Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

January transfer window

Read 43785 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: January transfer window
      Reply #506: Jan 06, 2015 01:38:33 pm
      Show your ambition Fenway offer Barca their money back for Luis :-p

They don't have any ambition for us to win.. It would be an additional bonus but it's way way down their list of priorities.

They will only make any decision when and if it has a financial aspect to it.. Not for the benefit of the football side of things or you and me
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #507: Jan 06, 2015 03:24:24 pm
      I totally agree with this PaisleyDalglish.  The current owners see the club purely as a business investment, their ambition is to increase its turnover/cashflow/net profit.  It is possible that with a club as big as LFC that it creates its own commercial momentum on a global basis and if it becomes well managed commercially, that it'll produce any even better return for the owners and the investors they represent.  Somewhere in FSG someone will have a investment risk analysis showing the likely return with big investment in players (and the knock on effect on success on the pitch and increased profit)
      versus modest investment.  If the club is run strictly on a business basis it should be possible to
      'add value' before a sale.  My guess is that FSG are in it for 5 years, then they'll take a decision as to whether they want to retain ownership.  Our interest in glory is perhaps not in their interest.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #508: Jan 06, 2015 04:54:54 pm
      I totally agree with this PaisleyDalglish.  The current owners see the club purely as a business investment, their ambition is to increase its turnover/cashflow/net profit.  It is possible that with a club as big as LFC that it creates its own commercial momentum on a global basis and if it becomes well managed commercially, that it'll produce any even better return for the owners and the investors they represent.  Somewhere in FSG someone will have a investment risk analysis showing the likely return with big investment in players (and the knock on effect on success on the pitch and increased profit)
      versus modest investment.  If the club is run strictly on a business basis it should be possible to
      'add value' before a sale.  My guess is that FSG are in it for 5 years, then they'll take a decision as to whether they want to retain ownership.  Our interest in glory is perhaps not in their interest.

It's not like any of the guys at FSG need money, they have tripled the value of the baseball team and there are zero/zilch indications of them selling and its been 12 years now.

The 3-4 biggest holders in FSG have money all over the place with little to no leverage involved..to them this is not about needing to make money.

IMO 5 years from now FSG will still own club and 5 after that more likely.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #509: Jan 06, 2015 04:59:06 pm
      It's not like any of the guys at FSG need money, they have tripled the value of the baseball team and there are zero/zilch indications of them selling and its been 12 years now.

The 3-4 biggest holders in FSG have money all over the place with little to no leverage involved..to them this is not about needing to make money.

5 years from now FSG will still own club and 5 after that more likely.

Probably

But if you have lots it doesn't stop you wanting more.

I didn't mean that it's a short term thing for them, all I meant is that every single decision they make will be with a financial result in mind to it.. Nothing else
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #510: Jan 06, 2015 05:03:20 pm
      Probably

But if you have lots it doesn't stop you wanting more.

I didn't mean that it's a short term thing for them, all I meant is that every single decision they make will be with a financial result in mind to it.. Nothing else

I truly think for guys like this its a status thing more than anything.

If you have big big money then you can plow big big into squads (Man City, Chelsea, PSG) and have even a greater status symbols because you win things...FSG is eating at the big boys table but they look a fair bit like Oliver.

FSG would be the perfect owners for a club like Fulham, Swansea or Everton.
      Roboc83
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #511: Jan 06, 2015 08:42:04 pm
      I would love to see Hugo Llorris come in rumours spurs want to sell and a top goalscorer that's proven!!! but I say I have more chance of winning the lotto................... ......... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #512: Jan 06, 2015 09:33:42 pm
      I would love to see Hugo Llorris come in rumours spurs want to sell and a top goalscorer that's proven!!! but I say I have more chance of winning the lotto................... ......... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

They spent 28mil on a proven goal scorer. One who had scored 25 in 44, 27 in 51 and 30 in 46 in his last 3 seasons. Just goes to show that its more important to get a player who fits the team than being "proven". Anyway Lloris has his eye on RM no?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #513: Jan 06, 2015 10:17:45 pm

Ha no chance!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #514: Jan 06, 2015 10:20:04 pm
      They spent 28mil on a proven goal scorer. One who had scored 25 in 44, 27 in 51 and 30 in 46 in his last 3 seasons. Just goes to show that its more important to get a player who fits the team than being "proven"

This, all day long.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #515: Jan 06, 2015 10:38:33 pm
      They don't have any ambition for us to win.. It would be an additional bonus but it's way way down their list of priorities.

