mario??? please tell me it was Swansea fans
      If it makes you feel better then it was Swansea fans .  :D
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #477: Oct 28, 2014 11:54:05 pm
      who the f**k was booing Mario??? please tell me it was Swansea fans

If it was any of our fans then they need to look up the meaning of the word 'support'.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Reply #478: Oct 29, 2014 12:30:49 am
      Can't see the game but happy enough for a win :)
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #479: Oct 29, 2014 12:52:47 am
      I only got to see about 80% of the first half (tried to watch what I could while at the office) and then I caught the last 15 minutes of the game.  We were the better team in the 1st half, but couldn't turn our dominance into any really good goal scoring opportunities.  We had some decent buildup and got into some good positions, but the final ball was missing as it has been for most of the season.  Borini and Coutinho were the only ones who really looked like they could make a difference in the first half.  When I picked up in the 2nd half, we were down 1-0 but we looked like the better side.  Balo came on and managed to get a goal that both he and the team desperately needed, although I thought Borini's cross was better than Balo's finish.  Either way, it changed the game for us.  I do feel bad for Swansea though as the red card was bull sh*t.  It wasn't even a foul, let alone a red card.  Fernandez didn't have his studs exposed and he won the ball cleanly, so we were fortunate to be a man up for the last 5 minutes or so.  Lovren's goal was a bit fortunate too as it was more down to a very poor goalkeeping error rather than good play from us, but it counts and we carry on to the next round. 

Markovic was poor (again) but I don't get the bashing the lad is taking from some fans.  He is 19 years old, is obviously trying hard to make an impact, but it just isn't happening for him at the moment.  Sometimes it takes young kids a while to settle into a new team/league, so I hope fans can afford him a little more patience.  Admittedly, I should probably heed my own advice in regards to Balotelli....

Hopefully we can build on this performance and start to gain some momentum, because so far this season all of our confidence building wins have been followed by uninspiring performances/results.....
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #480: Oct 29, 2014 01:15:29 am
      Two up front.

Its simple.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #481: Oct 29, 2014 02:11:30 am
      Through to the next round, well in lads.

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,223 posts | 1222 
      Reply #482: Oct 29, 2014 02:16:26 am
      Balotelli just posted "Finally!" on his FB, with a photo of him after scoring.

Glad to see he appreciates the 'wait' for that goal. He seems to me to have his heart with us.

Love seeing players who've taken a bit of stick get on the scoresheet. Brilliant.

Now wouldn't it be nice to see Balotelli rile the f*ck out of the Geordies this weekend with a hat-trick and a stonking good celebration to boot.

Come on Mario!

Quick Reply