Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Sick Of The Liverpool FC Players Bashing

Read 5111 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Sick Of The Liverpool FC Players Bashing
      Reply #23: Oct 07, 2015 06:09:05 pm
      Exactly. The fans are the ones that have to pay out god knows how much to go and watch the team play, lose money from time off work in some cases etc so if the players, who earn 10's of thousands of pounds a day, plus however much through sponsorship's and bonuses etc literally for doing the thing they love for a few hours a week, if they don't at least perform as they should then they have to accept the abuse they get. Managers, owners etc get the stick so why should it be different for players. Hell, they still get paid for not playing...we don't get paid if we can't make it to work because we have got injured.

Even the media, if they want to slate players then let them, they are only saying what the majority are thinking (most the time)

It's part and parcel of the game and in all honesty, players may well say how much they love the fans and all that but in actual fact they couldn't actually give a damn as they go back to their mansions and flash cars. If the players are playing well and being successful there is no need to slate them but if they aren't performing then they have to take the stick.

The players have no idea how much the fans put up with to get to games, yes I know it's our choice but when you have over 100 miles to travel to every game and it costs in the region of around £100 a time, I feel we deserve a bit more passion and commitment from the players when they pull on the red shirt.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #24: Oct 07, 2015 08:11:32 pm
      I have a dartboard with the players on it and Brendan's face was the bullseye....  Think I will change that to Joe Allen
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Oct 07, 2015 09:19:37 pm
      I have a dartboard with the players on it and Brendan's face was the bullseye....  Think I will change that to Joe Allen

You need to get out more.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #26: Oct 08, 2015 07:47:03 pm

I think he actually has a dart board like that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #27: Oct 08, 2015 07:49:03 pm
      The players have no idea how much the fans put up with to get to games, yes I know it's our choice but when you have over 100 miles to travel to every game and it costs in the region of around £100 a time, I feel we deserve a bit more passion and commitment from the players when they pull on the red shirt.

I am not a frequent visitor these days but I have done my bit over decades. Lately I got the feeling the players are just going through the motions when supposedly thanking the fans at the end of the game I think this may change under Jürgen
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #28: Oct 08, 2015 07:53:59 pm

It's no wonder you have minus 37 plusses with posts like that.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #29: Oct 08, 2015 07:55:00 pm
      I am not a frequent visitor these days but I have done my bit over decades. Lately I got the feeling the players are just going through the motions when supposedly thanking the fans at the end of the game I think this may change under Jürgen

I sincerely hope so walton.
      zanwalk
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      Reply #30: Oct 09, 2015 09:18:45 am
      I think Hodgson has hacked Mick's account.

Sort it Mods. :f_tongueincheek:

Brilliant!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,554 posts | 1784 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31: Oct 09, 2015 03:34:52 pm
      Only way to really shut all the wankers up, do your talking on the football field.

that's very true. But some players can do no right in some fans eyes.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,554 posts | 1784 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #32: Oct 09, 2015 03:37:55 pm
      Fair enough mate and it's all opinions. I was kind of using the three at the back as the starting point, I don't think that suits us at all. Can isn't a defender IMHO and Clyne isn't a wing back. It's about time IMHO someone sat Alberto Moreno down and told him he'd better start defending properly, as a left back in a four. He CAN do it, it's just maturity and concentration.

From there, in our best team IMHO our middle two are Henderson and Can. Coutinho plays left with the license to roam, while on the right is Milner. I know he came to the club apparently because we promised him a central midfield slot, but Jürgen didn't make him any promises, and he's quality right midfielder. Up top, if fit our best two IMHO are by a mile Benteke and Sturridge.

This us how we'd look, and IMHO we have back up in all positions to make us a credible top four outfit in the short term:

Mignolet

Clyne        Skrtel.     Sakho.     Moreno. 

Milner.      Henderson.  Can.        Coutinho.

Benteke.   Sturridge. 

Been thinking about this as well. wtf is our best team and best formation.

This for high energy?

Mignolet

Clyne        Skrtel    Sakho     Moreno. 

Milner      Henderson.   Coutinho.

Firmino

Ings      Sturridge
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #33: Oct 10, 2015 01:32:04 pm
      I'd like to point out that I think players who don't put the effort in or fail to be totally committed to the cause deserve criticism.  And I mean criticism, not personal verbal or written insults or threats.  When they are paid as they are, they need to at the very least give 100%, on and off the pitch  .

My issue with the stick the players get is:

a) it happens in games when we should be getting behind the team. Some idiots get a massive kick out of being the loudest, filthiest gob in the place.  I used to hear witty comments at games, hilarious sometimes, now I just cringe at the crap that some of us come out with.
      b) its often disgusting, offensive libelous and puerile, whether live at the game or on social media.
      c) it doesn't help the confidence (CLEARLY already fragile) of the players at a time when we need them to believe in themselves.
      d) it makes us as a fan base look crass and idiotic, when we have a reputation for class, loyalty and intelligence.
      e) the media pick up on a few rants and suddenly "the fans have turned against (insert player's name)."

In short, it doesn't help Liverpool Football Club win anything.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #34: Oct 10, 2015 05:53:37 pm
      Werner has publicly confirmed yesterday that  players bought were Brendan Rodger's recommendations.

They are not good enough .

As soon as Klopp can get rid of some of the rubbish the better.

Some of them will get an almighty shock.
      Nowhere to hide .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #35: Oct 10, 2015 06:39:20 pm
      I'd like to point out that I think players who don't put the effort in or fail to be totally committed to the cause deserve criticism.  And I mean criticism, not personal verbal or written insults or threats.  When they are paid as they are, they need to at the very least give 100%, on and off the pitch  .

My issue with the stick the players get is:

a) it happens in games when we should be getting behind the team. Some idiots get a massive kick out of being the loudest, filthiest gob in the place.  I used to hear witty comments at games, hilarious sometimes, now I just cringe at the crap that some of us come out with.
      b) its often disgusting, offensive libelous and puerile, whether live at the game or on social media.
      c) it doesn't help the confidence (CLEARLY already fragile) of the players at a time when we need them to believe in themselves.
      d) it makes us as a fan base look crass and idiotic, when we have a reputation for class, loyalty and intelligence.
      e) the media pick up on a few rants and suddenly "the fans have turned against (insert player's name)."

In short, it doesn't help Liverpool Football Club win anything.

funny but i remember Ian Callaghan getting stick at the end of his career
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,283 posts | 2835 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #36: Oct 10, 2015 09:06:40 pm
      funny but i remember Ian Callaghan getting stick at the end of his career

I'm stunned at that

Quick Reply