Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      17 (17.2%)
      Toure
      45 (45.5%)
      Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      Moreno
      7 (7.1%)
      Can
      3 (3%)
      Leiva
      18 (18.2%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Lallana
      4 (4%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Borini
      4 (4%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: Nov 08, 2014 10:00:33 pm

Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 32758 times
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Re: Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #713: Nov 04, 2014 10:11:37 pm
      We lost Again Brendan has no clue & happy at a loss, thought we where on the UP.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #714: Nov 04, 2014 10:12:50 pm
      Love all that "Madrid were below their best tonight". Ah right, so we don't get any credit for that then.

And "Brendan is over the moon we only lost 1-0"? What do people expect him to say, really? Embarrassing on here sometimes.

It's pretty funny to see so many on here praise our performance but when the boss does it, it's a sin.

We lost Again Brendan has no clue & happy at a loss, thought we where on the UP.

Eat one massive penis.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #715: Nov 04, 2014 10:13:48 pm
      As for Moreno, the last time I saw a left back with that much potential was a few years ago. He was pacey too, and for a while there was a stat going round that his club had never actually won a league game in which he'd played. I think that impacted on his confidence, so much so he was almost sold to Stoke or somebody for peanuts.

Eventually he blossomed and came good, so much so they didn't bother playing him left back any more. He got to be so good that in the end he got sold for a pot load of dosh. His name? We played against him for a bit tonight.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #716: Nov 04, 2014 10:15:50 pm

F**k off.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #717: Nov 04, 2014 10:17:39 pm

Did you even watch the game? Guessed not.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #718: Nov 04, 2014 10:18:42 pm
      Love all that "Madrid were below their best tonight". Ah right, so we don't get any credit for that then.

And "Brendan is over the moon we only lost 1-0"? What do people expect him to say, really? Embarrassing on here sometimes.

I knew we would get the pundits trying to save face by saying that.Lets face it they wanted us to get twatted tonight but I am really pleased that 99% of posters tried to be positive and get behind the lads because tonight they really deserved it and F**k the experts.
      I understand Maureen made a snide comment about Brendan so I hope to F**k we give them a hiding on Saturday I really do.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #719: Nov 04, 2014 10:19:06 pm
      Although the loss, the lads done well tonight, proud of the lot of you, now bring on the chav's. Come On You Reds.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #720: Nov 04, 2014 10:19:40 pm

the most obvious and poor attempt at being a wum. #gedoffwithyaprick#douche#startthinkingforyourself######
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #721: Nov 04, 2014 10:20:22 pm
      How does Brendan justify starting Balotelli against Chelsea?

Granted, Borini struggled to be a threat in front of goal, but he tracked back well and retained possession for the club AND importantly, when he had distributed in midfield, zipped immediately forward and didn't lounge around like lazy Balotelli.

It's unfathomable if he starts against Chelsea.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #722: Nov 04, 2014 10:21:05 pm

you do know we played at Madrid against arguably the best team in the world with a makeshift side
      After such a good effort and showing a good deal of skill the least you can do is show a bit of respect for thelads even if you don't like Brendan.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #723: Nov 04, 2014 10:22:37 pm

Granted, Borini struggled to be a threat in front of goal, but he tracked back well and retained possession for the club AND importantly, when he had distributed in midfield, zipped immediately forward and didn't lounge around like lazy Balotelli.

He hasn't yet though has he?  ;)
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #724: Nov 04, 2014 10:23:18 pm
      I am really pleased that 99% of posters tried to be positive

I think you're over doing that figure mate..

Some have been an utter embarrassment to this club over the last few days.. Today with a few I'm genuinely gutted they're Liverpoool fans
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #725: Nov 04, 2014 10:23:42 pm
      Although quite ineffective tonight, he tracked back with Ronaldo, closed him down, nicked the ball off him, and played an accurate pass up field

Well done Sterling
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #726: Nov 04, 2014 10:23:44 pm
      Been watching it on a 30 minute delay so only just got to the end of the match. Fairplay to the lads that played, they surpassed the expectations of most in here that's for sure! Maybe they all deserve to play again at the weekend. In a season where our defensive play has been terrible and a lot of players have been making mistakes it is encouraging that tonights' performance will have given the manager something to think about.

