Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

£120m - what would you have done?

Read 13327 times
      RedRepublican
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Re: £120m - what would you have done?
      Reply #161: Dec 02, 2014 10:18:02 pm
      1. Replace Suarez by throwing money at the problem.
      2. Decide why we conceded so many last year and fix this.
      3. Recognise that we already had Ilori (no Lovren), wisdom (no Manquillo) , Ibe/Suso (no markovic).

I am not suggesting all our targets would have come to us but 4 excellent players would have helped massively. Only Can Moreno Lallana and Origi make any sense

Agreed on all of that mate. Particularly on developing the promising players already on the books.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #162: Dec 03, 2014 10:15:32 pm
      £40m and 200k per week for Sanchez - bargain!

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #163: Dec 04, 2014 04:17:21 pm
      I think Br will be lucky to get a quid in Jan think FSG might say you've had your lot fella for this season now make it work! to be fair i think its right, were not playing like a top title contender side so why spend like one!

to be one?
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #164: Dec 06, 2014 09:33:11 am
      Hmmm what ifs are all well and good.

What i would have done was buy a top class centre half, and not sit on my fuc*ing arse whilst the team who finished below us last season bought 2 top class players in costa and fabregas.

You get what you pay for ... and they got those 2 players for around 62m combined.

We spent 60m on lovren lambert mario and markovic.

Last summer was a big chance for us that was unexpected 12 months earlier. We were back at the top table. But what we did was what we have done basically every summer since 1990 and thats spend alot of money on very average players.

The excuse that chelsea and city have bought success doesnt wash anymore. They bought top players. We bought average players. Its not rocket science.

Quick Reply