Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool 1:2 Chelsea. In game and post match déjà vu.

Read 43011 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Re: Liverpool 1:2 Chelsea. In game and post match déjà vu.
      Reply #736: Nov 09, 2014 02:52:09 pm
      I was hoping to find more information about this, too. Anyone?

I was in the Anny Road and went The Arkles for a bit after the game.  Didn't hear or see anything of note.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #737: Nov 09, 2014 04:07:12 pm
      Goat ?? Sums you up pal another keyboard warrior who has to call people names when is dumb opinions are questioned. Like i say smell the coffee about Johnson instead of looking for little positives you B##lend

"Is dumb opinions"? Oh the irony.

"Keyboard warrior"? - Remind me again: who stuck their nose (the thing you smell with) into the thread to dismiss who's opinion?

"Call people names"? - You call me dumb and a bellend in a semi-literate hissy fit because you're offended by the word goat. Hmm.

Forgive me if I don't take you seriously rossy - you dumb-F**k goat. :lmao:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #738: Nov 09, 2014 04:17:28 pm
      Goat ?? Sums you up pal another keyboard warrior who has to call people names when is dumb opinions are questioned. Like i say smell the coffee about Johnson instead of looking for little positives you B##lend

Bellend ?

Who?  Bad Boy ?

Oh I see .... tried.... it doesn't  censure.
      Need to promote that one to the mods ....if you intend using it often.
      Better get your hashtags back in use RR.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #739: Nov 09, 2014 05:17:57 pm
      People do know that Flanno underwent knee surgery in the summer and won't be back training until mid December?  Of course we need him back, as we need all our injured players back but he's probably not going to be ready until early February and might not hit his form from last season for a while yet.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #740: Nov 09, 2014 06:59:20 pm
      Bellend ?

Who?  Bad Boy ?

Oh I see .... tried.... it doesn't  censure.
      Need to promote that one to the mods ....if you intend using it often.
      Better get your hashtags back in
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #741: Nov 09, 2014 07:02:56 pm
      "Is dumb opinions"? Oh the irony.

"Keyboard warrior"? - Remind me again: who stuck their nose (the thing you smell with) into the thread to dismiss who's opinion?

"Call people names"? - You call me dumb and a bellend in a semi-literate hissy fit because you're offended by the word goat. Hmm.

Forgive me if I don't take you seriously rossy - you dumb-f**k goat. :lmao:
      Reading your posts pal im surprised anyone takes you serious . Could fit on a postage stamp your knowledge of the game  kid
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #742: Nov 09, 2014 08:21:02 pm

Think this is what all the fuss is about..Crouchinho.
      Chelsea dressing room after they left...
      I've seen worse... :roll:... cheeky f**kers though eh..
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #743: Nov 09, 2014 08:24:01 pm

Think this is what all the fuss is about..Crouchinho.
      Chelsea dressing room after they left...
      I've seen worse... :roll:... cheeky f**kers though eh..

Which one of the filthy chav cu*ts shat all over the floor?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #744: Nov 09, 2014 08:37:02 pm
      Which one of the filthy chav cu*ts shat all over the floor?

All of them did when Can scored our goal, or maybe it was just Cahill.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #745: Nov 09, 2014 08:56:12 pm
      Thought Glen Johnson was awful.  A continuation of his general awfulness that has extended beyond this season.

Yea, tough one to understand what BR see's in Glen at the moment. Not sure how we'll tighten up with him in the back 4.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #746: Nov 09, 2014 10:39:17 pm
      I've just remembered seeing Moreno attempting to mark Matic at the back post on a corner.

Surreal.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #747: Nov 09, 2014 10:53:08 pm
      I've just remembered seeing Moreno attempting to mark Matic at the back post on a corner.

Surreal.

Yeah I mentioned that in the match thread, was the first set-piece of the game, absolutely crazy that was. Wasn't long after we conceded the goal leaving 4 men completely unmarked that I thought "hmm maybe mismatches is the least of our problems" :)

You're right though, how that ever came to pass is ridiculous must be a foot plus in height difference.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #748: Nov 10, 2014 11:15:27 am
      I seen the starting 11 and I knew we'd lose. Yet again it was a case of being sh*t at the back and terrible going forward.

