Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Read 3156 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
      Oct 31, 2014 03:48:26 pm

It's almost here, the biggest game of the year.... so who's getting it and on what platform?

I'm never usually too hyped for Call of Duty, I'm more of a Counter Strike kind of player but for some reason I am pretty hyped for this! Pre ordered the Xbox One and PS4 Day Zero editions today to pick up Monday and I can't wait to be honest.

It will more than likely have a short, but filled with action campaign which I actually like about CoD, just full on, in your face action for a good few hours which is a change if you've been playing longer games, but this game is all about the multiplayer I guess and there is no arguing that it's bloody popular.

Multiplayer Gameplay
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
      Reply #1: Nov 01, 2014 10:04:23 am
      Comes out week of my exams. Perfect!

Getting it on ps4. Should be a cracker.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2: Nov 01, 2014 10:37:28 am
      Oh God, time for another map pack?

Can't you just play COD4 and rename it to Advanced Warfare and have the same gaming experience?

COD is worse than Apple for recycling.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3: Nov 01, 2014 02:15:49 pm
      Oh God, time for another map pack?

Can't you just play COD4 and rename it to Advanced Warfare and have the same gaming experience?

COD is worse than Apple for recycling.
      Pretty much every game is like that now though, I was a big Battlefield player, back in Battlefield 2, 2142 days but even now they suck.... I haven't got a lot of time for multiplayer games these days so for a change I'm looking forward to a bit of the fast paces stuff.

There is however one pistol I've seen on a few multiplayer gameplay vids that is one shot kill, I'm just hoping it isn't a game breaker, can see people camping to hell with that thing!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #4: Nov 02, 2014 01:09:41 pm
      Every game is like that because Activision pioneered that method and it seems like it's a gold-mine.

It's such a shame, and that's why I dislike the series/franchise/whatever you want to call it.

I wish we could have more support for independent developers, as they seem to have fresh ideas for some amazing games. I wish DICE weren't a subsidiary of EA, I wish that the guys over at Unreal had some new ideas, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Gaming these days is very subdued. Bring back the 90s.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5: Nov 02, 2014 01:53:17 pm
      Every game is like that because Activision pioneered that method and it seems like it's a gold-mine.

It's such a shame, and that's why I dislike the series/franchise/whatever you want to call it.

I wish we could have more support for independent developers, as they seem to have fresh ideas for some amazing games. I wish DICE weren't a subsidiary of EA, I wish that the guys over at Unreal had some new ideas, but I don't think that's going to happen.

If only....  :f_wah:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: Nov 02, 2014 02:42:43 pm

I downloaded Mass Effect 2 for 7 Euro.
      50+ hours of gaming and it improved the story when I replayed ME3, because it added the characters I had saved.
      Bier
      Reply #7: Nov 03, 2014 02:59:48 pm
      I quite like what I've seen of the new CoD, ofcourse it's still the hyper active kind of game that hasn't my preference, even more fast paced now with the jet packs, but it looks like more of a fun sci fi shooter now, actually different from the previous installment, graphically improved too.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #8: Nov 03, 2014 03:57:31 pm
      Been playing the single player since last night and there is just a couple things that annoy me so far, other than them, it's pretty decent!

The problems I've bumped into so far are when you finish a single player mission, there is no option to go back to the main menu, just an option to upgrade your gear and an option to go to the next mission, so you either have to start the next mission and quit from the options menu or totally restart the game if you dont want to see any of the cutscene parts of the next mission.

Also the way you switch between different kinds of grenades sucks, you hold L1 or LB and press the square or x button to circle through them such as EMP, Flash etc but there is no way to cancel a throw from what I see so you end up throwing them just selecting a grenade which is a waste...

Haven't tried multiplayer yet, I like to finish single player on games before I go for that.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #9: Nov 03, 2014 04:51:20 pm
      People are saying that its basically a Titanfall Replica.So basically Activison sacked the infinity ward employees and in turn the ideas of the same employees are copied into their new game.I dont get why they rely so much on quantity rather than quality.IMHO Treyarch COD are the ones that are thoroughly enjoyable especially the zombie mode(Kino Der Toten >:D)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #10: Nov 03, 2014 05:19:37 pm
      I'll take Arma over the CoD and battlefield franchises anyday.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #11: Nov 04, 2014 01:19:37 am
      Finished the campaign a few hours ago and it wasn't bad! Typical CoD story but kept me entertained enough to sit through it on one sitting!

Online is pretty fun too!

Quick Reply