Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool 1:2 Chelsea. In game and post match déjà vu.

Read 43010 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Liverpool 1:2 Chelsea. In game and post match déjà vu.
      Reply #713: Nov 09, 2014 06:32:58 am
      I saw more positives than negatives watching us play yesterday, their organisation and overall quality is a level above ours unfortunately. Can and Coutinho blew my mind the way they played, looked a different class in our team, Balotelli impressed me with his technique.

I vote for the ref as Chelsea's motm, he played a good game for them and stuck to Mourinho's game plan and took the Russian mafia's friendly advice in how to approach the game.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #714: Nov 09, 2014 07:03:07 am
      I saw more positives than negatives watching us play yesterday, their organisation and overall quality is a level above ours unfortunately. Can and Coutinho blew my mind the way they played, looked a different class in our team, Balotelli impressed me with his technique.

I vote for the ref as Chelsea's motm, he played a good game for them and stuck to Mourinho's game plan and took the Russian mafia's friendly advice in how to approach the game.

Don't think we were nearly as dire as some are making out. Our biggest issue is that every game we look as though we only have one midfielder. Stevie was poor on defense and didn't do well linking defense to attack. Henderson hasn't been at the same level this season at all. Can was exceptional. Balo is being criticized a lot for the offsides calls but I think that has more to do with how slow our play is at the moment. He worked hard and I think will be ok once Sturridge is back. We have to get more from our midfield though or we don't stand a chance. Balotelli is so isolated most of the game. Obviously not good enough but there were some things we did better.

Also how the f**k did they miss the handball? Atrocious from the official
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #715: Nov 09, 2014 07:23:12 am
      Don't think we were nearly as dire as some are making out. Our biggest issue is that every game we look as though we only have one midfielder. Stevie was poor on defense and didn't do well linking defense to attack. Henderson hasn't been at the same level this season at all. Can was exceptional. Balo is being criticized a lot for the offsides calls but I think that has more to do with how slow our play is at the moment. He worked hard and I think will be ok once Sturridge is back. We have to get more from our midfield though or we don't stand a chance. Balotelli is so isolated most of the game. Obviously not good enough but there were some things we did better.

Also how the f**k did they miss the handball? Atrocious from the official

Maybe Henderson should only be brought on in a situation were we are winning and want to hold onto the lead, he can shut down the midfield area by running around and blocking space. I can't remember him doing nothing yesterday but I may have missed what he was actually doing.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #716: Nov 09, 2014 07:38:08 am
      Maybe having Sturridge back will give us shot in the arm we need we looked better against the Chavs but we were never in their class and that hurts, all their buys fit into the way they play add to their team and made them a better team us we bought players who are not ready to step up and be counted I know we have good players for tomorrow but what about today do we have to wait another 5 years for another run out in the CL, I think our policy of buying for the future has to change and maybe just maybe we can progress.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #717: Nov 09, 2014 08:34:47 am
      I wish I can read what is in BR's mind with regards to linking the midfield and striker or strikers  in attack. As far as I can see now there is a "BIG NO" linkage between midfield and attack. Case in point,  Cou had to wrestle his way pass 2 or 3 chelksi players, when he did that then we got Mr. Balo drifted to the wing which he should have drifted into the box to receive the final ball when Cou almost reaching the box. I mean what the hell is going on here, ok call me an armchair manager if you so wish and if  we ask  Rushie's opinion he'll most probably say the same thing because that's what he did best. Either balo is not using his head or that they have been coached extremely poor or that BR and the coaches haven't got a clue what  to ask the lads to do with the ball outside the box.

Take a look at the whole game, the linkage between midfield and attack is non-existent except dilly dallying in our own half and on the left and right wing and I can't remember we created even 1 clear scoring opportunity, that's how poor we were. BR, please replay all the last 6 or 7 games and tell me I'm wrong. The greatest worry is BR still feels that he's doing ok when we are sliding down the table fast.

Is BR simply playing a very safe game with all the side and back passes or that he fears maureen?  Damn we are playing in Anfield and why do we give so much respect to maureen, I just don't understand.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #718: Nov 09, 2014 08:39:39 am
      Did anything happen after the game? Read something about Chelsea players or fans being up to no good after the game. Can't find anything anywhere though.

Anyway, Lovren played himself on to the bench and probably Hendo, too. He was shocking. But Lovren put in the worst centre back performance i can recall. His daughter would of seen him play to her delight but i hope she fell asleep soon after kick off.