The Lovren-Skrtel partnership doesn't work. Drop one of them and put Toure in until Sakho is available.

Lucas needs to play to provide protection for the CB's. We didn't particularly need Lucas last season because we could out score anybody. This season however, he is desperately needed.

Which brings me onto Stevie. He cannot play as a DM for us any more. He hasn't got the movement, pace or quality up front to assist in his passing. No fault of his own but he is a waste of a shirt now until Danny is back who will latch onto his passes.

That being said, I'd move Stevie to RB until Flanno is fit. Johnson is terrible and a few lucky blocks on Saturday shouldn't save him from being dropped from the squad altogether. Manquillo isn't good enough either.

Moreno is full of pace and energy but he is like an excited dog sometimes running about with his tongue hanging out. Id pick Enrique over him for the time being.

So the defence should look like this to me:

Gerrard    Toure    Lovren    Enrique

Lucas

Moving onto the midfield...

With Lucas sitting there is no specific need for Can.

Henderson has been awful and needs taking out too. I said it a few weeks ago on here that he has gone back to playing how he did when he first signed for us. He has no confidence. Lallana has to play who will run all day too but will also contribute to our attack much more.

Coutinho is wasted out wide and MUST be played in a central position. He is our most creative player and we need to play him in a position we will see the best from him. So Coutinho alongside Lallana for me in the middle of the park.

Sterling sits at the top of a diamond.

TWO UP FRONT FOR FUCKS SAKE. How Borini didn't start on sat after his performances against Swansea and Real I'll never know. His energy and movement creates space all over the pitch for us instead of having one man upfront who doesn't move at all - Balotelli. Borini is an absolute must for me at the moment.

Either Balotelli or Lambert can play alongside him, personally id give Lambert the nod. I think he brings other players into play a lot more than Balotelli does and I think we'd be more of a threat on set pieces etc. I also think Balotelli would be a decent impact player from the bench too.

Back speaking about the game, I thought we were sh*t and bent over for Chelsea. No fight in us at all. No leadership. No energy. No pace. No urgency. No quality. No belief. No confidence. No effort.

Playing top of the league at home for fucks sake.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #749: Nov 10, 2014 11:19:36 am
      Reading your posts pal im surprised anyone takes you serious . Could fit on a postage stamp your knowledge of the game  kid
      :gt-happyup:
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #750: Nov 10, 2014 11:34:57 am
      I seen the starting 11 and I knew we'd lose. Yet again it was a case of being sh*t at the back and terrible going forward.

The Lovren-Skrtel partnership doesn't work. Drop one of them and put Toure in until Sakho is available.

Lucas needs to play to provide protection for the CB's. We didn't particularly need Lucas last season because we could out score anybody. This season however, he is desperately needed.

Which brings me onto Stevie. He cannot play as a DM for us any more. He hasn't got the movement, pace or quality up front to assist in his passing. No fault of his own but he is a waste of a shirt now until Danny is back who will latch onto his passes.

That being said, I'd move Stevie to RB until Flanno is fit. Johnson is terrible and a few lucky blocks on Saturday shouldn't save him from being dropped from the squad altogether. Manquillo isn't good enough either.

Moreno is full of pace and energy but he is like an excited dog sometimes running about with his tongue hanging out. Id pick Enrique over him for the time being.

So the defence should look like this to me:

Gerrard    Toure    Lovren    Enrique

Lucas

Moving onto the midfield...

With Lucas sitting there is no specific need for Can.

Henderson has been awful and needs taking out too. I said it a few weeks ago on here that he has gone back to playing how he did when he first signed for us. He has no confidence. Lallana has to play who will run all day too but will also contribute to our attack much more.

Coutinho is wasted out wide and MUST be played in a central position. He is our most creative player and we need to play him in a position we will see the best from him. So Coutinho alongside Lallana for me in the middle of the park.

Sterling sits at the top of a diamond.

