Trending Topics

Pre Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool. Champions League Tuesday 4th Nov 7.45pm ko.

Read 15445 times
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Re: Pre Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool. Champions League Tuesday 4th Nov 7.45pm ko.
      Reply #184: Nov 04, 2014 05:22:31 pm
      Tony Barrett @TonyBarretTimes  ·  3m 3 minutes ago
      As reported this morning, Brendan Rodgers is proceeding with plans to rest several players against Real Madrid.

What are we Swansea or something? Looks like we are defeated even before the game in the mind of the manager! :-\
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Re: Pre Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool. Champions League Tuesday 4th Nov 7.45pm ko.
      Reply #185: Nov 04, 2014 05:23:43 pm
      Yeah to be fair last time we met Brendan tried a bizarre stare I'm sure in an effort to hypnotise Anchelotti

"look in the eyes not around the eyes look in the eyes!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #186: Nov 04, 2014 05:32:11 pm
      i woke up this morning... and felt kind of sad actually

what a rollercoaster ride it has been for us LFC diehards this year (and it's only November).  we started the year and end of spring on a super high... then heartache to 2nd.

happiness when we went guns blazing and bought the southampton team.  prior to world cup

shocked at Suarez's bite

anger, frustrated, relief?, at Suarez's departure

optimistic at more signings

excited at balotelli

excited at new season

crash and burn since then.

dreading a beatdown vs Real Madrid today.  A game that we all as fans of Liverpool have really been dreaming of for the better part of 5 years.

how did we come to this? 

YNWA!  c'mon lads, you have the ability to make us dream.  There are 2 more months in this year,  lets make it good!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #187: Nov 04, 2014 05:39:27 pm
      What are we Swansea or something? Looks like we are defeated even before the game in the mind of the manager! :-\

This game won't define our season, I say good on Brendan giving some of the youngsters/fringe players a opportunity.
      And besides our first team were not up to much at Anfield or even the mighty Toon.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #188: Nov 04, 2014 05:40:38 pm
      Come on lads. Let's stay positive. We are Liverpool Football Club. You never know in football. I'm going for a win. Come on you reds. YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #189: Nov 04, 2014 05:44:13 pm
      F**k me has this forum become the most negative LFC site on the tinternet?

The mighty red men will smash these. It's in our DNA.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #190: Nov 04, 2014 05:44:46 pm
      This game won't define our season, I say good on Brendan giving some of the youngsters/fringe players a opportunity.
      And besides our first team were not up to much at Anfield or even the mighty Toon.

This is exactly right, maybe Brendan has finally realised that soem of the firnge players can do a better job than our First XI. All I want is that we start with 2 strikers and that we don't start with Stevie or Joe Allen. Lets have Lucas in the Stevie role and lets play Can as well, this lad will become brilliant for us, I'm sure of it. Plus surely Markovic has to find his feet at some point, why not against Real Madrid.
      As long as we play with passion I'll not be to upset whatever the outcome.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #191: Nov 04, 2014 05:51:40 pm
      Yeah right. I was shocked after seeing that. However while thinking it is sensible thing to do. I would say apart from Sterling, dropping Gerrard,Balotelli,GJ will only improve our mobility and will at least be able to put up a fight. 
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #192: Nov 04, 2014 05:53:26 pm

Just realised that, thank god.... though Clive 'That Night In Barcelona' Tyldsley aint any better.

I bet 12 minutes in we'll here him mention his beloved Manchester United. tw*t.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #193: Nov 04, 2014 05:55:30 pm

what a rollercoaster ride it has been for us LFC diehards this year (and it's only November).  we started the year and end of spring on a super high... then heartache to 2nd.

Not just this year! Looking back to the times under Hodgson were we played like sh*t every week with no game plan at all. Winning the league cup with Kenny (first piece of silverware since 2006)  Or when we finished second under Rafa in the league and than collapsed the following season.

Well in this "short period" of time we experienced quite a  rollercoaster! Not many football clubs have such a story to tell!
      Call me insane but this is actually what I love about Liverpool. We always come back somehow!

I always laugh about all the Bayern Munich fans in my area. It is not hard to support them, they always win due to a weak league. At some point it gets boring even for them!

Anything can happen tonight! This makes it so wonderful :)

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2014 06:22:05 pm by Emlyn Hughes »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #194: Nov 04, 2014 06:22:38 pm
      F***ing COME ON LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!! 0-1 WE CAN DO IT XXXXXXXXX
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #195: Nov 04, 2014 06:25:30 pm
      I think it's time for a bit of Al

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQUBq2blgjU
      nvmp09
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #196: Nov 04, 2014 06:32:36 pm
      Confirmed XI:
      Mignolet
      Manquillo
      Toure
      Skrtel
      Moreno
      Lucas
      Can
      Allen
      Markovic
      Borini
      Lallana
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #197: Nov 04, 2014 06:33:07 pm
      Hearing Skrtel (!!!!) captain, Gerrard on the bench...

Why is Hendo not captain ? ....
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #198: Nov 04, 2014 06:33:17 pm
      Bib theory is a load of sh*t then...  :lmao:
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #199: Nov 04, 2014 06:33:52 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #200: Nov 04, 2014 06:34:31 pm
      Bib theory is a load of sh*t then...  :lmao:

Was just thinking that mate.  Keeps us on our toes does Brendan  :D

And where the hell's Clint  :action-smiley-057:
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #201: Nov 04, 2014 06:36:53 pm
      Hearing Skrtel (!!!!) captain, Gerrard on the bench...

Why is Hendo not captain ? ....
      Hendo on the bench.

Lovren didn't even made the bench. I would say this more of a 'Dropping' due to poor form rather than 'resting' barring Steling.
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #202: Nov 04, 2014 06:36:53 pm
      Let's be honest Gerrard has hardly shown any leadership so far this season, so shall we all just cut that one out.

Eh? And how do you measure leadership? Just because we're playing poorly it doesn't mean it isn't present

viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #203: Nov 04, 2014 06:37:27 pm
      What is Br thinking?

Did he just give up? Like "Well, we're not going to win this one, so I might just get the reserves to play this one"?

Shame...
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #204: Nov 04, 2014 06:37:45 pm
      Love the League Cup me, eh, hold on a minute.......
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #205: Nov 04, 2014 06:40:20 pm
      Come in No. 50 !!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #206: Nov 04, 2014 06:40:31 pm

Oh right it's a invisible magical force eh......cool gotcha.

Quick Reply