They will only make any decision when and if it has a financial aspect to it.. Not for the benefit of the football side of things or you and me

I don't know Jon, sanctioning 120m+ in the summer to me indicates faith in the manager and his vision to build a successful squad. Pocketing the 120m would talk to LFC being a cash cow for FSG.

Assuming here that FSG had no input into which players Brendan or the committe brought in the summer as long as the list of players stayed within the allocated budget of 120m. Would we have been better off with 4 quality world class, first team ready players on a high wages (100-150k) as opposed to 9 with potential and slightly proven (50-90k) is a question for Brendan and the committe.

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #516: Jan 06, 2015 10:43:38 pm
      Alan Pardew (Pardeux) wants Lambert http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/06/rickie-lambert-liverpool-target-alan-pardew. Totally unfussed either way to be honest. Seems like a good chap and the only striker we have who has managed to find the back of the net (in the league), but totally unsuited to our style of play. Even Balotelli makes the team look better. If it happens we will probably get another striker which is good.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #517: Jan 06, 2015 10:48:42 pm
      I don't know Jon, sanctioning 120m+ in the summer to me indicates faith in the manager and his vision to build a successful squad. Pocketing the 120m would talk to LFC being a cash cow for FSG.

Assuming here that FSG had no input into which players Brendan or the committe brought in the summer as long as the list of players stayed within the allocated budget of 120m. Would we have been better off with 4 quality world class, first team ready players on a high wages (100-150k) as opposed to 9 with potential and slightly proven (50-90k) is a question for Brendan and the committe.

The whole who signed who and who's decision is painful mate, we don't know.. Whoever it was though got it wrong.

I didn't say they are terrible owners, I've said historically they could have been the right owners during 05-09 period.

All I'm saying is that every decision they make will be scrutinised from a financial view.. Even the outlay in the summer would have been. Don't forget the most part of that was money brought into the club..

They brought the club at a basement price, it was a no gamble for an investment group, as long as they are sensible they can make money on their investment.. They are sensible and clever business men, they will only make sound financial business decisions.. We spent what 36(?) million net in the summer, that's money we generate.
      Every contract extension  they offer will be a calculated gamble with a high chance of success financially for the club, every player they bring in the same.

All I was saying is that I genuinely don't believe they are here 'to win' winning wasn't the catalyst for them buying us, spotting a bargain and a sound investment was, and everything they do will ultimately fall back to those principles
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #518: Jan 06, 2015 10:57:18 pm
      The whole who signed who and who's decision is painful mate, we don't know.. Whoever it was though got it wrong.

I didn't say they are terrible owners, I've said historically they could have been the right owners during 05-09 period.

All I'm saying is that every decision they make will be scrutinised from a financial view.. Even the outlay in the summer would have been. Don't forget the most part of that was money brought into the club..

They brought the club at a basement price, it was a no gamble for an investment group, as long as they are sensible they can make money on their investment.. They are sensible and clever business men, they will only make sound financial business decisions.. We spent what 36(?) million net in the summer, that's money we generate.
      Every contract extension  they offer will be a calculated gamble with a high chance of success financially for the club, every player they bring in the same.

All I was saying is that I genuinely don't believe they are here 'to win' winning wasn't the catalyst for them buying us, spotting a bargain and a sound investment was, and everything they do will ultimately fall back to those principles

Fair enough mate.