Sterling looked a little better, Coutinho did well and Can did too. Thought Mignolet was good considering the amount of crap in front of him. So much pressure on his goal and got caught out by two moments of shambolic defending.

Balotelli cops a lot of sh*t but can anyone recall any clear chances created for him? Most of his touches were outside of the box and the midfield did F**k all for him. He looked much busier last night to his credit dropping back a few times and holding it up well.

Keen to move on. Thank god for the International break - cross fingers no one gets injured.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #719: Nov 09, 2014 10:13:25 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLfzl1S4qtE

Lovren against Chelsea.

Warning: Might not be suitable for hardcore fans ;). Watch it at your own risk.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #720: Nov 09, 2014 10:35:57 am
      Anyway, Lovren played himself on to the bench

Bet he plays next game though.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #721: Nov 09, 2014 10:53:59 am
      Reality is that- even clubs that people here might go well they have a better defence than us will not keep clean sheets against Chelsea this season.
      Our defence looked quite solid yesterday, the problem I keep seeing is; players in possession start panicking and give the ball away for free, quality teams given the numerous amount of chances that creates will score against us or anyone doing that.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #722: Nov 09, 2014 11:24:24 am
      As always when watching us play I have a tendancy to miss details so I prefer to rewatch the game in full before commenting.  I haven't rewatched this one but I agree with some of the comments that I didn't think we were that bad.  Yes there was some notably disgraceful play, mostly by our more senior players, Glen and Lovren in particular and Hendo was virtually non existant again.

I do think the subs were wrong, Lucas, Lallana and Borini should have come on for Hendo, Balo and Can, who was tiring badly and change it up a bit. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #723: Nov 09, 2014 12:02:08 pm
      if we take all the emotion out of this which is very difficult we have a bunch of players who do not have confidence in themselves or in their team mates.
      What is important is not how we got here but how we get out of it and that can only mean a radical change of players and tactics.
      We need Flanno back because Johnson needs to go out on loan or out the door why he gets picked is beyond me.
      We need Lucas back to protect the two CB's and we need two up front Borini has to be one just because of his work rate and the positions he takes up .That means decisions on Gerrard Allen Balotelli who aren't in good enough form to be picked.
      Its all down to Brendan he makes the decisions and I would suggest his future depends on him making the right ones.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #724: Nov 09, 2014 12:42:26 pm
      if we take all the emotion out of this which is very difficult we have a bunch of players who do not have confidence in themselves or in their team mates.
      What is important is not how we got here but how we get out of it and that can only mean a radical change of players and tactics.
      We need Flanno back because Johnson needs to go out on loan or out the door why he gets picked is beyond me.
      We need Lucas back to protect the two CB's and we need two up front Borini has to be one just because of his work rate and the positions he takes up .That means decisions on Gerrard Allen Balotelli who aren't in good enough form to be picked.
      Its all down to Brendan he makes the decisions and I would suggest his future depends on him making the right ones.

Next time anyone watches the vid for the Chelsea first goal just watch our esteemed number 2 fluffing about like a fart in a trance on the goal line.
      Half hearted attempt to clear the ball.

Get shot .
      Get Flanno.
      Get anyone.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #725: Nov 09, 2014 12:56:29 pm
      Next time anyone watches the vid for the Chelsea first goal just watch our esteemed number 2 fluffing about like a fart in a trance on the goal line.
      Was that before or after he blocked two certain goals mate?
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #726: Nov 09, 2014 01:07:34 pm
      Was that before or after he blocked two certain goals mate?

So because someone gets in way of two shots makes it all right does it ?? Open your eyes and smell the coffee
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #727: Nov 09, 2014 01:21:25 pm
      Open your eyes and smell the coffee
      I could open my eyes and see the coffee but I sure as F**k don't need to open them to smell it, you goat. ;D

Our problems are/were bigger than where Glen Johnson was standing for the first goal. Choosing to blame Glen Johnson for them is daft but sadly par for the course for 'the most knowledgeable fans in the world'... Put simply - our defence has been poor for 50 + games now - with or F***ing without Glen.

