Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

January transfer window

Read 43786 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      January transfer window
      Nov 01, 2014 02:32:08 pm
      Who do you, as a fan, want to see brought in this winter? Clearly this team isn't strong enough, so we need to sign someone, but who?
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Re: January transfer window
      Reply #1: Nov 01, 2014 03:13:18 pm
      Luis Suarez
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2: Nov 01, 2014 03:28:20 pm
      I'm not going to go in to names because that's a mug's game but what we need is what we should have signed in the Summer. We need a replacement for Suarez, someone with a goal threat and movement up front, who can partner Sturridge or replace him when he's injured and we need a decent goal keeper. Both of these where priority signings in the Summer and remain so for January.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,545 posts | 1487 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3: Nov 01, 2014 03:29:21 pm
      Cavani, Defoe, Schneiderlin and Varane to partner Sakho in defense, not gonna happen but yeah xD
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #4: Nov 01, 2014 03:32:15 pm
      We need a GK, a DM and a ST. Not gonna sign of all them in this window but we need to buy established stars as we have more then enough youth prospects in our team.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5: Nov 01, 2014 04:03:09 pm
      A miracle is what we need in the Jan window.

Something like Reus and Benzema, isn't going to happen of course.

I have honestly given up hope of finishing 4th or above, our only hope of CL footy next season is probably Europa League win, but can't see that either, depressing season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #6: Nov 01, 2014 04:08:01 pm
      would you spend anymore money .if it where my money I would say no more until we see some results from the players we have signed.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7: Nov 01, 2014 04:16:18 pm
      We need a forward who can link up well with the midfield and who is a threat in behind defences. Balotelli at his best isn't that man so we need a rethink sharpish.

Sturridge of course can be that man but we can't rely on him staying fit. We also have Origi who will come in from his return from loan for the start of next season.

A Remy or an Etoo for a season would have been ideal but that's all in the past now. Just wondering if a short term loan for an out of favour forward might see us through in January.

We are in real transition this year and I feel as though we didn't need to bring in as many players as we did but hey ho we are on that road now so I guess we have to hope the short term pain we feel this season will indeed bear fruit later down the line.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,545 posts | 1487 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #8: Nov 01, 2014 04:19:49 pm
      Just wondering if a short term loan for an out of favour forward might see us through in January.

Defoe is who comes to mind for me, I was watching an interview on BBC the other day saying he'd like to come back to England maybe on loan, couldn't hurt having someone who can score and knows the premier league for half a season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #9: Nov 01, 2014 04:24:21 pm
      We need a forward who can link up well with the midfield and who is a threat in behind defences. Balotelli at his best isn't that man so we need a rethink sharpish.

Firmino for me, all day long. We'll have Sturridge back as our main #9, Borini as backup and Origi incoming next season, so I think we should buy a different type of forward, a similar mould to Sanchez, Suarez etc.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #10: Nov 01, 2014 04:27:02 pm
      with brendan's brain, i wouldnt be surprised if he splashes 30 million on townsend
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #11: Nov 01, 2014 04:30:38 pm

Sturridge of course can be that man but we can't rely on him staying fit. We also have Origi who will come in from his return from loan for the start of next season.

A Remy or an Etoo for a season would have been ideal but that's all in the past now. Just wondering if a short term loan for an out of favour forward might see us through in January.

We are in real transition this year and I feel as though we didn't need to bring in as many players as we did but hey ho we are on that road now so I guess we have to hope the short term pain we feel this season will indeed bear fruit later down the line.

how did we get to be a transition side after losing just one major player. this shouldn't of happened that's why I am so angry
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #12: Nov 01, 2014 04:32:36 pm
      Looking at Rodgers record if you were Fenway would you give Rodgers any money in
      January 
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #13: Nov 01, 2014 04:33:22 pm
      Looking at Rodgers record if you were Fenway would you give Rodgers any money in
      January

only if they are stupid enough
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,395 posts | 2823 
      Reply #14: Nov 01, 2014 04:33:33 pm
      Versatile attacker who has pace and likes to get in behind. Ideally someone who can play alongside Sturridge and on their own/with Balotelli if needed. Can't think of any realistic targets, especially in January, so we could be waiting until the summer for that. Wouldn't say no to someone like Defoe for a few months in January if we can't find anything else.

Think we could do with a centre midfielder as well, a strong lad who can take the ball forward but can also sit alongside Stevie/replace him when he needs a rest. The Khedira from the Brazil-Germany game would be absolute perfect but I'm not sure we'll be able to beat off the competition to sign him.

Obviously there's other areas to improve but realistically I don't think we'll be adding more than a couple of players.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      Reply #15: Nov 01, 2014 04:34:35 pm

Transition from second to where ?
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #16: Nov 01, 2014 04:40:08 pm
      No idea of name, but imo what we need the most is a proven agresssive DM with a never give up attitude, in the Mascherano mould, able to free our other midfielders from defensives duties, make us respected in the center of the park and bring some order.
      IMO we can't bet on finding a forward allowing us to approach last year goal tally -who would come with even more pressure than Balo after this first failure at replacing Suarez-, and absolutely need both stopping our defensive hemorragy (and as it seems it's not recruiting new 20m defenders that can fix the true problem we have since 3 years), and more involvment from all our offensive-able midfielders to score enough (including moving back Gerrard to a more advanced role, even if it means having to sub him after an hour every game).
      While Can look a neat player for the future, I'm far to be sure he's ready to have that key role in the team, and Lucas is just a shade of himself since two years.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,395 posts | 2823 
      Reply #17: Nov 01, 2014 04:43:29 pm
      January 

Well he didn't do too badly the last time he spent in January.

On a side note, thinking what might have been if we signed Sanchez. He's pretty much single handedly dragging Arsenal up the table at the moment.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,545 posts | 1487 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #18: Nov 01, 2014 04:49:01 pm
      Well he didn't do too badly the last time he spent in January.

On a side note, thinking what might have been if we signed Sanchez. He's pretty much single handedly dragging Arsenal up the table at the moment.
      They got a cracking player, their version of Suarez.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #19: Nov 01, 2014 04:51:57 pm

It wasn't the fact we missed out on Sanchez that was the problem. The problem was, after failing to sign Sanchez, it felt like the club thought it couldn't attract those sort of players so went for a level or two below him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20: Nov 01, 2014 04:53:04 pm
      Can I suggest we should only buy "players with potential" from the lower leagues in this country and develop them.
      We used to do so well picking up some great players from lower leagues.Anyone remember Kevin Keegan or Ian Rush they wouldn't get a sniff these days and what about the academy surely they fit the players with potential tag. Again we would not see another Fowler or Owen these days these lads need time to develop and yes I know we have Sterling but he is a one off.
      This would free up funds to sign proven quality players who command big fees and big wages.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      Reply #21: Nov 01, 2014 04:53:47 pm
      They got a cracking player, their version of Suarez.

Were as we got Balotelli .....
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #22: Nov 01, 2014 04:55:58 pm
      It wasn't the fact we missed out on Sanchez that was the problem. The problem was, after failing to sign Sanchez, it felt like the club thought it couldn't attract those sort of players so went for a level or two below him.

How hard is it to sell Liverpool football club? or maybe the wrong people are doing that job.
      For those who have not visited the city for a while it is a city that has been transformed and can offer a huge variety of living.

Quick Reply