They would have witnessed first hand last season the intrinsic link between winning and generating revenue and that the two go hand in hand. Don't have the correct figures and just talking out of school but from memory we were only second to Man City in tv rights revenue I think it was 90m to City's 92m that was on the back of a season we nearly won the title. Point being it is in everyones best interest for us to win as many games as possible.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #519: Jan 06, 2015 11:05:25 pm
      Fair enough mate.

They would have witnessed first hand last season the intrinsic link between winning and generating revenue and that the two go hand in hand. Don't have the correct figures and just talking out of school but from memory we were only second to Man City in tv rights revenue I think it was 90m to City's 92m that was on the back of a season we nearly won the title. Point being it is in everyones best interest for us to win as many games as possible.

We were top mate of the TV money list last season

They also recently stated though that CL isn't a necessity to our future.. That it's not needed
      Says a lot mate that

Again I'm not saying they are the worst owners I just don't think their priorities and ours are the same
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #520: Jan 07, 2015 03:21:09 am
      Said it before and I'll say it again....I don't see us making any deals this window. Saddens me but I feel it's better to not get my hopes up like I did in the summer. :(
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #521: Jan 07, 2015 04:04:38 am
      Said it before and I'll say it again....I don't see us making any deals this window. Saddens me but I feel it's better to not get my hopes up like I did in the summer. :(

Only one I see happening is Ibe back from his loan spell.

asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #522: Jan 07, 2015 04:45:38 am
      Exactly what i feel. Just like in 2011-12 season when spend a lot of money on sh*t players , then the only player came during January was Texeira.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #523: Jan 07, 2015 09:08:51 am
      If we could offload Lambert, Borini and Jones and bring in Shaqiri, a mobile striker and a new goalkeeper it would be a pretty good window.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #524: Jan 07, 2015 09:15:42 am
      If we could offload Lambert, Borini and Jones and bring in Shaqiri, a mobile striker and a new goalkeeper it would be a pretty good window.

Won't happen though will it mate?

Jones will go in the summer when his contract is up, not before and I can't see anyone offering him anything for him now, I mean there is no talk of even talks of pre contracts elsewhere let alone a cash offer. Lambert I'm afraid we are stuck with until at least the summer and possibly through his contract.

Borini may go but I get the feeling we may well get fu**ed on that and pay him something off his contract for him to leave

We won't sign three either.. I'm not confident we will sign one
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #525: Jan 07, 2015 09:28:37 am
      Won't happen though will it mate?

Jones will go in the summer when his contract is up, not before and I can't see anyone offering him anything for him now, I mean there is no talk of even talks of pre contracts elsewhere let alone a cash offer. Lambert I'm afraid we are stuck with until at least the summer and possibly through his contract.

Borini may go but I get the feeling we may well get fu**ed on that and pay him something off his contract for him to leave

We won't sign three either.. I'm not confident we will sign one

Well there is hope that Pardew will sign Lambert and it would be a good move for him as Palace have no strikers. We will probably take a hit selling Borini to Sunderland I reckon we will get £8 million max for him. A goalkeeper is essential this month Brendan must know that! Not saying these moves will happen but they need to happen to save our season.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #526: Jan 07, 2015 09:30:57 am
      Well there is hope that Pardew will sign Lambert and it would be a good move for him as Palace have no strikers. We will probably take a hit selling Borini to Sunderland I reckon we will get £8 million max for him. A goalkeeper is essential this month Brendan must know that! Not saying these moves will happen but they need to happen to save our season.

Oh I completely agree mate, I just don't have any confidence that they will.

Borini may go on the deadline day but it wouldn't surprise me if it's another loan and then sort his future in June/July
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #527: Jan 07, 2015 09:47:56 am

I would be happy with just one of those.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #528: Jan 07, 2015 12:30:09 pm
      These are the areas that needed to be fixed. You summed it up well. Doubt they will be addressed by the end of this window. Which means... We lower or expectations or face disappointment.

Quick Reply