TWO UP FRONT FOR FUCKS SAKE. How Borini didn't start on sat after his performances against Swansea and Real I'll never know. His energy and movement creates space all over the pitch for us instead of having one man upfront who doesn't move at all - Balotelli. Borini is an absolute must for me at the moment.

Either Balotelli or Lambert can play alongside him, personally id give Lambert the nod. I think he brings other players into play a lot more than Balotelli does and I think we'd be more of a threat on set pieces etc. I also think Balotelli would be a decent impact player from the bench too.

Back speaking about the game, I thought we were sh*t and bent over for Chelsea. No fight in us at all. No leadership. No energy. No pace. No urgency. No quality. No belief. No confidence. No effort.

Playing top of the league at home for fucks sake.

You're being original; I'll give you that, but no Can? He was the best player on the pitch v Chelsea... him or Coutinho were at least. So I don't get that.
      Playing Gerrard as a right back... the manager might steal your idea on that one.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #751: Nov 10, 2014 11:35:23 am

What else did Gerrard say to Brendan mate ?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #752: Nov 10, 2014 11:53:30 am
      You're being original; I'll give you that, but no Can? He was the best player on the pitch v Chelsea... him or Coutinho were at least. So I don't get that.
      Playing Gerrard as a right back... the manager might steal your idea on that one.

Agreed, I've been impressed with Can so far and thought he was decent on Sat too.

I haven't seen enough of him yet to suggest he is a better DM as Lucas though. We all know what Lucas is capable of and what we will get out of him. He can be trusted to play as a DM and its something we need at the moment I feel.

I also haven't seen enough of Can to suggest he offers more of an attacking threat than both Lallana and Coutinho who would be my choice in the middle. I think both L&C would bring more goals and assists than Can.

I do like Can though.

Neither Manquillo or Johnson are good enough for me. Gerrard is a poor DM too. So although he lacks pace, id like to see gerrard as RB for a few weeks.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #753: Nov 10, 2014 11:59:54 am
      Agreed, I've been impressed with Can so far and thought he was decent on Sat too.

I haven't seen enough of him yet to suggest he is a better DM as Lucas though. We all know what Lucas is capable of and what we will get out of him. He can be trusted to play as a DM and its something we need at the moment I feel.

I also haven't seen enough of Can to suggest he offers more of an attacking threat than both Lallana and Coutinho who would be my choice in the middle. I think both L&C would bring more goals and assists than Can.

I do like Can though.

Neither Manquillo or Johnson are good enough for me. Gerrard is a poor DM too. So although he lacks pace, id like to see gerrard as RB for a few weeks.

Wasn't Can playing a more box to box style though, in the Chelsea game?
      Honest don't get me started on Johnson because it won't be pretty, I've never been a fan of him even when he had predator hair.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #754: Nov 10, 2014 02:09:59 pm
      We are not doing too good, are we?
      No link play between midfield and front line-
      Our Defence has been very bad for almost 40-50 matches
      Brendans starting 11 was not my favourite, but hes the manager and im not, so he knows better. That said, the second most of us read it, you just knew something was not right.
      Not going to pick individual failures, because most our players did poorly (Cam was quite good, Mario was given nothing to work with, STerling improved a bit), but some players performances were very below par.

Too much to improve, this looks like a pre season team, and not a team 11 games down the PL
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #755: Nov 10, 2014 02:39:02 pm

Gerrard at RB.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall if Brendan ever asked him to play there. ;D

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #756: Nov 10, 2014 02:44:15 pm
      Gerrard at RB.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall if Brendan ever asked him to play there. ;D

He's done it before though Si, when he was 25  ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #757: Nov 10, 2014 02:45:21 pm
      He's done it before though Si, when he was 25  ;)

I know he has Debs and he was a fantastic RB but not a chance in hell Brendan will 'ask' Stevie to play there.

He plays DM and that's that.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #758: Nov 10, 2014 03:00:48 pm
      I know he has Debs and he was a fantastic RB but not a chance in hell Brendan will 'ask' Stevie to play there.

He plays DM and that's that.

He was fantastic wherever he's played mate but unfortunately for us and him, those days are gone.

Quick Reply