Keep ignoring that; keeping blaming Glen or anyone else and you're never going to solve the problem. In my opinion, obviously. ;)

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #728: Nov 09, 2014 01:24:00 pm
      I highlighted Johnson as only one of many  faults and just picking up on Waltons post  BB.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #729: Nov 09, 2014 01:45:23 pm
      I could open my eyes and see the coffee but I sure as f**k don't need to open them to smell it, you goat. ;D

Our problems are/were bigger than where Glen Johnson was standing for the first goal. Choosing to blame Glen Johnson for them is daft but sadly par for the course for 'the most knowledgeable fans in the world'... Put simply - our defence has been poor for 50 + games now - with or f**king without Glen.

Keep ignoring that; keeping blaming Glen or anyone else and you're never going to solve the problem. In my opinion, obviously. ;)
      Goat ?? Sums you up pal another keyboard warrior who has to call people names when is dumb opinions are questioned. Like i say smell the coffee about Johnson instead of looking for little positives you B##lend
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #730: Nov 09, 2014 01:52:14 pm

[/quote]

Oh right so rather than blame anyone and find the root of why the defense is so bad your idea is to keep sticking with the problems identified. Get a grip
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #731: Nov 09, 2014 02:00:49 pm
      Thought Glen Johnson was awful.  A continuation of his general awfulness that has extended beyond this season.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #732: Nov 09, 2014 02:07:47 pm
      Thought Glen Johnson was awful.  A continuation of his general awfulness that has extended beyond this season.

Glen was yesterday, as Glen is in most matches; what he does well he did well yesterday, what he does badly, he did badly yesterday. He was no more or less awful yesterday than he's been for a number of years now. Henderson, on the other hand, has done a complete U-turn and regressed. Lately his performances have been on par with his first year with us.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #733: Nov 09, 2014 02:09:43 pm
      Henderson, on the other hand, has done a complete U-turn and regressed. Lately his performances have been on par with his first year with us.

Totally agree.  Was great last season but has been shocking so far this season.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #734: Nov 09, 2014 02:24:04 pm
      Question - There were rumours before the game that some petty fans would hold a protest, and have a plane flying overhead with a banner... you know... Man Utd style.

Did that happen? During the coverage, I could hear a plane.. just when Chelsea scored the 2nd goal..???

There was a plane that was advertising an online clothing site mate, that's all.

I didn't think it was that bad mate. We were outplayed, but if you ignore our poor defending, forget about our toothless attacking and just concentrate on Coutinho and Can.... we weren't too bad.

We were F***ing sh*te mate, honestly. As soon as we scored we just got bullied and fought back like weaklings with no leadership or comoradary. There was thousands around me shouting for us to push out but when we attempted to it was all so very lethargic and at snails pace. These overpaid prima donnas from Chelsea worked hard, played as a team, done us mentally, done us tactically and wanted it a lot more. I'd have been happy with the point from the possible penalty of course but unfortunately that would have papered over the cracks and allowed the manager to fool a few with his post matcher saying how wonderful all of the players were and all of that bullshit.

There was no guile. The tactics we opted to play invited Chelsea on to us and they duly obliged and whenever we stopped them we just kept giving them the ball straight back with poor and inept play.

We are F***ing sh*te, don't let anybody fool you that we aren't.

The current system doesn't work. It didn't look that good when it was with just Sturridge before Balotelli joined him up front for the Spurs game and it certainly hasn't looked good from that day on with Balotelli up on his own.

Now I'm no Bob Paisley but, after a few sh*te performances after the Spurs game, I'd look at the one game we'd looked marvellous in and think that maybe, just maybe, that would get the best out of the strikers I had at my disposal. But no, we still find ourselves here.

As JD touched on, the groans from around the ground when he made that double substitution were well heard and there was a lot of abuse coming from around me in the Lower Annie Road towards the manager.

He said that Spurs should have found themselves challenging for the title after spending £100 million last season, he said before the season started that we would be challenging for the league title and the Champions League this season and has since started talking that down and mentioning transition once we started to look sh*te.

Comments like those will bite him on the arse sooner rather than later if he doesn't take his head out of it very, very quickly. He is fast losing support and that's worrying as it will intensify the pressure.

The last thing I want is FSG getting to choose us another manager.

Must improve very quickly, if not just for our fading hopes of the top four but more importantly his job and our immediate future. I fear we will fall to new depths if he doesn't sort it out and then goes.

Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #735: Nov 09, 2014 02:40:32 pm
      Did anything happen after the game? Read something about Chelsea players or fans being up to no good after the game. Can't find anything anywhere though.

I was hoping to find more information about this, too. Anyone?

Quick Reply