Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool 1:2 Chelsea. In game and post match déjà vu.

Read 42663 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Chelsea
      Reply #23: Nov 08, 2014 12:03:24 pm

I would have thought his last performance would guarantee selection for the rent boys game, surely he won't be getting splinters for too long.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #24: Nov 08, 2014 12:04:14 pm
      Certainly put himself under pressure now expected changes but not wholesale Johnson , Lovren and Balotelli shouldnt start on Merit but Brendan knows best ??
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #25: Nov 08, 2014 12:04:15 pm
      Oh FFS Balotelli up top on his own again. What the actual F**k Brendan? It's never gonna F***ing work  :mad:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #26: Nov 08, 2014 12:05:19 pm
      Brendan will get loads of stick for that lineup but at the end of the day if those players brought straight back in don't show us how much it hurt them to not play at the Bernabeu then they should never where the shirt again.  It's down to them to prove they deserve to be here and I hope they realise that.

Not looking forward to this one bit now as we need every single one of them to be at their absolute best to get anything from this game and so far this season, not one of them has.
      CHOW87
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #27: Nov 08, 2014 12:06:51 pm
      I'd imagine that BR's team talk before the Madrid game involved asking the players he'd brought in to go out and prove to him that they deserve a run in the team. Yet here we are, the best performers from midweek dropped to the bench again.

It's difficult to expect better performances from the likes of Johnson, Lovren and Balotelli when they know they can waltz back into the team no matter how well their replacements play.

I think BR will lose a bit of respect within the media and possibly the dressing room with this team selection.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #28: Nov 08, 2014 12:07:28 pm
      Just hope we tw*t them.

Just hope our fans show the rent boys what fans sound like.

Just hope Maureen needs his little book of excuses.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #29: Nov 08, 2014 12:07:37 pm
      Glad Can is starting but feel for Manquillo, Toure, Lallana, Lucas and Borini.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #30: Nov 08, 2014 12:08:42 pm
      I'd imagine that BR's team talk before the Madrid game involved asking the players he'd brought in to go out and prove to him that they deserve a run in the team. Yet here we are, the best performers from midweek dropped to the bench again.

It's difficult to expect better performances from the likes of Johnson, Lovren and Balotelli when they know they can waltz back into the team no matter how well their replacements play.

I think BR will lose a bit of respect within the media and possibly the dressing room with this team selection.

If we lose today the pressure on Rodgers credibility will sky rocket.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #31: Nov 08, 2014 12:09:45 pm
      Welcome to Anfield, you rent boys.

We're gonna pull this off.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #32: Nov 08, 2014 12:10:38 pm
      I think we all knew the team before the match if were honest. It feels very much like a case of 'if it doesn't work, try the same thing again' to me. Let's hope the rest gives these lads the spark they will need to make a fist of this game.

As far as the tactics go I hope we don't go all out, I'd like to see us sit deeper, stop offering up the spaces that keep getting exploited and work from a solid platform and see if we can't get the first goal.

Had to turn down a ticket for this one due to being pretty skint. Hope I regret it!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Nov 08, 2014 12:11:43 pm
      Its sad to see how people are starting to turn on the Gaffer. Hes just fielded what would have been deemed his strongest team 1 week ago.

IBWT.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #34: Nov 08, 2014 12:11:47 pm
      Anyone thinking a potential diamond today with Sterling right up there alongside Mario? Or even Gerrard playing just behind Balotelli? Because Coutinho left and Sterling right with Mario on his own is just asking for trouble today IMO.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #35: Nov 08, 2014 12:12:40 pm
      Obviously this isn't the time to criticise the team selection as the lads Brendan has chosen could end up getting a good win but he's left himself wife open for criticism if it goes tits up.

More than anything I want mourinho moaning after the final whistle, does my head in the rat.

Balotelli brace today with two assists for Couts.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #36: Nov 08, 2014 12:13:09 pm
      Initially a bit shocked by the line up but really he's using players as competition against each other to psyche them up more, which may lead to a higher level of intensity and desire.
      I won't ever get the Balotelli on his own business though.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #37: Nov 08, 2014 12:13:09 pm
      I think we all knew the team before the match if were honest. It feels very much like a case of 'if it doesn't work, try the same thing again' to me. Let's hope the rest gives these lads the spark they will need to make a fist of this game.

I think that's what is frustrating many people the most Scott. Must say I'm glad to see Can come in but as you say it's pretty much same thing again and again like there is no other option, when there are lots of options.

Truly gutted for Kolo, his performance against Madrid watching live was fantastic, after seeing the stats and replays it was monumental. Dropping after that, considering how sh*te our defending has been, especially Lovren, it just doesn't sit well with me decisions like that.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38: Nov 08, 2014 12:13:22 pm
      Raheem, Hendo and Stevie had a week off so they better be fired up and full of energy today not the lethargic snails we saw last weekend.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #39: Nov 08, 2014 12:15:56 pm
      This is what i thought about right after seeing that GJ,Lovren,Gerrard,Balotelli are back in the team.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #40: Nov 08, 2014 12:15:58 pm
      I'm happy enough with the team today.... apart from the lack of goal threat and I don't think there is really much Brendan can do about that at the moment.

I feel quite confident we are going to win this ... more confident than I should perhaps after recent results.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #41: Nov 08, 2014 12:16:17 pm
      I hope we go at them today, I'd rather us win/lose/draw trying to win rather than watching us keep tight with no attack and then ship a goal like the newcastle match
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #42: Nov 08, 2014 12:17:41 pm
      Disappointed in the line up. Would've liked to have seen Toure, Manquillo, Lucas, Lallana & Borini start, oh well :(

Hope Balotelli has the game of his life, he really does have something to prove, not only to us but to Mourinho too, so maybe he'll step it up!

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #43: Nov 08, 2014 12:18:30 pm
      Its sad to see how people are starting to turn on the Gaffer. Hes just fielded what would have been deemed his strongest team 1 week ago.

IBWT.

Yes it's almost the same team he fielded against Newcastle. And they were absolutely dire. He played a different team against Madrid and they were much better. So why would we not question the gaffers team selection? Also questioning the manager and turning your back on him are two very different things. I'm still fully behind Rodgers but I find some of his team selections and formations this season really frustrating.
      Mario91
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #44: Nov 08, 2014 12:20:07 pm
      Brendan will get loads of stick for that lineup but at the end of the day if those players brought straight back in don't show us how much it hurt them to not play at the Bernabeu then they should never where the shirt again.  It's down to them to prove they deserve to be here and I hope they realise that.

Not looking forward to this one bit now as we need every single one of them to be at their absolute best to get anything from this game and so far this season, not one of them has.

This!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #45: Nov 08, 2014 12:20:38 pm
      I'm happy enough with the team today.... apart from the lack of goal threat and I don't think there is really much Brendan can do about that at the moment.

I feel quite confident we are going to win this ... more confident than I should perhaps after recent results.

Hope you're right Saint. I never stop believing but I couldn't half use a wee adrenalin shot at the minute - we've just been so flat.

Quick Reply