Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

January transfer window

Read 43787 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: January transfer window
      Reply #23: Nov 01, 2014 05:09:40 pm
      How hard is it to sell Liverpool football club? or maybe the wrong people are doing that job.
      For those who have not visited the city for a while it is a city that has been transformed and can offer a huge variety of living.

Unfortunately while on the up Liverpool as a city can't compete with the likes on London

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #24: Nov 01, 2014 05:14:34 pm
      The Sanchez issue was not that he did not want to come but we had no plan B.

We put all our eggs in one basket and once he refused we went into panic mode. Hardly the sign of a well thought out succession plan!
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #25: Nov 01, 2014 05:15:05 pm
      With our failure to meet FFP on last accounts, can't see us spending big next window. And why would the owners trust the manager with big money anyway?

I remember the same talks during KD's last season. We wasted a lot of money on average players, then fans were expecting to spend again on Jan, but we ended up with only Texeira as the signing and KD got the slap in the end.

Hope it doesn't end like that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #26: Nov 01, 2014 05:21:07 pm
      pressure than Balo after this first failure at replacing Suarez-, and absolutely need both stopping our defensive hemorragy (and as it seems it's not recruiting new 20m defenders that can fix the true problem we have since 3 years), and more involvment from all our offensive-able midfielders to score enough (including moving back Gerrard to a more advanced role, even if it means having to sub him after an hour every game).
      [/quo
      Unfortunately while on the up Liverpool as a city can't compete with the likes on London

why not footballers are not usually searching for a team where they can immerse themselves in the local artistic /usic scene .They come for the MONEY

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #27: Nov 01, 2014 05:21:43 pm
      The Sanchez issue was not that he did not want to come but we had no plan B.

We put all our eggs in one basket and once he refused we went into panic mode. Hardly the sign of a well thought out succession plan!

A bit like how a lot of us are putting all our eggs in one basket with Sturridge :(
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #28: Nov 01, 2014 05:22:48 pm
      He must not be given any money to waste. He is worrying me now. We have no idea whatsoever.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #29: Nov 01, 2014 05:30:50 pm
      A bit like how a lot of us are putting all our eggs in one basket with Sturridge :(

Agree he will no doubt improve the team but we have other major issues.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30: Nov 01, 2014 05:37:23 pm
      We're like a car running with a puncture. Have been for weeks (pretty much all games without Studge).
      If the club have not already started planning their striker business in January, then they might as well start digging a hole. To bury the season in.
      We fu**ed up in the summer not doing quality striker business - and if bean counters thought we'd get hung out to dry price wise then, they can just bend over at Chrimbo cause Brendan is going to get well and truly rodgered on price.
      Again, it's our own bed, we gotta lie in it.  At the moment, it's hard to see what's going to change up top, apart from Studge coming back - which doesn't look to be any time soon.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #31: Nov 01, 2014 05:48:01 pm
      We're like a car running with a puncture. Have been for weeks (pretty much all games without Studge).
      If the club have not already started planning their striker business in January, then they might as well start digging a hole. To bury the season in.
      We fu**ed up in the summer not doing quality striker business - and if bean counters thought we'd get hung out to dry price wise then, they can just bend over at Chrimbo cause Brendan is going to get well and truly rodgered on price.
      Again, it's our own bed, we gotta lie in it.  At the moment, it's hard to see what's going to change up top, apart from Studge coming back - which doesn't look to be any time soon.

If you have a puncture surely you have it repaired, not drive on aimlessly

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32: Nov 01, 2014 06:18:21 pm
      If you have a puncture surely you have it repaired, not drive on aimlessly

Well, they new tyres on, but seems a bit flat. And the spare's not in the boot.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #33: Nov 01, 2014 06:21:02 pm
      Well, they new tyres on, but seems a bit flat. And the spare's not in the boot.

we seem to have different  sized wheels on our car.
      CHOW87
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #34: Nov 01, 2014 06:36:05 pm
      BR's only successes in the transfer window have been Sturridge and Coutinho - two players who were out of favour at their clubs and were looking for regular football. Maybe we need to go down that route. Petr Cech, Sami Khedira, Pedro.

shane0908
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #35: Nov 01, 2014 08:20:14 pm
      If i was our owners theres no way i'd give money in january after the rubbish we've signed in the summer.
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #36: Nov 01, 2014 08:55:17 pm
      No money should be handed over in Jan. We have a big squad Brendan now needs to make it work. If he doesn't, save the cash for the next man in. BR has has a lot of money to spend and spunking more is not the cure.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #37: Nov 02, 2014 05:08:46 pm
      Outside of say Marco Reus, I'd gladly take Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim. Brilliant player. I'd also take Sami Khedira. Clearly on the outs at Real, Arsenal want him, and we need a proper DM.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38: Nov 02, 2014 06:25:06 pm
      First in for me a keeper,  Krul at toon would suffice, big, commanding keeper better than Migs imo,
      Next I'd go all out for julien Draxler and the lad Sniederiling, both would be ideal, one or the other then fine but add Pastore to the mix,  I like the lad Berahino but, I'll wait and see if the sturridge / Balotelli partnership takes effect first,

I've left the back four, just think they need a confident stopper behind them, and a confidence boost.

YNWA
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39: Nov 02, 2014 07:44:19 pm
      First in for me a keeper,  Krul at toon would suffice, big, commanding keeper better than Migs imo,
      Next I'd go all out for julien Draxler and the lad Sniederiling, both would be ideal, one or the other then fine but add Pastore to the mix,  I like the lad Berahino but, I'll wait and see if the sturridge / Balotelli partnership takes effect first,

I've left the back four, just think they need a confident stopper behind them, and a confidence boost.

YNWA

I don't mind Krul, but would prefer to have Begovic!!! Schneiderlin would be great, Draxler, no thanks. As for Berahino, no, he would probably cost 30-40m and with Origi incoming, I think we need a special intelligent type of forward... Firmino :)

If we had signed those 3 players in the summer, I would've backed us to challenge for top 3 and at least, quarters of CL.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #40: Nov 02, 2014 07:47:11 pm
      we seem to have different  sized wheels on our car.

I think some lousy b***ard has stolen the wheels.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #41: Nov 02, 2014 07:55:30 pm
      Priorities (as they were this summer) have got to be bringing in a mobile, goal-scoring CF and a top-class GK.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #42: Nov 03, 2014 09:30:50 am
      Assuming Reus is unrealistic,

THE MUSTs
      A vocal GK who can marshal his back-4 for god's sake (not really impressed with the links so far)
      Lacazette - which we should have done after the Remy deal collapsed

COULD TRY
      Abate - contract expires in the summer, could be available for a bargain unless we choose to play d**k over transfer fee
      Johnson - Get rid FFS if the above happens
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #43: Nov 03, 2014 09:52:05 am
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #44: Nov 03, 2014 09:59:55 am
      I think some lousy b***ard has stolen the wheels.

They bypass the computerised security now Billy and rob the car, the chassis numbers are sorted and it's sold off.
      Those were the days when you used to see bricks instead of wheels on some parked cars.

On topic and relative to the above, it looks as tho' somebody bricked up our transfer windows.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #45: Nov 03, 2014 10:06:50 am
      if we are talking of rebuilding we start at the back and move forward .Defence has to be a priority

Quick Reply