It was Mignolet's best performance of the season, Kolo did more than enough to warrant keeping his place in the side, I will be pissed if he doesn't. He is very much a confidence player and I like the fact he is a talker and an organiser. Skrtel and Moreno also played very well and for me the best player on the park was Lucas. I thought he gave a bit of a msterclass in how to play the DM role in Europe. It's such a shame his legs aren't quite up to the pace of the EPL because in games like tonight he is superb. He would still thrive in a league like Serie A. I actually thought we lost our shape somewhat when he went off and think that Gerrard probably should have come on for Can who was looking knackered by that time (I think he needs to lose a few pounds meself)We didn't offer much if anything in the final 3rd but away from home in the EPL maybe, defensively perhaps this is the way to go ie. play a deeper line (which suits Skrtel), give the back four some extra protection, have a willing runner like Borini up top and play on the counter and not be so bloody static (see Balotelli/Lambert)

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #727: Nov 04, 2014 10:23:52 pm

I worry about his judgment if Balotelli starts. I don't rate Borini one bit as a player but the lad does a great job up front giving the defence no time to settle.
      If I was Lucas or Toure I would be kicking down the managers door if he dropped me after that.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #728: Nov 04, 2014 10:24:18 pm
      We got beat, can't say I'm happy about it, never am when we loose, but at least there players put some effort in to it and with a bit more quality up front, we might have got something out of the game. I thought it was our best performance since Spurs.

Toure was immense tonight. Talk about taking your chances, if he doesn't keep his place then Rodgers needs his head feeling. Borini played well, without offering much in the way of a goal threat and this was Markovic's best game for us yet. Lallana should be a regular first team player for me but I was disappointed that he didn't throw Mario on for the last half hour because I felt he could have held the ball up well allowing Borini to get in to better goal scoring positions which is how he should be used in every game. All the substitutions where like-for-like and did nothing to change our approach to the game which was disappointing.

Overall, not happy, never am when we loose, but satisfied that the players did us proud.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #729: Nov 04, 2014 10:25:08 pm

It's just ANYONE looks superior to Balotelli playing for us - he's quite honestly the worst looking striker we've had here since N'Gog.

Borini isn't the full package obviously but it's obviously written in the stars for him to score against his former club on Saturday!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #730: Nov 04, 2014 10:25:47 pm
      A creditable performance in many ways, the so called second team, showed plenty of character to limit Real Madrid to just a one goal win, which could bode well for the future. At least team morale will not be damaged, roll on Saturday when we beat the Chavs.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #731: Nov 04, 2014 10:25:50 pm
      I thought we played reasonably well tonight, but we are totally toothless in attack and I can't see that changing any time soon.

Markovic was poor ... but it was still his best performance for us so far.

Allen was made for games like this where passing back and keeping possession is the best you can hope for and he was still quite poor.

Toure played well, makes a difference having a player that can read a game again.

Moreno if he learns to defend and cross will be an outstanding player ... pace to burn and showed a good touch at times.

Can was very impressive in the first half, thought the lack of games showed in the second.

Lallana was probably my m.o.t.m. only player that really troubled the Madrid defence and the only one that ever looked like scoring.

Can't say I am happy with the result but I think we can take a little bit of heart from the performance. We need more goal threat if we are to get anywhere this season though.   

AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #732: Nov 04, 2014 10:26:08 pm
      I think you're over doing that figure mate..

Some have been an utter embarrassment to this club over the last few days.. Today with a few I'm genuinely gutted they're Liverpoool fans

The fact that some were acting like we'd already lost before the game even started is baffling.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #733: Nov 04, 2014 10:26:42 pm
      elected)

Quote from waltonl4 on Today at 10:18:42 PMI am really pleased that 99% of posters tried to be positive I think you're over doing that figure mate..

I was trying to keep the positive theme.
      but the same old ones are always going to post the stuff they post .
      I think when the match is on you have to get behind the lads its the Liverpool way.
      Complain moan talk about the manager after the game but not when the game is on I don't get that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #734: Nov 04, 2014 10:28:15 pm
      Nothing wrong to look at the positives, but let's not forget this is our third straight European defeat.  Not happened for around 50 years.

I thought we played reasonably well tonight, but we are totally toothless in attack and I can't see that changing any time soon.

I can see it changing if we play two up front and one of them is Sturridge.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #735: Nov 04, 2014 10:28:19 pm
      I worry about his judgment if Balotelli starts. I don't rate Borini one bit as a player but the lad does a great job up front giving the defence no time to settle.
      If I was Lucas or Toure I would be kicking down the managers door if he dropped me after that.

It's at the very least about making the defence work - and Borini does that.

He never really has been given a chance at Liverpool - he struggled to get rhythm in his first season here due to injury, and has never truly been given a run.

He deserves his chance - its all about having th desire and commitment to improve. Borini has that in him, and he can only get better I feel. Plus, he's still a young player.

Quick Reply