Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Steven Gerrard Interview: I won't retire next summer - may play elsewhere...

Read 7162 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Re: Steven Gerrard Interview: I won't retire next summer - may play elsewhere...
      Reply #92: Nov 01, 2014 11:44:56 am
      It's time for both parties to move on. We, as a club, ought to move on and give that on and off field responsibility to someone else. We cannot rely on Gerrard all the time.

Yes we are lacking leaders at present, but someone has to step up and show that courage.

That doesn't mean we just bin Gerrard and allow him to leave.

No reason why he can't be a fill member of our squad but gradually phased out of being a player who plays each and every game no matter what.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Steven Gerrard Interview: I won't retire next summer - may play elsewhere...
      Reply #93: Nov 01, 2014 12:09:54 pm
      None story all this talk about a last big pay day with the MLS is outrageous! One last big pay day with LFC on the way!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #94: Nov 01, 2014 12:47:15 pm
      I have stated numerous times that Stevie is past his best, that he shouldn't be anymore an immovable object from our starting lineup, but he could be a great squad player, a great mentor to our youth players and foreigners (to explain them what it means wearing that red shirt), he still can be useful to our team, what is the point in him leaving our club when he is so close to retirement ? It would be an incredible irony for him to be leaving our club and us to be winning the league when he is not here anymore.

Quick Reply